Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

1 enemy player surrounded by 25 other players and lives = Broken Game

acekilla13
acekilla13
Soul Shriven
So last night I witnessed one enemy player in Cyrodill take on and kill 25-30 other players who were surrounding him (most of whom were VR). They were surrounding him like a bank NPC and it didn't matter (along with range folks shooting him too). He barely took any damage and killed them all.

That should NEVER happen, period. Regardless of level difference, build, spec, skill, etc. - one player should never be able to defend and kill off 25-30 other players in an open field. His health also never went below 80% full either.

This completely killed any fun we were having up to that point. In fact, our group disbanded shortly afterward with most logging off. If this doesn't get fixed ASAP, ESO PVP will quickly lose whatever audience is still putting up with such a broken game.
  • Xancathb16_ESO
    Xancathb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Was probably an emperor, considering this is one enemy out of 500 it's not that bad.

On second thought, it's still absurd. What build was said individual?
    Edited by Xancathb16_ESO on April 28, 2014 6:04PM
  • Thevenin
    Thevenin
    ✭✭
    This is bound to get fixed. They'll lose tons of PvP players if that doesn't get fixed in the next patch though.
  • Bramir
    Bramir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Volendrung?

I'm currently trying to pick a guest campaign to play until they get this mess sorted out. The population there is just too low, so one OP vamp is a team by himself and the rest of us are just fodder. Not worth my time...
  • joanjett
    joanjett
    ✭✭✭
    HAHAHA you got own!!!!!!!! Sorry bout that i just had to say it :p
    When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."
  • Zebs
    Zebs
    Soul Shriven
    Play on auriels bow, its worse. To many people using the vampire skill tree in pvp and taking on 20-40 people by himself and killing them all, Just by spamming the ult and not dying. Its getting old. Yeah you can use negate magic..etc. But most of the time it doesn't work, they'll just move outta it and just keep on spamming the ult.
  • acekilla13
    acekilla13
    Soul Shriven
    This was on Wabbajack, we were EP fighting DC (enemy was DC). He wasn't Emperor but was VR10 I believe. He would occasionally turn into a wind storm (FX) to move around but for the most part he just stood there taking 30 dudes whaling away at him slowly killing everyone.
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Op has:
    No video
    No pics
    Just his word of 1000 to 1 and the 1000 lost.
    Please people lets not automatically think he is correct.
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We had a similar situation yesterday on Wabbajack with a DC Vet 10 Vamp called "Ultra Crispy". We managed to kill him... after 5 minutes of continual attacks and losing 19-20 out of our 24 Vet group. No idea what his build is, but it was bloody ridiculous, especially when you consider that 6 of us were Ardent Flame Dragonknights using fire attacks exclusively.
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • Thevenin
    Thevenin
    ✭✭
    He actually is, this is pretty common on all campaigns.
    There are a bunch of videos on other threads if you want to go check them.
    Edited by Thevenin on April 28, 2014 6:12PM
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that why vamps are getting buffs in PTS?
  • acekilla13
    acekilla13
    Soul Shriven
    We had a similar situation yesterday on Wabbajack with a DC Vet 10 Vamp called "Ultra Crispy". We managed to kill him... after 5 minutes of continual attacks and losing 19-20 out of our 24 Vet group. No idea what his build is, but it was bloody ridiculous, especially when you consider that 6 of us were Ardent Flame Dragonknights using fire attacks exclusively.

Yeah, this might have been the same guy (I'm on Wabbajack too). Trust me it's not a skill thing, everyone there knew the game was broken at that point (likely even the guy exploiting it).
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've seen other videos of this same exact thing so it's not far-fetched. Definitely is some sort of exploit he/she is using, I don't see this in my campaign much besides the emperor but the VR 10's in my campaign are tough but no way they defeat 30 by themselves.

I assume they'll fix it soon but I don't know, depends on the where it is on their priority list I guess.
  • acekilla13
    acekilla13
    Soul Shriven
    I was playing as 'Restozilla' last night fighting at Chalman keep if you remember that name from last night.
  • Bramir
    Bramir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Op has:
    No video
    No pics
    Just his word of 1000 to 1 and the 1000 lost.
    Please people lets not automatically think he is correct.

None of this is necessary when so many people have seen it firsthand that there are numerous other videos available.

I am guessing you have a horse in this race...

• Tarwin
    Tarwin
    ✭✭✭
    Chuck Norris?
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    awkwarrd wrote: »
    Only thing in PVP that made them OP is the abuse of Ulti reduction stuff.
    Referring specifically to the DK and Sorc class's.

Every single time someone complains about a Vamp that kills 20+ players solo.. he/she is a DK or a Sorc.
    There are maaaany video's floating around now and every one of the video's shows a DK or Sorc as the Vamp.

Vamp gets it rough, because the people just blame vamp, and don't look at everything involved.

There are bugs with the Vamp skill line, and the Werewolf skill line.
    The DK and Sorc abuse the bugs alot in PVP.

The Mist Form is basically the only defense a vamp has, and people complain about it like its some untargetable thing, when i'v been able to target and nuke a player using it by just timing my stun and Silver Bolt to just before they cast it again, sometimes i need to spam those stuns just to get it to work.

It is amusing to see a Vamp problem in PVP, and i can only see a Silver Bolt upgrade, that would remove the Swarm and other Buffs that the supernatural players use.

There are Videos of people nuking vamps in seconds, and again it's mostly DK's and Sorcs doing this, so if anything, i would say there are 2 class's able to abuse things way more easily than picking on a Vampire.

