Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Buttheads killing vampire spawns

wraithguknub18_ESO
wraithguknub18_ESO
✭✭✭
There has to be some kind of change for this. I mean over a week now and every single time I get a vampire spawn. Some buttheads come along and kill it before I get a chance. Within a second or two. All because they want to keep charging for vampire bites. Its very frustrating.

If Im wrong for mentioning this please tell me.
  • JJDrakken
    JJDrakken
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. As I defer you to this post on my thoughts
    Leader of Oblivion Crisis. Bunch of Daedric Worshiping MF's. We'll Bang Ok.
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not everybody who kills a bloodsucker does it to have people pay for the bites. There are, in fact, good reasons to kill a vampire whenever it shows up.
    Some might be RP related (e.g. playing a vampire hunter/worshipper of Arkay), some people will use the vampire for fighters guild exp, etc. All of these reasons are just as valid as your desire to get bitten.
    There are also enough players offering the bite for free...
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • JJDrakken
      JJDrakken
      ✭✭✭
      Who are these peeps offering free bits on the Pact side?

I cannot find them :)
      Leader of Oblivion Crisis. Bunch of Daedric Worshiping MF's. We'll Bang Ok.
    • Ariane
      Ariane
      ✭✭✭
      "I am not an Argonian. I am a crocodile"
    • mercenaryaieb17_ESO
      I see nothing wrong with people killing vampires for any of reasons stated above. Including cases where kill is made with intention to keep vampire/ww numbers at bay and limit access to their powers.

In fact, I hope this trend continues, so that vampire/ww population remains rare. Like daedric armor, these skill lines should be goals to strive for (instead of becoming a casual feature every character can achieve without effort).

Also, I think this vampire/ww-killing (and limits on sharing dark gifts) fits the lore and world setting nicely.

Regardless, I wish you luck in becoming a vampire. The hard effort will pay off!
    • Kendaric
      Kendaric
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      JJDrakken wrote: »

I see them in zone chat at times, also ask around in one of your guilds, you may get lucky.
      There was also someone offering to turn people for free in another thread about the topic.
        PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
      • thilog
        thilog
        ✭✭✭
        I see nothing wrong with people killing vampires for any of reasons stated above. Including cases where kill is made with intention to keep vampire/ww numbers at bay and limit access to their powers.

In fact, I hope this trend continues, so that vampire/ww population remains rare. Like daedric armor, these skill lines should be goals to strive for (instead of becoming a casual feature every character can achieve without effort).

Also, I think this vampire/ww-killing (and limits on sharing dark gifts) fits the lore and world setting nicely.

Regardless, I wish you luck in becoming a vampire. The hard effort will pay off!

So you're basically saying you have no issue with players being ignorant of another players desire to have harmless fun.

There is NO excuse for this, from an rp point of view or any thing else. It's being done purely in spite. If you are alone and a vamp spawns.. then it's your vamp to do with as you like, if there's players there who want to get bitten.. it's your obligation as an intelligent helpful gamer to let them. Do otherwise and you're no worse than a botter or gold seller imo.

• tripiseanb14_ESO
        tripiseanb14_ESO
        ✭✭✭
        I totally agree with @mercenaryaieb17_ESO. This is an MMO, it is competitive. A guild or group should be able to camp a resource, for whatever reason they want. If it is to protect their profit stream, then good for them.
        There is no reason that everything has to be fair. In fact, it is fair, you have every ability to kill these mobs that they do. Do it fast, be better than they are.

You wouldn't complain on the forums of Call of Duty because someone killed you every time you tried to capture the flag, would you? No, because no one is exploiting, and it is a competitive game.

If they are exploiting, hacking, cheating, then hang them up. But, if they are camping a node, or camping a mob, then either let them have it or take it from them, don't whine about it until someone changes the rules.
      • stylernaku
        stylernaku
        ✭✭✭
        Um hang on, where exactly have you had a vamp spawn since Tuesday last week? If this is on Eu i'd be incredibly surprised as troops of us have been out, everyday since then for each night cycle between 9am to 12 am and not a single vamp spawn has happened.

Last known spawn of vamps was I think the actual week of release. Since then it's been WW and WW only.

There's one of three things going on here:

1. You're on a US server (so why is EU being left out???)
        2. There's certain instances/shards whatever not spawning
        3. you're mistaken that it was a blood fiend spawn and it was just a generic vampire random spawn (there's plenty of vampires that spawn in high level areas).

