Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Some people are in love, some people are filled with rage

• Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    I live in the US / Play Ebonheart and I am happy
    Actually, I play all three alliances and I am mostly happy, but occasionally frustrated. If I didn't like the game, I wouldn't care about losing access to it, would I?
  • Zepheric
    Zepheric
    ✭✭✭
    I live in the US / Play Daggerfall and I am happy
    One thing I have noticed about this poll so far is that the majority of the people who have answered are happy with their game experience. What is this?! You mean not EVERYONE is having these problems. Shocker.BOOM
    Sanguine's Tester
  • Nate
    Nate
    ✭✭✭
    I live in the US / Play Ebonheart and I am happy
    I live in the US and play one character in EACH faction. I can't vote, because no multiple votes are allowed.
    That said, I'm happy with my experience so far.
    It's not been perfect or bug free, but I'm still happy.

Or you could - oh I don't know - just pick one?

Edited by Nate on April 14, 2014 12:29AM
  • Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, I think that some people just don't have a good enough rig to play this. Those with low processing CPUs or low capability GPUs will experience 10-100x more bugs and glitches than people that actually put money into their computer.

I live in China, my rig is a Q8200, 4gb RAM and a GTX 680 2gb, I run this game on max everything fine, even in cities full with people. Not tried PvP yet.

So if my rig can handle that, I think most people will be fine unless they are playing with a full 6 year old rig including the GPU.

I have noticed the instances such as wailing prison and the other return to cold harbour are really laggy, but if I log off and log in to a character in the open world then there isn't any lag. So this isn't my connection.
    Who has time? But if we never take time how can we ever have time?
  • moXrox
    moXrox
    ✭✭✭
    I live on the Mars. Sad that this poll is only for foreigners.
    Edited by moXrox on April 14, 2014 2:29AM
    Music Channel:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCQHvIypA0v70w4uu_ej8wyg/featured
    Tolkien Fantasy Music, Medieval, Pagan & Nordic Music Style
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm neither happy nor mad. I love the game, but don't see myself playing it until the bank bug is fixed.
  • Zepheric
    Zepheric
    ✭✭✭
    I live in the US / Play Daggerfall and I am happy
    moXrox wrote: »
    I live on the Mars. Sad that this poll is only for foreigners.

I don't think you read the poll correctly..

Sanguine's Tester
  • burin077
    burin077
    Soul Shriven
    I live in the US / Play Ebonheart and I am mad
    I am more disappointed rather than mad, mostly because of the lack of focus on issues that were apparent well in advance (we're talking multiple months in beta) that were never resolved. This has not only caused pain for players just getting into the game, but also those who were already here and reported these issues, feeling their input was not actually valued.

I am not holding them as accountable for lag issues, any game can have those at any time before and after launch; I am holding them accountable for the lack of attention to quests and other "selectables" in the world that should have been given fail-safes. (An example being, if an object remains in a non-usable state for too long, initialize it to its original state.)

Attention to detail like this would have helped resolve some of the bugs that are now being unearthed.

- B
    "Everyone's opinion of what is right and wrong is subjective; there is no universal right or wrong, there is only the goals and aspirations that people focus on, and those whom interfere with it."
  • Miths
    Miths
    I live outside the US / Play Aldmeri and I am happy
    To be honest, I think that some people just don't have a good enough rig to play this. Those with low processing CPUs or low capability GPUs will experience 10-100x more bugs and glitches than people that actually put money into their computer.

I've been having a blast with ESO on my low end laptop (Core i3, 6 GB RAM, Geforce 720m), and while I have to settle for 25-35+ fps and all the fancy settings (ambient occlusion, sun rays etc.) turned off (or alternatively set subsampling to medium for a massive framerate boost at the cost of a very blurry picture, which is what I need to do in crowded PvP regardless), this is certainly still one of my favourite MMOs of the many I've - mostly briefly - played over the last decade.
    And even at those modest settings (fortunately I have enough video memory for high res textures) it's also still a pretty good looking game.

Basically for me this feels very much like both a good MMO and an Elder Scrolls game, despite very different combat mechanics etc.

• scratchnsniff
    scratchnsniff
    ✭✭✭
    I live in the US / Play Aldmeri and I am happy
    One of the main reasons I wanted to play eso was to be part of a mmo since beta. I expect bugs and errors, and find no need to be mad about it.
    This is want I signed up for I am ok with it.

If things haven't changed in a year, I will revisit my opinion.
    They call me the magic man.
    *** Now you see me***
    *** Now you don't ***
  • Skeksi
    Skeksi
    ✭✭
    Ebonheart Pact players can't live outside the US :(

I'm pretty happy, but getting frustrated at the customer service. I had the bank reset very early and it's annoying trying to manage my inventory as a provisioner with only 60 bank slots. I expect bugs from an MMO launch, but I'd like some feedback about how the bug is going to be dealt with and when, even if only an estimate.
  • Exarch
    Exarch
    ✭✭✭
    I play all 3 factions, and I'm only mad because ESO seems to keep killing my power supply, but of course that's impossible...isn't it?
  • Spryt
    Spryt
    ✭✭
    I live outside the US / Play Aldmeri and I am happy
    Had a few bugged quests. All got solved by relogging a few times. Have done all (I think) quests in the first 3 areas in Aldmeri Dominion and all dungeons up to level 30

Performance wise it runs very well. I get 40-60 fps in city and when out questing 80-100 fps. Got all setting on max. Got i5 3770k and 670 GTX and 12gb ram