The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Please Develop an Auction House

Bdev1031b14_ESO
We need a Auction House, Player Bazaars or something. Id rather be questing and exploring then having to spam Zone with my items.
Edited by Bdev1031b14_ESO on April 15, 2014 5:04PM
  • OrrynZyst
    OrrynZyst
    This isn't really an Auction House but there is an Add-On on esoui.com that allows you to use a search feature at the guild store when you're at a bank. Allows you to type in what you are looking for or at least some part of it and it will pull up ALL available items between all the guilds you are in that have the item in there guild store.
  • Bdev1031b14_ESO
    I understand the Guild Store, But i would rather have a public AH to browse through then just limited to who ever is in your guild(s). I would even be happy, if it is just a Zone AH for each area of the game placed in regions capital. Then you have an idea of where to search for specified Mats for crafting, would also stabilize the economy of the game with sales history. Because i could be in a guild buying Honing stones for 150G each, but another guild that i'm not in could be selling for 50G each.
    Edited by Bdev1031b14_ESO on April 15, 2014 5:30PM
  • Paithan
    Paithan
    ✭✭
    i would agree with the need for a single npc AH. although looking at the ah that exists tells me that it was a late thought with limited dev time and added late in the beta. you can't search for traits, sometimes you can't search at all, sometimes you can't see or change which guild you're looking at.... it's riddled with bugs in it's current form.
  • reddog1948
    reddog1948
    ✭✭
    I agree an AH would be helpful. I feel that the professions are a MAJOR step up from WOW and all of the other MOGs that I have played. The ability to craft items that are as good or better then looted gives the individual player an incentive to work on the professions. But just building for yourself limits that incentive and I fully agree I don't want to be a "Spammer" yelling out that I have something to sell.
    One other option that might work is being able to set up a "shop" something along the lines of Entropia. I suppose that the Gold farmers would flock to such an option. I have the feeling that the benefits of an individual's shop might out way the downside of encouraging the Gold farmers. The ability to offer individualized crafted items would sure fit well into the overall "feel" of the game as a "real life" adventure. I know that I find the challenge to find and build new items a real part of my enjoyment of the game.
  • wizardhood2003
    Selling Lamination Sword 1500 plat at 3rd torch. PST.
  • MysticAura
    MysticAura
    ✭✭✭
    Thread #20 on this topic (at least). I still say it's a step forward to not have a market driven by an AH which people destroy in the matter of months by selling below costs and forcing others to do the same to compete. AH would also encourage gold sellers to do even more bot harvesting and farming.

It could be nice if guilds would have public stores in town. I kind of like that each guild will create and maintain their own markets though. One not being destroyed by anothers lack of foresight into the result of their actions on a market.

If you want something, join a trading guild, go out and actually find what you want or make what you want. You have options. Instant gratification with no effort doesn't have to be the way of the world.
  • Jerek77
    Jerek77
    only if its like an actual auction, bids only.
  • Evolpeac_ESO
    In my opinion I think that having NO server wide AH is genius. By fracturing sales and distribution it's encouraging crafting to be more widespread. Everyone can make a profit if they find the right guilds and they work together in their own micro economy. No major AH all but eliminates major market fluctuations from other games. If one guilds market prices get out of hand they'll bleed members until its been corrected. Eventually there will most likely be 10-20 major guilds that could be considered big AH guilds - the more the merrier kinda stuff. Mixed with addons that help you search all guild markets at the same time it'll be pretty close to what you're wanting I'm sure. Pick and choose the community of like minded adventurers and become a part of the guild instead of some random AH that can crash and cause an economic disaster for the entire server.
    "Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do." - Benjamin Franklin
  • Bdev1031b14_ESO
    Honestly i don't like the fact that i have to have 5 guilds just so i can have access to a market place to buy stuff. So i'll leave it at that and i do hope the devs develop something better and maybe take a few ideas from other MMO's.
  • LilBudyWizerub17_ESO
    I like that idea. An interface someone can bring up showing what you have available for sale and prices. There's no server storage for addon so you can't do an auction house. It has to be an exchange of data between two clients. Just getting a channel going would be a good start.
    My Guild - Anvil
  • Aicilef
    Aicilef
    ✭✭
    I 100% agree, it was a bad, bad decision to fraction the market so small. You can only trade with a group of -like- 3,000 people (5x500 people int he guilds and 500 in zone or so).

