The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Will you stay subbed after your free play time will run out?

• roflcopter
    roflcopter
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I will stay subbed.
    Will keep my sub, having a blast with my friends and is a good time killer.
    Xbox One | NA | AD
    GM - OK LOL
    Warden Stuff
    Ex - Trials Core 1 Runner - Left and couldn't be happier
  • Lanatireb17_ESO
    Lanatireb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    No, I will quit my sub before I will get charged cash the first time.
    Im pretty sure this poll is not really representative for anything, because i do know a lot of players who actually already did stop playing. We started our guild with 25 people, and three are left.
  • Cepeza
    Cepeza
    ✭✭✭
    The more votes the more representative it gets. Can we get some more? :)
  • RustyBlades
    RustyBlades
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I will stay subbed.
    I've played more than a few MMO's and this is the first one that feels like "home". I'll like it more once player housing arrives, and I get around to finding a trade guild.
  • Tarwin
    Tarwin
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I will stay subbed.
    Subbing, see no reason not to as nothing else fills the spot as of yet
  • Saerydoth
    Saerydoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I will stay subbed.
    Yes, planning on staying. That said, I haven't gone above level 8 yet, because I'm waiting for my girlfriend to be able to start. She lives in a place where it is impossible to download, and takes several weeks to get a boxed copy (or mail of any kind). Hopefully that will happen this week.
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will stay for at least another month.
    More than that highly depends on the EU server move; I am pretty sure if the EU server is still not in Europe by the end of May I wont continue subscribing.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I will stay subbed.
    Despite the bugs, spammers, bots, terrible guild store, occasionally terribly-balanced PVE (both in the too easy AND in the too hard directions), and the ludicrous inventory/banking system, I seriously find it hard to spend any of my time doing anything but play this game.

Hell, the only reason the problems with this game bother me is that I love it so much. The inventory system only frustrates me because crafting is so enjoyable. Balance only bugs me because not being challenged and getting completely obliterated are about the same level of not-fun, but progressing through these stories and beating dangerous and powerful enemies is a blast. Bots only bug me because I actually want to fight that boss.

What wonderful stories to be a part of! I can't wait to neglect my Real Life some more by getting back into game when I get home!
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Branbran
    Branbran
    ✭✭
    Not sure yet.
    I'm on the fence. I like the game but it has too many problems at the moment to make it really fun. For example, I just got my first "crash-rollback" today. Got booted to character select and when I got back in I lost a bit of progress. About 5-10 minutes worth so no big deal but that really shouldn't be happening. Plus all the buggy quests; there's just too many here happening which can sometimes be fixed by relogging that hints at some critical underlying problem with the program/hardware as a whole.
    I feel like I should put the game on hold until all the problems have been ironed out. But I don't usually come back to an MMO once I leave it behind. Especially when my reason for leaving was because of all the problems. The last time I did this it didn't pan out. The devs never fixed that game until it was eventually shut down.
    Winter-Time
    by Robert Louis Stevenson
    Late lies the wintry sun a-bed,
    A frosty, fiery sleepy-head;
    Blinks but an hour or two; and then,
    A blood-red orange, sets again.

Before the stars have left the skies,
    At morning in the dark I rise;
    And shivering in my nakedness,
    By the cold candle, bathe and dress.

Close by the jolly fire I sit
    To warm my frozen bones a bit;
    Or with a reindeer-sled, explore
    The colder countries round the door.

When to go out, my nurse doth wrap
    Me in my comforter and cap;
    The cold wind burns my face, and blows
    Its frosty pepper up my nose.

Black are my steps on silver sod;
    Thick blows my frosty breath abroad;
    And tree and house, and hill and lake,
    Are frosted like a wedding cake.
  • Cepeza
    Cepeza
    ✭✭✭
    With PTS patch notes 1.1.0 it's time for a bump here. :wink:
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, I will stay subbed.
    I'll continue to keep playing when I start paying for the sub. Yes the game has several glitches but the devs are working hard to fix them. In time the game will get better.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Covarnis
    Covarnis
    ✭✭
    Yes, I will stay subbed.
    I'll definitely stay, as IMHO it's the most refreshing MMO experience on the market currently, even with all the bugs and problems, which to my understanding aren't major problems.
  • papagoose
    papagoose
    Soul Shriven
    I'm pretty sure I will be back at some point in the future but the game needs a bit more time in the oven. Don't regret my initial purchase and am looking forward to playing the game with many of the bugs/problems ironed out.
  • joanjett
    joanjett
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I will stay subbed.
    For now till my sub{ i took 3 months} is done. Then we shall see.
    The only thing i hate about this game is the crashing in big groups.
    This is just not acceptable and if not fix before my 3 month sub ends

i'm done. Yes i know your saying ah that will be fixed soon well
    been hearing a lot of things will be fixed soon.....still waiting but
    its an mmo and these thing take time so they got 3 more months.

