Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Endless Loading Screens [ FIX ]

• traigusb14_ESO2
    traigusb14_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a good fix before 2 patches ago (counting today). It doesn't fix the failed loads and infinite loads that showed up in patch 1.04. That's new.

I'm assuming EU server still has these issues today (because it isn't in patch notes).
  • gtholouliseb17_ESO
    jimdove wrote: »
    thanks
    No Problem Mate
    I just tried this, added ESO.exe to Windows Firewall and ticked both boxes. The game has NEVER loaded so fast since I started, its literally seconds between load screens now, where it was minimum 20-30 (or never) for most before.

Thank you for this.

Glad It Helped.
    Did not help at all. But was worth a try.
    Now it is Zenimax time to fix their game - not our job as community.
    Yes, this did not work for me either.
    does not work
    I am sorry to hear it didnt worked for you people. But for many people it did work. So please forward it to friends guildes and zone chat alike, so more more people might enjoy the game.
  • Sir_BigBobb
    Aye, it is since 1.0.4 right for EU players?
    Guardian King of the Guardians of the North(EU), proud protectors of the Northern Provinces.
  • cucmw5ub17_ESO
    For all the people who this fixed problems for (and use Windows as their firewall), shame on you for not doing this at launch or knowing how. I swear the kids these days...

And BTW, I have my windows firewall turned off (using a third-party security/firewall program) with ESO added to their exceptions list. And guess what, I'm still getting 1-2 minute loading screens followed by a delayed disconnection.
  • Sir_BigBobb
    It has to be ESO it self, strange thing is a friend of mine had it before 1.0.4. and now it is fixed for him. Can it be that it has something to do with Windows version you have? I run on 8.1 and it worked before 1.0.4., he runs on Windows 7 and now it works for him.
    Guardian King of the Guardians of the North(EU), proud protectors of the Northern Provinces.
  • cisadanepajsuxrwb17_ESO
    I ran Windows 7 32 bit SP1, tried but it didnt work. Any new tricks? Kinda desperate for something drastic now
  • Darzil
    Darzil
    ✭✭✭
    For all the people who this fixed problems for (and use Windows as their firewall), shame on you for not doing this at launch or knowing how. I swear the kids these days...
    Well, that and the fact that every game I have had for the last few years has either automatically set this up or asked permission to set this up. It's been a few years since games needed this sort of handholding.
  • gtholouliseb17_ESO
    I am sorry to hear it didnt work for some of you. I am happy to hear it did work for many of you. @Goldie‌ did very well to find this "Fix" ( for some people of course) I hope , in the future for Zenimax to do something. But all in due time.
  • aleksikion
    I'm stuck with this problem already 2 weeks tons of replays from zenimax support nothing helps
  • ensignedb16_ESO
    This is getting so badly on my nerves, if this persists much longer I will unsubscribe and never return. Even though I enjoy the game I have a life too and I will not spend hours staring at that load screen. Worst gamebreaker ever. And no, the firewall "fix" is NOT the issue. I did that a long time ago - same *** as always.
  • Soloeus
    Soloeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not an end-all-be-all solution, but hey.

It solved my endless loading screens when I use wayshrine. I still do get these screens now and then, just less often. Wonder if something I can do on my end can help even more.
    Edited by Soloeus on April 25, 2014 5:36AM

Within; Without.
  • Surgeries
    Surgeries
    Soul Shriven
    I get these every single day...and many, many times the game NEVER loads. I go all the way out, and come back in. It is extremely Hit and Miss as to actually getting into the game. This has been going on a long time, and it is one of the things I really dislike about ESO servers.
  • gtholouliseb17_ESO
    Surgeries wrote: »
    I get these every single day...and many, many times the game NEVER loads. I go all the way out, and come back in. It is extremely Hit and Miss as to actually getting into the game. This has been going on a long time, and it is one of the things I really dislike about ESO servers.

Hey there mate, did you try the solution?

• Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom This thread needs to be a sticky. I was getting stuck on Character loads so often that I was almost to the point of unsubscribing. When I noticed this post the other day I was skeptical because the Windows Firewall is disabled on my computer since I'm using Norton's Firewall. I thought to myself "Why would Windows firewall cause any issues if it was disabled". But at this point, I was willing to try anything. After making the changes to Windows Firewall to allow expections for the ESO client as shown in the video, low and behold, everything now works as it should.

No more constant Character loading screens, I get to each zone as I should without issues. It made a BIG difference in my enjoyment of the game. Thank you @Goldie for posting your fix!
    Edited by Ashtaris on April 7, 2015 10:25PM
  • gtholouliseb17_ESO
    Ashtaris wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom This thread needs to be a sticky. I was getting stuck on Character loads so often that I was almost to the point of unsubscribing. When I noticed this post the other day I was skeptical because the Windows Firewall is disabled on my computer since I'm using Norton's Firewall. I thought to myself "Why would Windows firewall cause any issues if it was disabled". But at this point, I was willing to try anything. After making the changes to Windows Firewall to allow expections for the ESO client as shown in the video, low and behold, everything now works as it should.

No more constant Character loading screens, I get to each zone as I should without issues. It made a BIG difference in my enjoyment of the game. Thank you @Goldie for posting your fix!

Glad it helped you.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I also added the exceptions on my wife's computers and that pretty much eliminated the constant character load she was getting as well. I'm just curious if this is a Windows bug of some kind? Doesn't matter really, as long as it works :)
  • JJSerrault
    The solution worked for me. The ping rate and loading time went down by a lot. Thanks for posting the tutorial video, TS. It really helped me to play ESO much smoother.
  • PunkAben
    PunkAben
    ✭✭✭
    For me it happens only in Cyrodiil
    Pretty annoying because after ALT+F4 I am out of PvP and need to wait for enter again, offen20-30 min
    So pretty funny to play waiting most of evening for enter Cyrodiil.
    The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do.The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do.Ted NelsonElder Scrolls Online most balanced part is maybe the the number of bugs and not bugs!
  • ThorinOakenshield86
    PunkAben wrote: »
    For me it happens only in Cyrodiil
    Pretty annoying because after ALT+F4 I am out of PvP and need to wait for enter again, offen20-30 min
    So pretty funny to play waiting most of evening for enter Cyrodiil.

Same here. Especially when my team going to attack a castle and I get loading screen while galloping. When I come back, the castle is already taken and I don't earn AP. It's going so annoying and ZOS don't do anything about it. So many bugs and things to fix and they do nothing. What are these maintenances every wheek and what are they doing?!?!!?