Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Why does this feel so much like yet another version of WoW

• OutcastVP
    OutcastVP
    ✭✭✭
    Be prepared to be called troll from a lot of kids here who say "this is the way mmo:s are supposed to be, there is no other way" etc etc

I agree 100% with the thread starter. There is no point to these games to even be mmo:sm the whole genre have gone in the wrong direction. When I played Ultima Online it actually feelt like you where in a living world where interacting with other people had consequences. Now it just an artificial static grind fest.
  • Rhylanna
    Rhylanna
    ✭✭
    @Perrie67 I have to agree with everyone who suggested joining a guild. It can be hard to sift through zone chat to find interesting conversations (though it can be done, especially at odd hours when there aren't many players on!). And, unfortunately, I think a lot of people don't notice /say because they are busy fighting and by the time they finish and try to answer, the original "sayer" has left the area.

Joining a guild was the best thing I ever did. Fun people to chat with and hang around with. Even if you don't actually run quests together, there is always lively conversation going on. I wish there were a decent guild finder but at least you can get a list (a loooong list!) of all the guilds out there in the guild section of the forums. Also, check out people's sigs when they post on the forums. Some players include the names of their guilds. If you like someone's posts and their attitude, maybe one of their guilds would be a good fit!

Good luck! I hope you find what you're looking for!

Rhy :)
    Fatewalkers NA server, primarily Daggerfall Covenant, 30+ (mature, working folks with kids, dogs, etc!), casual, PVE oriented, small but growing!
    Antique Ordinatus Populus NA server, technically with Aldmeri Dominion but have members in all alliances, 40+ (even ++++!), mature, casual (fun people who sometimes forget what they're doing...or maybe that's just me :p ) antique-ordinatus-populus.enjin.com
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Actually its more like an Updated Guildwars 1 clone to me but who cares i guess..
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    Actually its more like an Updated Guildwars 1 clone to me but who cares i guess..

I kind of wish it was in some ways (like the currently non-instanced dungeons). I'd rather not see all those bots in my adventuring.
  • Dread_Takhisis
    This is strange post. Most of the people who whine and complain, whine and complain that its not enough like Wow. At least you're original.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    If you are in ebonheart pact, there is all sorts of RP and socializing going on in Windhelm, all the time, seems to be the top place for it, thats where we do our guild RP and what not too
    Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact
  • MysticAura
    MysticAura
    ✭✭✭
    This is the first thread I've seen that could offend both WoW fans and ESO fans at the same time. I'd think it was a super successful troll if I didn't think the OP was meaning to be serious.

If you're looking for a group, go to the dungeon you want the group for. Even just standing there saying nothing will end up getting you a group invite if you're patient.

Not everyone wants to grind and level up quickly. Honestly very many are taking their time and enjoying the lore, and stories. Trying to 100% each area before moving on.

As for elitist. I constantly see people blindly advertising their guild to anyone who will listen in zone. I could be wrong but that seems the opposite of elitist to me. I'm not sure if the grinders and speed levelers are being elitist, mostly because I don't really want any part of those who skip the game to race to the end. I don't really find it impressive, I find it a waste of a really nice world.

I'm sorry your experience hasn't been the one you would've liked so far, but there really are some nice guilds out there and plenty of people looking to group. I wish you good luck in the future.
  • Valiant29
    Valiant29
    ✭✭
    'Not stopping to say hello' lol. You know how time consuming that would be to stop at every player to say what's up? If you want that kind of community move to a small town.
  • Pelerin2014
    Pelerin2014
    ✭✭✭
    If you want social interaction create it yourself, you have only yourself to blame.
    Pelarius, Imperial Dragonknight of the Aldmeri Dominion.