Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Fantastic Game... But I feel alone.

• Marmalade
    Marmalade
    ✭✭✭
    Nameplats?
    I'm now able to tell the difference between friend and foe in PvP without the use of giant colourful nameplates. Because I've adapted to notice character features instead. Whoa.

I think you have missed the point. I do not have trouble distinguishing enemies its more for own faction organization.
    Difficult, Difficult, Lemon Difficult.
  • luckyjoemcb14_ESO
    luckyjoemcb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    there are certain things that this game just needs to do.

I totally get what they're trying to do in keep true to TES series, and i appreciate it, really i do.

HOWEVER, some things just need to be in this game, and the hardcore fans just need to suck it up and sacrifice some authenticity for better playability / economic features. The reality is THIS IS NOT A SINGLE PLAYER GAME. This game needs to push player interactions. Player names, whether as a toggle setting or static should be there. A public AH is needed to push the games economy forward, no player should be forced to guild just to buy items...it was an interesting thought in theory, but as a practice, is far from practical.

No one is suggesting turn this into another game, or strip the game of its TES roots, but, there are certain features that should be in an MMO. this game is turning features that need to be open to all players into a semi-private / restricted venue.

no on is saying a guild store can't be there, but if you know ANYTHING about selling an item, your whole thought process should be having that item reach as many people as possible...having 5 guild stores reaching a limited amount of people is FAR less efficient than 1 store reaching everybody. IF you're a crafter wanting to make gold, you should prefer the second option every single time because it's far more exposure.

the uber fan blinders need to come off, and compromises need to be made to make this game the success we ALL want it to be. there is no reason an trade house / public commerce center takes away from the game.

the game has merchants that can sell to everyone, players can't? makes 0 sense. adding a common feature among all MMO's to this, doesn't push it in one direction or the other, this game still has PLENTY OF ITS OWN IDENTITY to distinguish it.

I have to admit here that the AH is bottom of my list of things I want to stay as is. I get why people want one I truly do, I dont like AH because it generally leads to bloated economy and high prices on basic things, but it also makes alting not as big of a pain in the arse. I would like to think that Zeni will give the Trade guild thing some time to grow and maybe make some improvements such as allowing Trade guilds to set up market stalls that allows the public to buy from them ( One large guild store , rather than individual player stalls) That way belonging to a trade guild comes with some perks other than just the 500 or so members you may have access to.
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ugh.

I feel crowded.

There's so many darn people in the game that 99% of bosses, public dungeons, Dark Anchors, ect. get completely zerged down.

I'm tired of seeing 50 people standing on the banker.

They need to cut the number of people down by like 1/3rd.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Marmalade
    Marmalade
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why the didnt just implement 'Trading Inc' as a guild along side Mages guild and Fighters guild. You can level up your trading skill line by making trades, buy and selling and being active on the auction house. This can then unlock perks like reduced listing fees, and auction house cut fees and become part of the game as SOME people like to play the auction house as a large part of an mmo.

Maybe as the previous poster said a perk could be access to the A/H from a stool you set up on the go and people can visit it out in Tamriel and you get a tiny % of the listing fee or purchase fee.

Have a auction house but make it better.
    Difficult, Difficult, Lemon Difficult.
  • scruffycavetroll
    scruffycavetroll
    ✭✭✭
    there are certain things that this game just needs to do.

I totally get what they're trying to do in keep true to TES series, and i appreciate it, really i do.

HOWEVER, some things just need to be in this game, and the hardcore fans just need to suck it up and sacrifice some authenticity for better playability / economic features. The reality is THIS IS NOT A SINGLE PLAYER GAME. This game needs to push player interactions. Player names, whether as a toggle setting or static should be there. A public AH is needed to push the games economy forward, no player should be forced to guild just to buy items...it was an interesting thought in theory, but as a practice, is far from practical.

