Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Nightblade on Veteran

JoeJoe87577
JoeJoe87577
Soul Shriven
Hello everyone,

right now my Nightblade is V2 and it is very difficult for me to do even simple quests.
With a Group of 2 Mobs on my Level it's hard, but with 3 or more it's impossible to do. And quest bosses are just out of my league.

This is my current build:
esohead.com/calculator/skills#mcRXtg9Mkrpa08GFx48GFlr8Iryv8w2VT8w2Vj8GHk28innO8injI8GHRv8IPbc8LxsO8IPwM807068t7XIsgW6IsgZ8g7XbsXy6bsXt8C7Xbzqa6Nzqq6bzqu6MzqG8D7XbzdM8F7bNzrJ6bzrO8P7MbdYh8zzx3TH7068zf7zzNbo8zu7zzHfYE6zHfZd8zG7zzHQ3F8zI7zzJIoX6zJIkL8zN7zzJZcY8zA7zzKpUN8zL7zzK4EX

And i have tried 3 other builds including medium/heavy Armor and a mix, a two handed weapon and one handed with a shield.
Does anyone know how to use a NB on Veteran without constant dying?
JoeJoe
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CC.

I use bombard with my bow to keep groups tied up while I focus them down one at a time with a light attack followed by swallow soul, which I can do twice before needing to bombard again.

Being a vamp, I also have the health siphoning bat swarm morph and invigorating drain for when my health gets low.

I've been sticking to single mobs for dual wielding, and that's purely a mark target- ambush- flurry- invigorating drain deal.
  • RookBorn
    RookBorn
    ✭✭
    Hey,

Just thought I'd share my build with you. I use purely bow and nothing else. I can take on 4-5 mobs at a time considering I get a good stealth attack. You're using heavy armour and Haste as a Bowyer which is not giving you enough damage. As post above says, you need CC.

Here's mine.

http://esohead.com/calculator/skills#mcsXg9Mk0auGmia8IryQ8Irt48innb8GHst8injI8IPwA85o07068p7JMdBvT6MdBvj6MdBEI6MdBEp6cdBET8g7XbsXy6bsXx6MipLW6MipL46MippV6Mippo6Mippq8C7DIzqq6Izqu6bzqI6MGFWc6MGFWi6MGFWA6MGFWn8D7mNzdM6dzdm8F7bNzrO8zz7XctyrG6ztyfm6ctyfV6ctyfR8zzx3TH7068zf7zzNbo8zu7zzHfYE6zHfZd8zG7zzHQ3F8zI7zzJIoX6zJIkL8zN7zzJZcY8zA7zzKpUN8zL7zzK4EX
    Khajiit Nightblade - V6
    --The Brigade--
    Biggest achievement so far - Veteran Area unlocked at 46
  • JoeJoe87577
    JoeJoe87577
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the ideas, I'll try it out when my char has money again... After the many resets I'm completely broke :smile:
    JoeJoe
  • Enderhawk
    Enderhawk
    The key to survival in Veteran Zones is CC and DPS.

http://esohead.com/calculator/skills#mcMzt9R8w2Bl8w2lU8IryQ8GFx48IrtE8Ir3j808GHaz8GHRB85c07068t7GbsgY6NsgZ8C7Jbzqa6bzqG6NzqI8D7bNzdM6Nzdm6NzdR8zz7068zzx3TH7068zV7zzeCp48zf7zzNbo8zu7zzHfYE6zHfZd8zG7zzHQ3F8zI7zzJIoX6zJIkL8zN7zzJZcY8zA7zzKpUN8zL7zzK4EX

7/7 medium armor

Sneak up to the group, use stealth if mob is facing you. Pick a caster or ranged npc as 1st target. Use Concealed Weapon, light attack, killers blade.

Now you've got only 2 npcs facing you and bar full of hp. Blood Craze on both of them, Heated blade on 1 and focus on another. I things will get messy you can use stealth + concealed for 4s stun. Always finish with killers blade.

If youre mor magicka oriented you can swap heated blade for mass histeria, its much more effective but only against melee mobs.

Second bar is for group of 4-5 mobs. Mark one as a target, its npc that youre gonna kill 2nd or 3rd dependable on dps of a group. Wait for magika to regen, use focused attacks and go in.

