Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I heard an NPC say this....

Potenza
Potenza
✭✭✭✭✭
"I need another drink like a head in a hole"

Random statement from a male npc in the streets of Shornhelm outside the Dead Wolf Inn.

While walking through the game I hear all kinds of funny stuff the npc's are saying randomly. This one made me laugh when I heard it.
If you heard anything really funny or interesting that an npc has said, please post it.
Edited by Potenza on April 20, 2014 4:48PM
  • Neonisys
    Neonisys
    ✭✭✭
    I had
    Angof Gravesinger
    congratulate me on saving the kings life in Coldharbour.
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a headache as big as Cyrodiil
  • KiroElmarok
    KiroElmarok
    ✭✭✭
    Have you heard? Someone saved King Casimir's life!
    Daggerfall Covenant - Dunmer - Dragon Knight

• Rytfield
    Rytfield
    ✭✭✭
    A dunmer told me to [snip] off once :<

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on January 13, 2015 3:18PM
  • Sorpaijen_ESO
    Sorpaijen_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    There's a female Dunmer outside Ebonheart, I think, who calls you a netch's fart...
  • Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "If you were speaking your mind, you'd be speechless right now."
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. Who knew the NPCs read the forums! :)
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • pinkempyreal
    pinkempyreal
    ✭✭✭
    There's a certain NPC guard voice type that when he says (more like yells) the line "For King Casimir! ' I hear a certain curse word... Gets me all the time.
    Edited by pinkempyreal on April 30, 2014 6:08PM
  • columbineb14_ESO
    columbineb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It's not particular dialogue, but at various places in the world are two NPCs who can't start a fire. You light their campfire for them and they're very grateful. This always cracks me up, mostly because I want to know what was going through the mind of the writer or dev who threw this in.
    I have just told you more than I know.
  • Sanspoof
    Sanspoof
    ✭✭✭
    Have you heard? Someone saved King Casimir's life!
    Really? You should buy that hero an ale!
  • psychounz
    psychounz
    ✭✭✭
    Neonisys wrote: »
    I had
    Angof Gravesinger
    congratulate me on saving the kings life in Coldharbour.

This happens to me with the recently departed spirits that I need to save, as well. Basically... people who shouldn't be saying, "Yay! You did something amazing in another zone!" are saying... just that XD
  • esoone
    esoone
    ✭✭✭
    There are 3 women in cyrodiil who have a guy chained and all have lovenotes from him. One is sharpening a blade and they say all kind of epic funy things and the whole scene is very funny.
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "If you're looking to lose 10 pounds of ugly fat, be happy to cut off your head.

Random comment from a guard. Made me laugh.
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the best one i heard sofar from a guard

"I will live forever or die trying"
  • Lynnarra
    Lynnarra
    Soul Shriven
    "If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
  • psychounz
    psychounz
    ✭✭✭
    "I'm here to kick ass and eat sweetrolls. And I'm all out of sweetrolls."
  • merwanoreb17_ESO
    There's a certain NPC guard voice type that when he says (more like yells) the line "For King Casimir! ' I hear a certain curse word... Gets me all the time.

Yeah me too, i always laugh when I hear it :)

• Ulvich
    Ulvich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not long ago I bought an NPC a drink. He replied by saying "I'll be getting thirsty again real soon. And when I do I'll come find you".
    - Monster Slayer
    - Savior of Nirn
    - Adventurer Across a Decade
    - Hit Hard. Hit Fast. Hit Often
    - BETA Group: 85 b 9
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh man soo many good ones.

"I like to crush skulls and eat sweetrolls...and I'm all out of sweetrolls."

"If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one?"

Though my favorite has got to be Yngwie in the Daggerfall Inn. It's not really a random line, but I love it so.

"Innkeep said I was too drunk to drink! How rid...how red...How stupid is that? I do my best drinking when I'm drunk. Ask anyone."
  • yiasemi
    yiasemi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Took off my my breeches to upgrade them at a clothiers bench, feeling as self-conscious as only a Brit can in virtual reality, only for a passing guard to remark that's some weapon you have there or something like.
  • ZeBlade
    ZeBlade
    ✭✭
    In Skyrim the guard would say "let me guess someone stole your sweetrole"

This women says "let me guess you want to buy a sweetrole"
  • vince131nub18_ESO
    there was an elf speaking to one of the tree elemental things
    "when you are asked a hard question do you get stumped"
    i had to stop and tell myself it is impossible for me to strangle a fictional character
    and then i hear "im sure when you set your mind on something you stick with it"
    and i lose it alt+f4 /wrist cant live any more. never had an NPC actually lower my intelligence score
    There is no safty to be found in a sword. a sword brings death. it does not give life. it is a responsibility... a burden... this is no gift. it is a curse. i hope one day... you will forgive me.
  • SootyTX
    SootyTX
    ✭✭✭
    Riding through Daggerfall just now and some cheeky bugger dissed my horse!
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "All Khajiit are grey in the dark." (in AD, not DC)

Oscar Wilde would be proud.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on May 3, 2014 5:34AM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Lynnessa
    Lynnessa
    ✭✭✭✭
    "If I wanted your opinion, I'd give it to you."

--Bloody Fist
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heard this for the first time today: "I bet you're all foam and no ale."

Also love when guards say, "War doesn't build character. It reveals it."
  • Heraclea
    Heraclea
    ✭✭✭
    Every time I head back to Rivenspire for a bag dump, somebody shouts that one of Santa's reindeer has gone insane.
    Hircine loves me, this I know,
    Your intestines told me so.

Quæ tam fera immanisque natura? - Cicero
  • squeeze
    squeeze
    There's
    • a female Orc guard in Wayrest who comments on my smell
    • a male Khajiit guard in Rawlkha who says my face would sour milk
    • a female Bosmer guard in Rawlkha who welcomes me back as long as I do not stay as long...
  • ArgonianAssassin
    ArgonianAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Hey, aren't you the one that exposed that swindler Andarwe? HAH! Ayleid warlord my arse."
    "It is okay to fear the night, even the bravest warriors are filled with fright, at the sight of the might of Sithis' fang, let the blood be washed away by the rain, let the stains forever remain, another life taken in Sithis' name, another soul for the void. All hail our Dread Father and his consort, the Night Mother." -Stalks-His-Prey
  • twnakita
    twnakita
    ✭✭✭
    "The talk of men grates upon my ears. Always comparing swords. One-hand grip, two-handed grip... it's all the same to me. Now if you could show me a beautifully filigreed sheath, that would be a different matter entirely." -Bameli the Pure, a Dark Elf in Ebonheart.
    Katessa
    Ebonheart Pact
    NA Server