Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Show the game our support, PLEASE READ!

• Enteum
    Enteum
    ✭✭✭
    Chanz wrote: »
    It is hard to support them while, at the same time, i feel like a rat in a laboratory with them still doing tests on me. This feeling in beta is normal, but not now when the game launched and customers did their part of the job - paid for it.

The game is great, just the customer service, lack of communication and maintenance timing have been abysmal since the start.

The systems still need testing through the high demand in launch times. Yes, we paid. It is also our, the communities, job to provide constructive feedback to the team so they can fix things. People complain that there's bugs and progressional hindrances, yet when the servers go down to fix them people continue to complain that they can't play. Go figure.

It's launch, this will be happening. Yes there are problems after maintenence and if your experiencing an issue. Post an informative post of your issue, let be known and let it go. They will sort it, in a time for as long as it takes to do so.

I just wish people could stop being tantrumous little children because they can't play when they get home from work.

1. Servers down. 'Ok, fine'
    2. Servers up and can't log in. 'Alright, me and my lady will eat a meal that I will cook.'
    3. Got laid :)

G'night!
    Edited by Enteum on April 7, 2014 8:20PM
    Asira Avalis - Mage
  • Angmarsky
    Angmarsky
    ✭✭
    SilverWF wrote: »
    Let they will show their support to us - players!
    Agreed. I've shown them support - I've paid for the game. And now I want only one: to play with fun. And don't want to have all these problems...
  • Ticare
    Ticare
    ✭✭
    I wish the company would show the players their support instead by communicating with them about the issues. It's a two way street and we're the paying customers here
    Edited by Ticare on April 7, 2014 8:20PM
  • christian.griffinb16_ESO
    "Some parts of the game aren't working!"

"Okay, let's take the game offline during the worst possible time to fix those bugs."

"What about the dozens of far WORSE bugs that our 'fix' will cause?"

"One problem at a time, Calhoun."

Zenimax logic.
  • StarchildTBA
    Enteum wrote: »
    Chanz wrote: »
    It is hard to support them while, at the same time, i feel like a rat in a laboratory with them still doing tests on me. This feeling in beta is normal, but not now when the game launched and customers did their part of the job - paid for it.

The game is great, just the customer service, lack of communication and maintenance timing have been abysmal since the start.

The systems still need testing through the high demand in launch times. Yes, we paid. It is also our, the communities, job to provide constructive feedback to the team so they can fix things. People complain that there's bugs and progressional hindrances, yet when the servers go down to fix them people continue to complain that they can't play. Go figure.

It's launch, this will be happening. Yes there are problems after maintenence and if your experiencing an issue. Post an informative post of your issue, let be known and let it go. They will sort it, in a time for as long as it takes to do so.

I just wish people could stop being tantrumous little children because they can't play when they get home from work.

1. Servers down. 'Ok, fine'
    2. Servers up and can't log in. 'Alright, me and my lady will eat a meal that I will cook.'
    3. Got laid :)

G'night!

Lol, couldn't agree more with this.
  • Mememe
    Mememe
    ✭✭
    People don't realise threads like this don't help. It sounds like most of you are skyrim players, not MMO players.

It's cut throat out there, there are lots of good, free, established, stable MMO's. If they want to be charging £9 a month and double dipping with a cash shop. People are showing their support with their wallets.

Lack of complaints, complacency and keep on chucking your sub at them leads to an utter disaster. As people won't pay for a product that performs like this.

I remember when RIFT launched (great game) and it was sub based along the lines of ESO. the launch and product was 1000x more refined than this. Having been there from beta too. This is NOT a good launch and they ARE going to lose subs over it.

Even a polished, well launched MMO like RIFT, ended up going FTP with a cash shop as it could not bring in enough paid subscribers.

These issues will kill the game, so it is much better they are raised, otherwise you won;t have a game to play on when people desert it and it's mothballed.
  • Sturmlied
    Sturmlied
    Sturmlied wrote: »
    I like the game... really do... but how can I get attached to the game when I can not play?

Some might say that you should show devoted loyalty and support regardless of the fact that you've purchased something, but you are not being given the chance to enjoy it.

Why should I be loyal to a product that does not give me what I payed for? That causes me frustration?

Don't get me wrong I like the game... but until now Zenimax did not give me any reason to be loyal.

Product Loyalty has to be earned with a good product and good support. Currently the lack in both. But I am still not at the point where I will not give them a chance to gain my loyalty... but today they lost a lot of the points they made in the last few days.

I am not a fanboy who loves the game without question. I like ESO but I want to play it to have fun... if I do not have fun it is wasted money... if I can't play I do not have fun...that the game is new does not make it better... they should test their product better.

• mikeeb17_ESO9
    Some people are waaaay too laid back about what is basically a faulty product.
    Granted it looks great and has great potential...such as that fab car in the motor dealership.

