The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Error 108

theonez
theonez
What is error 108?
I can't get into the game after the recent patch with the error 108.
What is the error and how to solve it?
  • JimBoSS_Au
    JimBoSS_Au
    ✭✭
    Im currently bouncing between error 108, error 200 and also getting in then being booted with unknown error.
  • theonez
    theonez
    Same here, and once I manage to get to get to the screen where I can choose my char, then I get booted out again.
  • DharmaXII
    DharmaXII
    ✭✭
    JimBoSS_Au wrote: »
    Im currently bouncing between error 108, error 200 and also getting in then being booted with unknown error.

Me as well. So far I've only managed to be ingame for 1 minutes..then the game kicked me out with unknown error. Now I'm being faced with error 200s and 108s... and the game won't let me in.. Only happened today.

Edited by DharmaXII on April 22, 2014 2:33AM
  • ccwbrwb17_ESO
    I am in the same boat for the last 30 minutes this is ridiculous. Was getting severe lag (1-2 seconds) then logged off to restart PC and now this!

Error 108.

I rebooted modem. Error 303. Now error 201..then 108 again wtf.

I was very patient up until this point..I guess it has something to do with a ridiculous response to my bank slot missing issue where I was told nothing will be reimbursed in regards to items lost.
  • ccwbrwb17_ESO
    Just out of curiousity, are you all Aussie? I am...could be related to Oceanic?
  • ccwbrwb17_ESO
    DharmaXII wrote: »
    JimBoSS_Au wrote: »

Me as well. So far I've only managed to be ingame for 1 minutes..then the game kicked me out with unknown error. Now I'm being faced with error 200s and 108s... and the game won't let me in.. Only happened today.

Yep, same thing. 1 minute then booted out.
  • JimBoSS_Au
    JimBoSS_Au
    ✭✭
    I am from Australia. not sure if its related. not much mention of it on Twitter so it could be.
  • mrhun87
    mrhun87
    we just wasted over 100$ for this *** bugs, lag and other ***
  • JimBoSS_Au
    JimBoSS_Au
    ✭✭
    mrhun87 wrote: »
    we just wasted over 100$ for this *** bugs, lag and other ***

To be fair this is the only issue i have had since release (minor ingame annoyances aside)

• ccwbrwb17_ESO
    So they rip our night gaming session with downtime last night to fix the very issue us Aussies have to deal with right now.
  • DharmaXII
    DharmaXII
    ✭✭
    I'm not from Australia, but I am from SEA (South East Asia), Singapore specifically. And I've never had this kind of problem before, even on early access.
  • felixgamingx1
    felixgamingx1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh no! It's error 108 you can't log in for 10 min!
  • DharmaXII
    DharmaXII
    ✭✭
    Not only error 108, error 200, and now sometimes error 201 as well.

• rwood0604_ESO
    rwood0604_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have only be able to log into the world past character selection for 30mins in total for the past 48 hours so yeah....
  • mrhun87
    mrhun87
    yeh, it seem Aussies dealing with it right now.
  • coppingmikeprerb18_ESO
    I'm having the same issues with error 200 and an "unknown error" booting me as soon as I do get in.
  • eric.labtekrwb17_ESO
    eric.labtekrwb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Aussie here with the same issue. I'm also getting error 200 & 201.

Occasionally I can get in but the lag is so bad I can't do anything and then I get kicked back out of the game with another error code.

It started with gradual increasing lag before the disconnect.
  • rwood0604_ESO
    rwood0604_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Also I have never had this problem before and I live in NA been playing since beta
  • rwood0604_ESO
    rwood0604_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It seems more so randomized out to people and not a set location in terms of where you live
  • ccwbrwb17_ESO

Read the thread and get your facts right before you choose to be a smartarse.

Going on 40 mins now and it is going through a range of error codes.
  • DharmaXII
    DharmaXII
    ✭✭
    Managed to get in.. Hopefully it stays logged in this time..
  • Sidney
    Sidney
    ✭✭✭✭
    You may want to consider posting in the PC Technical Support forums instead: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/categories/EN-pc-support

Are you sure it's 108 though? There is no 108 listed here (Error Code List), but if that's what you really are getting I definitely recommend visiting the tech support forums listed above.
    >.<_____/
    If you want me to read a post aimed at me, please put @Sidney.
    Please give us tail armor and dyeable tail ribbons.
    Click Here -->Support Dyeable Tail Ribbons<---
    All your mats r belong to Khajiit.
    Click Here -->Support Tail Armor<---
  • bissomike93
    bissomike93
    Soul Shriven
    From Singapore having same issue... is it only AsiaPac+Aussie ??
  • DharmaXII
    DharmaXII
    ✭✭
    Nope, kicked out by unknown error again. Yes it's Error 108. Its not even listed there.
  • rwood0604_ESO
    rwood0604_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    From Singapore having same issue... is it only AsiaPac+Aussie ??

no as I said earlier i live in NA with the same issue mine seems to be a lot worse though i haven't logged in for 48 hours straight other than 30mins before the server went down for maintenance
  • ccwbrwb17_ESO
    Sidney wrote: »
    You may want to consider posting in the PC Technical Support forums instead: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/categories/EN-pc-support

Are you sure it's 108 though? There is no 108 listed here (Error Code List), but if that's what you really are getting I definitely recommend visiting the tech support forums listed above.

It starts as 108, but once you get in then get booted you will receive a range of error codes after.

108 was an error code usually received in Beta. In researching it leads me to understand it is when too many people are trying to login at the same time.
  • rwood0604_ESO
    rwood0604_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, kicked out by unknown error again. Yes it's Error 108. Its not even listed there.

Atleast yall get Error codes it doesn't give me anything besides the message An Error occured please try logging in later
  • ccwbrwb17_ESO
    lol just got error 315. I hope I get a Daedric Motif next this is like lotto! I found a game within a game but not in the game but trying to get in the game!
  • DharmaXII
    DharmaXII
    ✭✭

Atleast yall get Error codes it doesn't give me anything besides the message An Error occured please try logging in later

I had that, but I restarted the client, then it gave me this now. And for the 2 or so minutes I managed to get in ingame, it was so laggy, I couldn't even talk to NPCs. I knew I was going to get kicked sooner or later.

• JimBoSS_Au
    JimBoSS_Au
    ✭✭
    Definitely 108 (among others), its lucky dip at the moment. all related to login so I'm guessing the login servers are cactus ?

ihd9zpkttwqw.jpg
This discussion has been closed.