Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I heard an NPC say this....

• crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I said "this crappy quartz should cover it, catman!"

This is a bosmer in reaper's march. My alt is in AD.
  • Kemono
    Kemono
    ✭✭✭
    "All Khajiit are grey in the dark." (in AD, not DC)

Oscar Wilde would be proud.
    I dont belive it
    gwz6NG8.jpg

• nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "My temper is short and my blade is long...so watch it."

"An undead werewolf took over Camlorn. An undead...werewolf? How does that even work?"
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I need another drink like a head in a hole"

Random statement from a male npc in the streets of Shornhelm outside the Dead Wolf Inn.

While walking through the game I hear all kinds of funny stuff the npc's are saying randomly. This one made me laugh when I heard it.
    If you heard anything really funny or interesting that an npc has said, please post it.

I was exploring a random house and noticed a guy getting a personal lap dance on his bed. Was pretty funny ^^

This game definitely has little gems of humor buried out there for thorough players to discover.
    Edited by Jeremy on May 11, 2014 10:42PM
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you offer to buy a certain person a drink and ask what they want the response is something like, doesn't matter the ale tastes like gutter water and the gutter water tastes like ***. I don't remember it exactly though and couldn't get a repeat.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Kashtana
    Kashtana
    Soul Shriven
    Shock me, say something intelligent.
  • XquixoticalX
    XquixoticalX
    ✭✭✭
    "Just so you know, as you talk I'm going to imagine there's a little person inside you moving your mouth like a puppet. It helps keep me interested."

- Sheogorath (who else?)

mvnlFNt.jpg
    ~ Belle Folie

"I'm here to kick ass and eat sweetrolls. And I'm all out of sweetrolls."
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "If you lack the claws, a sword will do, yes?" - Khajiit weapon merchant in wayrest.

:p
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When asking a Nord in Coldharbour if he missed home...

ColdharbourPocketwithSnow_zps3161c7d7.png
    Edited by Rev Rielle on June 8, 2014 10:56AM
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • BulbousMeathead
    BulbousMeathead
    ✭✭✭
    I like the Nord guy somewhere in Deshaan ( iirc ) who was ruminating on the glowing mushrooms: "that's not appropriate mushroom behaviour. I don't approve"
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard a drunken bandit say, 'That's what SHE said.'

I couldn't help smiling.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A guard in Coldharbour:
    "I hear cultists overtook Eagle's Brook. We should double our security here."
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • High_Marshal
    High_Marshal
    ✭✭✭
    nudel wrote: »
    "An undead werewolf took over Camlorn. An undead...werewolf? How does that even work?"

I heard a ghost say that one.

I clicked on a a guy in the Daggerfall inn who said something like:
    "The barkeep cut me off, says I am too drunk. I do my best drinking when I am drunk."
  • LadyLothi
    LadyLothi
    ✭✭✭
    At least some people know what makes this game so much fun to play. :)

My personal highlight was the letter from the Count of Alcaire to King Emeric (lies on a dresser somewhere in the countess' bedchamber) in which he thanks Emeric for finding him a wife (the countess is the queen's younger sister).

In the PS of that letter he says something like "Why didn't you tell me which great things Redguard women can do in the bedroom, you sly fox?"

Cracked me up , because I so totally didn't expect that.
    "It's easy, a child of five could do it. Unfortunately, we don't have a child of five, so I have to walk YOU through it." Abnur Tharn <3
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice necro!