EDIT: Learn to use stealth. Even though its buggy, it still cancels any chaneling skill of NPC. It's very efficient, when an enemy is channeling, to go into stealth and use the opportunity to stun for 4s with concealed weapon, rather then bash/block.

Heated blades and blood craze regen allow you to solo any melee elite NPC, even if his 1 attack hits you for 1k, if you keep him blinded he cant hurt you.
    Edited by Enderhawk on May 5, 2014 11:22AM
  • siuolly
    siuolly
    ✭✭✭
    Have they fix haste and its morph variants not working on bow yet?
  • TurnX2k2
    TurnX2k2
    I'll throw my build up so you have some more build options:

http://esohead.com/calculator/skills#mcszgx9k8GFts8IPq48injt8innG8IPQe8IPwB8GFts8w2BO8w2CO8If0n8IrgV8IPwB8t7HLsgZ6Lsg16MwS3c6MwUlN6MwYle6MwYlv6MwYl28g7HrsXy6rsXx6MipLW6MipL46MippV6Mippo6Mippq8C7DLzqa6MGFWc6MGFWi6MGFWA6MGFWn8D7Nrzdm6Lzds6MIsaM6MIrv36MIrEf8F7DrzrJ6LzrO6Lbuy6MIPAh6MIPAT6MIPAv8zz7zztyfm8zf7zzNbo8zu7zzHfYE6zHfZd8zG7zzHQ3F8zI7zzJIoX6zJIkL8zN7zzJZcY8zA7zzKpUN8zL7zzK4EX

I am about 30% through VR3 and still find most large groups manageable with this build. I have DW setup as my second bar as a sort of AOE option, however I find myself using my Bow bar 95% of the time. In case it matters I have 7/7 Medium and am a Khajiit.

My typical rotation for 2-3 mob groups is to Stealth and heavy attack the first mob. I usually prioritize Healer -> Mage -> Archer -> Other. I will alternate between Venom Arrow and Funnel Health, using Magnum Shot when mobs get too close. Magnum Shot does a short stun, so I use it to CC whichever mobs I am not focusing on. Once there health is low enough I throw out Impale. For harder mobs I will typically throw Crippling Grasp for the DOT and to kite them around.

Depending on the situation I will swap Venom Arrow for Silver Shards for the extra damage and CC on Daedra. For the really tough fights I will swap Impale for Siphoning Strikes. I will be replacing Soul Tether for Flawless Dawnbreaker as my Ult once I get high enough in the fighter's guild. Soul Tether is great but I like the range of Flawless Dawnbreaker, and the 10% damage boost will also help.

I leveled 1-50 only using DW and while I really liked it, the range and control with the bow really helps in the VR zones. So far I haven't come across a situation I couldn't handle with this build, so hopefully this will help you out.
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enderhawk wrote: »
    Pick a caster or ranged npc as 1st target.

This, though I prioritize menders/healers as they seem to be the best programmed AI in ESO- they're more reliable than actual player healers I've seen and their timing is just aggravating.

If not them, Pyromancers and fire mages, as a vamp I tend to sperg hard on them when I see them.
  • martymart76_ESO
    martymart76_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    These are all good suggestions, but they deviate from what the class is designed to be: a melee, medium armor wearing assassin-type class. Maybe when the Dark Brotherhood and Thief skill lines come, there will be fixes to how the class plays, but currently, it just feels wrong and weak and needs the melee aspect of it to be buffed. What would help is making our "Sneak attack" heavy attack:

1) not take so long, using two daggers, to charge up and execute
    2) for it to actually work with invisibility instead of ONLY working in crouch and
    3) for crouch to get detected far less than it does and for our crouched movement speed to be a great deal faster than the other classes, as it should be.
    4) for our crits to happen more often, hit harder, and restore magicka and stamina when they happen, if not life as well.

You aren't the only one who feels the pain and feels weak, OP. I am a NB VR2, and I can watch other classes with more-easily put together builds, in melee range, with less geared armor than me, literally run in full-on-derp and wreck entire groups of enemies while I have to plan and scheme and take longer to do it than they do if I want to survive the encounter. I do not expect to be able to tank everything, but I do expect to at least be able to burn them down quite quickly.