Don't get me wrong its a great game and i've seen worst launches.
    Love everything about this game{the space thing not so much lol}
    They just need to get the bugs fixed and i'll be here a long time! :D

When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."
  • someuser
    someuser
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I will stay subbed.
    I plan on taking it month by month for at least the first 3 months to see where I am and where the game is at that time.

If I'm still having a good time and if the game seems like it is consistently moving in a direction consistent with promises made by Zen (steady, additional content) then I'll probably buy in blocks of 6-months or whatever their best deal is.

Otherwise, I'll probably un-sub for 6 months or so, come back and see if the game has improved, and go from there.
    To make ESO look and feel like a PC MMO check out the following:

PhinixUI addon-powered interface for ESO
  • Kroin
    Kroin
    ✭✭
    Yes, I will stay subbed.
    The mayority is more than happy with the game im happy to see that.
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cepeza wrote: »
    Please explain why.

(Forums did not allow me to post that poll where it would make sense, so I am posting it just somewhere else.)

My wife and I discovered that in order to follow the main quest, we were forced into solo-only instances.

We will unsubscribe until that is fixed. Allow the players the option on whether or not to solo instances. As full of bugs as SWTOR was, that's one piece they got right.
    Edited by GreySix on April 30, 2014 1:07PM
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • Hexo
    Hexo
    Was planning on staying subbed, 'cause in many ways it's a great game and I'm fine with a subscription based model.
    But the way quests work with not being instanced either solo or as a group... No way, that system is broken. Examples:
    • "A criminal has barricaded himself in a house, you must enter and talk him down", but when I enter there are other players standing beside him, some of them dancing and whatnot, I thought he was alone? Breaks immersion :(
    • "An evil mage is doing dark rituals in an old forgotten tomb, he is behind a magical wall which you must breach in order to stop him", but deep down in the dungeon behind the magical wall he's already dead, and there are other players running around, and some of them, like me and my friends, are waiting for him to respawn so they can also stop him, or his 117th clone...
    Fix it, fix it, fix it. If you're in doubt of how it should be, look to SWTOR - that quest instance system works a lot better - and no the 1.06 patch have not solved the problem, I'm not complaining about bots here, I'm complaining about public quests ruining the experience of the quest itself, it's a real shame.
    Edited by Hexo on April 30, 2014 9:55PM
  • gcalex5
    gcalex5
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I will stay subbed.
    It reignited my love for MMO's after many disappointments and have yet to grow tired of it since I started playing in the super secret PTS...I see this being the game for me as long as my guild is here and there aren't any worthy contenders
  • saucygit
    saucygit
    Im done with it after the 'free' time. This isn't Beta anymore. Unexcusable...and don't worry I wont let the door hit me in the ass.
  • ripchicken_b
    ripchicken_b
    Soul Shriven
    Yes, I will stay subbed.
    Love this game. Love it. A few bugs here and there but for the size of this game I say cheers and well done. This is my MMORPG for the foreseeable future.
  • Sinhalis
    Sinhalis
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure yet.
    Voted "not sure". I do enjoy the game a good deal, but with the limited spare time I have these days it will be difficult to keep up. (been playing since the 3 day early access and still level 32)
    Edited by Sinhalis on May 4, 2014 1:39PM
  • mikeyy13b16_ESO
    I don't know how to explain it......i WANT to love it...but it's pretty boring. The pve content is glitchy at times and has ZERO immersion when you see 10 or so other people racing around doing the same thing, and the laughable solo dungeons (which turn out to be not solo at all, with people zoning in and out constantly, making them feel like ***-poor public dungeons) where atm i have seen every end boss being camped and farmed by 15 or so bots. I'm VR4 atm too which is really sad that this still happens.

