Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Some people are in love, some people are filled with rage

Zepheric
Zepheric
✭✭✭
This game has been for me, great. I never had any trouble logging on, I have only encountered a single bug and I just haven't had the experience that others have had. Having said that, the only faction I have ever played is Daggerfall covenant.

So that got me to thinking that maybe these experiences are tied to certain factors such as, region and faction.

So here is a poll to test my theory.

*If you live outside of the US and play ebonheart and are happy/mad vote in either of the other categories outside of the U.S. because I may only ask ten questions.*

If this seems ridiculous I am sorry, but I feel like there is a correlation.

P.S. We need better forum categories.

Love you ZOS.
Edited by Zepheric on April 13, 2014 3:24AM
Sanguine's Tester

Some people are in love, some people are filled with rage 261 votes

I live in the US / Play Aldmeri and I am mad
3%
Kevinmonysimb14_ESOnicholaspingasb16_ESOjamesharv2005ub17_ESOOhioastroHenry_XWolfOfOdin9illogicbh 8 votes
I live in the US / Play Aldmeri and I am happy
21%
Vlormelpro2012_ESOdpayne83_ESOkevin19_ESOk9mouseTieFighterMalkavianqueenchadd.lindsayb14_ESOCollinsgr23b14_ESOIncoMeddleaugustgraceIzatarSidani_ESOThatPsychoGamerDolenzvan.cannonb14_ESOvarudo27b14_ESOAliaMorisg 57 votes
I live outside the US / Play Aldmeri and I am mad
0%
BlackangellDanteYoda 2 votes
I live outside the US / Play Aldmeri and I am happy
13%
nerevarine1138Naguur86zackwakeley40b16_ESOFidelioCaranuktitanb16_ESOadamwiganKhenarthiTsumeSprytzariaManfzainDotAwkwardkijimaRaZaddhaClawderFishBreathcymattvictorhrpereiraMiths 35 votes
I live in the US / Play Daggerfall and I am mad
3%
cf197778_ESOpsyncro_ESOEnndrmaniacal1Last_EpiphanyCaedesmessboAxurr 8 votes
I live in the US / Play Daggerfall and I am happy
20%
SupersomethingmanyrabidratsMaddjujuElonaZephericyij6_ESODuranBurnsscneedl_ESOCzingerAsuna_MeowShillenAzarulThesirenKhazaadSaetbab0024b14_ESOGravisHakokeXiolaSoulSeekerUSA 53 votes
I live outside the US / Play daggerfall and I am mad
0%
Gwynde 1 vote
I live outside the US / Play daggerfall and I am happy
10%
moag123b16_ESOOjustaboodijksmanmickeyb16_ESONyxeiaNitriusKruxarnKnootewootJasstennSerasethMulvaEnksharNathanSpencer10rwb17_ESOMoobsShareeRev RielleSai_DeschainThunder_DownunderJeanquartDagoth_RacPrimalThought 28 votes
I live in the US / Play Ebonheart and I am mad
2%
WesterVeakothEvulsiveburin077Grafunkuloussororo2Robvenom 7 votes
I live in the US / Play Ebonheart and I am happy
23%
Dreadlochdaan2006Gwarokdispatcher505_ESORana1014chimneyswift_ESOjoshuatree18_ESOMongooseOneKurgunDarkstlkrb14_ESOMelianWarloxJJDrakkenscribTwixtMYnethersHanokihsMiflettBlackSparrowAlurriapysgod1978b14_ESO 62 votes
  • nathan-wolfpub19_ESO
    nathan-wolfpub19_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    To be honest, I think that some people just don't have a good enough rig to play this. Those with low processing CPUs or low capability GPUs will experience 10-100x more bugs and glitches than people that actually put money into their computer.
  • Eris
    Eris
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rawr! Powerful computer system for the win. :)

BTW, I play Aldmeri and Daggerfall, but I put Daggerfall because I have 2 alts there and only 1 in the other. I want to try an Ebonheart too...

Generally I'm happy.
    Side effects of reading messages on forums can cause nausea, head aches, spontaneous fits of rage, urination due to intense laughter, and sometimes the death of your monitor or other object in throwing range. If you find that you are reading forums more than 24 hours a day, please consult your nearest temporal physicist.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those should be checkboxes. I play all three factions and most of the time, i'm happy ...
    ;-)
  • Anastasia
    Anastasia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hate to say it almost but you may have something Nathan. I know that isn't the only issue; also wondering if those who have more than a minimum amount of ram might be having the least difficulty. (*I'm running with 12 myself.)