Our siphon tree is extremely weak. The amount of life that it restores is quite negligible and slow, and the damage it does is laughable, as well, so you are rather screwed either way.

The good news, is that we are getting a balancing pass soon-ish. I hope VERY soon-ish, because personally, I feel like rerolling if not just quitting at this point.

EDIT: I have been trying multiple builds. Bows work, but they are just a crutch, to be honest. (Had to get this in before everyone tells me to go heavy armor vampire kajhiit bow NB like every. single. other. NB. player. out there.)
    Edited by martymart76_ESO on May 5, 2014 11:55AM
  • Canh
    Canh
    This is the Melee Build i used to solo till Veteran 10

http://esohead.com/calculator/skills#mcsz9ck0Da9M8Iqah8GDWN8IryQ8w2E38GDUX8GHRb85ot7mbsgW8C7xNzqu6zzqa6zzqI8D7mqzdm6NzdM8zz7zztyfm8zf7zzNbo8zu7zzHfYE6zHfZd8zG7zzHQ3F8zI7zzJIoX6zJIkL8zN7zzJZcY8zA7zzKpUN8zL7zzK4EX

Pretty much abuse Sneak attack to kill one mob as fast as possible and kill the others mobs in normal Manner.

I must Admit beeing a Vampire can save your ass alot through Resteahling and feeding but its not really needed if u get your Sneak Attack working.

The only thing i couldnt solo was a Veteran 10 Storm Atronoch but they are overtuned to Hell and need to be look into.

• Ruskoff
    Ruskoff
    Soul Shriven
    I'm now VR7 and have no problems most of the time, what I do/take care of are following things:

-) check the hostile group if there is a healer, it can be easily checked by looking at the staffs they have, a healer has a white/gold glowing staff on his back before the fight starts
    -) always start your fight from stealth, stealth + ambush = cheap first kill. This is in my opinion the second important thing to take care of, only point one is more important.
    -) always go for casters first
    -) if there are more than 3/4 hostiles and/or tough ones, check if you can annihilate one target with soul harvest
    -) if there are more than 3/4 hostiles and/or tough ones, use buffs before you enter a fight like imovable from the heavy armor line
    -) don't forget to block/evade special attacks

Regarding the armor I used to have 2x light, 2x med, 3x heavy until VR7. Now I run on 3x light, 4x Heavy. However, your gear shouldn't be more than 2 lvls below yourself, but it mostly matters on the passives you want to use in the armor lines.

Usual solo dungeon bosses are no problem, groups up to 4 hostiles aren't a problem either as long as you check what your enemy is doing.
    World bosses are not soloable from my point of view.

For Skills in general, you need the passives, they are a huge difference.
    Skills I'm recomending without taking care if you are a vamp or not (Vamp makes life easier ofc).

http://esohead.com/calculator/skills#mcsztv9k8GBLK8IOWl8wUBR8GFi28A3FK8GFSf8rqun8hgPY8hgQx8hgQP8IrtX8GFSf807068T7NzRMA8t7CzsgX6IsgZ8v7CqanS6IanQ6qanU8C7bIzqq6qzqa6Izqu8D7zbzdm8F7zqzrJ8O7mqdeB8zz7zztyfm8zzx3TH7068zf7zzNbo8zu7zzHfYE6zHfZd8zG7zzHQ3F8zI7zzJIoX6zJIkL8zN7zzJZcY8zA7zzKpUN8zL7zzK4EX

Myself I'm now a Vamp since VR5 and have exchanged Degeneration for the HP/Stamina drain from the vamp line, but nothing else.
    One more thing, if you keep having problems, try Sparks from the Dual Wield line, it can make your life a lot easier.
    Edited by Ruskoff on May 5, 2014 12:53PM
  • Xithian
    Xithian
    ✭✭✭
    I redirect you to the guide I put up for someone specifically having trouble with keeping their nightblade alive.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/88433/pve-build-nightblade-tank-heavy-armor-1h-shield

I'm also a vampire now in V2 and while I have to pay attention to fire damage I'm still doing ok. I took down a V2^^^ ogre in one of the public dungons solo last night. It's fun to be tanky. :)
  • Xithian
    Xithian
    ✭✭✭
    (Had to get this in before everyone tells me to go heavy armor vampire kajhiit bow NB like every. single. other. NB. player. out there.)

