Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My Wish List (Classes)

• martymart76_ESO
    martymart76_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I like the idea of new classes, but they have to be based on Elder Scrolls lore. I don't think we can just grab classes from other MMO's and throw them in here.

If they add new skill lines for each class without lowering the respec cost, people will howl.

Ok fine, then they can call a Druid a "Wyrd" like those Wyrding chicks in Daggerfall.
    Options
  • Azzuria
    Azzuria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of new classes, but they have to be based on Elder Scrolls lore. I don't think we can just grab classes from other MMO's and throw them in here.

If they add new skill lines for each class without lowering the respec cost, people will howl.

Ok fine, then they can call a Druid a "Wyrd" like those Wyrding chicks in Daggerfall.

A nature magic caster class that summons vines to snare and hold, heals and poison AoEs and summoning various animals. Interesting concept.
    Brunhilda Icehammer - Nord Dragonknight, 'Smith & Enchantress 'What is 'ranged? I need to hit something!!'
    Laehl Direthorn - Bosmer Nightblade, Purveyor of fine Clothes, Bows and Staves
    Reeza gra-Zuni - Orc Templar 'War Shaman' and Apothecary
    Noemi Snowpaw - Kajiit Dragon Knight - I laugh... or I'd have to kill you.
    Kitera Dreamon - Breton of The Dominion: Because those Daggers don't appreciate a great Mage.
    Lysara Shadowcroft - Dunmer Bloodmage: This will only hurt a lot.
    Options
  • steven.flemingub17_ESO
    I'd love to see a Necromancer class.

Primary theme is disease and undead. Some possible skills lines I was throwing around (note: I don't claim any of these to be balanced, just some flavor for ideas):

[Disease Skill Line]
    - Corruption (single target attack that does x damage, dot, snare 50%)
    --> Corruption Blast (hits 2 adjacent enemies with snare and 50% damage)
    --> Corruption Devour (distance increased, gain 20% damage as health)

- Unholy Circle (area attack that does small initital damage, dot, and 30% snare)
    --> Circle of Contagion (snare increased to 60%, greater distance)
    --> Circle of Despair (gain 15% damage as health)

- Dark Shroud (20% of damage that hits you is converted to health)
    --> Shroud of Undeath(20% of damage that hits you is converted to majicka)
    --> Shroud of Tombs (20% of the damage that hits you is converted to stamina)

- Passage of Undeath (Attack speed increased 20% for 4 seconds)
    --> Living Death (length increased to 6 seconds)
    --> Raging Corpse (speed increased 30%)

Ultimate:
    - Lichform (transform into a lich for 5 seconds, nearby enemies take x damage each second, gain 20% of damage as health)
    --> Lich King (increase time to 10 seconds)
    --> Lich Guard (allies also gain 20% damage as health)

[Undead Skill Line]
    - Summon Undead (summon a skeleton ally, reduces majicka 10%)
    --> Unholy Warrior (summon ghost warrior)
    --> Unholy Poltergiest (summon ghost mage)

- Consume Corpse (regain health for each corpse nearby)
    --> Consuming Darkness (regain majicka for each corpse nearby)
    --> Consuming Grave (regain stamina for each corpse nearby)

- Zombie Rush (summon 3 fast but weak zombies to attack target, zombies have x health, animate for 5 seconds)
    --> Zombie Carnage (zombies explode upon death for x damage)
    --> Zombie Apocolypse (zombies are slightly stronger with x health and last for 6 seconds)

- Mummy Rush (summon a strong mummy to attack target, mummy has x health, animates for 6 seconds)
    --> Mummy Dearest (mummy hits fear target for 2 seconds)
    --> Mummy Rot (mummy causes dot in aoe blast upon death)

Ultimate:
    - Into the Endless Pit (area attack where undead grasping arms appear from the ground. Enemies take x damage per second from arms, are snared for 70%, and cannot heal for 6 seconds)
    --> Endless Pit of Madness (sacrifice 10% health on activation to cause 20% extra damage per second)
    --> Endless Pit of Despair (sacrifice 10% majicka and 10% stamina to reduce enemy armor by x)
    Options
  • AKSb16_ESO2
    AKSb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    A better Elder Scrolls would be with no classes at all, and all Skill Lines free for all...
    Options
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    Memnock wrote: »
    If anything , i would actually prefer , that they remove the classes completely , put everything at the player's choice and lets us be whatever we want to be , i really don't see the point of actual classes , if the trinity roles ( Tank ; Healer & DPS ) , can be fulfilled by any class.

