Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

No excuse for quests to be bugged since day 1.

rager82b14_ESO
rager82b14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
If I have to hear one more. Have at thee foul creatures from the North point quests, I'm going to strangle some one. This is a major plot quest, and it has been bugged since day 1. He stands still and smites two vampires die. That is it. This is btw in Riven whatever North Point quest where we got to find the people in the town. At the graveyard the dude has been bugged for so long, and there is no excuse why it has not been hot fixed.
  • cubansyrusb16_ESO
    cubansyrusb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I would accept your offer of fixing them as your so knowledgeable on how fast it should take, please go ahead ....... help yourself, show them how its done.

What you cant code or diagnose the error ?
    Thought you was about to impress me there.
    Edited by cubansyrusb16_ESO on April 13, 2014 1:09AM
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent then you will have no problem identifying the broken bit of code and having it fixed in an hour.
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While you guys are quick to defend. Let me remind you that some of the quests have been bugged since beta and have been reported. They have had ample time for some of these bugs.

No need to white knight them.
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    Whose is white knighting them. I'm just amused by the shear arrogance in assuming some persistent bug is easy to fix and that they just are ignoring it.

If you are that good at coding then clearly you can propose how to fix it.
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alyrn_Grey wrote: »
    Whose is white knighting them. I'm just amused by the shear arrogance in assuming some persistent bug is easy to fix and that they just are ignoring it.

I think you are a little full of yourself when being amused about some bug quests that was bugged since Beta. When quests that hinder major plot lines of the story. It should have been fix long time ago.

SO yes it could have been fixed. It is not about arrogance, it makes testers feel like they tested the game for nothing. You can disagree with me all you want, but to call it arrogance, you really need to step down.
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The quest itself is not bug per say, it is more likely a phrasing issue. Quest starts to break down when the server is busy. Try again when it is not peek hours, many a quest work that way.
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    k9mouse wrote: »
    The quest itself is not bug per say, it is more likely a phrasing issue. Quest starts to break down when the server is busy. Try again when it is not peek hours, many a quest work that way.

I thought that also, but I went to bed around 4 am est, with it bugged. People said it has not changed at all. Also the npc had problems before like this.
  • Zorak
    Zorak
    ✭✭✭

I think you are a little full of yourself when being amused about some bug quests that was bugged since Beta. When quests that hinder major plot lines of the story. It should have been fix long time ago.

SO yes it could have been fixed. It is not about arrogance, it makes testers feel like they tested the game for nothing. You can disagree with me all you want, but to call it arrogance, you really need to step down.

I have to agree with you.

Major quests bugged since beta...that's lame
  • dagnome
    dagnome
    ✭✭✭
    As a beta tester I feel we made significant impact on the games overall performance upon release. Yes they still have some issues with quests but since quests don't impact the game in a MAJOR way (Yes it is a story quest but there's still plenty to do outside of that quest) I would rather they fix a lot of quests at one down (AKA during server downtime) instead of releasing patches every day or every other hour to fix each quest individually. Patches cost money, servers cost money, game maintenance costs money, which results in issues like quests being fixed in chunks rather than slivers.
  • Supersomething
    Supersomething
    ✭✭✭
    A work around I found on that quest is that the Vampires that spawn behind the rock to the right of him seemed to progress that quest for me. I killed them and the quest advanced to the next stage... no guarantee but worth a shot I suppose.

I will also agree that there is no reason for these quests especially main story advancement quests to be broken. Side quests I do not care about nearly as much as the main story quests because those can actually hinder character progression greatly. Case in point the 'Crossing the Chasm' is currently blocking many players from advancing and some of the subsequent quests that follow that are also bugged.

This prevents a whole slew of players from entering the Veteran rank regions and essentially stops character progression almost completely. Primary quests like that should have been the most robust in the game in terms of them breaking, but instead we have many of them breaking in several different zones.
    Remember, you're unique... just like everyone else.
    Characters
    Tiberius Aulus
  • dagnome
    dagnome
    ✭✭✭
    I had no issues doing "Crossing the Chasm" quest.
    Edited by dagnome on April 13, 2014 2:06AM
  • Supersomething
    Supersomething
    ✭✭✭
    dagnome wrote: »
    I had no issues doing "Crossing the Chasm" quest.

Guess the 20 or so people standing around are just there because its a really cool environment, myself included.

