The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Endless Loading Screens [ FIX ]

gtholouliseb17_ESO
You must place your eso.exe ( Depending on your server ) in your windows firewall. This will lower loading time and reduces latency as well.

P.S. For those of you who dont know here is a tutorial video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOqRVTXbq2M&feature=youtu.be. Not mine so say a thank you to the creator as well if it works.
Edited by gtholouliseb17_ESO on April 18, 2014 1:35PM
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Er, FIX? For a small number of people perhaps, this only 'fixes' a total failure to log into the game which is not what most people are reporting right now.

It also doesn't apply at all to those folks who don't run Windows Firewall, like me who is also seeing this problem from time to time.
  • gtholouliseb17_ESO
    KerinKor wrote: »
    Er, FIX? For a small number of people perhaps, this only 'fixes' a total failure to log into the game which is not what most people are reporting right now.

It also doesn't apply at all to those folks who don't run Windows Firewall, like me who is also seeing this problem from time to time.

I am also not running it, but i used this and it worked. Give it a try it wont hurt you.

• traigusb14_ESO2
    traigusb14_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worked for me WIn 7 64 bit. shouldn't the installer be doing this?

• gtholouliseb17_ESO

Really happy it worked for you mate :smile: Its not a firewall bypassing .exe so its not needed there. But allowing it does give you some results as you have seen.
  • traigusb14_ESO2
    traigusb14_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I'm just saying every other game on my computer is already on that list and checked to pass through, and I didn't put them there lol. I actually had the firewall off (and thought it still was)... it must have gotten restarted by a system update.

Sounds like the installer isn't doing what it should, or the game isn't on some Microdsoft list for autoinclusion.
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭

Nothing is allowed to mess with your Windows PC security settings except you. Least of all some program you probably downloaded off the Internet.

'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • gtholouliseb17_ESO
    Well, I'm just saying every other game on my computer is already on that list and checked to pass through, and I didn't put them there lol. I actually had the firewall off (and thought it still was)... it must have gotten restarted by a system update.

Sounds like the installer isn't doing what it should, or the game isn't on some Microdsoft list for autoinclusion.

I guess so. Ill report it to the ESO Team as well.
  • traigusb14_ESO2
    traigusb14_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Censorious wrote: »

Nothing is allowed to mess with your Windows PC security settings except you. Least of all some program you probably downloaded off the Internet.

Maybe not, but every game I have ever put on this machine is on that list... and I didn't put them there. Steam games, boxed games, digital DLs... Several MMOs, Rift, Defiance Secret World... All of them are on my pass through list. Some of them have launchers on the list, some don't. I added ESO's launcher for the hell of it.(EDIT: I could ahve just turned it off again, but this seemed easier in the long run).

Like I said, I usually have the Windows firewall off anyway. I just saw this post and checked it out, and MS had turned it on again (which happens all the time after updates). My load times got cut in half and I didn't have a load hang up until they took the NA server down. I usually have one every hour or so.

Don't know about Win Firewall, or how it gets populated. I tend to use the one on my router.
    Edited by traigusb14_ESO2 on April 18, 2014 12:33PM
  • Chufeg
    Chufeg
    Dat doesn't work.
  • gtholouliseb17_ESO
    Chufeg wrote: »
    Dat doesn't work.

You tried it? Have you followed all the steps in the video? Because it has worked for so many people including me.

• MrMalicious
    Don't use Windows Firewall, but added it anyways. Can't hurt. The only time it ever became an issue for me was in Cyrodill. Eventually gave up for the night because I could never get back in after lagging out for no apparent reason.
  • gtholouliseb17_ESO
    Don't use Windows Firewall, but added it anyways. Can't hurt. The only time it ever became an issue for me was in Cyrodill. Eventually gave up for the night because I could never get back in after lagging out for no apparent reason.

