The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

2 thing that MUST be added in the near future

AreoHotah
AreoHotah
✭✭✭✭
Many have requested this and I'm pretty sure everybody wants it.

1.Dyes - simplest way to to add diversification and also a good gold sink solution. make them so you can only buy them from npc and once you do they become bound. simple

2.Barber - another simple gold sink solution. When my frind started playing at launch char creation was bugged couldn't see what he was doing. now he would like to change hair and beard style and color. me, i just became a vamp and my hair and beard looks ugly with this new pale skin.

anyone who wants this pls agree so that the devs see it. cheers
Edited by AreoHotah on April 22, 2014 2:20PM
Hota'h, Dual-wield/bow full medium armor NB Khajiit from day 1.

https://imageshack.com/i/p2rF313Qj/b]
  • rdfarley89
    rdfarley89
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. I hope to see this added. I would love to change my hair style occasionally. I mean we dont all walk around in the real world with the same hair all the time do we? lol.
  • Ketobbey
    Ketobbey
    ✭✭
    yeah thats a cool idea.
    Ketobbey On SoundCloud <-- click to hear the unique music I produce. And it's my own music. I don't sample or DJ I produce from scratch. The music you will hear is perfect for running around ESO. There is a playlist with 1 and a half hours worth of my music for you to listen to. Enjoy and thanks for all your support.
  • Stoob
    Stoob
    ✭✭
    Dye would be a great idea, But it should also not work with Heavy Armour, Only with Leathers and clothes etc.
    For heavy, they should add a separate way to colour the armour, like paints etc.
    An Eye For An Eye, Leaves The Whole World Blind.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dying will only be possible if the texture system was designed with this is mind, we don't know yet if it's possible.

A barber shop, who knows, probably isn't too hard.

I'd also add cosmetic gear as something I'd like to see about those two though.
  • Turial
    Turial
    ✭✭✭
    Many have requested this and I'm pretty sure everybody wants it.

1.Dyes - simplest way to to add diversification and also a good gold sink solution. make them so you can only buy them from npc and once you do they become bound. simple

2.Barber - another simple gold sink solution. When my frind started playing at launch char creation was bugged couldn't see what he was doing. now he would like to change hair and beard style and color. me, i just became a vamp and my hair and beard looks ugly with this new pale skin.

anyone who wants this pls agree so that the devs see it. cheers

1. Maybe you have not noticed but same armours of differing levels actually are coloured differently. If you want to be the one to choose the actual colours then that is different and personally I do not see it being implemented. I see what you mean with the 'bound on acquire' idea but this would not stimulate the in game economy which is the biggest draw around dyes, many players can make a lot of gold and dyes become relatively cheap depending on how often players can loot them.

2. Read the forums, everyone and their grandmother is asking for this so they are aware of it, my only wish is that they take into account the player base who had a bugged zoom for pre-order and offer all pre-order accounts one free transformation per account, not character. This would please a lot of people as they were actually impaired while making a character while players after pre-order were not. It also adds one more point to the joy of being a pre-order player.
    "Neither a 'Borrower nor a Lender' be."
    Never Forget

I think you have not been on the internet long enough until you have been rick-rolled.
    Please check out Enchanting Alchemy - A Progression Guild
  • S1D3FX
    S1D3FX
    ✭✭
    I'm all for anything that allows a player to be an individual.
    rdfarley89 wrote: »
    I mean we dont all walk around in the real world with the same hair all the time do we? lol.

^This.

Also, another idea I was thinking about... What if blacksmithing could craft armor for your horse? To make it look more like a battle steed. Just another gold sink, but has potential to make your horses look even more bad ass. the same dye mechanics could be used on the mount armor as well. Could it have some type of functionality? Maybe. Or it could be completely cosmetic.

horse-armor-2.jpghorse3.jpg
  • Altheina
    Altheina
    ✭✭✭
    Barber feature will get added in the near future I believe. In fact, this same question was asked and answered here

I've also created a thread to suggest armor dye and I believe it is also under consideration to say the least

My request of armor dye is here
    Altheina - Wood Elf Nightblade
    TESO Fun-fact 1: It takes to kill 119,050 mudcrabs to reach level 50
    TESO Fun-fact 2: There are 61 million items in the game
    TESO Fun-fact 3: There are 40,656,000 different weapon variations in the game
  • Caran
    Caran
    ✭✭✭
    Dye, barber ... and ... Housing (though I know that the other two are probably easier to implement).
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Must" be added? No.