That is way, way, way too low to have a decent market.

And in a month every guild will loose half of it's players and it's always hard to merge guilds, so your trade circle will even become much smaller.

It's a train wreck, waiting to happen.

Seriously, reverse the decision about the small trade circle, it's a bad decision and it's handicapping your game.
  • Tieberion
    Tieberion
    ✭✭✭
    Come on DEV's, you know you want too. After seeing how the game is working, it really does need a universal AH, or a faction based AH.
  • TurkeyBurgers
    TurkeyBurgers
    ✭✭
    Every player in the game is all on one gigantic omega super server.

Having all hundred thousand of us share one single Auction House would be disastrous. Even a faction auction house could be economically ruinous.

There would be ten thousand racial books for sale and everyone would undercut into the realm of oblivion.

That is why the auction houses are spread out across guilds.
    Edited by TurkeyBurgers on April 16, 2014 10:50PM
  • Abigail
    Abigail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand the developers' philosophy is auction houses deter a sense of community. That said, I've NEVER felt so isolated from "the community" simply because there is no auction house.

Far as I'm concerned, ESO's current trade system is a complete fail on all accounts. Aside from the developers' complete inability to restore my lost bank slots it's the prime reason I shall not be restoring my subscription. I love the game in almost all aspects, but no auction house and 60 bank slots are absolute show stoppers for me.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeap , totally support this notion with you OP.

With some luck we will see this ingame still.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Aicilef
    Aicilef
    ✭✭

Having all hundred thousand of us share one single Auction House would be disastrous. Even a faction auction house could be economically ruinous.

That's not true GW2 does it, one AH across all servers, that connects all players. Worked well.

• Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vocal minority speaking up again. Wouldn't be surprised if the devs gave in at some point.
  • Daendur
    Daendur
    ✭✭✭
    Orchish wrote: »
    Vocal minority speaking up again. Wouldn't be surprised if the devs gave in at some point.
    Which is the point in not having it ?

Gw2's AH is really well made. Just copy it.

• Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion I think that having NO server wide AH is genius. By fracturing sales and distribution it's encouraging crafting to be more widespread. Everyone can make a profit if they find the right guilds and they work together in their own micro economy. No major AH all but eliminates major market fluctuations from other games. If one guilds market prices get out of hand they'll bleed members until its been corrected. Eventually there will most likely be 10-20 major guilds that could be considered big AH guilds - the more the merrier kinda stuff. Mixed with addons that help you search all guild markets at the same time it'll be pretty close to what you're wanting I'm sure. Pick and choose the community of like minded adventurers and become a part of the guild instead of some random AH that can crash and cause an economic disaster for the entire server.

If everyone is leveling up crafting, then the amount of goods is actually more limited because all those ppl can just craft for themselves instead of crafting for profit. And if everyone is doing crafting, well most anyways, then the amount of profit is then lessened because of that. Thus lowering the value of the goods being crafted or looted. What a lot of ppl seem to overlook is that NOT having an AH is doing more harm to the economy in this game than having one. Cause in this case, the limited supply doesn't equal better profits, simply because most can just craft the things themselves.

Having an AH is an instant gratification thing. If ppl see that they can buy an item, instead of having to spend time leveling a crafting toon, more goods are going to be sold. As it is right now, these items are only being sold to a limited amount of ppl that are in a guild with a guild store. Limiting the amount of actual profit, whereas with an AH, those items will be available to everyone.

Edited by Cydone on April 18, 2014 9:06AM
  • vandefanel
    vandefanel
    ✭✭

There would be ten thousand racial books for sale and everyone would undercut into the realm of oblivion.

