The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Unable to connect to server. Login timeout

Czechmark
Czechmark
For some reason I can't even login. It just sits there trying to log me in and then eventually times out or says error 301. Anyone else having this issue?
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am having the same issue and it seems like others are too. It worked fine yesterday...
  • Sharvel
    Sharvel
    i can't login, error 301
  • BrandynPublic
    same here.
  • budgiesmugla
    Can't log in times out, try again the get error 301 same as 2-3 days ago
  • ORYG1N
    ORYG1N
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Same withme. Still....

AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
  • addeez2000ub17_ESO
    addeez2000ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Same here, PLEASE FIX THE TIME OUT ERROR ZENIMAX!!!!!!
  • Nalerian
    Nalerian
    ✭✭
    Also having this issue...
  • Butkus1
    Butkus1
    Same issue here. When can we log in?
  • Jahoel
    Jahoel
    ✭✭✭
  • Thymae
    Thymae
    Soul Shriven
    Same here. Login timeout: error 301
  • verna.harrisonub17_ESO
    Same here, error 301
  • companymen42b14_ESO
    I get error 200, and error 100 something. Jesus this annoying.
  • Resyn
    Resyn
    Same here.
  • ipkonfigcub18_ESO
    ipkonfigcub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Here also
  • Prickly_Darkness
    Prickly_Darkness
    Soul Shriven
    Same here.
  • Basil_oz
    Basil_oz
    ✭✭✭
    You will find that the launcher hasn't updated.

Go back to the launcher, click the option immediately above the messages in the middle and click Update.

That will allow you to log in.

I had the same issue. That fixed it.
    NA Mega-server
    Basilthwaite - male Nord Templar Ebonheart Pact (unwittingly looks like Hulk Hogan. Trying to find some bright gold breeches to match the persona.)

Arwen Basilrond - female Wood Elf Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion (this character is smoken', but she's been advised to quite due to 'elf reasons!)

Sir Basil Ozarian - male Imperial Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant (this character is titled, but not entitled!)
  • Vizjun
    Vizjun
    What error? Isn't the new feature of the game?
  • Kamahl
    Kamahl
    I am having this error
  • Tekkitty
    Tekkitty
    I know that when I opened the launcher I expected a patch but nothing ever downloaded. Then when I try to connect I keep getting the login timeout with Error 301(3:1:1223:90098). Maybe the patch was small and went fast or maybe there is no correlation but I thought it should be mentioned.
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    All I did that fixed this problem was; deleting the current ESO shortcut and running eso through the programs and creating a new shortcut. With the new shortcut I am able to play without any problem. Might be different for you guys but try opeing ESO through the programs.
  • Ozziefly
    Ozziefly
    Tekkitty wrote: »
    I know that when I opened the launcher I expected a patch but nothing ever downloaded. Then when I try to connect I keep getting the login timeout with Error 301(3:1:1223:90098). Maybe the patch was small and went fast or maybe there is no correlation but I thought it should be mentioned.

Exactly my thoughts... I have repaired i have searched... im still out of the loop as to why i cant play.. im having the same errors as you
  • SavageLight
    I don't even get an Error Code. I just get Login Error: Incorrect Login Information. This is annoying.
  • pwnzerfigz
    I'm experiencing the same issue as well.
  • Wreaken
    Wreaken
    ✭✭✭
    Basil_oz wrote: »
    You will find that the launcher hasn't updated.

Go back to the launcher, click the option immediately above the messages in the middle and click Update.

That will allow you to log in.

I had the same issue. That fixed it.

That didn't work for me, however what did work for me was closing down the launcher and reopening until it started the download for the new build.

Now I am getting Error 209 - PatchManifestError_VersionFail. Running the repair tool after that fixed it for me and I was able to log in.

Seriously ZOS, you need to start getting your act together, your login and server stability issues need to be number one priority now, people are not going to put up with this much longer before you start driving people away.
    Edited by Wreaken on April 16, 2014 12:10AM

Taemek Frozenberg, Leader of <Epoch Gaming>
    Oceanic - Australia
  • addeez2000ub17_ESO
    addeez2000ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Still having issues logging in...even after doing the update.
  • Tekkitty
    Tekkitty
    All I did that fixed this problem was; deleting the current ESO shortcut and running eso through the programs and creating a new shortcut. With the new shortcut I am able to play without any problem. Might be different for you guys but try opeing ESO through the programs.

I did as suggested and opened from the program location and it is now updating with the patch. I hope this helps someone else.

• Abominog
    Abominog
    Soooo has anyone got a fix for this error - Fix your DAMN launcher will yuh
  • madmud
    madmud
    so tried repair 4 times tried starting from files tried rebooting internet pc and brain still cant get on tried kicking cat for got didn't have shoes on and got toe stuck in cats ass. even that hasn't worked 2 hours of trying and frustration time to go back to Planetside 2.
  • Basil_oz
    Basil_oz
    ✭✭✭
    Wreaken wrote: »
    Now I am getting Error 209 - PatchManifestError_VersionFail. Running the repair tool after that fixed it for me and I was able to log in.

Yep. I was able to log in, but after logging out again I got the same version error that you had. I have run the repair and it seems to have fixed it, but I haven't had a chance to re-log back in to see if it's OK (work gets in the way. Damn work!!!)

I'm hoping that I'll sail into Tamriel without incident once I get home this evening.
    NA Mega-server
    Basilthwaite - male Nord Templar Ebonheart Pact (unwittingly looks like Hulk Hogan. Trying to find some bright gold breeches to match the persona.)

Arwen Basilrond - female Wood Elf Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion (this character is smoken', but she's been advised to quite due to 'elf reasons!)

Sir Basil Ozarian - male Imperial Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant (this character is titled, but not entitled!)
  • Kamahl
    Kamahl
    I ran the repair tool and got an error, re ran the repair tool after that and it worked. I can now log in. had to run repair twice for it to work was my fix.