No one is suggesting turn this into another game, or strip the game of its TES roots, but, there are certain features that should be in an MMO. this game is turning features that need to be open to all players into a semi-private / restricted venue.

no on is saying a guild store can't be there, but if you know ANYTHING about selling an item, your whole thought process should be having that item reach as many people as possible...having 5 guild stores reaching a limited amount of people is FAR less efficient than 1 store reaching everybody. IF you're a crafter wanting to make gold, you should prefer the second option every single time because it's far more exposure.

the uber fan blinders need to come off, and compromises need to be made to make this game the success we ALL want it to be. there is no reason an trade house / public commerce center takes away from the game.

the game has merchants that can sell to everyone, players can't? makes 0 sense. adding a common feature among all MMO's to this, doesn't push it in one direction or the other, this game still has PLENTY OF ITS OWN IDENTITY to distinguish it.

I have to admit here that the AH is bottom of my list of things I want to stay as is. I get why people want one I truly do, I dont like AH because it generally leads to bloated economy and high prices on basic things, but it also makes alting not as big of a pain in the arse. I would like to think that Zeni will give the Trade guild thing some time to grow and maybe make some improvements such as allowing Trade guilds to set up market stalls that allows the public to buy from them ( One large guild store , rather than individual player stalls) That way belonging to a trade guild comes with some perks other than just the 500 or so members you may have access to.

the current system is more conducive to price gouging since there is less competition / fewer people viewing your items.

Guilds are capped at 500 people right? join 5 guilds, that's only 2500 people that could see your item, versus a public AH that would have it seen by at least twice that number.

the whole concept of MMo's is to have large amounts of people interacting with each other...not this sectioning off, it's like high school.
    Edited by scruffycavetroll on April 15, 2014 2:28PM
  • luckyjoemcb14_ESO
    luckyjoemcb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Actually I think since you can only list an item on one Guild store at a time you are limited in to the 500 people in one guild. Again I understand the desire, I would just like to see it work..differently. But then again the current guild system needs a fair bit of tweaking anyway.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marmalade wrote: »
    Nameplats?
    I'm now able to tell the difference between friend and foe in PvP without the use of giant colourful nameplates. Because I've adapted to notice character features instead. Whoa.

I think you have missed the point. I do not have trouble distinguishing enemies its more for own faction organization.
    If you target somebody you get their name, nameplates simply make it easier to remember, this is more important in PvP as you might have multiple raid groups in action.
    Enemies are marked anyway and you don't care about their names :)

More annoying if account and character name is different that confuses me a lot.
    Having nameplates with character names will not help, for people with stupid account names it will be an double insult.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Anastasia
    Anastasia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Name plates would add to lag :(
  • Rastafariel
    Rastafariel
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone is feeling alone and is looking for more RP feel free to check out the Dragon Tears Guild under the RP Guilds section of this website or our site:
    www.dragontears.boards.net

You can also send me a PM here, I check them daily.

Ras
    A Dragon's Tear has many mystical qualities...
    dragontears.boards.net
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually there are something i would point out (please cement)

Guilds:
    -Make guild bank across all your guilds
    -Lower the listening prices (just forces people to use chat to sell)
    -Future options (much to improve here and contribute for guilds)

UI:
    -Option for name tags ON/OFF (personally i don't want it but its an option)
    -See other players items (armor/rings/weapons)

Dungeons:
    -Not going to comment since last patch i did 2 dungeons without campers and the option not to carry 2 of same blue item is great. Nice ESO guys!!

Customize:
    -Make gear look like other gear you picked up (same type)
    -Some paint die options (not strong colors but a simple touch)
    -Future Motifs (for instance drooped sets look)(not attributes)

Other:
    -Please make lower lv mobs drop something (at least 1g or something)
  • hurricane198
    a nameplate would be awesome with your title embedded in it, whats the use of a title if you cant be proud to show it around the world. I agree that 1 guild would be awesome so the rivalry is present that you want to be the best guild ever.

Also a AH would be super awesome. spended a lot of time in the AH in WoW feels good to get rich
    When we talk, we tell what we know, when we listen we learn something new
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    but I'm now able to tell the difference between friend and foe in PvP without the use of giant colourful nameplates. Because I've adapted to notice character features instead. Whoa.

Really? With many players using a race outside of its originally intended faction? I don't think so; you observe the big yellow/red/blue icon above their heads.