Seeing your edit, I feel the need to specify that I have never used bow, nor to I plan on using it on my Khajiit Vampire Heavy armor Nightblade. :p

Also, I only have vamp because after capping werewolf I decided it was so broken I couldn't use it. Even at werewolf 10 with massively reduced Ultimate cost I found no compelling reason to use it. Now I'm a vamp to try it out. I'm only level 2 in it, so haven't gotten to try most of it yet.
  • R0M2K
    R0M2K
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you think VR2 was hard wait to reach VR3.... Lots of fun :)
  • twistedmonk
    twistedmonk
    ✭✭✭
    so pretty much every build I see now is a vampire build. which looks mandatory to play this game.
  • Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Running NB in veteran? Well either you use bow either you run magicka aoe siphon drain power with resto staff unstoppable and devouring swarm. NB wasn't designed for veteran in its heart. So far im having next to no trouble doing it but I will be honest at time when in vet public dungeons in a 1 v 6 im somewhat annoyed altrought I do manage by overdraining the ultimate out of them and nucking them all with swarm. Vampirism is your best friend in a 6 v 1 melee.
    Edited by Kyubi_3002b16_ESO on May 5, 2014 3:18PM
    One bow to darken the sun
    One bow to unite the clans
    One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun
  • martymart76_ESO
    martymart76_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    so pretty much every build I see now is a vampire build. which looks mandatory to play this game.

Exactly. Some of us do not want to be pidgeonholed into being a damn bow vampire in heavy armor.

• Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    NB cannot heal itself on its own witheout vampirism or restoration staff. At least not effectively. If you want to have but the shadow of a chance in a 1v6 you will need vampirism.

I currently run restoration staff using funnel health,sap essence, healing ward, invigorating drain, unstoppable with devouring swarm as my ultimate and no mather how hard I build otherwise I found out you somewhat need resto staff to stand a chance in vet as NB.
    Edited by Kyubi_3002b16_ESO on May 5, 2014 3:24PM
    One bow to darken the sun
    One bow to unite the clans
    One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun
  • GwaynLoki
    GwaynLoki
    ✭✭✭

Nope, I got this here for the vampire-haters out there :-)

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/92688/nightblade-pve-dw-dw-non-vampire-build-nb-basic-tactics#latest
    Edited by GwaynLoki on May 5, 2014 4:42PM
  • Chirru
    Chirru
    ✭✭✭✭
    So... what I get from all the posts the Nightblade is actually pretty useless as a pure melee fighter against more than 2 enemies unless you are a Vampire, or use a bow (be a Ranger) or use a resto-staff) and be a what? Or use heavy armor and be a pretend DK....
    Thanks a lot... well done. Great stuff...excellent class Not to play unless one is a glutton for punishment. Well done Z-Max...
  • Jice
    Jice
    ✭✭✭
    Chirru wrote: »
    Actually pretty useless as a pure melee fighter against more than 2 enemies unless you are a Vampire, or use a bow (be a Ranger) or use a resto-staff) and be a what? Or use heavy armor and be a pretend DK....

Sure....except I use DW and 1H/Shield exclusively and have no problem in VR content. Just this morning I soloed Lost City in Alik'ir. I don't say that to toot my own horn, but one thing I'm noticing in almost all builds that fail is a lack of self heals, and a lack defensive spells.

I like tanking and designed my Nightblade around being a tank which is why I use heavy armor.

