Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Molag Bal Bug?

Iorail
Iorail
✭✭✭✭
The buff you are suppose to get after choosing a companion is not working for me, everything still hitting me like a truck and I keep dying over and over at the titans on the fight with Molag Bal, if 2 or more hit me at the same time, it's over, no buff = dead. Also, if the shoot he does before the fight, the one when you are running to the fight hits me, it's also game over.

In-game ticket submitted around 8 am today (9 hours ago) - 140503-026268

BTW, I have repaired the game, reloaded the ui, disable all addons, nothing works, I also have a buff I shouldn't have, giving me 5% more armor? don't even know why I have that but I can't removed that either. I can't advance to veteran zones if this is not fix for me soon....
Edited by Iorail on May 3, 2014 8:50PM
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds about right.

The buff is only effective against the trash in the run-up. Most of them go down in one shot, some take a couple.
    When you come to the fight with Molag, Yeah, he hits like a truck and so do his adds.
    (Hint: block the adds' shots - they rebound and kill the add. Don't try to kill them yourself, you won't.)
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • Iorail
    Iorail
    ✭✭✭✭
    Censorious wrote: »
    Sounds about right.

The buff is only effective against the trash in the run-up. Most of them go down in one shot, some take a couple.
    When you come to the fight with Molag, Yeah, he hits like a truck and so do his adds.
    (Hint: block the adds' shots - they rebound and kill the add. Don't try to kill them yourself, you won't.)

I'll give it another go but nothing have worked so far and they just kill me, thanks.
  • Iorail
    Iorail
    ✭✭✭✭
    I figure out the problem thanks to some divine help ;) This is over for me and the thread can be close.
  • symbolism
    symbolism
    How did you solve this?

I have the exact same issue, I get one hit by EVERY single thing he throws and I have no Amulet of Kings or Divine Power. I did Mannimarco like it was the easiest thing in existence yet can't finish this stupid fight for the life of me.
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He is bugged. I tried to kill him and not even my highest damage skill effects his health bar. It's annoying. I can hit him multiple times and he's still at 100 percent health.
  • N1LegionXDeath
    ooooohhhh.. might have this bug too... was wondering why i kept dying... ima check if i got this ugly bug, maybe if more people have it Zenimax will fix it ._.
    N1 For Life
    Nothing is true; Everything is permitted.
    Imperial Templar ωΩωΩω Ebonheart Pact ωΩωΩω NA MegaServer
  • Iorail
    Iorail
    ✭✭✭✭
    @symbolism‌ - keep moving the whole time, when he jumps, roll away ASAP, when the Titans come, hold block the entire time, that will reflect all damage back to the titans and will kill them all. Then just attack Molag Bal while always moving, never stay in one place. Before you do it again, go to your Harborage and abandons the quest there, retake the quest and pick a different NPC from what you have now, then do as above, good luck!

@RDMyers65b14_ESO‌ in your case is different, if you can't damage him, you need to contact support, that's a different issue.
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I could not do this fight until I was VR1 on my sorcerer but this thread is really helpful
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/97582/molag-bal-is-hard-and-without-guidance :D
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • countesscrownub18_ESO
    I killed Molag quite differently than everybody else. I call it Kitting lol.

Molag follows you but his arch demon helpers do not. This only works if your a Vamp. Run from him immediately down to the first door. As soon as you go through it other 1 hit trash mobs spawn. Life suck one and its a instant full heal. Get your hits on Molag and then run backwards a little bit more. Another group of 1 hit trash mobs spawn. Leach one of them for full health and attack Molag again.

Run back to door go through it one direction and then step back the other way again. All the trash mobs spawn again.

Now I know this is not how beating him was intended. But my fight with Molag was about 1 hour of me doing this before finally my weapon turned into some HUGE DIVINE sword and I 1 shot him with it. Was pretty cool.

Or you can just defend.....which unfortunately I did not figure out until I was reading the forums.
    Edited by countesscrownub18_ESO on May 24, 2014 2:52PM
  • symbolism
    symbolism
    @Lorail - Wrong. It was bugged, I didn't have the divine powers therefore everything hit me 10 times harder and my spells did 10 times less damage. Once that was rectified, this was the easiest quest ever.
  • Iorail
    Iorail
    ✭✭✭✭
    symbolism wrote: »
    @Lorail - Wrong. It was bugged, I didn't have the divine powers therefore everything hit me 10 times harder and my spells did 10 times less damage. Once that was rectified, this was the easiest quest ever.

Indeed, hence my post saying thanks to the divine intervention.

• Ghb
    Ghb
    Soul Shriven
    game bugged out and i just lost the amulet buff. still managed to kill all the mobs up to molag ball but i get to molag ball and if he just hits me with one auto attack i die. zeni please why you troll this account so hard!