Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

I heard Zenimax say "Voldemort" more than "Console Version"

Conquers
Conquers
✭✭✭✭
Seriously, no news = bad news
VR 16 Orc Stamina Dragonknight

We need a loot currency system in this game!
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/230549/currency-system-for-dungeons#latest
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When did they say voldemort?
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Conquers
    Conquers
    ✭✭✭✭
    the message here is that they are more afraid of mentioning consoles than people in the harry potter universe are afraid to say he-who-shall-not-be-named Voldemort. (its a joke)

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/230549/currency-system-for-dungeons#latest
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Insert PC gaming master race comment here*
  • Conquers
    Conquers
    ✭✭✭✭
    people can say PC gaming is better, but thats opinion. I could play it on PC, but i like being a couch gamer, with a controller and a TV, lying in my bed playing. i don't want to sit at a desk and play ESO.

• Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last I heard they had some serious issues and were considering dropping console version.
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    Conquers wrote: »
    people can say PC gaming is better, but thats opinion. I could play it on PC, but i like being a couch gamer, with a controller and a TV, lying in my bed playing. i don't want to sit at a desk and play ESO.

You can set your system up like this. I use my entertainment center to play. This means I have 7.1 surround sound and a 42 inch HD monitor. Works better than you'd think.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So they're prioritizing getting the PC version polished before they consider a console version.

Should I be upset?

In the meantime, you can use a controller to play just fine with a 3rd party application like XPadder. You don't have to use a keyboard/mouse with ESO.

A trackball mouse is nice for navigating menus faster, but everything else I do with a controller without issue.
    Edited by Sarenia on April 16, 2014 3:30PM
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Conquers
    Conquers
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kyosji wrote: »

You can set your system up like this. I use my entertainment center to play. This means I have 7.1 surround sound and a 42 inch HD monitor. Works better than you'd think.

and that costs a lot more than a ps4 and a tv. my setup is the $400 ps4 and a $400 tv, so $800. your setup is probably over $1500, but I'm severely guesstimating

• timebandit_b16_ESO
    timebandit_b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ill never own a console.

Console games are so far from what i like and the mouse, keyboard and monitor on my desk gives my a perfect experience compared to just sitting in a couch with a sub par controller.

If PCs should some day wither, id retire from gaming completely.
  • Conquers
    Conquers
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ill never own a console.

Console games are so far from what i like and the mouse, keyboard and monitor on my desk gives my a perfect experience compared to just sitting in a couch with a sub par controller.

If PCs should some day wither, id retire from gaming completely.

i would never see that day be possible, as both consoles and computers have huge audiences and neither would switch to the other except for the occasional exclusive.

• scruffycavetroll
    scruffycavetroll
    ✭✭✭

HDMI connector from your GPU to a TV FTW...anything a console can do, pc does better.

but is this one of those....Consoles holding PC game back threads?

if so, i agree. that's probably why there are so many issues, because devs are split between both...different teams, whatever, bottom line, all of them should be working on teh PC game.
    Edited by scruffycavetroll on April 16, 2014 3:40PM
  • ShadowWolf613
    ShadowWolf613
    ✭✭✭
    There shouldn't of been a console version to begin with.. MMOS Should stay on pc and pc only.
  • Enteum
    Enteum
    ✭✭✭
    I've always been a console guy. But recently I got me a new PC Rig and I will probably never go back to console. Unless it's for party games when we have a night in with friends.
    Asira Avalis - Mage
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There shouldn't of been a console version to begin with.. MMOS Should stay on pc and pc only.

Well if the issues with the port are true, it will likely get axed.
  • Thesiren
    Thesiren
    ✭✭✭
    Last I heard they had some serious issues and were considering dropping console version.

Links or it didn't happen. I don't buy that one. I've been seeing a PS4/XBox 1 launch date of June 20th for months now. Did they suddenly change that?

PS/ Amazon right now gives PS4 and Xbox 1 launch dates of June 30th for both.

Edited by Thesiren on April 16, 2014 3:46PM
  • scruffycavetroll
    scruffycavetroll
    ✭✭✭

Well if the issues with the port are true, it will likely get axed.

can only hope!!

that would be great news for the PC player, more people to fix this game.

multi-platformers almost assure that quality will suffer...look at the BF series.
    Edited by scruffycavetroll on April 16, 2014 3:46PM
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do hope that if/when they release a console version, it's on separate server cluster(s) from the PC players.

It's not that I don't like people who play consoles. It's just that they can't really communicate outside of voice chat, which many of us don't use or want to hear when immersing ourselves in the game. That leads to some very dysfunctional interaction.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarenia wrote: »
    I do hope that if/when they release a console version, it's on separate server cluster(s) from the PC players.

It will be.

I can;t think of a single game that has consoles and PC on the same servers.
  • DotAwkward

It will be.

Final Fantasy: Realm Reborn has PS4/PS3 and PC users on the same server.

But they have already stated that each console and the PC will be on separate servers for elder scrolls.

Edited by DotAwkward on April 16, 2014 4:17PM
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DotAwkward wrote: »

It will be.

Final Fantasy: Realm Reborn has PS4/PS3 and PC users on the same server.

But they have already stated that each console and the PC will be on separate servers for elder scrolls.

And the game had to be dumbed down to fit PS 4 specs.
  • trinta
    trinta
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what PC-gaming elitism has to do with this guy's concern about the console launch being in trouble. He isn't a PC player, he seems to think he knows what he's missing, he didn't ask if PC or console was better. I'm sure there are other people also waiting for console release, whatever their reason, just let them have this one thread. Sheesh.
    Every time someone swears, it gets replaced with three asterisks. There's only one three-letter swear word that I know of. I read that in the place of every set of three asterisks. It makes for some amusing sentences.