The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Will you stay subbed after your free play time will run out?

Cepeza
Cepeza
✭✭✭
Please explain why.

(Forums did not allow me to post that poll where it would make sense, so I am posting it just somewhere else.)
Edited by Cepeza on April 22, 2014 12:31PM

Will you stay subbed after your free play time will run out? 538 votes

Yes, I will stay subbed.
59%
ZOS_EdLynchUdyrfrykteTerminuslimeli8LadyletalAthikaImryllStrythEstwingHexosdriosketchMaddjujuKillgarBwaite43A247mlstevens42_ESOLauraKidKablamicengr_ESOMorHawk 318 votes
No, I will quit my sub before I will get charged cash the first time.
20%
laurajfPangvizionblind_ESOPavewayLuxucsSeñorCincoalex.brezinski_ESOGeeYouWhyrubalcaba93b14a_ESOtryia3b14a_ESOAisardreildragb14_ESObearcalypseAlyss13rager82b14_ESOsiksixstringb14_ESOtaze222b14_ESOxramirez535b14_ESOCepezaneocomab16_ESO 109 votes
Not sure yet.
20%
GenevSupersomethingCardeSka_Zirulfinchch_ESOdpogor_ESOmuze_ESOdefjam4122_ESOMostiSakirijjshtxb14a_ESOadri_sumb14_ESOJoviexDarastixdaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOKangase.gamemarkb14_ESOXundiinTiitusOutlawOverlord 111 votes
  • Cepeza
    Cepeza
    ✭✭✭
    Because I do not want to pay for something that should be, but is no fun to me (yet). Imho, there's just too much stuff ZOS/Beth need to work on until ESO actually will get fun to play.
  • Dolenz
    Dolenz
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I will stay subbed.
    I will stay subbed for as long as the game is fun for me and the game is still fun for now and I have had minimal issues.

I also believe that the game will only get better and that they are working hard to try and resolve issues, regardless of what the angry fans here on the forum seem to believe.
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I will stay subbed.
    *whispers* For the Queen
  • Mie87
    Mie87
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I will stay subbed.
    I will, I might stop for a while in the future and resub when there are updates/expansions, but if they are regular I will probably keep a permanent sub.
  • Cepeza
    Cepeza
    ✭✭✭
    Don't get me wrong, I love that game. And it will get better and better, no doubt. But until it is actually worth the sub (after I payed quite a bunch for IE) it will obviously still take some time. I do not care about the money itself, it's all about morale and priciple.
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I will stay subbed.
    The game is quite a mess in terms of bugs... and still a lot of fun.
    It can only get better i would be a fool to unsub.
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I will stay subbed.
    Cepeza wrote: »
    it's all about morale and priciple.

I see what you mean but... its more about fun.

Id take a broken but fun game like ESO over a highly polished but boring game like FFXIV anyday.

• Eris
    Eris
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I will stay subbed.
    Yes. While I have some problems with the UI and the guild store interface, the game itself has been fun.

I've not really had any problems with bugs, one or two, but they were easily circumnavigated. I've been having fun running around doing quests, exploring, finding crafting materials and crafting. As a result of doing all of those activities, I often find myself just a little over the quest levels that I'm at, but that's okay.

I don't see paying $15 for a month of enjoyment as that big a deal. When you compare other costs... how much is a single trip to McDonalds, a Movie (not even including snacks), Starbucks, Filling your gas tank, etc., it really isn't that much.

Side effects of reading messages on forums can cause nausea, head aches, spontaneous fits of rage, urination due to intense laughter, and sometimes the death of your monitor or other object in throwing range. If you find that you are reading forums more than 24 hours a day, please consult your nearest temporal physicist.
  • MomoDeviluke
    I don't know how to explain it......i WANT to love it...but it's pretty boring. The pve content is glitchy at times and has ZERO immersion when you see 10 or so other people racing around doing the same thing, and the laughable solo dungeons (which turn out to be not solo at all, with people zoning in and out constantly, making them feel like ***-poor public dungeons) where atm i have seen every end boss being camped and farmed by 15 or so bots. I'm VR4 atm too which is really sad that this still happens.

On a related note Coldharbour was *** terrible - devoid of any challenge and there seemed to be very little of Molag Bals army anywhere (where was the masssive army like in the game trailers???). Just kill a few generals, kill 10 or so scrub grunts on the way to said general, rinse repeat. And the NPCs ingame seem to be blind and/or *** - very few, if any at all help kill monsters that come near them unless they are quest npc helpers.

Pvp is fun...but its very circumstancial...i dont know how to explain it.