The only other conclusion aside from what I've mentioned is you're trolling.

I'll add further since the admins said they were looking into this it seems the cease of Vampire spawns has happened. I don't think this is a coincidence!
        Edited by stylernaku on April 16, 2014 1:18AM
      • marderforhire
        marderforhire
        ✭✭
        I totally agree with @mercenaryaieb17_ESO. This is an MMO, it is competitive. A guild or group should be able to camp a resource, for whatever reason they want. If it is to protect their profit stream, then good for them.
        There is no reason that everything has to be fair. In fact, it is fair, you have every ability to kill these mobs that they do. Do it fast, be better than they are.

You wouldn't complain on the forums of Call of Duty because someone killed you every time you tried to capture the flag, would you? No, because no one is exploiting, and it is a competitive game.

If they are exploiting, hacking, cheating, then hang them up. But, if they are camping a node, or camping a mob, then either let them have it or take it from them, don't whine about it until someone changes the rules.

I agree this entitlement attitude is what's wrong with the world today. I had no issue finding a werewolf spawn and getting bitten. It takes a bit of work try it sometime instead of whining on the forum for them to "nerf" something that's not broke.
      • stylernaku
        stylernaku
        ✭✭✭
        NO sorry I don't agree with this at all. People have realized they can do the following:

A:kill rare spawn so the result is B: Prevent public access and control game content for monetary value.

I've heard people asking for paypal payments now, YEAH that's right, real money.

Look, I don't know how this can be fixed it's a tricky one, but make no mistake, this is a slippery slope here. This is trend which comes from games like EVE. now that's a sand box game, struggle for territory and game content is encouraged, that has spawned a mentality however of almost a vague sense of bullying (or at the very least compelling you to have no work around but pay them to play that part of the game in some way).

This aforementioned mentality is from the same school of bots camping to sell game currency, trolling, and ultimately grieving.

I would be highly suspicious of anyone justifying this behavior in a game, and my instinct would be to think they are justifying their own actions, and have taken part in being part of this problem in some way.

For all of us who wanted to experience this part of the game, it's been ruined by the type of players who exploit and scam a game's soul to death. They are a cancerous disease who will butcher the heart of each game and then move on, it won't stop with vamp or werewolf spawns, anything similar to this and they will do the same (take invisible farming bots who take all the nodes in an area for crafting).

This spawn camping is on the surface a small matter, (hey if you don't want ww or vamp what does it matter to you right?) but look a little more closely and it's just the tip of a very ugly fad in every mmorpg recently.

If it was a rare high level boss with either excellent crafting material found no where else or gear of some sort, I think you would be singing a different tune aside from your moral high ground statement of "all's fair in love and mmorpg warfare"...

• kirbus
        kirbus
        ✭✭
        I know one thing for sure, you can't justify this with RP. if you could than i can scam people out of tons of gold and say I'm RPing a scam artist. If they intended this to be a fought over aspect of the game they would have stuck it in Cyrodiil and let the best fighters control it.

anyone who does this is destroying the free and open play style of elder scrolls games for other people. you are no true TES fan.
        You can have it. I don't even like sweetrolls. <Crying on Inside>
        ...Yes, someone did steal my sweetroll.
      • tripiseanb14_ESO
        tripiseanb14_ESO
        ✭✭✭
        If they are getting payments using paypal, i BELIEVE (and I'm not going to bother reading it) that is against the EULA and they should be banned. But that is only if they are trying to get real money out of something in game.

Outside of requesting real money though, they are not preventing you from enjoying game content! You can kill the mobs too, do it faster than them, round up a posse, deal more damage.

That is like saying you have the right to enjoy owning all 6 elder scrolls in Cyrodiil, and another team preventing you from getting all 6 of them is preventing you from enjoying game content that you are entitled to. You have to be better than the other players, its not a free ride.
      • mercenaryaieb17_ESO
        thilog wrote: »

So you're basically saying you have no issue with players being ignorant of another players desire to have harmless fun.

There is NO excuse for this, from an rp point of view or any thing else. It's being done purely in spite. If you are alone and a vamp spawns.. then it's your vamp to do with as you like, if there's players there who want to get bitten.. it's your obligation as an intelligent helpful gamer to let them. Do otherwise and you're no worse than a botter or gold seller imo.

Obligation? As a player, I owe nothing to you or any other random player I don't know. IF I feel like it, I can save you from a group of mobs, give buff, help with a quest/boss or leave you a chest / resource node I could loot myself. But all that are acts of kindness, not an obligation of any sort. Please keep this in mind.