Honestly I am in the U.S., have played since hour one, day one of early launch and aside from three /relogui's and two kick outs and got right back in, I have been happily playing several hours each playtime (4ish) about 4 days of the week. Started with pre-launch and still not having any real problems.

I'm glad to see Zeni's staff is hard at it responding and working on getting things squared away. Best wishes for those who are frustrated right now that things smooth out.

Edited by Anastasia on April 13, 2014 3:48AM
  • Supersomething
    Supersomething
    ✭✭✭
    I am happy for the most part. I am frustrated with key quests being bugged and the lack of overall functionality of the Guild Stores, but I am happy for the most part.

Currently working on my second character right now due to my other character being progression block heh. Templar/Resto Staff and then Bow at 15 :smile:
    Remember, you're unique... just like everyone else.
    Characters
    Tiberius Aulus
  • Eris
    Eris
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a side note, I do not experience problems in the game that are not server side. I am running a i7-4770, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 770 and a 16GB SSD acceleration cache. Other than the graphics card, it's just an off the shelf HP Phoenix 810-160.
    Side effects of reading messages on forums can cause nausea, head aches, spontaneous fits of rage, urination due to intense laughter, and sometimes the death of your monitor or other object in throwing range. If you find that you are reading forums more than 24 hours a day, please consult your nearest temporal physicist.
  • Zepheric
    Zepheric
    ✭✭✭
    I mean my computer is not especially powerful, I have a GTX 660 Ti and 3 gigs of ram with a standard hard drive and a 2.7ghz intel core i7 processor. And I only lag when entering places I haven't been before. 45-60 FPS at any time on high settings
    Edited by Zepheric on April 13, 2014 4:03AM
    Sanguine's Tester
  • Inpen
    Inpen
    I am happy with my gameplay, however, that's not to say I haven't experienced any issues. Even so, I doubt that the issues are faction related. Like others have stated, it might be due to the rigs certain people are running. That's also not limited to just having a low quality rig, but also depend on what hardware you're using. Sometimes games just run better on say a Nvidia card over a AMD card or vice versa.
    Anastasia wrote: »
    I know that isn't the only issue; also wondering if those who have more than a minimum amount of ram might be having the least difficulty. (*I'm running with 12 myself.)

That 12gb of ram really doesn't mean anything. I believe this game doesn't use more than 4gb being that's 32 bit only.

• Aiiane
    Aiiane
    ✭✭✭
    What is this doing in the addons forum?
    Aiiane, Aldmeri Dominion, Auriel's Bow, NA ☆ Twitter
  • Zepheric
    Zepheric
    ✭✭✭
    Aiiane wrote: »
    What is this doing in the addons forum?

Error 404

Insufficient forum sections found, no relevant sections available.

Sanguine's Tester
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There should also be an option for people having a love-hate relationship with TESO.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, I think that some people just don't have a good enough rig to play this. Those with low processing CPUs or low capability GPUs will experience 10-100x more bugs and glitches than people that actually put money into their computer.

I know of plenty of people who have the most expensive, most up to date computer out there and they are still experiencing crashes and issues with lag, bugs and glitches.

If the real issues revolved around someones CPUs and GPUs Zenimax wouldnt bring the servers down. Just because you havent experienced these issues, doesnt mean they dont exist.

Its like youre telling an Ethiopian you have food in your fridge so they CANT possibly be hungry.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think a lot of the issues are a bit blown out of proportion because of the nature of forums. We have lots and lots of people playing ESO, millions last I heard. A bug that only .1% of people get is still going to impact 1000 players assuming we only have a million people playing. If 500 of that 1000 comes onto the forums to seek answers and vent their anger (I also would be angry if all my bank stuff disappeared.. not saying people shouldn't be angry), the issue is going to look huge. 500 people is a lot.

Personally I think the percentage of the player base who are actually getting the bugs that seem to make people so upset (and in some cases, I think rightly so) is very small, but since the forums are where people come to complain it seems much larger. The issues themselves are very real, the amount of players experiencing said issue is misleading if all you're going by is the forum though.
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • LadyInTheWater
    LadyInTheWater
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the people who are mad are most likely not the type of people to visit the "Players helping players" forum.

You'll probably find them in the "Players who only care about themselves" forum.

