Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 14
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 14, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EDT (20:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• EU megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236

ERROR 209 FIX!

• gardenia.ren67ub17_ESO
    Wish I saw this before I screwed up and am now waiting 2 hours to download the entire game. I will remember this for next time though!

I hate to say this, but deleting and doing a fresh install and redownloading the game doesn't fix it, either. I just spend several hours doing just that after trying everything else, and still get the error even though I redownloaded fresh. Dammitsomuch.

• Rhoric
    Rhoric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have a look at this topic as this fix has helped others where it has been posted in other topics.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/80209/found-the-root-cause-of-many-login-issues#latest
  • Norcus
    Norcus
    I just switch between megaserver real quick and it always allows me to play.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had this problem running Beta patched to Live as well. I'm letting it reinstall since I had beta, but just wondering if there is a pattern to the group of players affected by this most recent patch attempt.

Any wisdom in backing up the whole game folder somewhere else and keeping it for future bugs as a base install?
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • elderscrollsb16_ESO109
    irre_greg wrote: »
    just wondering if there is a pattern to the group of players affected by this most recent patch attempt.

Yes it concerns players that use some ISPs. (My personnal guess I must say)
    irre_greg wrote: »
    Any wisdom in backing up the whole game folder somewhere else and keeping it for future bugs as a base install?

I do stongly recommand that !
  • Sha_Inari
    Sha_Inari
    Soul Shriven
    I followed the instructions as per the first post here, but I put the files back into their respective folders while the launcher was open, with the INSTALL button activated, but not pressed (not downloading). After subsequently closing the launcher and restarting everything seems fine now (fingers crossed).
  • Beleron
    Beleron
    ✭✭✭
    This only lets you get the play button and shows initializing to the left. After a while you launcher will still get the same error.

Its not a fix. The version will be the old version.

This is a "fix" HOWEVER. The problem is with zenimax. There is an issue with there many ip addresses for there server and how your launcher talks to the servers / ip addresses and verify s the version is good. It is the right version, there's just a programming issue, doing this will fix it, and help get them to have the conversation they should, however it doesn't mean that it can't happen again.
    Even if you fully re install, it can happen again. The main problem is at there end.

Also someone posted a link to another discussion, in the previous reply's. Please look at that, and see if using the ip config commands help you.
  • Wizard
    Wizard
    This, and the many other threads like it, did NOT work for me either. Still downloading a new client, been about 21 hours so far only at 18%.
  • Beleron
    Beleron
    ✭✭✭
    WELL... now im getting the 209 error but the play button still works......... I AM REALLY CONFUSED......... but as long as i can play...
  • RA187
    RA187
    Is it always this slow at downloading the game client? i mean i know the game is at least 20GB after the beta but i'm downloading the game client again for almost a week..
    i'm downloading at 10 hrs = 2%.. isnt there a 'file check' just before the game launch just to make sure these things dont happen again.. i hope you guys can get that as a reference and not download the game again if the game shows the error..
    i dont have a good connection here but i run the game perfectly fine through the network so thats good enough for me but downloading the game might take me a whole f##k##g month..

so i hope this goes out to the developers team to help fix the problem.. right now i'm addicted to the game so much that it makes me feel like playing skyrim all over again.
    v16 - Dimitri Veteran Healer - AD - NA
    Guild: Dark-Brotherhood-Dominion
    "Nightblades use Piercing/reapers mark, cant see *** at night time in PvP. i use 'power of the light', no more complain cant see the target's location"
  • Zephlar
    Zephlar
    Soul Shriven
    This is what they sent me as a solution. I reinstalled before I received it so I'm not sure if it works but just in case for someone else, maybe it will.

This is Taylor from The Elder Scrolls Online Team. I'm sorry to hear you are receiving this error.
    Please follow the steps that we have provided below to help solve the issue:

Navigate to your "My Documents" or "Documents" folder in the start menu.
    Delete the folder named "Elder Scrolls Online". This is a settings folder. It will repopulate when the game launches again.
    Navigate to the "C://" drive on your computer from "My Computer" or "Computer". - Open "Program Files (x86)" - Open "Zenimax Online" - Open "Launcher" - Delete the "Program Data" folder.
    Close out of all screens and return back to your desktop.
    (These next steps are known as "Clean-booting" your computer and will disable all programs and services that start with your computer that are not the basic Microsoft services. During these steps, please pay special attention to the note that will inform you on how to reverse these changes, if you so choose to. You do not need to reverse these changes and no program on your computer is deleted. They simply do not start, when your computer starts; you will need to manually start them.)
    Hold the Windows Key and press the letter "R"
    Type in "MsConfig" into the Run box that opens and press enter.
    Press the radial button next to "Selective Start-up"(Take note of where it says "Normal Start Up". If you press this and then "Apply" and "ok", then restart your computer, all changes made in this tool during these steps will be reversed.)
    Uncheck the "Load Start-Up Items" checkbox.
    Press on the "Services" tab located at the top of the box.
    Check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" checkbox.
    Press the "Disable All" button.
    Press Apply and Ok and you will be prompted to restart your computer.
    Please restart your computer.
    Launch your game and run the "Repair" from the launcher's game option, which are located in between the news title and the news articles.