(build for the interested: http://esohead.com/calculator/skills#mcsXtyz0oAT0miq8GFla8If0n8IPSd8GFlZ8IPUI8jb3P8A4rK8IPbk8GHRH8Irxv8IPUI8Ir3D8T7JMrqAi6MrqAI6MrqAD6MrqAZ6crqLw8y7iMfQE16MfQlr6MfQlu8t7aMwYlv8C7Jrzqq6Lzqb6rzqG6MGFWA6MGFWn8D7Jrzdc6LzdR6Lzds6MIrv36MIrEf6MIrEh8F7JLzrJ6Lbux6rbut6MIPNU6MIPAh6MIPAT6MIPAv8O7srdeB6zAZqS6MA4Cb8P7zzLp4d8X7VLfLW6mfLX6mfLY6zjs3S6Mjs3X8zz7pztyfm6ctyfV6ctyfR8zf7zzNbo8zu7zzHfYE6zHfZd8zG7zzHQ3F8zI7zzJIoX6zJIkL8zN7zzJZcY8zA7zzKpUN8zL7zzK4EX )

To the people who say Nightblades were designed to be Melee, Leather wearing, assassins. No, that's one way to play, but it was not the sole intention for the class and people believing in that is why people are failing.

To not have Shades/Agony/Blur is just not using the skills you've been given to deal with groups through stubbornness. The only three things you need on your bar to be good at stealth assassination: Assassin's blade, Cloak and Veiled Strike, which means you have two really nice spots to put all the helpful Roots, Snares, AoEs, Self heals, and Plethora of Defensive abilities available to save your asses. Out of all the NB builds I see, not one uses Elude while covered in Leather armor. Not to mention a whole other hot bar in which you can put healing spells and a healing staff or another DW bar with all the stamina abilities for after the initial strike to deal with the rest.

Also if you're not an alchemist, why not? 20% extra potion effect is nothing to sneer at. As for best potion combination, depends on preference but I use Mountain flower/Bugloss/Columbine. That combination gives you a super powered heal (meaning it's better than standard healing potion effects, because all three plants have it), Stamina and Magika. Plus later on if they make poisons, that's very 'Rogue' ish..:3

Cool tip of the day: Dark Shades do not put you in combat but agro mobs. If you send in your shade first, you remain in stealth while mobs target your shade, they do not target you until you attack them personally. Which means you can kill one using assassination, cloak, then do it to another all while they stare stupidly at your shade wondering why they can't damage it. Yes shades do...terrible damage, but they are amazing at being distractions while you have your fun picking off others one at a time.
    Edited by Jice on May 10, 2014 3:10AM
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jice wrote: »
    Chirru wrote: »
    Actually pretty useless as a pure melee fighter against more than 2 enemies unless you are a Vampire, or use a bow (be a Ranger) or use a resto-staff) and be a what? Or use heavy armor and be a pretend DK....

Sure....except I use DW and 1H/Shield exclusively and have no problem in VR content. Just this morning I soloed Lost City in Alik'ir. I don't say that to toot my own horn, but one thing I'm noticing in almost all builds that fail is a lack of self heals, and a lack defensive spells.

I like tanking and designed my Nightblade around being a tank which is why I use heavy armor.

(build for the interested: http://esohead.com/calculator/skills#mcsXtyz0oAT0miq8GFla8If0n8IPSd8GFlZ8IPUI8jb3P8A4rK8IPbk8GHRH8Irxv8IPUI8Ir3D8T7JMrqAi6MrqAI6MrqAD6MrqAZ6crqLw8y7iMfQE16MfQlr6MfQlu8t7aMwYlv8C7Jrzqq6Lzqb6rzqG6MGFWA6MGFWn8D7Jrzdc6LzdR6Lzds6MIrv36MIrEf6MIrEh8F7JLzrJ6Lbux6rbut6MIPNU6MIPAh6MIPAT6MIPAv8O7srdeB6zAZqS6MA4Cb8P7zzLp4d8X7VLfLW6mfLX6mfLY6zjs3S6Mjs3X8zz7pztyfm6ctyfV6ctyfR8zf7zzNbo8zu7zzHfYE6zHfZd8zG7zzHQ3F8zI7zzJIoX6zJIkL8zN7zzJZcY8zA7zzKpUN8zL7zzK4EX )

To the people who say Nightblades were designed to be Melee, Leather wearing, assassins. No, that's one way to play, but it was not the sole intention for the class and people believing in that is why people are failing.

To not have Shades/Agony/Blur is just not using the skills you've been given to deal with groups through stubbornness. The only three things you need on your bar to be good at stealth assassination: Assassin's blade, Cloak and Veiled Strike, which means you have two really nice spots to put all the helpful Roots, Snares, AoEs, Self heals, and Plethora of Defensive abilities available to save your asses. Out of all the NB builds I see, not one uses Elude while covered in Leather armor. Not to mention a whole other hot bar in which you can put healing spells and a healing staff or another DW bar with all the stamina abilities for after the initial strike to deal with the rest.