I'm not sure where that is....
    The moment you call someone stupid, or try to display your opinion as "fact", you lose all credibility.
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I live in the US and play one character in EACH faction. I can't vote, because no multiple votes are allowed.
    That said, I'm happy with my experience so far.
    It's not been perfect or bug free, but I'm still happy.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • Rickey
    Rickey
    Game's fun.
  • Jadeviper1974
    Jadeviper1974
    ✭✭✭
    You left off a needed answer. Always give folks like me an apathetic choice.
    What is written above are my honest opinions. If you agree then; "Great!" If you disagree; "Great!" I really couldn't care less either way.
  • DFDelta
    DFDelta
    ✭✭
    I live outside the US / Play daggerfall and I am happy
    So far I am very happy with the game.

The quests, while mostly simple, are better then (especially the voice over and writing) many single player ones. PvP is fun and feels "large". Dungeons feel refreshing. I love the class system and free character developement.
    Combat is challenging and probably the most fun combat system I've seen in an MMO.
    All in all the main features and functions of the game are some of the most enjoyable I've seen in recent years.

My so far only gripe is that a lot (who am I kidding, it is actually most of them) of the secondary functions and features feel... to put it bluntly... half-assed.
    - This beginns here on the forum, which lacks a general discussion section. Which is usually the center point of any game forum.
    - The guild store is, again put bluntly, the worst incarnation of an auction house I've ever seen. And no, I don't complain about the guild-only part, I'm actually in favor of that.
    - Ingame chat lacks the option to create new channels and lacks some basic ones that should exist.
    - The game uses the same fragmented server/channel/shard system that games with megaservers usually use, but strangely enough, lacks any way to manually select them.
    - And quite a few more.
    EU Megaserver
    Chany Therall - Templar VR1
    - Tank in PvE, support Mage in PvP
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very happy.
    As for bugs, currently stuck with one bugged quest at level 24, and is pretty much done with grathwood but might lack 2-3 quests.
    Had three crashes trying to teleport to an keep in Cyrodil yesterday, first crashes in the game.

Yes it lacks some features but most look good.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭
    <--In love. It lacks a few features I'd like to see...but every game does at launch, MMO's improve over time, I can wait.
  • Caran
    Caran
    ✭✭✭
    I live in the EU, play all alliances and am very happy ;)
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I live outside the US / Play Aldmeri and I am mad
    I like the game but my fun has soured over all the issues, bugs, subs, forums, lag/delay..

My system can run ESO fine but the delay in instanced combat is getting beyond a joke for me.
    Edited by DanteYoda on April 13, 2014 10:20AM
  • Ganacampo
    Ganacampo
    ✭✭✭
    Can't vote since I play one character in every fraction, but I am very happy, although there are some bugs, but nothing game breaking so far.
  • Neesie
    Neesie
    I am head over heels, without a doubt, dreaming about you every night in love with this game!
    Neesie - Argonian Templar, Ebonhart Pact
  • Thesiren
    Thesiren
    ✭✭✭
    But I happily play on three factions! However, I also feel that they should change our login info in guild and team windows to global handles of our choice, and also that the server could really use an auction house badly.

So this poll isn't as complete as it could be.
  • Greydog
    Greydog
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still not enough options ;)

I have 8 characters across all three alliances and I'm certainly not angry with the game, but I'm not completely happy with it either.
    "I Plan on living forever ..so far so good"
    Sanguine's Disciple

Asylum Amoebaeus ..A refuge for those who normally fly solo.
    Message me here or in game for an invite
  • flameweaver
    flameweaver
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't vote. I live outside the US, in the UK, play on the NA server, currently playing for the AD.
    I'm disappointed rather than happy/mad, main reason is because of the broken/damaged quest, lack of any kind of ZOS response to any of the hundreds of problems reported and I'm still not sure whether this game is a true MMO or some kind of hybrid online single player game.
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Need an option for disappointed. Not really mad, just feel the game is a bit meh while leveling up. Solo questing mmos are kind of an odd thing imo.
  • Khazaad
    Khazaad
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Those should be checkboxes. I play all three factions and most of the time, i'm happy ...
    ;-)
    Playing 3 factions, capped, full forum decorations. Dude you're happy because you don't have a job. :'( - <----Khaz

• k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit and her Argonian are happy. k9mouse has one char each in AD and EP. Khajiit feels sorry those who are mad at ESO. ZOS is working hard to find and fix bugs, that just takes time. Just testing in a lab (aka beta) is very different then testing in the wild (aka real world, released game with more load)

//One knows when one plays to much ESO when one talks like a Khajiit =^.^=