Characters
    Tiberius Aulus
  • Comaetilico
    Comaetilico
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent then you will have no problem identifying the broken bit of code and having it fixed in an hour.

while identifing the code problem and solving it may take time in such situation you generaly disable the quest or make it auto solve.... since it is a quest that BLOCK progression... same thing with the portal quest in Coldarbor where if you don't complete the quest you can't access veteran zones... that quest is bugged since day one... it probably was bugged even in beta but the fact that the bug (for both of those quest as well as many other) only manifest whene there is lot of people around (actualy both quest have a workaround of having NO PLAYER enter the event zone for some time... estimated around 5 minutes... but it's quite hard to have lot's of people that have just arrived and don't read chat avoid to enter and resetting the timer over and over again...) may have not made it apparent during limeted testing. So it may or may not have been reported... but even if it wasn't it has been reported by quite a lot of people (for the coldarbor quest I've witnessed at least 50 player waiting in front of the portal at a time before chosing to log in at 4am in order to find the quest area empty... and same thing happened to other guild mates in the following days... and right at this moment there is plenty of player waiting in front of those portal...) since the second day of early access (yes firt lvl 50 in 1 day... a little more the following and around a hundred by the third day... and at that point the bug was already showing up... that quest as well as the northpoint one that are progression imparing should be temporary disabled/substituted with pleaceholder if they can't fix them right now... in order to allow player to progress with their character and not being locked while waiting for a fix that we have no idea how long will take to be produced...

• rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My point is, that have they even said they are working on it? Do they even know? We reported this in beta and still not fixed. It makes me think that they don't know. Blocking content from players is a big issue.
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a beta tester I feel we made significant impact on the games overall performance upon release. Yes they still have some issues with quests but since quests don't impact the game in a MAJOR way (Yes it is a story quest but there's still plenty to do outside of that quest) I would rather they fix a lot of quests at one down (AKA during server downtime) instead of releasing patches every day or every other hour to fix each quest individually. Patches cost money, servers cost money, game maintenance costs money, which results in issues like quests being fixed in chunks rather than slivers.

This.

Even the final beta session (ESPECIALLY the final beta session) had a lot of bugs that have been fixed. Even during Early Access, I could barely walk through a zone without stumbling into four quests where the boss or essential item didn't spawn. Now, they've fixed the last bugged quest that remained in my log (Desparate Souls, in Stonefalls) in one of the recent patches. :)

So yes. They ARE fixing quests as players encounter bugs. Your best bet to make sure they continue to do so? Report them with /bug ingame.

Truth is, a lot of the mid-to-high level quests didn't get played nearly as much in the beta as the low ones did, so the devs didn't have as much to work with bug-catching-wise. But now that players are hitting those levels, they'll know. So help them out with /bug, instead of posting a thread here that will fall off the first page in about an hour.
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Elvent
    Elvent
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some of these quests/objectives/lootables have had the same bugs since beta...I'm beginning to think I was the only one out of everybody actually reporting them and since it was only me, not enough to get recognized LOL

• rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elvent wrote: »
    Some of these quests/objectives/lootables have had the same bugs since beta...I'm beginning to think I was the only one out of everybody actually reporting them and since it was only me, not enough to get recognized LOL

Right? While I understand some points people made about not many people high levels. It was reported by us..and it is a MAIN STORY quest ffs. It is not some side quest. This is huge, heck even IGN gave a report about it being bugged. That is not looking good on them and I love this game.
  • Supersomething
    Supersomething
    ✭✭✭

Truth is, a lot of the mid-to-high level quests didn't get played nearly as much in the beta as the low ones did, so the devs didn't have as much to work with bug-catching-wise. But now that players are hitting those levels, they'll know. So help them out with /bug, instead of posting a thread here that will fall off the first page in about an hour.

That is their fault for some unknown reason allowing only a select few players test their higher end content and only allowing the majority beta test the first 17 levels of content. Not many pay for a title and expect to beta test their game due to a developers lack of foresight on whether or not their mid to high level content should be rigorously tested.

That being said many quests in the low level areas still maintained the same glitches that they had in beta and they reported an innumerable amount of times and they persisted through several beta builds. Most of those did not even get fixed until this past week and they were problems that persisted through nearly all of the weekend betas!