I mean , why the restriction of 3 trees then ? What is the point ? Just let every pick whatever the want from all the skill lines available in the game , no restriction , no penalty.

To be fair , i don't even know why they decided to fragment the magic schools so much in the first place.

The Sorc , gets a version of the conjuration school of magic , with the Daedric Summoning tree and only they have access to it , everyone gets Destruction magic in their trees , but for some reason , only some spells are elemental , for instance Crystal Shard , this spell from the sorcs Dark Magic tree looks like it was designed to do Frost Damage , but it does "Magic" damage .
    There is a weird version of the restoration school in the game , but it is tied to a weapon of all things , and a class specific tree from the Templars , which is again very strange since in no other TES game , the magic schools were ever tied to weapons.

The game does not need more classes , but on the contrary , it needs to remove them completely from the game and allow us to choose whatever we want , just like they advertised "Play how you want " , not "play how you want but within the confines of what we want you to do" .

After they do this , they can add , as many skill lines , that are accessible to all , as they want. I am 100% behind this , add awesome new skill lines , with unique quests and challenges , but let everyone get them.
    exactly this. it is boring beyond reason to be limited to one elemental as sorcerer. I feel like a shade of a wizard who cannot even breathe fire or use shadow magick. it needs to be addressed fast. no new farming zone will cover the lack of elemental matter of TES games: freedom of choice. currently I feel like a prisoner of ill designed class (respec fee is another problem for another topic - missplaced money guzzling sink). I'm spending more time playing Skyrim than this new, fresh """"""""""TES"""""""""" game. I would adore to see this game to become a TRUE TES MMO. really, I do not wish it bad (even though watered down Altmer stink a lot), but changes must come, radical ones.

Options
  • williams226
    williams226
    ✭✭
    Maybe add new world abilities or guild abilities like

Brackenleaf Briars, could give a new skill line,

Summon your chosen animal companion (like sorc pet)
    Shapeshift into that chosen animal (like druid)
    each animal form would have diff affect, Snake + crit from stealth etc
    Summon one of them healing tree things ( spriggen was it) heals damage for x amount of seconds

Options
  • WillFey
    WillFey
    I completely agree that Necromancers should be added as a class but while I would love Druids that seems a bit too lore-breaking
    Options
  • martymart76_ESO
    martymart76_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    WillFey wrote: »
    I completely agree that Necromancers should be added as a class but while I would love Druids that seems a bit too lore-breaking

Only they're already in the game, and they're called the "Wyrd wardens"
    Options
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭
    Unarmed combatant would be great. Call it "Martial artist", "Monk", or "Pilgrim", or whatever. Just give me my hand to hand class! The absence of proper Unarmed skill in Skyrim was sorely disappointing, and I fully expected Hand to Hand to be represented in ESO.
    "I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!"
    Options
  • WillFey
    WillFey

Only they're already in the game, and they're called the "Wyrd wardens"

I never saw a wyrd shapeshift, but ive yet to progress past the high 20s, if it is lore accurate by all means I say add it and add it fast because I want it
    Options
  • patrykplawskib16_ESO
    Id like to see a cross bow skill tree added and cross bows :)

I was thinking it would have similar attacks like the bow but its a cross bow! :D
    It could feature different passives with a couple modification to the bow abilities to make it an awesome cross bow feature.
    Dunmer Master Race
    Options
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Chryos wrote: »
    Every time I mention the Dwemer, people say its not possible with the lore etc. Well what if the race could be discovered hiding out somewheres (sometime in the mmo future)? I would think the lore could be worked around in the future.

I agree on Druid, but I would like a shapshifter type druid. EQ1 had it right when they made druids be able to cast a spell and shapeshift the group into a pack of wolves, that was my favorite part about druids.

I guess the game will have to be out for awhile longer in order to balance classes some more. So far you can be pretty much any kind of pure class or hybrid (with the standard pros and cons of each).

So my opinion on:

Druid- shapeshifter with ability to shift into a wolf and for me some type of big puma) Caster type with damage over time spells, teleportation, and roots.

Dwemer scientist- this would be the standard gnomish tinkerer as in most MMOs.

Warlord- if not the class then the ability to use Guideon Bearers (the guys carrying battle flags-they could have a group buff) or battle drums etc. Or bards that do that stuff specifically

Some more focus on bows for nightblade, for those of us who really want to play a ranger and not a rogue.