Current favorite generic guard statement: "When all is said and done, much more is said than done."
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "You think I'm being smart with you? How would you know?" Random guards.
  • reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off"..

that from some random guard i was passing by.. i was like.. wtf did you just say???? its on!
    Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.
  • Runefell
    Runefell
    ✭✭✭✭
    "The only fish that goes with the flow is a dead one." -Random Bandit

'Shoes? Shoes are for lesser men! My manly toes need to breathe!" - A very drunk and barefoot Parquier Gimbert
    Edited by Runefell on July 1, 2014 12:37AM
    Rune Fell- Dunmer Mag Sorcerer (DC)~The Adventurer
    Runed Claws- Khajiit Stam Dragonknight (DC) ~The Tank
    Rain Fell- Argonian Mag Templar (EP)~ The Healer
    Dragon Talon- Bosmer Stam Nightblade (AD) ~ The DPS

• Tekalynn
    Tekalynn
    ✭✭
    "Who throws cat *** in people's faces?!" A horrified NPC after I had, in fact, thrown "eau de chat" at her for perfectly legitimate quest-related purposes. Alas, the game gave me no opportunity to apologize.
  • wookiefriseur
    wookiefriseur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rough translation of a bandit quote:
    "I only kill people who kill people. Because killing is bad."

• Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The other day while walking I heard a conversation between npcs and as I walked by I heard, "...that's what she said." No lie.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Carraig
    Carraig
    ✭✭✭
    How about this one? Very appropiate for a game:

"There are no rules, but I will let you know if you break one."
    It nullifies the prase "rules are made to be broken."

Also very friendly:

"if you question authority, authority has some questions for you."
    I thought we're supposed to be on the same side.... well, atleast until the justice system gets implemented.
    Knight-Captain of the Tamriel's Elite Sentinels ( EU server-PC)
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a group of people in Northern Cyrodiil, near Whitefall Mountain, they're basically servants of Sanguine, if you talk to the one by the wagon thing, he'll ask if you want a special drink, and then your screen will fade to black and you're character will wake up in the bushes nearby... Roofie'd much? :tongue:
    Edited by Panda244 on February 20, 2015 9:15AM
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "What was her name? The pretty one with the beard." ~bandit

Some Guard lines:
    "If you break any laws around here, I'll break your skull."
    "Speak softly... Last night's revelry is today's headache." (best said from male guards in Rivenspire)
    "If you want to lose ten pounds of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop off your head."
    "I bet if you spoke your mind you'd be speechless."
    "Go on. Say something intelligent."
    "A couple arrows shy of a quiver are you?"
    "I shouldn't have joined the guards. This is a Nord's work." (Dunmer Guards)
    "I should have joined the army. More loot!" (Nord Guards)
    "My blade is long overdue for a drink."
    "I see trouble as a way to practice my swordsmanship." (agreed)
    "You should stop running around and start running your mouth, it needs the exercise." (Heard this once, four months ago. Someone please get the exact quote and correct me!)
    "The quickest blade makes the rules around here."
    "You look like trouble. ...Are you?"
    "Safe roads, soft beds, and full flagons to you." (I always want to respond "And full coffers to you.")

This note is no longer in the game, removed sometime over the Summer of 2014
    2175830.jpg

Some quest related screenshots + dialogue
    1959406.jpg
    1957098.jpg
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
  • Staal
    Staal
    ✭✭
    "Hide your kids, hide your wife"

Unfortunately I did not see who said this as I was otherwise engaged, however it made me chuckle.
    I heard it in Stormhaven, in the northern most town.
  • DaggerfallTradeMasters
    Want to lose 10 pounds of ugly fat? I be glad to chop off your head!

Just wtf??! just 2 minutes ago i saved the king and now???
  • Seth_Black
    Seth_Black
    ✭✭✭
    "What's that horrible smell? It's making me hungry."
    ~Random Orc

Ah, my little mortal. I'm a man of many personalities, but tell you what? They're all very fond of you.
    ~Sheogorath
    Out of the night that covers me, Black as the pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be For my unconquerable soul.
    It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul
  • WebFeat
    WebFeat
    "He's not the sharpest arrow in the quiver." - one guard to another.
    Does not play well with others.
  • joschwab3ub17_ESO
    joschwab3ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I've heard twice now from NPCs in Alk'r dessert and Glenumbra say "that's what she said."
  • jkemmery
    jkemmery
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's funny that only the female voice says "That's some weapon you've got there!"