For RP excuses, there are many.
        A typical vampire society in most worlds would have strict control over its size and how/who gets converted. They would consider influential (and wealthy) people as candidates, and would actively put down feral ones and those of their kin who go against the rules and bite random people. There you have it, a working RP excuse.

Anyway.

For better or for worse, Vampire/WW bites became a market. Any market is a competitive (Player-vs-Player) environment by default, and has its share of winners and losers. I see nothing wrong with that. If you are unable to compete and win in the market (whether by paying or finding the mob and outplaying the campers).. it is your problem, not market's.

What next, shall you complain that DC/AD are denying you the right to effortlessly capture castles in Cyrodiil? ;)

IF those people actually break EULA in some way - sure, Zenimax should deal with them. Competition MUST be fair and within law.
        But if they play within rules, and you keep saying they should be treated same as gold-sellers or botters, or call them griefers just because you disagree and your "I-want-it" attitude overrides any arguments of reason and logic - that's not cool.

P.S. I am in no way related to vampire/ww players or any related activity. I simply dislike entitled players who demand without making an effort, and speak my mind against them to keep the conversation balanced.
        Just so you and other reading this would remember that other opinions and arguments exist :wink:
      • JOrifice
        JOrifice
        Soul Shriven
        There is one simple, hard and fast RULE that everyone is overlooking:
        This game is a PLACE OF BUSINESS.
        You're subscription is just renting you the right to use it for a bit.
        You have a few basic Consumer rights based on the Country you live in and the one in which the Game is incorporated, but other than that, your Rights and Privileges are WHAT THE DEVELOPERS SAY THEY ARE.
        This issue will not be decided by opinions or philosophy or Lore.
        It will be decided by Management based on their Bottom Line.
        So the only question that matters here is: Which scenario keeps those Subscription Dollars coming in?
      • Ravinsild
        Ravinsild
        ✭✭✭✭
        It's the same thing as killing a rare hunter pet in World of Warcraft. It's a mob, out in the world, that is hostile and targetable.

Free target for anyone strong enough to kill it. They should not be reserved for your special purposes.

From a purely RP side of things: Vampires kill werewolf spawns to cull their numbers and Werewolves kill our spawns to cull our numbers. Then we kill each other in Cyrodiil.

Or, if you play an Evil Hunter like I do: You kill vampires, undead, werewolves and daedra because they are a plague on this world.
      • Ravinsild
        Ravinsild
        ✭✭✭✭
        stylernaku wrote: »
        NO sorry I don't agree with this at all. People have realized they can do the following:

A:kill rare spawn so the result is B: Prevent public access and control game content for monetary value.

I've heard people asking for paypal payments now, YEAH that's right, real money.

Look, I don't know how this can be fixed it's a tricky one, but make no mistake, this is a slippery slope here. This is trend which comes from games like EVE. now that's a sand box game, struggle for territory and game content is encouraged, that has spawned a mentality however of almost a vague sense of bullying (or at the very least compelling you to have no work around but pay them to play that part of the game in some way).

This aforementioned mentality is from the same school of bots camping to sell game currency, trolling, and ultimately grieving.

I would be highly suspicious of anyone justifying this behavior in a game, and my instinct would be to think they are justifying their own actions, and have taken part in being part of this problem in some way.

For all of us who wanted to experience this part of the game, it's been ruined by the type of players who exploit and scam a game's soul to death. They are a cancerous disease who will butcher the heart of each game and then move on, it won't stop with vamp or werewolf spawns, anything similar to this and they will do the same (take invisible farming bots who take all the nodes in an area for crafting).

This spawn camping is on the surface a small matter, (hey if you don't want ww or vamp what does it matter to you right?) but look a little more closely and it's just the tip of a very ugly fad in every mmorpg recently.

If it was a rare high level boss with either excellent crafting material found no where else or gear of some sort, I think you would be singing a different tune aside from your moral high ground statement of "all's fair in love and mmorpg warfare"...

Except all IS fair in love and mmorpg warfare.

There HAVE been games with rare bosses that have rare materials that players want. You know who gets them? The ones who patiently wait at the spawn and are there FIRST.

Not everyone gets the rare spirit beast pet in World of Warcraft. I myself never got King Krush the rare devilsaur. I wanted it, sure, but I never actually put much effort into it. However for other rare spawns? I parked my character there, downloaded add-ons to alert me and pulled ALL NIGHTERS and guess what happened....I got the rare pet I wanted.