That is why the auction houses are spread out across guilds.

This.
  • drowadin
    drowadin
    ✭✭
    No auction house will do nothing but make greed and gold saleing more abused thx
  • Vantor
    Vantor
    ✭✭✭
    Well, if the bots and goldsellers could be swiftly taken care of i wouldn't mind having a global(serverwide) auctionhouse. I couldn't care less about undercutting issues. If i'm desperately searching for an item i like to have the option to find it easily.
    Edited by Vantor on April 18, 2014 1:21PM
    Invictus EU Guild Officer
  • Jonnymorrow
    Jonnymorrow
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree, I'd rather gold and items mean something. An auction house on a megaserver is going to devalue everything and gold will be worthless.

I dont mind abit of zone selling if someone is spamming just ignore them.
    Edited by Jonnymorrow on April 18, 2014 1:36PM
  • Sut4sueb17_ESO
    I disagree agree, I'd rather gold and items mean something. An auction house on a megaserver is going to devalue everything and gold will be worthless.

I dont mind abit of zone selling if someone is spamming just ignore them.

What that guy said.
    You shouldn't use ah to sell every crap item u've found. Use vendor or break them down. Sell the ones that are really good for a fair price and they will disappear in no time.

I think Guild Store wasn't supposed to be like AH, it was supposed to be used to sell guildies items that would benefit them for a low cost. More like a guild bank but for rarer stuff. Not for profit, but for helping each other out.

All the trade guilds we have now are working on other mechanism: bunch of strangers trying to rip off each other and make some coin. I like that too, cause you can make profit of that :P
  • Vantor
    Vantor
    ✭✭✭
    I think Guild Store wasn't supposed to be like AH, it was supposed to be used to sell guildies items that would benefit them for a low cost. More like a guild bank but for rarer stuff. Not for profit, but for helping each other out.

All the trade guilds we have now are working on other mechanism: bunch of strangers trying to rip off each other and make some coin. I like that too, cause you can make profit of that :P

Unfortunately you are correct. Hence the reason i prefer a globalised auction house. Guild Store is already not working as intended.
    Edited by Vantor on April 18, 2014 1:35PM
  • spudgun1971
    spudgun1971
    Soul Shriven
    Im pro global auction house, it seems its only the trading guild LEADERS who are grasping to hold on to the present system. Remember they receive 10% on every transaction 500 guildies with numerous listings wow really adds up.
  • spudgun1971
    spudgun1971
    Soul Shriven
    Im pro global auction house, it seems its only the trading guild LEADERS who are grasping to hold on to the present system. Remember they receive 10% on every transaction 500 guildies with numerous listings wow really adds up.
  • Vantor
    Vantor
    ✭✭✭

That is completely and utterly untrue (unless they stealth patched it).
    Edited by Vantor on April 18, 2014 1:51PM
  • Xenrae
    Xenrae
    ✭✭
    That you might not be able to sell a racial motif for 2k is not a good reason to avoid this. Some folks play an MMO for the very reason of manipulating the market. That's what they get out of the game. So? As it stands, nobody will buy the potions I make, the combat food I make, so I give it away or vendor. So, I'm spending hours gathering mats - that I can't sell - to craft things I can't sell. Where is the good in that?

MMO economies have thrived with an AH system for years. The amount of time we have to spend farming and spamming chat with sales is very definitely taking something out of the game.

EDIT: Let's not forget, 17 or 42k for a horse, and nowhere to sell things to make the money for one. And the guy who broke his back researching and leveling blacksmithing? I have no money to buy his work, either.
    Edited by Xenrae on April 18, 2014 1:52PM
  • kawazu874b16_ESO
    We need a Auction House, Player Bazaars or something. Id rather be questing and exploring then having to spam Zone with my items.

Join trading guilds, they're here for that. If you can talk to people in forums you can talk to them in game. If you were in 3 or more guilds you already would've seen that this system is far better just because of pricing competition (the basics for a sane market economy).