Also if you're not an alchemist, why not? 20% extra potion effect is nothing to sneer at. As for best potion combination, depends on preference but I use Mountain flower/Bugloss/Columbine. That combination gives you a super powered heal (meaning it's better than standard healing potion effects, because all three plants have it), Stamina and Magika. Plus later on if they make poisons, that's very 'Rogue' ish..:3

Cool tip of the day: Dark Shades do not put you in combat but agro mobs. If you send in your shade first, you remain in stealth while mobs target your shade, they do not target you until you attack them personally. Which means you can kill one using assassination, cloak, then do it to another all while they stare stupidly at your shade wondering why they can't damage it. Yes shades do...terrible damage, but they are amazing at being distractions while you have your fun picking off others one at a time.
    First an foremost, you can do dual wield, 7/7 leather in VR and do just fine. I do that and really enjoy it. You just can't face tank huge packs. The clue is in the title, want to face tank, build a
    tank, but some people don't like logic, so they complain the glass cannon can't tank.

Second, thanks for the info about shades, I may actually unlock the skill now, sounds fun. I had assumed it would aggro. I'm sure I can do some very cool things with that.

Does it de-spawn if you change to an action bar that does not have it on.

Edited by Guppet on May 10, 2014 8:14AM
  • Jice
    Jice
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, because evidence is everything I spent the last few hours finding a program that'll actually work to record ESO, while struggling with Shadowplay for a few hours before that.

Anyway, in this small video I show how Shades can be used to take on packs of at least 3 while still playing as a stealthy backstabbing assassin. I didn't spec into the skills to hard so it's not even close to the potential it could have, but I'm not re-specing just to prove a point.

http://youtu.be/KjLBANsRyUo

I missed a bit of commentary too, I'm VR4 and the mobs were VR4 as well, so everything was on par. Also I'm a Kahjiit cause I love Khajiit and I'd be one even if our passives were terrible, just luckily they're not, though I don't have any points in Stealthy either, so there's another 9% damage I wasn't doing.
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, because evidence is everything I spent the last few hours finding a program that'll actually work to record ESO, while struggling with Shadowplay for a few hours before that.

Anyway, in this small video I show how Shades can be used to take on packs of at least 3 while still playing as a stealthy backstabbing assassin. I didn't spec into the skills to hard so it's not even close to the potential it could have, but I'm not re-specing just to prove a point.

I missed a bit of commentary too, I'm VR4 and the mobs were VR4 as well, so everything was on par. Also I'm a Kahjiit cause I love Khajiit and I'd be one even if our passives were terrible, just luckily they're not, though I don't have any points in Stealthy either, so there's another 9% damage I wasn't doing.

Really great stuff. The more things like this get shown, the more we can dispel the myth that NB is a bad class for VR.

They play differently, with a bit of planning. As a result they are very rewarding. I have tried the other 3, very effective, but boring as hell.
    Edited by Guppet on May 10, 2014 10:42AM
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thats actually quite neat... cheesy, but neat.

P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn it, I level 40 with shadow, so a while yet before I can do the shade thing.

Currently when wanting to get past a large pack that I don't want to engage, I just enter stealth and chain shadow disguise to walk right through the middle of them.

It does use quite a lot of magic though.

From what I can see of the shades, you could just send one in, all mobs attack it, you walk right past them, without touching any and then when it despawns you have no aggo and have passed the mobs. Does it work like that?

I'm just thinking its an easier method then the shadow cloak one.

Also if your really really cheesy, could you find a pack of 10 or so (if they exist), send in the shade, then take out one mob, go back into stealth, wait a few secs and then send in a new shade and just repeat that to take down one after another, with no mob ever managing to hit you back?
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

hahahaha Man these people should thank you for showing this, Im not going to show my build for obvious reasons but I do exactly the same strategy using my bow, first send the shades and next just heavy shot every single target, they die one bye one...

