Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

1 enemy player surrounded by 25 other players and lives = Broken Game

• Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game is not broken - But Vamp is! Needs a fix, a nerf and a kick to the nuts.

You died and you're sad now, is that it?

You could simply learn some tactics and problem solved.

House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Ummaguma
    Ummaguma
    ✭✭✭
    Three are two kinds of pvper... "whiners" and vamps...

On a side note; as a Werewolf, i can tell you silver bolts work just fine on me...
    I may or may not be spending too much time with Sheogorath, but I cant help it... He makes the BEST Nachos! >:)
  • Gaudrath
    Gaudrath
    ✭✭✭
    Chaice wrote: »
    Here is an idea... don't play into the Vamp's abilities. When they pop their ult, scatter, don't cluster around him/her. I have solo'ed vamps before and it looks a whole lot easier than when you try to zerg them.
    They gain health from each person hit by the ult, which is a PBoE, So don't crowd them. Make them work for their health. The video shows the tactic, when they were all clumped up, the vamp was unbeatable. When they spread out, the vamp went down in seconds.
    Just a thought.

Please, just stop. You now have groups of vamp DKs hiding in keeps where you HAVE to go in a small confined space to take the flag - guess how that turns out?

No build, class or whatever should require an entire zerg to rethink their tactics because of one player. That's the definition of OP. The only thing more ridiculous than this combination of bugs and poor design are people actually defending it.
  • acekilla13
    acekilla13
    Soul Shriven
    Here is one explanation of what is happening (from reddit, user comeonmac)

For those of you who are unaware, or don't PvP much, these guys are using the following combination to just faceroll anyone:
    • Devouring Swarm (Vampire Ultimate). At their level, deals ~300 damage per second to each target in range and heals for about that much per target hit, per second. In other words, they are healing for thousands of health each second. If you are in range of a vampire with his ultimate up (10m radius), and not outputting more 300 damage per second, you are actually allowing him to heal.
    • Stage 4 Vampirism + Ultimate cost reduction gear. At its base, Devouring Swarm costs 200 ultimate to cast. However, stage 4 vampirism brings the cost of vampire skills down 60%, which means it only costs 80 ultimate to cast. Additionally, there is gear that gives a flat ultimate reduction cost, and for some reason this is calculated after the vampire effect. A "-15 cost of ultimate" set piece will bring the cost down to 65 ultimate. I have guildmates who have itemized their gear, so that this ultimate costs 44 ultimate.
    • Every time they are attacked, they regenerate ultimate. The more you attack, the more they can spam this ultimate. By the time the first Devouring Swarm is over, they have enough ultimate to cast it again.
    • Strategy #1: Stay away from them. That's easier said then done, considering they can just use the Sword and Board skill Shield Charge (or one of its morphed) to instantly close the distance.
    • Strategy #2: CC them. Oh wait, there's CC immunity. They can break free from silver bullets in a second, and be immune to CC for long enough to ult again. (Meanwhile they spam Talons and snare you and KEEP you in ultimate range, because snares don't trigger CC immunity for some odd reason).

Here is a lovely video showing this issue. (Skip to 11m in if it doesn't start there)
  • largusmeansb16_ESO
    Does much more needed to be said? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyZsIDSSGV4
  • Brugun
    Brugun
    It'll get fixed. I can't imagine anyone quitting Eso over this though, like some people are threatening. Just chill, vamps are in their glory days now but balance patches will set everything right soon.
  • ErilAq
    ErilAq
    ✭✭✭
    Basically what brugun said. it's annoying, and obviously OP (just look at the vids) Vamps will get the nerfs, people will shy away from them to the next flavor of the month, vamps will get buffed, and within a couple of months the blatantly OP specs/builds will start to be balanced out.
    Internet armchair warriors attack! Yayayayayayaaaaaah!!!!
  • savak
    savak
    ✭✭
    ErilAq wrote: »
    Basicly what brugun said. it's annoying, and obviously OP (just look at the vids) Vamps will get the nerfs, people will shy away from them to the next flavor of the month, vamps will get buffed, and within a couple of months the blatantly OP specs/builds will start to be balanced out.

It would be nice to hear from ZOS about this.
  • KingZook
    KingZook
    the thing is, PvP is really the only end game thing and it is annoying to log and and have your group get wipe by 2 guys. The more I pvp here, the most Wildstar looks like a nice MMO. With all of NcSoft flaws, they usually get PvP down pat