Mostly I think needs ESO needs some more specialized utility classes. Buffers, Debuffers, Mana pumps, EQ1 style bards that can twist aoe buffs for large groups.

This all is based off my love for EQ1 of course. But everyone has stuff they'd like to see here from a previous favorite game.

Being as this game is so new, I think Dwemer is going to happen eventually, but years from now I would think. You gotta save room for some cool stuff later in the MMO's lifetime.

The people who say dwarfs can't come into the game just are thinking too much about what the current lore says new lower can be made in spots ware nothing has happened. Happens all the time in Star Wars. Dwarfs are teck advanced and could be living in a small pocket of oblivion. Same the the alyieds.
    Options
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Good morning/afternoon/evening:

Let me just say, that I am -extremely- happy with this game and I've already brought three friends along to play it who are equally as pleased with it, if not more so.

We four have all agreed that we would like to see a couple more classes added to the game, or at least skill lines themselves.

Those classes would be:

Monk - basically, we want an unarmed skill tree that is designed to benefit from using light armor in a melee fashion, with passive bonuses that add health totals and stamina, and especially damage resistances per piece of light armor equipped. Active skills would include a variety of punches and kicks and an improved dodging mechanic for monks, as well as perhaps the addition of melee staves into the game. We also agreed that the game needs a second class that adds another healing tree to the game, and this class seems like a great choice for that. A Tanking defensive tree, of course a melee martial arts tree, and a healing tree would be great.

Druid - Something that many people want, and seems the Elder Scrolls has never provided, not really. Addition of spears to the game with this class, and give it a healing tree, an elemental tree focusing on wind and cold attacks (Tornadoes and Hurricanes come to mind of course), and perhaps a shape shifting and summoning tree that focuses on poisons, summoning bee/wasp swarms, such as a spider form or a snake form with some web CC or constriction attacks, something different than other MMO's who use the standard cat, bear or tree forms (as if nature is that limited). Also something not utilized in other games is Druids who may summon stationary plants (the art is already in the game!) that attack nearby foes like a natural turret or heal allies nearby.

Crafting:

Lapidary - We want to see something more with jewelry. So much potential.

Woodworking needs a good deal of help. Since melee staves and spears would be added with the two classes above, it would be awesome for there to be "wooden" armors added to the game with the addition of the Druid, and a "Natural" schematic added to the crafting list in addition to the racial schematics. Also, Woodworking could bring in Totems or Fetishes that take up a jewelry spot. Just an idea/suggestion.

Thanks for listening!

@Martimus

Monks would works was a class in marrowind, Druids would have too be a wyrd type class.
    Options
  • WillFey
    WillFey
    Every time I mention the Dwemer, people say its not possible with the lore etc. Well what if the race could be discovered hiding out somewheres (sometime in the mmo future)? I would think the lore could be worked around in the future.

I agree on Druid, but I would like a shapshifter type druid. EQ1 had it right when they made druids be able to cast a spell and shapeshift the group into a pack of wolves, that was my favorite part about druids.

I guess the game will have to be out for awhile longer in order to balance classes some more. So far you can be pretty much any kind of pure class or hybrid (with the standard pros and cons of each).

So my opinion on:

Druid- shapeshifter with ability to shift into a wolf and for me some type of big puma) Caster type with damage over time spells, teleportation, and roots.

Warlord- if not the class then the ability to use Guideon Bearers (the guys carrying battle flags-they could have a group buff) or battle drums etc. Or bards that do that stuff specifically

Some more focus on bows for nightblade, for those of us who really want to play a ranger and not a rogue.

Mostly I think needs ESO needs some more specialized utility classes. Buffers, Debuffers, Mana pumps, EQ1 style bards that can twist aoe buffs for large groups.

This all is based off my love for EQ1 of course. But everyone has stuff they'd like to see here from a previous favorite game.

Being as this game is so new, I think Dwemer is going to happen eventually, but years from now I would think. You gotta save room for some cool stuff later in the MMO's lifetime.

The people who say dwarfs can't come into the game just are thinking too much about what the current lore says new lower can be made in spots ware nothing has happened. Happens all the time in Star Wars. Dwarfs are teck advanced and could be living in a small pocket of oblivion. Same the the alyieds.