If players want to be successfull in this game (and in most of the games now a days), they need to learn how to play the classes with the most effective tactical available, and they need to realize that this is totaly different than playig just for ''fun'' with a build they like/want.
  • Jice
    Jice
    ✭✭✭
    Guppet wrote: »
    From what I can see of the shades, you could just send one in, all mobs attack it, you walk right past them, without touching any and then when it despawns you have no aggo and have passed the mobs. Does it work like that?

Also if your really really cheesy, could you find a pack of 10 or so (if they exist), send in the shade, then take out one mob, go back into stealth, wait a few secs and then send in a new shade and just repeat that to take down one after another, with no mob ever managing to hit you back?

Yep and yep. I used it to agro a pack of boss mobs by an artefact I needed to grab, sent in the shades, stealthed by, grabbed it, walked out, and once they de-spawned it was if I was never there.

Usually I use a build with more range than the one in the video, that was just showing off to others who wanted to be more Assassin like. So I send in the shades, pull out the melee one by one then wittle the pack down.

Of course that's when I'm being cheesy, otherwise I go fuzzy balls out and just fly in with Lotus fan and AoE-o-paloza with Renewing Path and Sap Essence
  • chrisub17_ESO104
    chrisub17_ESO104
    ✭✭✭

How is this cheezy? If you look at shades, they don't do any damage. So to me the only logical explanation is that this is exactly what they were designed for.

• ArgonianAssassin
    ArgonianAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭

How is this cheezy? If you look at shades, they don't do any damage. So to me the only logical explanation is that this is exactly what they were designed for.

It cheesy because you NEED to use dark shades in order to not get stomped on by enemies, is a build without dark shades just as effective as taking out enemies, no. Why not? Because a good portion of nightblade builds, particularly single target builds, aren't effective at Veteran ranks anyways, I leveled up to VR5 using a single target build and then it all fell apart. I didn't make a nightblade to be pigeon holed into AOE builds and being forced to use dark shades just to be effective.

Now don't get me wrong, Dark Shades are bad ass I leveled up my shadow tree just for the shade, because he's cool looking to have a shadowy assassin fight by my side, just like the Spectral Assassin all over again, but I shouldn't have to use it to be able to take out a group of enemies. I'm an Argonian with all racial passives, the ritual stone, swallow soul slotted and leeching strikes and haste with 5/2 medium/light, why is my self healing so garbage? I'm stacking all possible healing buffs my class/race combo can get and it is garbage, can't do enough damage to burn down a single enemy, not enough self heals to keep me alive through a 3v1 fight with trash NPC's standing in the way of my quest objective. Absolutely pathetic.

Now mind you I'm also using Ambush and Invigorating drain as the only other 2 skills on my bar, and this is the result of my FIFTH respec, because my other 4 builds didn't work either as single target DPS, this is the result of me dying so often and so quick that I saw no other alternative other than stacking self heals, and all of our self heals, even with all those self healing buffs, is absolute garbage and that's not right, something is wrong here where I can't even outheal the damage of a single NPC.

From 1-VR5 I ran a build that looks very similar to this: Flurry, Swallow Soul, Siphoning Attacks, Ambush and Blood Craze and that was enough to get me all the way to vr5, why has it suddenly stopped working? Well for one well all know flurry doesn't scale well into Veteran Content, right? That needs to be fixed, Blood Craze does crap damage and crap self healing(Seeing a pattern here with self heals. . .) in Theory this should be one of the strongest single target builds around with high survivability and high damage, but it's lacking in both, why? The only way I can get through veteran content and not get stomped on why a single target build is to cheese my way through it spamming invigorating drain on anything that even dares try to get close to me while I sit back and spam cripple and flying blade and that's not fun, it's just pathetic, and isn't the awesome melee assassin I signed up to be.
    Edited by ArgonianAssassin on May 10, 2014 8:05PM
    "It is okay to fear the night, even the bravest warriors are filled with fright, at the sight of the might of Sithis' fang, let the blood be washed away by the rain, let the stains forever remain, another life taken in Sithis' name, another soul for the void. All hail our Dread Father and his consort, the Night Mother." -Stalks-His-Prey
  • Sypherioth
    Sypherioth
    ✭✭✭
    1.2 Patch gonna have NB fixes