Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Where are the skyshards?

Texwa
Texwa
Anyone else having trouble finding skyshards? I see one occasionally but am having trouble finding them. Any ideas?
  • Nintendor
    Nintendor
    ✭✭
    I use this to find the ones I missed.

http://teso.mmorpg-life.com/skyshards/

Happy hunting!
    Life is a joke...enjoy the laughter!
  • therain93
    therain93
    Texwa wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble finding skyshards? I see one occasionally but am having trouble finding them. Any ideas?

Have you looked at the hints for all of them in the achievement section of the codex/lore book?

• dagnome
    dagnome
    ✭✭✭
    I didnt have any trouble because I know how to use google. XD
    Another site I use is - Gamersheros

• Selstad
    Selstad
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you want to find them by yourself, you can find hints in the achievements where to find them. Generally exploring is also good to find skyshards.

If you want to use addons, there are those too that marks the skyshards on the map. Curse per example or Minion addon handler found at easohead.com can be used to look for addons.
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run into them all over the place. I tried using a map someone made and hunting them down but it was way too boring. I choose to just stumble upon them.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • dagnome
    dagnome
    ✭✭✭
    www.esoui.com Is really the best "One stop shop" for all your ESO Addons.
  • Maestro_Sartori
    Maestro_Sartori
    ✭✭✭
    Actually this is the best one:

http://dulfy.net/2014/02/28/eso-skyshards-guide/
  • OZGODUSA
    OZGODUSA
    When I see posts like this I worry about the future of our species.
  • MysticAura
    MysticAura
    ✭✭✭
    Google is your friend.
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not using addons, google or anything else than what's in the game, and I've no problem to find all skyshard of the map just by completing and exploring all areas! It's a game in itself! :)

of course you can "cheat" and look for the soluce, but isn't it less exiting?
  • Texwa
    Texwa
    oops thought this was a Players helping Players section rather than RTFM section.
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or you could just... look for them.

Public dungeons pretty typically have one somewhere near the boss. You need to wander away from the quest railroad to find these dungeons, but the shards themselves are easy to spot once you're inside.

There are also often shards in interesting, out-of-the-way locations. If an area is marked with an eye on your map, do a thorough search behind rocks and walls, in gulleys, and on any high-points. Go to the top floor of all towers.

Shards are a mechanic to reward you for exploring. So explore! Even if you check an obscure location and don't find a shard there, there will often be a chest or lorebook, at least. It's far more rewarding that way than using an add-on.
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • OZGODUSA
    OZGODUSA
    oops thought this was a Players helping Players section rather than RTFM section.

It is and people helped you. We still fear for the future of the human race though.

• scruffycavetroll
    scruffycavetroll
    ✭✭✭

let's break-down the word

sky...air, atmosphere, look up
    Shard..piece of something

have you tried looking up? make sure you're looking in the right places. they're everywhere even in dungeons.

Edited by scruffycavetroll on April 18, 2014 1:51PM
  • Texwa
    Texwa
    OZGODUSA wrote: »

It is and people helped you. We still fear for the future of the human race though.

Thanks for everyone that offered help. To those who would rather judge and insult please move on and get a life, you are the ones that would cause me to fear the future of the human race.
  • YourNameHere
    YourNameHere
    ✭✭✭
    I use an add-on for it. It works well as it shows icons on your map.

But I'm a big completionist, so it doesn't bother me!

But yes, as others have said, there are great sites out there that can help you.

Happy adventuring!
    NA Megaserver / RPer
    Alinyssa Gaethar - AD || Raahni-do - AD || Wind-In-Tree's-Shadow - DC
  • JessieColt
    JessieColt
    ✭✭✭✭
  • malais
    malais
    OZGODUSA wrote: »
    When I see posts like this I worry about the future of our species.

When I see posts like this I'm grateful to be human and not be so perfect as to tell others how they should live/play.

In my case I have a addon from esoui.com. I want to spend my time pvping not hunting for shards so I can complete my build.

Exploring is not something I enjoy. Others can that's fine. But me meh rather be playing against a thinking enemy.
    Edited by malais on April 18, 2014 4:50PM
  • DFDelta
    DFDelta
    ✭✭
    Sadly the placing of the skyshards is usually rather... uninspired.
    There is one in every public dungeon, mostly in plain sight. At rare times they can be well hidden though.
    Large cities have one inside or nearby usually, as do almost all small towns.
    As do maybe 75% of all marked areas. ("Eyes", ruins, bosses)
    That leaves maybe 2 skyshards per zone to be found by actual exploring, the rest you'll run into anyways during normal playing if you keep an eye out for their beams and their sounds.
    EU Megaserver
    Chany Therall - Templar VR1
    - Tank in PvE, support Mage in PvP
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man i have been using that addon to find them , it is quite nice , even more how it tells the one you have and the ones missing.

Wish we had one of those for lorebooks.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor