Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Unable to log in.

AussieHawk
So logging in loads for a while then log in error appears. Sounds like the error that was happening after the Euro server was patched, yet after a couple of hours there has been no fix and I still can't log in?
Any help is appreciated!
  • MagmaFerret
    MagmaFerret
    ✭✭
    Do you remember what the error code was when you tried to log in?
    Options
  • PatrickSwagzy
    I am also having an error but its just for login timeout. worked fine last night.
    Options
  • AussieHawk
    Just says 'Log in Error' then under it 'Log in time out'
    Edited by AussieHawk on April 8, 2014 12:10AM
    Options
  • Kittykinz
    Kittykinz
    SexualHawk wrote: »
    Same here. No error code, it just times out. =|

Options
  • AussieHawk
    Yeah mine was working fine before the patch, as I said, it sounds like the same error people were having after the Euro server was patched.
    Options
  • mr.barakas_ESO
    Can add me to the list. Let's go ESO, you can do better than this
    Options
  • mcdaddyjrb14_ESO
    I try to start mine from the shortcut and all it does is come up spinning and then just stops and the play button lights back up after just a few seconds not going past the launcher. No problems before the patch was playing last night get home today and now I can't play.
    Options
  • Absinthe
    Absinthe
    ✭✭✭
    Ditto. Getting the same "timed out" error.
    Options
  • AussieHawk
    I'm in no fuss, it would be good to play but a break doesn't hurt. Just thought I would raise the issue as I can't see it raised any where. It's been just over a week for the game and it has had a pretty good start, even with all the crashes and bugs etc. But those are to be expected.
    Options
  • Mamyri
    Mamyri
    I've been trying for hours, I can't even play the game anymore. Worked fine until today. The launcher has been broken and it won't even let me reinstall.
    Options
  • MagmaFerret
    MagmaFerret
    ✭✭
    Have you checked to see if any internet security programs that you have running could be interfering?
    Options
  • AussieHawk
    Nothing has changed since last night apart from the patch, it would be something to do with that. As I said, it would be the same error as the one from the Euro server patch, can't they just fix it the same way?
    Options
  • Aviate
    Aviate
    Soul Shriven
    I try to start mine from the shortcut and all it does is come up spinning and then just stops and the play button lights back up after just a few seconds not going past the launcher. No problems before the patch was playing last night get home today and now I can't play.

Try turning off your anti virus and see if you can get in
    Options
  • dannienucub17_ESO
    Did you install the patch? Somehow, I have my shortcuts set up to normally skip the updater, and had the same issue. Patching now to see if it fixes the issue.
    Options
  • AussieHawk
    Yes, as I said, it happened after the patch....
    Options
  • MrMalicious
    Same thing. Patched and login timed out error now.
    Options
  • mcdaddyjrb14_ESO

Try turning off your anti virus and see if you can get in

Ok so I did that and it worked, so I assume that the new patch and anti-virus/spyware program are not working together right now because up till now I had no problems. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Options
  • MrMalicious
    Not running an anti virus at all, so that isn't a problem here.
    Options
  • MagmaFerret
    MagmaFerret
    ✭✭
    The 201 Login Errors that people (including myself) were getting yesterday were similar, which is why I asked about security problems. Comodo Internet Security has an "Auto-Sandbox" feature that sometimes flags ESO as an "Untrusted" file. Adding any ESO related files to the "Trusted" file list should fix any issues caused by security programs.
    Options
  • AussieHawk
    Turning off my anti-virus didn't work. But it would still need to be fixed if that was the case.
    Options
  • mcdaddyjrb14_ESO
    Ok so I got into the game but then as soon as I was in the game it crashed so I do not thing I will be playing tonight thanks to the problems hopefully they will get it fixed soon. Would like to get to play some tomorrow.
    Options
  • MagmaFerret
    MagmaFerret
    ✭✭
    I'm trying something. I apparently seemed angry enough yesterday and warranted an actual reply from customer support. Five replies, actually. I'm using my ability to reply directly to them all five times to tell them about this problem. It might not help, but for what it's worth it's the last thing I can think that would help. I'm also including the email address (ESO_Help@helpmail.elderscrollsonline.com) that I got my replies from, if you want to contact them directly. There's also a phone number listed for ZeniMax on the page I linked to, if you want to try calling them, although I'm not sure how successful that will be...
    Options
  • bopa06
    bopa06
    Soul Shriven
    very frustrating Im getting the same error as everyone else. Have been for many hours
    Options
  • grahamz1b14_ESO
    Same here. Turning off my antivirus is NOT a solution (I had to deal with a malware incident just this weekend, that fortunately my antivirus program brought to my attention, but I was dealing with fallout from it for hours). So no, I'm not going to try to turn my antivirus off.

That would be like telling a car owner to just disable his anti-lock breaks.
    Edited by grahamz1b14_ESO on April 8, 2014 1:41AM
    Options
  • lordofmetalxd
    had the same problem, but then realized i was starting the game client and bypassing the launcher. logged in just fine after the launcher installed the last patch.
    Options
  • michaelsf46_ESO
    Having the same issues! I was just starting from the exe command in my ESO folder. After the launcher was forcing me too dl the whole game. But I see they didn't patch that! But now cause of the patch today? It wont work. So now I must dl another 22mb! Awesome!
    Options
  • Bloodsip
    Bloodsip
    ✭✭
    SexualHawk wrote: »

Same, no code

Options
  • shyanha
    shyanha
    ✭✭
    My situation was that the launcher didn't / wouldn't patch. I checked our other computer and the version numbers were different. His can log in, mine could not. His version: eso.live.1.0.0.964485 Mine was something with a 1 at the end. I say Was because I fixed it and am back in the game. :)

Leave the game. Close the launcher. Browse to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game

In that location (or wherever your folder is) rename the following file: game_player.version (I renamed it to game_player1.version)

I say rename so you have it to revert to Just in case this doesn't fix your specific problem.

Run the launcher, you should now be patching. You'll probably have to reauthroize your computer (or at least, I did).

When in doubt, rename random files! :p My other option was to download the game again and, well, 3% in 2 hours . . . no thanks.

Good luck and if it works for you, feel free to send me flowers. Or chocolates. Or both. ;)
    Options
  • Schmuck
    Schmuck
    Wish I had found this before deciding to reinstall everything. Curious if it would have worked or not. Don't count on getting an answer from support though. Not one that works anyway.
    Options
  • joetrouble
    shyanha wrote: »
    My situation was that the launcher didn't / wouldn't patch. I checked our other computer and the version numbers were different. His can log in, mine could not. His version: eso.live.1.0.0.964485 Mine was something with a 1 at the end. I say Was because I fixed it and am back in the game. :)

Leave the game. Close the launcher. Browse to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game

In that location (or wherever your folder is) rename the following file: game_player.version (I renamed it to game_player1.version)

I say rename so you have it to revert to Just in case this doesn't fix your specific problem.

Run the launcher, you should now be patching. You'll probably have to reauthroize your computer (or at least, I did).

When in doubt, rename random files! :p My other option was to download the game again and, well, 3% in 2 hours . . . no thanks.

Good luck and if it works for you, feel free to send me flowers. Or chocolates. Or both. ;)

worked. thanks for posting this im sure it will take Zen till Thursday to let us know
    Options