I don't use it either but worked like a charm. Please tell me if it did work for you as well.
  • MrMalicious

I don't use it either but worked like a charm. Please tell me if it did work for you as well.
    Will do! :)
  • traigusb14_ESO2
    traigusb14_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sometimes think Windows firewall isn't as "off" as it claims to be.
  • Goldie
    Goldie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad that this fix is working for so many people. When I made the video I was skeptical that I would be able to reach very many people. I guess that its getting around though. Cheers all :-D

I have more "How To ESO" Videos in the works and I'm working on solving other in-game problems with simple things we can all do at home. The best thing to do is be patient. We all know that Zenimax Corporate pushed our good friends at Bethesda to release the game ahead of development to start turning profits. Its not the fault of the developers that the money man makes the rules, they are doing the best that they can to catch up with the bugs and give us all the ESO experience we want and deserve.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar
  • gtholouliseb17_ESO
    Goldie wrote: »
    I'm glad that this fix is working for so many people. When I made the video I was skeptical that I would be able to reach very many people. I guess that its getting around though. Cheers all :-D

I have more "How To ESO" Videos in the works and I'm working on solving other in-game problems with simple things we can all do at home. The best thing to do is be patient. We all know that Zenimax Corporate pushed our good friends at Bethesda to release the game ahead of development to start turning profits. Its not the fault of the developers that the money man makes the rules, they are doing the best that they can to catch up with the bugs and give us all the ESO experience we want and deserve.

I am seriously thankful to you for making this video. It has saved me hours at loading screens and lots of latency. Thank you again. Hope it reaches many people.

P.S. Hope you dont have a problem i used to it :smile:
  • JudgeDredd
    JudgeDredd
    Soul Shriven
    Censorious wrote: »

You obviously know nothing about software development

• jimdove
    jimdove
    ✭✭
    thanks
    Edited by jimdove on April 20, 2014 1:21PM
  • Flayedalive
    I just tried this, added ESO.exe to Windows Firewall and ticked both boxes. The game has NEVER loaded so fast since I started, its literally seconds between load screens now, where it was minimum 20-30 (or never) for most before.

Thank you for this.
  • rebellisb16_ESO
    Did not help at all. But was worth a try.

Now it is Zenimax time to fix their game - not our job as community.
  • Darzil
    Darzil
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, that's a difference. I doubt that it'll fix the loading screens when they fail server side, but it speeds up game (and launcher if you add that) a LOT !

And yes, I also see many entries for other games that I didn't add.
  • Moobs
    Moobs
    ✭✭✭
    Worked for me. I was stuck loading into Rivenspire. Thanks for posting.
  • Syndica
    Syndica
    Soul Shriven
    This worked for me too. I'm loading much faster, but I'm still getting hit with lag spikes. Can be annoying, but they don't seem to be happening as often though.
  • Azinurn
    Azinurn
    worked for me too thanks for the tip
  • Dayel
    Dayel
    ✭✭✭
    Greatly reduced my loading times, thanks so much.
  • Leeta
    Leeta
    ✭✭✭
    Not working for me. Was gonna log on EU server while NA is down and first i couldnt even load up character screen, closed and logged on again. This time i got to char screen but i couldnt zone into game so i gave up. So zos really gotta do something abiut this. For me i never had this problem before the patch friday.
  • LareliRose
    LareliRose
    ✭✭✭
    People really need to specify how many times it " worked for me" I can log out then log back in and the long loading screen issue is immediately fixed. So it's quiet possible that this had nothing to do with "fixing" the issue.

My regular load times are faster than those of the "fixed" in the video. Anything longer than 30 seconds I restart and the issue is resolved.
    Edited by LareliRose on April 21, 2014 12:49PM
  • Oberon
    Oberon
    ✭✭✭✭
    No effect. Long or infinite load screens still happen randomly.
  • GrundelWolfe
    GrundelWolfe
    ✭✭
    Yes, this did not work for me either.
  • Mercutio_Montague
    does not work