Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

• Aenima_pt
    Aenima_pt
    ✭✭✭
    For those still having problems with the launcher, try re-download the launcher from you ESO account.
    Options
  • thejadefalcon
    thejadefalcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UK too (on NA server), just fixed my 209 errors, got a log in timeout.
    Options
  • jordwrightF45b16_ESO
    Huh.. well that's that theory out the window.
    Any more idea's people?
    Options
  • rsanidad_ESO
    Logins timing out is normally due to not having the most up-to-date client. Try closing out of the client and launcher completely and then reopening the launcher.

Once you've done that, allow the launcher to patch completely. If the launcher does not automatically apply the patch, run the repair option. Instructions on repairing the launcher can be found here. If this doesn't solve this issue, please let us know!

Did the repair option and let it finished doing its thing, still timing out.

Options
  • Don_X
    Don_X
    Soul Shriven
    trying the last resort now...re-install
    Options
  • qwertyburnsb16_ESO
    qwertyburnsb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Repair doesn't work either FFS!
    Options
  • jordwrightF45b16_ESO
    Don_X you'll be playing tomorrow then lol
    Options
  • AshenShugar
    I opened the launcher with "Run as Administrator" and it started the patch. Let me log in right away.

Remember, the key word here is...

"Run as Administrator"
    Options
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ok i'm having the exact same problem, and from what i can tell its just UK players experiencing these issues. Correct me if i'm wrong? but from talking with guildies on TS only us UK players are getting these issues. Tried everything and im still getting the rolling login sign and then error 301...
    You're wrong=x

Russia here.
    Options
  • Kazarr
    Kazarr
    I opened the launcher with "Run as Administrator" and it started the patch. Let me log in right away.

"Run as Administrator"

It makes no difference to me. Still coming up as 'complete' when I know there's a patch to download.
    Options
  • jordwrightF45b16_ESO
    What he said
    Options
  • P_O_G_57b16_ESO
    P_O_G_57b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven

"Run as Administrator"

fixed it for me, thanks and im from UK also

Options
  • nom-db16_ESO
    I can log into EU no problem but when I log into NA which is where I usually play it appears to be working but then Times Out. There are no error codes. I have done the 'Delete Versions' fix but that didn't work. I have used other peoples version files, that made it worse so reverted to mine. Have completely deleted the Launcher and re-installed it (Takes about 5 minutes) that didn't work. I tried running as Admininstrator and that didn't work.

No error codes it just times out.
    Edited by nom-db16_ESO on April 15, 2014 10:13PM
    Options
  • Thepal
    Thepal
    ✭✭
    Repair just worked for me (the .version thing in another thread didn't)
    Options
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am getting log in timeouts too. It worked fine just yesterday but I know they did maintenance while I slept so I am guessing that is to blame for the problem. I am running the repair and hoping it fixes it.

Well I finished the repair twice, 'cause the first one had a manifest error but I just pressed the repair button until it worked. It repaired and now I am logged in after a long loading time. I hope the problem is fixed and stays fixed.
    Edited by Brittany_Joy on April 15, 2014 10:36PM
    Options
  • Kazarr
    Kazarr
    Im spamming repair but nothing so far.
    Options
  • Fatalyis
    Fatalyis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup....log in timed out....downloaded no patch....
    Options
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm having the same issue
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
    Options
  • jordwrightF45b16_ESO
    Ok guy's so i'm currently trying this.. i ran the game as administrator and tried a repair. I then received the error code 209, following the instructions of this post

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/639670/#Comment_639670
    I'm currently re-patching and it's gonna take a while, hopefully this works.
    Options
  • Killswitche
    This is such *** I can never log into the game half the time. What a waste.
    Options
  • nicodiemus
    nicodiemus
    Soul Shriven
    Yes i did the part were we download the new patch. That worked! i logged in, had to restart computer. Now the launcher tells error 209, i need to repair. but when i repair i get the same error 209. I cant repair or log in...
    Options
  • jakedsnake
    jakedsnake
    Soul Shriven
    Ok guy's so i'm currently trying this.. i ran the game as administrator and tried a repair. I then received the error code 209, following the instructions of this post