On a related note Coldharbour was *** terrible - devoid of any challenge and there seemed to be very little of Molag Bals army anywhere (where was the masssive army like in the game trailers???). Just kill a few generals, kill 10 or so scrub grunts on the way to said general, rinse repeat. And the NPCs ingame seem to be blind and/or *** - very few, if any at all help kill monsters that come near them unless they are quest npc helpers.

Pvp is fun...but its very circumstancial...i dont know how to explain it.

For a game that boasts its an Elder Scrolls game and guts major parts of it out and have other systems in the game that seem stupid (like the non-solo SOLO DUNGEONS and the lack of stealing and stealthy elements that only include 'follow this guy from a distance' crap - which u do not need to sneak AT ALL). I might come back a few months down the track when they 'hopefully' iron out the kinks and lube some new wheels. I will play until my sub runs out then goodbye.
    YOU OBVIOUSLY HATE, this game.

• GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wife and I are in the middle of a move, which is one of the reasons we were unsubscribing. Relocating is a significantly time-intensive event, and it will eat into a large amount of our free time.

But we remain geographically separated for at least two to three more weeks, and while we really dislike the fact we cannot group in key instances, there are aspects of the game we enjoy.

So we've decided to hang on to the subscriptions on a month-by-month basis, in the hope they'll fix obvious shortfalls.

Meanwhile, I'll continue to debate those who oppose the choice on whether or not to group - those who offer no logical reason on why those who want to group should not be able to do so, if it in no way impacts those who do want to continue soloing such instances.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • euphorb
    euphorb
    Soul Shriven
    Not sure yet.
    I haven't decided. If ZOS fixes nightblades and their buggy quests/NPCs, I will probably continue. If they go "NOPE, WORKING AS INTENDED LOL #WONTFIX," then I will depart.
  • Zionysus
    Zionysus
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure yet.
    I reduced my 3 month sub to 1 month. It's a little boring. No real good loot. 1 gold, 1 gold, 1 gold, oh look 2 gold.

I miss sneaking (that actually means something). I'll sneak around a dungeon avoiding enemies and someone comes running by me and it just ruins immersion. haha

Everything is super expensive (crafting, horses, armor) and crafting using up the mats so quickly.

My biggest peeve: The quests are too numerous and too fast. There's no time to develop a relationship or get enough of a back story. No memorable npcs. As soon as you get into a story line, or get familiar with an npc, it's over. I'm still in the low levels as I'm taking my time and trying alts out so maybe this will change. Like I said, I'll give Zos $15 and see how it goes.
    Edited by Zionysus on May 4, 2014 5:36PM
  • tryia3b14a_ESO
    tryia3b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Most people I know who stopped playing aren't going to come to the forums.

I'm one of the "I really want to like this game, but some things need to be fixed or addressed" crowd.

I hope they add some fun loot or at least some reason to keep leveling my character.
  • KylarZ
    KylarZ
    Reason: No EU server.
    VR7 Dragonknight
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just don't know.

My account still remains actively canceled. My old school ways refuse to implement any recurring charges. I am still a pen and paper dinosaur that cannot intrust too much automation. I need that hands-on security. Thus, until my local retailer or some other source aside from Amazon carries game cards then I will be on the outside looking in.

As far as the game itself... I may be persuaded to initiate a package deal over several months at a time but only if they bring back the originally pitched aspect of a survey to instance like minded players.
    Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• Elember
    Elember
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I will stay subbed.
    The biggest problem I have with the game is the fact that it forces solo gameplay. This needs to be addressed ASAP! It is ridiculous for Zenimax to say they are a developer who develops MMO's and then they make the majority of the quests in the first MMO they make forced solo play.

Honestly it makes them look lazy that they can not allow a player who has already completed a quest to then go back and help a friend or any other player to complete that same quest. Also the entire main storyline questline is forced solo gameplay, ridiculous.

Does Zenimax realize many people like to play with their friends? Some of us play as a husband and wife team and this game makes us go our separate ways.

I realize that in the latest post from the Boss, Matt Firor, that he says they are working on allowing players to be able to see each other if they are in different phases, however will they be able to help each other because many phases change if one player has completed it and the other has not.

Also in some quests you are required to pick up items to complete the quest so in a quest like that if one group member picks up an item then ALL group members should get their item count increased and not force us to stand around while items respawn so that everyone in the group gets one.

It is plain and simple lazy gameplay design and if Zenimax does not know how to design an MMO then they should just stick to what they do appear to know, single player game design.

I will stay subbed but these issues more then anything else will eventually cause me to unsub, no doubt about