For a game that boasts its an Elder Scrolls game and guts major parts of it out and have other systems in the game that seem stupid (like the non-solo SOLO DUNGEONS and the lack of stealing and stealthy elements that only include 'follow this guy from a distance' crap - which u do not need to sneak AT ALL). I might come back a few months down the track when they 'hopefully' iron out the kinks and lube some new wheels. I will play until my sub runs out then goodbye.
  • Kroin
    Kroin
    ✭✭
    Yes, I will stay subbed.
    Yes i will pay, the game is really great and i love it, its the first MMO in so many years that i like.
  • rdfarley89
    rdfarley89
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I will stay subbed.
    If you are not going to sub after 30 day, don't. Not hurting the rest of us any, and none of us care that you aren't going to keep playing. Honestly you are just ruining the forum experience for those of us who are happy with the game (even though these forums are pretty lackluster, but still).
    Edited by rdfarley89 on April 22, 2014 1:06PM
  • GreatPlayer
    GreatPlayer
    ✭✭✭
    I will quite because there is really no endgame. Where is the reward for doing hard veteran dungeons? Where is the reward for being getting to level10? why cant I do a quest over again just for the fun of it?

I am sorry but this game is unfriendly towards casual gamers!
  • Ibura
    Ibura
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I will stay subbed.
    Yes! It's the first mmo I love in a long time again!
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I will stay subbed.
    I will quite because there is really no endgame. Where is the reward for doing hard veteran dungeons? Where is the reward for being getting to level10? why cant I do a quest over again just for the fun of it?

Hmmmmmmm... :|
    Casual gamers will take months if not years to clear all the content up to V10.
    PvPers have Cyrodiil.
    Hardcore PvErs are the only one entitled to ask for something, and i think its coming soon.

Edited by Gisgo on April 22, 2014 1:10PM
  • rdfarley89
    rdfarley89
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I will stay subbed.

The "reward" is the storyline leading up to that point. Also there is much content that has not been released yet. Though I am not trying to dissuade you from continuing to play, honestly with that attitude I would rather not have you as someone else I play with in this game. Elder Scrolls is a lore heavy series, and there is a lot to be added to this game as well. It will be very rewarding for those of us who wish to experience the 2nd era interregnum period and explore parts of Tamriel that were only featured in the randomly generated world of Arena. I also look forward to exploring areas I have been to in previous games such as Vvardenfel to see how they changed between the 2nd era and the 3rd/4th era. But please do unsubscribe and go play the next big grind to max level then raid for gear MMO because it isn't this game.
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I will stay subbed.
    Yes, I'm staying even with some of the problems I've had I'm still having fun.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • Ulvich
    Ulvich
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I will stay subbed.
    I know so far it's been a rough ride for all of us, including the staff at ZOS. But we have to keep in mind that we bought into this game with good faith, and they are doing their best to keep our faith up. The devs and support teams are just like us.... humans. Right now they have so much going on we can't even imagine. And the best we can do is cheer them on. Feed them reports on bots, gold spammers, bugs and so on. Without our feedback they will have nothing to fix. So just hang in there and work with what we have. Things will get better.
    Hit Hard. Hit Fast. Hit Often - BETA Group: 85 b 9
  • Dreyfron
    Dreyfron
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I will stay subbed.
    loving every minute of it! First MMO in such a long time that has kept me coming back for more!!
  • Chomppa
    Chomppa
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I will stay subbed.
    Yup will stay subbed , I'm still having fun . There are content which I haven't seen yet or experienced so I still have a long ways to go before unsubbing .
    :):D:(;):\:o:s:p:'(:|B):#o:)<3 (*) >:)
  • Soliss
    Soliss
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having fun and still enjoying the game at the moment. However, my frustration level in things that are broken and my confidence that these things will be fixed appropriately is weakening.

When it gets to be too frustrating, I'll quit and move on to another game.

I've been really surprised by how linear the game is. I expected a lot more freedom of choice in terms of how you'd like to advance your character. But I really find almost none here. You're funneled through the same zones, quests and choke points (and when many of them weren't working, it created numerous problems).
  • Soul1172
    Soul1172
    ✭✭
    Not sure yet.
    i`m still waiting on developers to fix fishing :( i just love it - so peacefull...

- from beta and till this moment i love the game. hoping my friends will have more time to play - otherwise its sometimes boring to walk alone :), so 99% that i will stay subbed.
  • Cepeza
    Cepeza
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for your honest feedback, people! This poll probabaly is not as much a valid representative as what the overall mood regarding staying subbed is, but I did appreciate your reply on what you like/dislike so far and how it influenced your decision to stay subbed or not.