I want the dwemer back too but it really isnt lore possible, there is no record of their return, this is what zeni gets for not placing the game AFTER ES5
    Options
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭

So my opinion on:

I want the dwemer back too but it really isnt lore possible, there is no record of their return, this is what zeni gets for not placing the game AFTER ES5
    I think that the Dwemer should remain a perpetual mystery of the ES universe, small bits and pieces of knowledge "leaking" to the audience, leaving the mind to wonder.
    Options
  • martymart76_ESO
    martymart76_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Just because the Dwemer vanished, doesn't mean they can't reappear. I'm not sure why people say the lore prevents it, seeing as how they are fictional characters and maybe some Daedra kidnapped them or something into a pocket oblivion plane. And maybe the Daedra can let them back out again. I mean, creativity.....Want Dwemer back? Write lore to bring them back. Simple as that.
    Edited by martymart76_ESO on June 6, 2014 3:44PM
    Options
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just because the Dwemer vanished, doesn't mean they can't reappear. I'm not sure why people say the lore prevents it, seeing as how they are fictional characters and maybe some Daedra kidnapped them or something into a pocket oblivion plane. And maybe the Daedra can let them back out again. I mean, creativity.....Want Dwemer back? Write lore to bring them back. Simple as that.

The entire point of the dwemer in es lore is that they're a mysterious race nobody really knows anything about. Bring them back and you ruin the thing that makes them interesting in the first place
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
    Options
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    we know exactly where the dwemer are: scratching the surface of the Big Denial.

class I want: Solver of Mortality: twinblade wielding astromancer, breathing moons and casting deadly illusion through reflected stars in the surface of the water. an advanced form of mirror logician, memory re-incarnator and grand numberphile. heavily influenced by Altmer/Ayleid lore.
    Options
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »

The entire point of the dwemer in es lore is that they're a mysterious race nobody really knows anything about. Bring them back and you ruin the thing that makes them interesting in the first place
    My point exactly.
    Options
  • martymart76_ESO
    martymart76_ESO
    ✭✭✭

That's just, like, your opinion man. They are interesting to me because they are ancestors of the dunmer and other mer, and they have extremely advanced magickal technology. And they look cool and so does their armor style. And they're only cool to you because ............they're missing?
    Options
  • serenity_painted
    serenity_painted
    ✭✭✭
    They aren't their ancestors, they are just another race of elves, it's a lost civilization.

Making them "not lost" would just kill the mystique and ruin their point of existing in the first place, which is to give the TES world some mystery and lore.
    Options
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭

That's just, like, your opinion man. They are interesting to me because they are ancestors of the dunmer and other mer, and they have extremely advanced magickal technology. And they look cool and so does their armor style. And they're only cool to you because ............they're missing?
    They aren't ancestors, indeed. They were around for a war with the Chimer, at the very least. ShoddyCast on Youtube has excellent Lore videos on this topic. Google it, it's worth the time.
    Options
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    I would never, under any circumstances advertise shoddycast as good lore source.
    and again, we know what happend to dwemer: Numidium
    Options
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭
    Surinen wrote: »
    I would never, under any circumstances advertise shoddycast as good lore source.
    and again, we know what happend to dwemer: Numidium
    They couldn't even activate it, before they got to the Heart of Lorkin.
    Options
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    Still_Mind wrote: »
    they have became its skin. lorkin?

Options
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭
    they have became its skin. lorkin?
    The Missing God (I think).
    Options
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    it is Lorkhan. bad, bad, bad guy

Options
  • The_Sadist
    The_Sadist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to see the Necromancer class, that's pretty much it. I'd main the Necromancer and never look back! That being said a Necromancer was never actually an option in terms of class choice. Likewise, I never actually saw a shapeshifting class before, simply Hircine's werebeasts.

Classes seem to have some sort of Elder Scrolls-y background, so these are all options: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Classes

In terms of the Dwemer, they've vanished and if they make an appearance in ESO I'm going to be extremely disappointed. It wouldn't make any sense for them to reappear and would be extremely lore breaking given they're gone again come Morrowind.
    Edited by The_Sadist on June 7, 2014 4:22PM
    "Each event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event." ― Zurin Arctus, the Underking.
    Tragrim - How do I work this thing?
    Casually stalking the forums
    Options
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭
    it is Lorkhan. bad, bad, bad guy
    Depends on who you ask. The Altmer variation of the Pantheon isn't the only one, neither it's the correct one.
    Options
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    Depends on who you ask. The Altmer variation of the Pantheon isn't the only one, neither it's the correct one.
    it is the only one. one that is an absolute truth.
    it is unwise to even suggest that lesser races have any saying in this or any else matter. erased from the pattern of possibility, never to be seen again. this is MAN fate.
    Edited by Surinen on June 7, 2014 5:23PM
    Options