Luck is very rarely a matter of "right place right time" and almost always generated from hard work and perseverance. MMO's follow a rule: If something is possible it WILL happen. It is literally in the rules to happen.

There are people who farmed that rare phoenix mount in WoW for literally YEARS. Guess what? Their diligence paid off and they own the mount. Sure some people got it first try...but most got it through doing it every single week until it happened. But it -did- happen. It was inevitable.

Until they literally remove something from the game forever it will ALWAYS be attainable. Maybe not on your "GIVE IT TO ME NOW" timetable, but it WILL happen.

Everything you -really- want in an MMO you work for and put effort in to. You want the best raid gear and all the rewards of being the best? You put in the work to defeat those dungeons, get that gear and you keep doing it until you get the items you want.

That is how MMO's work. If you want something bad enough you keep at it until it happens.
      • Rainingblood
        Rainingblood
        ✭✭✭
        If they are griefing, then prove it and report them. If they have reasons for what they are doing that are not toward griefing you, then you have zero right to complain. Do you have any evidence that they are doing it to sell bites?

FYI- You are camping a spawn in a public area. They might just have every right to be there that you do.
        Phoebe Anderson
      • Spiritreaver_ESO
        Spiritreaver_ESO
        ✭✭✭
        If they are getting payments using paypal, i BELIEVE (and I'm not going to bother reading it) that is against the EULA and they should be banned. But that is only if they are trying to get real money out of something in game.

Outside of requesting real money though, they are not preventing you from enjoying game content! You can kill the mobs too, do it faster than them, round up a posse, deal more damage.

That is like saying you have the right to enjoy owning all 6 elder scrolls in Cyrodiil, and another team preventing you from getting all 6 of them is preventing you from enjoying game content that you are entitled to. You have to be better than the other players, its not a free ride.

At the bold, no-afraid its not that simple. To catch the vampirism infection from the higher level mobs, all you have to do is be attacked a few times. You don't even have to survive the attack, i know i sure didn't when i got infected(took 6 hits to take me down!). That's it. There is zero reason to kill these mobs....unless you are trying to a)control the flow of the infection for monetary gain, b)kill them for RP reasons, or c)just to be a jerk.

a) while legitimate imo, is just ridiculous at the same time in a game like TESO where making cash is ***-easy. b) is slightly understandable but extremely selfish-yeah you get to have your fun, but at the expense of others. c) is the real kicker though imo and is usually the reason i see ppl scrambling to justify most.

I've seen tons of ppl try like hell to explain away C), the most common is 'I'm using them for kills to rank up Fighter's Guild! LAWL'. Which is just BS considering the sheer amount of undead and daedra there are to be killed in this game. But in the end it comes down to a lot just being jerks for the joy of being a jerk.

And no, i don't think ppl asking for a shot at catching vampirism( or lycanthropy for that matter) and not being forced to lvl almost to cap or being forced to pay ANY amount of cash are asking for a free ride.

I personally caught vampirism on official launch day as the culmination of months of me following down any tidbit on the subject i could on the net, sending emails, etc. And it was not easy as ppl were extremely close-mouthed as to whether vampires/werewolves were even playable options. Many ppl did not have the opportunity/drive/forethought/obsession/whatever to take steps to become a vampire i did.

As to a way to end this whole situation i have a fix that i think is rather elegant in its simplicity. Since all mobs in PvE are free to whoever wants to hit them, i say for vampire/werewolf mobs of the proper level to infect whoever engages them 100%. In addition to that, have the initial infection have a really nasty side-effect(as opposed to the benign effect of nothing attached to them now) that only goes away after a cure has been quested or the skill line is unlocked AND is re-acquirable.

Easy as that, players that want to be infected and/or are willing to suffered the horrible initial infection stage(for w/e reason) are set and jerks who are killing the spawns just for fun can go and get their fun elsewhere.
      • Zephyr
        Zephyr
        ✭✭
        It's already been said by ZoS that it is not considered griefing. Of course some people will want to keep the vamp population down, it benefits them. Some RPers, well do I even need to finish that sentence? To each their own, if you are so upset about it why don't you camp the spawns aswell?
        NA Server - Ebonheart Pact - Irisana
      • Sadae
        Sadae
        ✭✭✭
        I am amazed when people spout nonsense about "RPers". You are giving RPers a bad name then! If you've known any real RPers, they are a kind crowd and not into griefing other players under the excuse it's just roleplay.

