Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alright lets settle this right now -Female Elf

Hexxagone
Hexxagone
✭✭
Is the female elf from the trailers an Altmer or a Bosmer?

Im pretty sure she is a Bosmer since they would be easier to "bring to life" so to speak for a trailer, and her hair/skin looks Bosmeric.

I know the 3 are supposed to represent the leaders of the factions but I think the pretty female elf is the exception.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO's Bosmer have cat-like eyes.

It's possible they didn't reflect this for one reason or another. But based purely on that, I would say it's an Altmer.
    Edited by Sarenia on April 22, 2014 6:49PM
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think she's an Altmer. But since she's a class that doesn't exist in the game anywhere (badass lightning witch?) it really doesn't matter :P
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shimond wrote: »
    I think she's an Altmer. But since she's a class that doesn't exist in the game anywhere (badass lightning witch?) it really doesn't matter :P
    I don't recall every detail of the trailor, but "lightning witch" could translate to a Sorceress with the Stormcalling skill line.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • dagnome
    dagnome
    ✭✭✭
    Her height and apparent affinity for non-nature magic lend that she is inherently Altmer.
  • dpayne83_ESO
    dpayne83_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Her affinity to more arcane-appearing magic would scream Altmer. For me Bosmer faces are far more angular with the above mentioned cat-like eyes. That and they tend to wear more nature themed clothing. So i would say Altmer.
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe, but her lightning had different colors and apparently properties (like the ability to grab people and ragdoll toss them).
  • dagnome
    dagnome
    ✭✭✭
    Shimond wrote: »
    Maybe, but her lightning had different colors and apparently properties (like the ability to grab people and ragdoll toss them).

And magic that typically interacts with objects is in the arcane family, so again Altmer.
  • Reavan
    Reavan
    ✭✭✭
    Altmer.
    Just without the excrete coloured skin.
    Shes also quite tall.
  • Hexxagone
    Hexxagone
    ✭✭
    hmm maybe she is a mixed elf, half altmer and half bosmer
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That kind of power, no way she can be Bosmer.
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Supersomething
    Supersomething
    ✭✭✭
    This was a debate? I immediately assumed she was a Altmer from the very first trailer.
    Remember, you're unique... just like everyone else.
    Characters
    Tiberius Aulus
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can tell by the height. Altmer and Bosmer are at opposite extremes of the scale.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Hexxagone
    Hexxagone
    ✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    You can tell by the height. Altmer and Bosmer are at opposite extremes of the scale.

that is true

• Delte
    Delte
    ✭✭✭
    She is an Altmer if you look at her soldiers with her they are Bosmer and there is a huge difference.
  • dreildragb14_ESO
    She's a unnamed elf class that's coming out when the market hits. CHACHING! another $20 into the wind!

Nah but serious I dunno.
  • crusabella
    crusabella
    ✭✭
    Really she's a bad portrayal of eso elves period. What really gets me is that she has human eye's.
  • Hexxagone
    Hexxagone
    ✭✭
    I still think she is mixed, either half bosmer or half human
  • Willow
    Willow
    ✭✭✭
    She is Bosmer with probably a bit of human. Her hair is redder than the High Elves hair and her head piece is silver.

High Elves only have gold head pieces.
  • pysgod1978b14_ESO
    Or perhaps an Ayleid or Chimer that gets discovered.
  • Saihung423
    Saihung423
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say Altmer, does she have a "I'm better than you" attitude? If so, then definitely Altmer.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Previous idea of a mixed heritage could also be true.

There is mixing of species in Tamriel, they just aren't physically represented for reasons I imagine are practical. Creating "half-bloods" of every racial combination would add drastically to design overhead.
    Edited by Sarenia on April 24, 2014 7:20PM
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Moonscythe
    Moonscythe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always took her to be an Altmer Sorceress. She doesn't have the eyes or the ears of a Bosmer. The three appear to be of the same race as the leaders of their alliance though obviously she's not queen Ayrenn. I don't think she has a better than you attitude in the trailers but she sure has a take charge approach when she whips lightening around the anchor.
    Scura di Notte - Altmer Nightblade (gear)
    Lalin del Sombra - Bosmer Sorcerer (alchemy/enchanting)
    Angevin Sarkany - Bosmer Dragonknight
    Alkemene Velothi - Dunmer Warden (Morrowind)
    Sanna yos'Phalen - Altmer Sorcerer (provisioning)
    Cosima di Mattina -Altmer Sorcerer
    Naria Andrano - Dunmer Templar
    Luca della Serata - Redguard Templar
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crusabella wrote: »
    Really she's a bad portrayal of eso elves period. What really gets me is that she has human eye's.

Ogod no. For me it's those frelling corn-husk ears. I HATE them. WoW really screwed up with the overly large ears, and somehow....people ate it up.
    Much preferred the way elf ears were done in the LotR movies. Vulcan-like.

That said, -I- think she's the Green Lady. Bosmer.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • Willow
    Willow
    ✭✭✭
    crusabella wrote: »

Ogod no. For me it's those frelling corn-husk ears. I HATE them. WoW really screwed up with the overly large ears, and somehow....people ate it up.
    Much preferred the way elf ears were done in the LotR movies. Vulcan-like.

That said, -I- think she's the Green Lady. Bosmer.

I was thinking this yesterday . It kind of makes sense.

• LadyChaos
    LadyChaos
    ✭✭✭✭
    she's no covered in enough dirt or leftover animal horns/parts from last weeks dinner to be Bosmer...
    VR2 Ataxia - [NA] Veteran Dominion Sorcerer [Auriel's Bow]
    PvP, PvE, Crafting, and General Shenanigans
    >:) Sorcery and Mayhem online since 1999 >:)
    Current PvP Class/Supernatural Census
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LadyChaos wrote: »
    she's no covered in enough dirt or leftover animal horns/parts from last weeks dinner to be Bosmer...
    BBQ orc ribs - delicious AND an excellent source of body armor!
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really?

Mate , she clearly is an altmer sorc.

I really thought the golden skin alone would have given it away :P.
    Edited by Nox_Aeterna on April 24, 2014 8:54PM
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An elf:

elf.jpg
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • Willow
    Willow
    ✭✭✭
    Willow wrote: »
    She is Bosmer with probably a bit of human. Her hair is redder than the High Elves hair and her head piece is silver.

High Elves only have gold head pieces.
    Mannimarco has silver-white hair and a black head piece in the trailer. And I'm pretty sure he's an Altmer.

OT: My Septims are on Altmer Sorcerer.

Her ears are rotated forward with the ear tip flair. Very typical of a woodelf. :D