The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Unable to log in.

• Neurotik
    Neurotik
    Can't log into the game either at the moment, client keeps asking for an Access Code but never sends out an email. I have opened a ticket but never received a confirmation email from that either.

I can log into the website just fine but can't change anything there without contacting support, which means email.

I have checked through my spam folders and even sent myself mail from another account. Everything was fine.

Update: Strange, just received an automated email for posting this. But still no access codes, still nothing from support.
    Edited by Neurotik on April 8, 2014 2:49AM
    Options
  • Bloodsip
    Bloodsip
    ✭✭
    Dang I tried that, nothing. Thanks though
    Options
  • AussieHawk
    shyanha wrote: »
    My situation was that the launcher didn't / wouldn't patch. I checked our other computer and the version numbers were different. His can log in, mine could not. His version: eso.live.1.0.0.964485 Mine was something with a 1 at the end. I say Was because I fixed it and am back in the game. :)

Leave the game. Close the launcher. Browse to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game

In that location (or wherever your folder is) rename the following file: game_player.version (I renamed it to game_player1.version)

I say rename so you have it to revert to Just in case this doesn't fix your specific problem.

Run the launcher, you should now be patching. You'll probably have to reauthroize your computer (or at least, I did).

When in doubt, rename random files! :p My other option was to download the game again and, well, 3% in 2 hours . . . no thanks.

Good luck and if it works for you, feel free to send me flowers. Or chocolates. Or both. ;)

I don't have a file called game_player.version. The problem still isn't fixed, but Zen could take time out to change my name from SexualHawk. Priorities.

Options
  • shad0wgunb14_ESO
    try my fix on the thread i started it might work for you
    Options
  • BeeK
    BeeK
    The 201 Login Errors that people (including myself) were getting yesterday were similar, which is why I asked about security problems. Comodo Internet Security has an "Auto-Sandbox" feature that sometimes flags ESO as an "Untrusted" file. Adding any ESO related files to the "Trusted" file list should fix any issues caused by security programs.

DUDE, I can't thank you enough. I run Comodo, and I added it to my trusted files, but kept getting the error. After reading your post, I decided to close Comodo entirely, and I can now play the game. No 201 errors now. FINALLY!

So simple, but what a pain. Glad that solves that!
    Options
  • AussieHawk
    Yeah neither of these things work for me. I am just going to have to re download the game overnight and hope that fixes it.
    Options
  • shad0wgunb14_ESO
    seriously try my fix it has worked for multiple people now and is quick and easy
    Options
  • sss_SiN
    sss_SiN
    is there any fix for login 207???
    Options
  • YoKalli
    YoKalli
    This is frustrating.

I log in and join a waiting que with 1 second wait time. Then I get an error, and the screen continues to change as if Im still waiting to log in. It does not send me back to the login screen.

Error code 6t7ka285j1tg.png
    fail.png 195.1K
    Options
  • shad0wgunb14_ESO
    have you set up your subscription plan YoKalli? if not you need to do this is sucks but it needs to be done
    Options
  • YoKalli
    YoKalli
    220+ devs, 3 (!three) IT guys.

Typical.
    Options
  • MkB
    MkB
    Worked for me too. Thanks for posting
    Options
  • Mamyri
    Mamyri
    Thanks for all the suggestions, unfortunately none have worked for me. I'm currently re-downloading the entire game, so hopefully I'll be able to play sometime tomorrow.

Customer support is unresponsive and I don't really know what to do. Love the game, but making helpful co-players try and fix the game's problems is unacceptable.
    Options
  • BeeK
    BeeK
    Mamyri wrote: »
    Thanks for all the suggestions, unfortunately none have worked for me. I'm currently re-downloading the entire game, so hopefully I'll be able to play sometime tomorrow.

If you haven't clicked help when you get an error and read what the code means, do so. Also, try repairing after you install. Reboot the game and see if you can log in after that. Obviously, having all the necessary account financial info for subscription is needed. Updating your video driver and Windoze is helpful, too. After all that and the antivirus bit, I really hope you can get in game. Despite all this, there are still folks out there who are running into problems. I hope it all gets sorted out.

Options