What this guy posted , i actually found a post with the MATH that shows it yesterday , which was ridiculous , like it costs you 4 per vamp ult , will try do it today.

But sure , keep blaming the vamp.
    Edited by Nox_Aeterna on April 28, 2014 6:20PM
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    acekilla13 wrote: »
    He barely took any damage and killed them all.
    Just wait until you run into one, in my case Empress, with two dedicated healers around her.
    wacko.gif
  • acekilla13
    acekilla13
    Soul Shriven
    Srugzal wrote: »
    Someone beats the pants off all of you and it has to be an exploit or else the game is broken, eh? This is nothing but childish whining. Not only childish, but lazy. Too lazy to organize your attack, you're a bunch of savages wailing away. Of course you lost. And you're going to keep losing until you get smart.

Too bad there isn't a video. It would be a laugh out loud comedy. Popcorn time!

That's funny. A completely viable tactic in war (and certainly in this game) is having numbers over your enemy. If there is ever one tried and true tactic in the history of war, it's having more soldiers than the enemy. Clearly that is broken in ESO.

He was a lone straggler away from the rest of his faction, and we had overwhelming numbers on him. If this broken outcome is intended gameplay, enjoy your empty Cyrodill when there's no one left playing except the exploiters! :)

• acekilla13
    acekilla13
    Soul Shriven
    And BTW, I was using Silver Bolts (as were many there) and they weren't putting him on the ground. I was healing the group the entire time too.

And I'm not saying this is specifically a Vamp issue (though I do believe Vamps and Werewolves should not be a part of PVP), but something is definitely broken/unbalanced somewhere.

I will start running Fraps now for vids (and if you don't believe me, than clearly you're not playing a lot of PVP). This is happening all over.
  • Captainkrunch96
    Captainkrunch96
    ✭✭✭
    @Srugzal when 25 guys cant beat 1 VR10, there is a problem

OT: Try having a full squad of VR10 AD vamps fighting you, its just lovely!(sarcastic mode off) its the worst thing ever. three VR10 vamps can turn the tide of battle from completely winning too get our asses back to sejanus(and there were a lot more than 3)
    Edited by Captainkrunch96 on April 28, 2014 7:44PM
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree 100%. We just don't agree on where the problem lies... ;)
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are 25 guys surrounding a guy with a PBAE lifetap is the biggest question.
  • Bramir
    Bramir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why are 25 guys surrounding a guy with a PBAE lifetap is the biggest question.

Maybe because they assumed there wouldn't be anything so badly broken in this game? Or maybe, just maybe, they wanted to kill him?

And yet again, we are back to everyone having to totally spec and play in a particular way so that vamps can remain overpowered...somehow we must recognize vamps at 100 meters so we can be sure to avoid them encountering more than a couple of our players at a time. Of course, the vampire might have something to say about us keeping our distance...

• acekilla13
    acekilla13
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah, I'm really not interested in becoming a vamp, but feel eventually I'll have to if that is the win button. :(
  • Gunsang
    Gunsang
    ✭✭✭
    I just walk over and dump oil on the floor. Have no time to be dealing with some stupid AoE Ult after Ult sillyness. It's actually how I got my first Emperor Vamp kill. :smiley:

To fix this problem, I think they just need to make it not discountable through vampire stages towards ult. There is enough gear and abilities that up ult gain or discount ult cost.
    Edited by Gunsang on April 29, 2014 12:33AM
    Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. And the more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have. - Thomas Hildern
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

OT: Try having a full squad of VR10 AD vamps fighting you, its just lovely!(sarcastic mode off) its the worst thing ever. three VR10 vamps can turn the tide of battle from completely winning too get our asses back to sejanus(and there were a lot more than 3)

I've seen this enough times now that I just give up and leave Cyrodiil. You break through a wall, fire a few trebuchet shots into the breach to clear out defenders, rush the breach, and a few vamps that were hiding nearby storm the breach and wipe the entire assault. They wait on purpose for that moment.

Now I know there's other tactics to employ like opening multiple breaches and negate magic but it's still so damned broken.
  • Kancors
    Kancors
    Wildstar here I come!
  • Ako
    Ako
    Please try to learn counters before crying for nerfs or fixes.

I've fought (died to) a empress vamp and non empress but well ranked vr10 vamp and yeah they can be a nightmare because of how skills interact (crit chance giving heals on sorc for example) but there's going to be ways to take them down, currently the mob rushes and tried to melee which is just healing the individual; silences, negates etc are going to be the key imo but I'm still testing (mostly dying).

AOE cap is going to have something to say on this and, to me at least, the more irritating AEO impulse mob that roam around like a flock of angry sheeps.
    Edited by Ako on April 29, 2014 10:25AM
  • Igolbug
    Igolbug
    ✭✭✭
    the new group on Wabbajack are all V10 Former Emperor AD players.

They are garbage players, I repaired a door behind them(8 of them) and they wiped to guards, and 5-6 of them are V10 Former Emperors.
    But they know how to exploit the crap out of sorc/vamp combo, just casting bat swarm bolting around your zerg spamming that aoe move.
    Igolbug
    V10 R20 Nightblade Ebonheart Pact
    WABBAJACK since day1!
  • Azarul
    Azarul
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree some Vampire things are out of control, however the 2 things in this post I have a hard time believing is the "most were veteran ranked" and that no one out of 25-30 people had silver bolts?