People killing vampire and werewolf spawns are doing so for one reason only, to grief other players. The reason for the grief may vary, but it's always grief nonetheless.
      • eNumbra
        eNumbra
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Kendaric wrote: »
        Not everybody who kills a bloodsucker does it to have people pay for the bites. There are, in fact, good reasons to kill a vampire whenever it shows up.
        Some might be RP related (e.g. playing a vampire hunter/worshipper of Arkay), some people will use the vampire for fighters guild exp, etc. All of these reasons are just as valid as your desire to get bitten.
        There are also enough players offering the bite for free...

Those are all terrible reasons to kill a rare limited spawn that initiates a desireable quest line and skill tree.
      • quickgloves
        quickgloves
        ✭✭
        Kendaric wrote: »
        JJDrakken wrote: »

I see them in zone chat at times, also ask around in one of your guilds, you may get lucky.
        There was also someone offering to turn people for free in another thread about the topic.

Dont get scammed buying a bite/ or waste your time trying to beat the hunters!!
        Join one of the only and currently largest Vamp/Wolf guild designed to help players achieve the gift of darkness. We have daily free raffles for bites as well as large scouting parties to find the fiendish spawns! PM me in game @quickgloves

Creatures of the Night

Do you have the dark gift? Do you wish to embrace it? or need help with it? if so COTN is recruiting, We are the largest Vamp/Werewolf ONLY guild. also if your turning soon We have over 495+ members, We have Teamspeak/Website/Guild Events/Store/Crafting Forums/Contests/PVP/Girls/Social Events message me.(Must use Teamspeak When Online)
      • Falmer
        Falmer
        ✭✭✭✭
        They simply need to put a bloodfiend capable of infection in some small instanced cave already. This current mechanic for WW and vampires clearly isn't working.
      • BrassRazoo
        BrassRazoo
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Well I think what some people are missing here is what was intended by the developers when they introduced Vamp and WW spawns.
        Was is so people had the choice of becoming a Vamp or WW? or, was is so Vamp or WW could camp the spawns and keep the choice from others in order to make money?
      • Gisgo
        Gisgo
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Ive said it once and ill say it again.
        Add vampires/werewolves npcs in Cyrodiil dungeons, problem solved: someone will camp the vampire npcs, someone else will camp the campers, everyone will have his chance for a bite (or a stab from my swords).

Btw, are we sure there arent already vamps/ww in Cyrodiil?
        Edited by Gisgo on April 22, 2014 1:01PM
      • wayfarerb14_ESO
        wayfarerb14_ESO
        ✭✭✭
        Falmer wrote: »
        They simply need to put a bloodfiend capable of infection in some small instanced cave already. This current mechanic for WW and vampires clearly isn't working.

I ran into the bloodfiends on accident. I saw the general location in zone chat and headed for it, but they updated that someone went through and killed them all. I was disappointed to hear that, but decided I could get it another time. So I continued on my merry way looting chests and harvesting nodes when, BAM! Walked straight into a group of bloodfeinds.

They do respawn, so one jerk killing them once doesn't matter too much. Not to say I agree with it- it is a pretty **** move. And I don't agree with people camping them to kill all the spawns either (no matter the reason).

I'm just saying that as long as your timing is right, it is still possible to get infected out in the wild.
      • Valdavia
        Valdavia
        Gisgo wrote: »
        Add vampires/werewolves npcs in Cyrodiil dungeons, problem solved: someone will camp the vampire npcs, someone else will camp the campers, everyone will have his chance for a bite (or a stab from my swords).

there is an entire village of bloodfiends in cyrodill that can pass the gift. stop crying and go find em.

• Gisgo
        Gisgo
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Valdavia wrote: »
        Gisgo wrote: »

there is an entire village of bloodfiends in cyrodill that can pass the gift. stop crying and go find em.

Ah ok this gives me a new perspective on the issue.

Hey vamp wannabes, get a clue, stop getting scammed and bring your ass to Cyrodiil.

• lowlifer
        lowlifer
        Hey Gamers,

I have a vampire members only guild. It is not a RP guild. I created the guild for players interested in becoming a vampire, I initially thought there was going to be a much longer quest chain for vampires (perhaps in a future add-on) but anyone on the EU megaservers within Daggerfall Covenant are welcome to /w me in game for a join and maybe we can help you get this awesome skill line.