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/639670/#Comment_639670
    I'm currently re-patching and it's gonna take a while, hopefully this works.

this thread is for people who can't get the launcher to update, your link is for another issue
    Edited by jakedsnake on April 15, 2014 10:40PM
    Options
  • Kevinmon
    Kevinmon
    ✭✭✭✭
    My login is timing out. Zenimax please fix!
    Options
  • jordwrightF45b16_ESO
    Actually this thread is for people getting log in time outs. I was getting those and could not find a fix, doing this method has at least kick started something.
    Options
  • VileIntent
    VileIntent
    ✭✭✭✭
    i am getting these time outs as well. NA server. trying repair now.

UPDATE: ok, i did a repair. But some of the guildies are talking about my old beta shortcut i was still using was broken. So, i also went in and created a new shortcut and set its properties to run as administrator. I hope this helps any one else. I am in game now. Good Luck
    Edited by VileIntent on April 15, 2014 11:04PM
    Options
  • esukf
    esukf
    Ok, here how I got mine to work.

Note I from the UK but play on the NA servers. I recommend you backup your entire ESO game directory before you try this.

It appears some of zenimax's launcher.bethesda.net servers aren't working properly.

As per this reddit post http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/234c5r/login_time_out/cgtavta, I pointed launcher.bethesda.net to a known working server in my windows hosts file.

What you need to do is open notepad as administrator and open the hosts file location at C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

Add the following line to the end of the file:

54.243.115.56 launcher.bethesda.net

Save the file and start the ESO launcher. It should start to patch.

Now when you login, you will get the following:

Error 103 (4:1:1278:0)
    Your account permission do not currently entitle you to access this server.

To fix this problem first close the launcher.

Backup the following 4 .version files:

c:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher\Bethesda.net_Launcher.version
    c:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\depot\depot.version
    c:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\game_player.version
    c:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\vo_en\vo_en.version

Delete the 4 files and start the ESO launcher.

The launcher should now show INSTALL instead of PLAY. DO NOT CLICK INSTALL.

Close the Launcher.

Copy back the 4 files to their original location.

Start the launcher, it should start downloading some stuff.

Click PLAY once complete and you should now be able to login.

Once you'll able to login, remember to remove the launcher.bethesda.net line from the windows hosts!!
    Options
  • Kazarr
    Kazarr
    I've heard from Customer Support about it, here's the reply:

Greetings Adventurer,

We are sorry that you are experiencing issues with the launcher. This issue is currently being investigated and we hope to have a solution available soon. We humbly ask that you remain patient while we work to resolve this issue.
    Options
  • qwertyburnsb16_ESO
    qwertyburnsb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Kazarr wrote: »
    I've heard from Customer Support about it, here's the reply:

Greetings Adventurer,

We are sorry that you are experiencing issues with the launcher. This issue is currently being investigated and we hope to have a solution available soon. We humbly ask that you remain patient while we work to resolve this issue.

I requested a phone call back 2 hours ago, now it's bedtime. I'm reinstalling the game and their customer support is absolute crap. Makes wonder why I'm bothering any more with this game.
    Options
  • Hookgrin
    Hookgrin
    ✭✭✭
    I did Run as Administrator, had to close and reopen the launcher a few times but it eventually started downloading the patch and it worked.
    Options
  • SapperStew
    SapperStew
    ✭✭
    When re-installing the nearly 23 gigabyte game is a more timely solution than waiting on the developers to push out a fix to the patcher that they broke during a patch that ran 6 hours longer than scheduled due to something they broke while patching- you pretty much realize that you have very little faith in Zenimax to do anything correctly, or in a timely manner.
    Options