I do not expect bug a bug free game. However, I do at least expect that the main story line that directly controls the progression of your character to be fully bug free, since its apart of the progression component.
    Characters
    Tiberius Aulus
  • Caillronb14_ESO
    Almost every other quest I do is bugged. Not to mention the dungeon quests have not worked AT ALL for me or any of the groups I've joined. I've only been doing dungeons for the achievements as every single time I go in one and we all gather to do the quest nothing happens or interactable NPC's can not be interacted with. We try logging out and back in, dropping the quest and picking it back up, dropping both quest and group and regrouping, but nothing worked. Then there are the world dungeons, the ones anyone can enter at any time, and a few of them are even bugged in that the boss doesn't spawn or it spawns but you can't attack it. It is very annoying.
  • Dolenz
    Dolenz
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that some of the quest bugs that have been around since beta are frustrating and I assume it has to do with server pop. Remember the higher level zones were only really tested by a controlled population on the Private Test Server.

Beyond that I don't pretend to know how hard is is to resolve these issues, certainly not as easy as many players want to believe. I would also guess that there are people putting in ridiculously long hours trying to resolve them.

The few bugged quests I have come across, I bug and go do something else or play an alt. The last thing I do is rant on the forum like my broken quest is the MOST important one to resolve.
  • nhisso
    nhisso
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't found any bugs since last patch.
  • politesir
    politesir
    Soul Shriven

I sense another brand loyalty zenimax fanboy. Believe it or not, we actually pay for these services, and shockingly, we expect what we paid for to work. I know, KHHHARRAAAAZEEYY
  • Anthony45122
    Anthony45122
    ✭✭✭
    You can't say the quest has been bugged since beta and since day 1 because that simply isn't true. When I did the quest I had no trouble at all with it, nor did anyone else running around doing it since I had people just before me do it as well as people coming in behind me. Maybe it was a bug they had fixed from beta but it manifested itself again since then? There are bugs with people's banks being wiped out and people getting banned unintentionally. While I agree it sucks to have a quest blocking progress, I think those other bugs I mentioned are a bit more severe and deserve priority.
    Edited by Anthony45122 on April 13, 2014 4:12AM
  • dpayne83_ESO
    dpayne83_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    99 little bugs in the code.
    99 little bugs.
    Take one down, patch it around.
    127 little bugs in the code.
  • demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    In America, Game has bugs. In Russia, Bugs have you.
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what I did so much differently...but all the north point quests worked fine for me, was this on EU or NA server? Also...none of the quests currently bugged, were bugged on the pts, it all happens during heavy load, which couldn't possibly have been tested during a weekend beta, or pts. Meaning they're bugged now for live, due to load. Now anything that is bugged during live should get fixed much quicker, as if it's getting bugged, it should be able to be fairly easily replicated by an engineer. I would expect the next wave of bug fixes to go out fairly soon.

I was able to get through Stormhaven, Rivenspire, and Alik'r without any major quest bugs that couldn't be fixed with a simple relog. Apart from Children of Yokuda in Rivenspire, which was fixed shortly after I got there.
  • Altheina
    Altheina
    ✭✭✭
    Well, TS mentioned that some quests have been bugged since beta so that will not be under the 'server busy' catagory will it since the servers would have been able to handle beta influx then?

My guess is that Zenimax might still be in the midst of fixing and have their priorities on and at the same time trying to fix game breaking loopholes and bugs like the many players reported to have lost bank spaces and so on...

Nevertheless, I think it would be good for Zenimax to interact more with the players and provide some updates on what has been on the line.
    Altheina - Wood Elf Nightblade
    TESO Fun-fact 1: It takes to kill 119,050 mudcrabs to reach level 50
    TESO Fun-fact 2: There are 61 million items in the game
    TESO Fun-fact 3: There are 40,656,000 different weapon variations in the game
  • Singular
    Singular
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry guys. I fixed it and will sell it soon as an add-on.

;)
    War, give me war, give me war.
  • Nathano
    Nathano
    ✭✭✭
    While you guys are quick to defend. Let me remind you that some of the quests have been bugged since beta and have been reported. They have had ample time for some of these bugs.

It always makes me laugh when I hear people say things like "It was found in the beta so it should have been fixed". Finding a bug is the easy bit, it takes very little effort and skill. Whereas fixing the bug takes a lot more time and effort as well as a highly skilled programmer. Also this bug is working for some people and not others and if you know anything about software development those are the most difficult to track down and fix.
  • Evelyn_Nightingale
    Evelyn_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭
    99 little bugs in the code.
    99 little bugs.
    Take one down, patch it around.
    127 little bugs in the code.

bfHvGkj.jpg
    Ebonheart Pact :: Nord Dragon Knight :: Blacksmith