The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Craglorn..another PVE mode. WTF really ? 0 PVP content For vet xp.

sSolutionSs
sSolutionSs
✭✭✭
So Currently if you make it to vet rank through all the quest bugs and crashes you can start running vet rank activities to level to vr10

The Problem here with this game "end game content" is that its ALL PVE

To level at Vet rank you MUST RUN VET RANK DUNGEONS. 0 PVP incentives to level your vet rank toon!

Now to hear they are adding ANOTHER PVE Vet Rank MODE. Time trials? Seriously?? WTF? Have you not been listening to the PVP community at all??

Why cant they just add vet rank pvp dungeons or even small scale pvp vet battles.

There needs to be something For PVP players to do in regards to vet rank XP because im tired of this game forcing you to PVE. its like thats all there is to do.

ok I feel better now. Thanks for reading my rant.
Edited by sSolutionSs on April 24, 2014 7:00PM
  • JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get vet experience in Cyrodill.
  • sSolutionSs
    sSolutionSs
    ✭✭✭
    you are im getting 0 after and hour or so as vet rank
    Edited by sSolutionSs on April 24, 2014 7:18PM
  • Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Craglorn has been known about for some time now. Even before the last "open" beta. So, why are you complaining now?? Not that I don't agree or anything, that pvp needs to be an alternative to pve'ing to VR10. But, you're kinda late to the show in this regard. lol
  • sSolutionSs
    sSolutionSs
    ✭✭✭
    I wasnt involved in beta and am new to this game and I just learned their new addition.

• Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wasnt involved in beta and am new to this game and I just learned their new addition.

Perhaps looking at the forums some more would have benefited you some in this regard?? I hope that once this is out, they will focus on adding or re-adding content for pvp. And doing SOME balance passes on certain class+weapon line combinations. But, it seems all their effort is currently being focused on quest bugs, game breaking bugs and craglorn. Generally, PvE pays the bills in most MMO's, so their main focus will be there. Unfortunate, but it is what it is.
  • JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Craglorn is probably going to be most efficient way to veteran rank 12 as well.
  • stevenyaub16_ESO
    stevenyaub16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    i get vet xp from doing pvp. and from the quests in cyrodil. maybe you are bugged?
  • LadyChaos
    LadyChaos
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see my VP scroll up constantly in Cyrodiil... more so since last patch I think.
    VR2 Ataxia - [NA] Veteran Dominion Sorcerer [Auriel's Bow]
    PvP, PvE, Crafting, and General Shenanigans
    >:) Sorcery and Mayhem online since 1999 >:)
    Current PvP Class/Supernatural Census
  • Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭
    i get vet xp from doing pvp. and from the quests in cyrodil. maybe you are bugged?
    You forgot to mention how little VR xp you get from those quests, when compared to PvE. In ONE quest in the VR4 zone, I can get 30k xp. In ONE quest in Cyrodiil, as a VR4, I get like 6k...MAYBE. Sure, you can get the VR xp, but if you want to hit VR10 anytime this year, you will need to do the PvE content. Which shouldn't be the case at all.
  • JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cydone wrote: »
    You forgot to mention how little VR xp you get from those quests, when compared to PvE. In ONE quest in the VR4 zone, I can get 30k xp. In ONE quest in Cyrodiil, as a VR4, I get like 6k...MAYBE. Sure, you can get the VR xp, but if you want to hit VR10 anytime this year, you will need to do the PvE content. Which shouldn't be the case at all.

Well to be fair the VR quest are more difficult then Cyrodill quest.
  • nicholaspingasb16_ESO
    nicholaspingasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol! PVP players are mad after years of neglect by every MMO.
    Sanguine's Beta Tester

• Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Omg pls no.
    No more vet ranks for at least one year <.<

• Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭

Really?? So, in the VR PvE quests, ppl are going up against other players that may be more powerful than them?? Or facing a gank at the quest givers. You take far more of a risk running missions in Cyrodiil than you do in the PvE areas.
    Edited by Cydone on April 24, 2014 11:29PM
  • TheFio
    TheFio
    ✭✭✭
    There are like 5 pve only folks for every 1 pvper. Of course they are gonna focus on pve if they dont want to go bankrupt.
    Fuzzball of the Ashen hand
    ~Daggerfall Covenant~
  • popatiberiuoneb18_ESO
    TheFio wrote: »
    There are like 5 pve only folks for every 1 pvper. Of course they are gonna focus on pve if they dont want to go bankrupt.

And you base this on what exactly?

• Cagro
    Cagro
    ✭✭✭
    ESO's best feature is Cyrodiil. There are better PVE's MMO games out there but Cyrodiil is special. If ESO concentrates on Cyrodiil, it will probably attract most PVP's players on the market.
  • awkwarrd
    awkwarrd
    ✭✭✭
    TheFio wrote: »
    Kinda, you get those people who say they like PVP just so they have a reason to post, which i can already see in this thread.

You can spot them by the "I get vet exp in cyradiil" kind of comments.
    A real PVP person would add "but it's not much at all".
  • JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gisgo wrote: »

Omg pls no.
    No more vet ranks for at least one year <.<

The preview to craglorn showed a VR12 player.

Also just because you have the chance to fight another player doesn't instantly make your quest harder I've quested fine in Cyrodill as AD on Wabbajack, I even did a few anchors.

• Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why cant they just add vet rank pvp dungeons or even small scale pvp vet battles.

Ah you mean like the Dredgion from Aion? I think that would go along way into helping those who only want to PvP level without disenfranchising those who PvE. I think that would also give players who wish to avoid the zerg a reprieve.