Keep 'em coming.
  • xramirez535b14_ESO
    I had fun playing solo to a point (anticlimatic quests and bugs really didnt help), but as soon as I got my friend to join and we tried grouping... I haven't been having fun at all. I just can't imagine what was going through the dev's heads when they designed the PvE and group play. Phasing was a terrible idea.
  • Veakoth
    Veakoth
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I will stay subbed.
    Because i have to sub to see Craglorn and if it's enough of a challenge. Atm though the game just feels like a Grand bazaar, merchants and traders from lands all over
  • bearcalypse
    bearcalypse
    ✭✭
    Probably won't stick around. The game is too primitive. Bad UI reminiscent of over a decade ago, the animations are clunky like Secret World and the game is about as buggy as Vanguard at release - worse in some ways in terms of non-responsive NPCs. It's a pity because I love the quest design of this game - just not its bugs. There's no sense of community without guild tags - I can't tell the guildmaster of the person who ninja'ed a resource node while I was fighting the mob next to it for example. Obviously the lack of foresight in development - lack of mob scaling in public dungeons, developers being completely surprised at the gold spammers (as if no other game before had to deal with it) with no tools to easily deal with them, spamming my mailbox pointlessly each time I report them. Each time I find something I like about the game, they have implemented something else to make that annoying. This game looks and feels like Rift with less development, content and support and more bugs..
  • Cepeza
    Cepeza
    ✭✭✭
    Let me give you a short summary on what made me decide not to stay subbed further.. at least for the next month or two.

- Currently phasing mechanics (except in some instanced dungeons; but specificly while questing) break the very essence of what every MMO is designed for, namely that each group member can contribute to a common achievemt of that group.
    - Customer support is a joke
    - Glitches and exploits everywhere you look
    - Sadly PvP is a zerg fest most of the time
    - Crafting is not fair (not-played-lvl3-alts with 3 hirelings, missing oats and tomatoes, enchating... ow man where do I start to whine about that one?)
    - Too many skills that just do not work as described in tool tip, or do not work at all
    - Some skills will trap you in no-action-possible-mode, so you need to hit ESC
    - Some skill combos will put you in slow motion mode until you dodge
    - CE treasures... well... can't remember a single item I did not salvage for crafting immediately after picking it up

That list goes on and on, but I will spare you all the countless little things. There are also a lot of things I like, but those I do not, are really killing my fun in ESO.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I will stay subbed.
    They have earned at least an extended look at the game, so I have no intention of canceling my subscription before May.

ESO is not without faults, some intentional and some that aren't. I disagree with them strongly on just about everything that has the word "guild" associated with it. I disagree with the single character concept, where it really is about @you. One character, up to 8 vestiges, was not what I was expecting.

They have their fair share of bugs, but nothing that is really game breaking that I have come across (YMMV). I have been able to avoid or work around everything that breaks where it matters. I am concerned about the Zenimax family tradition of walking away from bugs. It is yet to be seen how ZOS will operate, but BGS always gets to the point where they walk away. I am guessing that ZOS will leave a ton of bugs in the game, but it will take time to know which ones and whether they really matter.

If Zenimax is going to run into trouble with me before my subscription expires, it will be over Customer Service. Poor customer service has made more economic and purchasing decisions for me than any other single customer experience factor. They used up their get-out-of-jail card during the beta.

Another area where I expect to run into trouble is long term sustainability of play. Part of my long term play in any game is that I get to the point where I create a new experience by building a new character and running through the game again. In ESO, every new vestige is the same character, @me.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • UnderKingRhun
    UnderKingRhun
    ✭✭
    Yes, I will stay subbed.
    staying subbed, looking forward to the free month cull that is coming. Devs just have to realise there's no pleasing everyone. They have a fantastic game on their hands, just needs a lil polish and balance, which will come in time given the chance.

My only real complaint, is this uneasy feeling we are getting the short end of the stick here, as thus far, it seems poorly optimised for pc. I have a nagging suspicion we are playing second fiddle to the console versions to be released.

With recent sales by certain developers titles exclusively for console, and many more in the works. it worries me that this is becoming a trend, and only further propagates the whole "console vs pc" war.

This is merely an observation, and i hope that this is not the case , although i doubt it. I will be getting a console version of the game as well, since many of my friends have consoles. Either way, on either platform, and as long as the game continues to improve with age, i shall stay subbed.

THE SLEEPER AWAKES!
  • Lanatireb17_ESO
    Lanatireb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    No, i wont. Mainly cause of the fact that my class is broken beyond recognition, the rather onesided removing of threads and posts on the forums by the mods, and simply the fact that i dont like elitist minmaxer munchkins, and there is plenty of those around.
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I will stay subbed.
    Albeit being far from any representative sample, there's a surprisingly positive trend, considering it's forum-goers voting here, who usually are more aware of flaws and negatives. But it seems, just as I do, that the majority still finds enjoyment in the game, despite all the problems.

Nonetheless, to keep or even increase subs, they've got to put some serious work into the game, succesfully battle exploiters and botters and really must improve their customer service, otherwise they'll be bleeding subs faster and faster.
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"