"Would be nice" if they were added? Sure.
    ----
    Murray?
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The more I can costumize my character, the more I will become addicted to this game..... it's pretty simple, I loved dressing up dolls when I was a child, and now I like dressing up pixels <3
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    I certainly don't think there's a need for changing the physical appearance of your character (though I have no strong objections to it). However, I am in favour of more customisation of the look of armour in particular. I would be in favour of cosmetic looks along the lines LOTRO had. That way you can quickly switch between different sets to take account of the local environment without having to wear different gear.
  • AreoHotah
    AreoHotah
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Must" be added? No.

"Would be nice" if they were added? Sure.

nope, sorry. it's a MUST :p MORE IS BETTER. always

Edited by AreoHotah on April 22, 2014 4:03PM

• deathly809_ESO
    deathly809_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see why this is a must. Maybe something that would be nice but not really a must. I think a must would be more along the lines of more fixes.
  • Lox
    Lox
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to have, I agree, but they most certainly aren't 'must have' :smile:
  • Pristia
    Pristia
    ✭✭
    DAoC had dye for cloth/leather and enamel for plate, you were also able to dye your shields and cloaks, which we don't have, but I would like to see.
    Edited by Pristia on April 22, 2014 5:16PM
    You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.

Albert Einstein
  • Foxhunt
    Foxhunt
    ✭✭✭
    Dyes, to me, are meh so I wouldn't care if they are added or not (if they are, I'll probably end up trying it out). As for a barber shop, yes, I want to be able to customize my characters hair and beard again. --more hairstyles would be nice too.
  • scruffycavetroll
    scruffycavetroll
    ✭✭✭
    nope

global AH

better grouping

this is an MMO, people need to be interacting.
  • KanedaSyndrome
    KanedaSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are definitely more pressing matters than dyes and barber shops.
    KanedaSyndrome's Suggestions For Game Improvements
    The Fortuitous Collapse of the Wave Equation
    The Best Plans Require No Action
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are definitely more pressing matters than dyes and barber shops.

QFT.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that dyes and a barber are awesome ideas.
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• XaricAduna
    XaricAduna
    Soul Shriven
    I would love to see some of the hair styles from Apachii's mod for skyrim added to this game. Surely they can speak with the author and get the meshes. Then simply add it to the ingame barber when that is released. Even make the new hair styles 'Cash Shop Exclusive' if needed. Those who actually want to pay would be willing to. I would for one.
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree it'd be nice for both the things listed by the OP.. however disagree that it's a "must have soon". I would rather them refine grouping with phasing, fix remaining bugged quests/world bosses/dungeons, and improve the guild store UI (as far as a quality of life deal goes) first.

So nice definitely, but not in my list of "must have soon" stuff.
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • torgrim123
    A wardrobe so I can mix match different armour pieces and some civilan clothes very much like how LOTRO has done it, then we can truly look different.
    Cloaks would also be nice to see.
  • Elirienne
    Elirienne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Support this.
  • dwaightb16_ESO
    i disagree on dyes.
  • knaveofengland
    knaveofengland
    ✭✭✭
    in time we will have more mounts and costumes perhaps dyes all mmos have to go down this road
  • hamon
    hamon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think they should make craftable dyes and let alchemists make them . its usually a wee thing that adds to that profession
  • TheKillaVanilla
    I could not agree more with the OP
  • AreoHotah
    AreoHotah
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, there are more important things to fix atm that's why i said " in the near future" and not in the next patch. + its not like they need to hire a new dev team for this. just put one or to guys on a pentium 2 and tell them to do some dyes :p

• Laerian
    Laerian
    ✭✭✭
    Barber, yes but not as another insane goldsink.

Yes, but respecting the current color palette.