Edited by Armitas on April 25, 2014 4:27PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • sSolutionSs
    sSolutionSs
    ✭✭✭
    Cagro wrote: »
    ESO's best feature is Cyrodiil. There are better PVE's MMO games out there but Cyrodiil is special. If ESO concentrates on Cyrodiil, it will probably attract most PVP's players on the market.

Uh no. Pvp players interested in Zerg pvp warfare with little skill are commonly called pve players.

Pvp players desire competition, skill based warfare against our enemy. Teso has ZERO Competitive PVP.

PVP Wise Wow>TESO And lets face it wow is just a more complex disappointment when it comes to balance issues but at least there are many competitive PVP brackets.

Thats what PVP players want. NOT zerg warfare that involves little to no skill..
    Edited by sSolutionSs on April 25, 2014 7:23PM
  • Cagro
    Cagro
    ✭✭✭

Uh no. Pvp players interested in Zerg pvp warfare with little skill are commonly called pve players.

Pvp players desire competition, skill based warfare against our enemy. Teso has ZERO Competitive PVP.

PVP Wise Wow>TESO And lets face it wow is just a more complex disappointment when it comes to balance issues but at least there are many competitive PVP brackets.

Thats what PVP players want. NOT zerg warfare that involves little to no skill..

Maybe I am not a real PVP player but the most fun PVP for me is random world encounters while you are doing PVE questing. The fear of having to watch your back while progressing the story or helping another player who is in trouble is priceless. I dislike zergs myself.
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just put Craglorn in cyrodiil...putting lore aside, imagine the fights!
    Edited by greylox on April 25, 2014 11:42PM
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• sSolutionSs
    sSolutionSs
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe I am not a real PVP player but the most fun PVP for me is random world encounters while you are doing PVE questing. The fear of having to watch your back while progressing the story or helping another player who is in trouble is priceless. I dislike zergs myself.

Well In this game they Removed that very feature! Unless you happen to be in Cyrodiil, expecting pvp, and running low xp quests. I guess you can get ganked or do the ganking considering youre max level or close to it so you can fight a vet when they show up, and you dont run into a zerg.

But you Cannot go to an enemy's home town and kill them where they stand. You Cannot kill them in their or factions quest area when they least expect it.
    You Have to go into Cyrodiil.

But once again in wow you can go everywhere any other player from any faction can go; there may be guards, nonetheless you can still kill people while they are Really questing and un-expecting a pvp encounter anywhere and even in their home.. talk about looking over your shoulder. even if you go afk you must consider hiding or going to home town to unflag. this is all considering you are on a pvp server. so they at least give you an option in this said game and pve players who dont wanna deal with pvp can go to a pve server. Zenimax is obviously new to the mmo thing. I wouldnt call TESO an mmo, More like an Rpg with Co op mode. Actually Thats what I will now refer to TESO as.

This games stance on pvp is "go to the playgroud children if you want to play"
    This game is a Great starter Rpg with co op mode for someone trying to get into the genre, but if mmo pvp involving high skill and strategy and open world ganking is something youre into then There are Alot better games out there and alot to look forward to compared to Cyrodiil...

This game really has a rewarding and fun skill and combat system in regards to PVE. PVe wise and questing crafting this game is Great. PVP wise there are alot better game options for competition/ Hunting / Ganking / ETC
    Edited by sSolutionSs on April 26, 2014 9:23AM
  • Kelsaik
    Kelsaik
    ✭✭
    There is no PvE Endcontent atm why the *** do you even complain. Dont tell me VR dungeons are Endcontent because they dont. Also they announced Karglon like months ago. Everyone knew that they will add PvE Content before PvP. Imperial City is already implemented in Cyrodill but you cant go there yet. Thats probably the next content patch after the Adventurezone. As they already said.. they will add 1 Content Patch every 30-60 days pvp or pve.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So Currently if you make it to vet rank through all the quest bugs and crashes you can start running vet rank activities to level to vr10

To level at Vet rank you MUST RUN VET RANK DUNGEONS. 0 PVP incentives to level your vet rank toon!

Now to hear they are adding ANOTHER PVE Vet Rank MODE. Time trials? Seriously?? WTF? Have you not been listening to the PVP community at all??

There needs to be something For PVP players to do in regards to vet rank XP because im tired of this game forcing you to PVE. its like thats all there is to do.

Some updates on your concerns.

1)They are doubling the Vet xp from players so you can level vet quicker. (craglorn)

2)They are adding PvP Dungeons (in the works) (source:http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2014/05/01/the-road-ahead---may-1st?ref=home)
    Edited by Armitas on May 1, 2014 8:45PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭

y0, they doubling xp gains in pvp. \o/\o/\o/
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭

Really?? So, in the VR PvE quests, ppl are going up against other players that may be more powerful than them?? Or facing a gank at the quest givers. You take far more of a risk running missions in Cyrodiil than you do in the PvE areas.

^this
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭

maybe but tbh i doubt it. eso is too simple in pvp to attract most competitive pvpers. those will just stay in games like DAoC and Darkfall.
  • Zepheric
    Zepheric
    ✭✭✭
    lao wrote: »

maybe but tbh i doubt it. eso is too simple in pvp to attract most competitive pvpers. those will just stay in games like DAoC and Darkfall.

Did you see they are also adding 4 man arena?!

So here is the checklist

-Major XP upgrade for pvp kills/mission
    -Boost to low pop faction XP for pvp/mission
    -PVP Dungeon
    -Arenas
    -Entire country dedicated to only PVP

What else do you want?(constructive feedback question not a troll)
    Edited by Zepheric on May 1, 2014 5:47PM
    Sanguine's Tester
  • Azarul
    Azarul
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what the hurry to level up is if all you want to do is PvP. Unless your skills are not that good and you need the level difference to win I guess.