However if you took said car out and on its first run it stopped for a few hours, stuttered along or played the completely wrong soundtrack on the cd for hours that bright 'oh wow looky see' would wear thin pretty fast and the car would be back in the showroom very swiftly.

Yep I played WoW, Yep I played UO...back that long ago yes bugs were expected and a bit of a badge of honor sitting through the nuts lag to do epic things such as *cough* place houses, or get passed the login server queues.

In this day an age.....there have been far better launches of MMO, less bugs, downtime scheduled to respond to the population playing it...I for one even with that past experience am unpleasantly surprised by the inefficiency and terrible service of what looks on the outside to be an awesome game.

I'm sorry OP but I definitely disagree, we are at the end of the day paying customers, a;ready signed up for monthly subscriptions for a product that is not turning out to be great. There are many aspects that degrade my quality of experience and as a customer group we shouldn't be just sitting saying...'manyana it'll get sorted by the good guys'...we should indeed be registering our discomfort, otherwise...how do the good guys even know we're unhappy with our lot?
  • greeat-scottb14_ESO
    what about the peeps still unable to play, even though they played beta and they played the early access. yes we're patient (most of us) but we don't live in Russia or a 3rd world country.
  • SafeForSure
    SafeForSure
    ✭✭
    This game is AWSOME the customer support is very good and i have no problems wat so ever with some hickups first few weeks afther launch. The only problem wat i have is the endles number of forum whiners who spamm endless amounts of posts and *** about everything. Wats next? They come here complaining there farts smell like carrot while they ate cabbage? Get a life dont like it feel free to leave. In about 15 years this is one of the best launches ever.
    Zenimax your doing a great job!
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xandroz wrote: »
    Everyone has the "I payed for it, I want it now" attitude. We'll probably get time credited to our accounts for being unable to access the game today, seeing as they did that for early access it only makes sense. I still support this game 100%, even with all the bugs it's such a great game.

They can probably buy themselves out of trouble for a while by giving out free gamedays, free palomino horses or free Imperial upgrades, but if it isn't followed by actually improvement, it isn't gonna help in the long run.
  • Raice
    Raice
    ✭✭✭
    I can't actually get into the game because Zenimax have changed the account system without telling anyone. They THEN make you wait for over an hour for the emailed code. ONLY TO FIND that it isn't accepted and keeps telling you to wait another 10 mins. 10 mins come and go....still no new code. You try again, wait another 10 mins. Still nothing. Then when the old code is accepted (because you've messed with the two icons above your account name), you find that your account gets LOCKED because you've entered the code too many times.

So no, for now they don't get my support for locking me out of a product that I've purchased.

oh btw, negativity IS helpful. It pushes the devs to do better. See Raph Koster's post on negativity:

http://www.raphkoster.com/2013/10/14/on-getting-criticism/

"People who tell you you’re awesome are useless. No, dangerous.

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is. Especially watch out for the ones who tell you that nobody understands your genius."

Critiques are good. So are pats on the back. Give praise when it is due. Give critique when it is due.

Having all critique and commenting on nothing but the flaws is what is known as abuse. It's not the fact that you do it. It's the fact that that is ALL you do. There is a balance to this stuff.
  • dysphorya
    dysphorya
    ✭✭✭
    Mememe wrote: »
    People don't realise threads like this don't help. It sounds like most of you are skyrim players, not MMO players.

Actually, as a fan of the single-player games who came along kicking and screaming out of fear that this is the only TES sequel to Skyrim I may ever see, I'm pretty dismayed by the roll-out. It is, in fact, playing out like every other MMO experience I've ever had. I miss the more polished launches of single-player games. The MMO format is also not the format I've always waited for in the TES line, as another player has posted elsewhere (that would be an optional co-op, actually). I'm waiting for a game time card before starting a sub, and the longer I'm out of game, the less interested I am in it.

This is a pretty negative post for me -- my apologies. I want to see ESO be successful because it's part of the franchise, and its success may be required for additional chapters of TES to be funded. The more people who enjoy and continue to purchase the game/subs, the longer the TES world will be with us.

• Quintim
    Quintim
    I support this game! Just let us know what's going on please.
  • mknecht25_ESO
    Love the game even with its flaws. Great foundation to build upon. Keep making this world even better.

And...give some love to the guild store. At least a search by item function ><
  • Charwyn
    Charwyn
    ✭✭
    Well, I'm okay with the game. Support helps me, developers fix stuff. Sometimes servers fall, it's no big deal. Second time in SIX DAYS? Maaan, that's cool! I thought that would be more of an issue.

Patching in prime time when the "patch is ready"? You all guys scream for this! "FIX THIS ASAP OMG IM SO FRUSTRATED IM STUCK"

People are never happy.
  • mikeeb17_ESO9
    Mememe wrote: »

It's cut throat out there, there are lots of good, free, established, stable MMO's. If they want to be charging £9 a month and double dipping with a cash shop. People are showing their support with their wallets.

Lack of complaints, complacency and keep on chucking your sub at them leads to an utter disaster. As people won't pay for a product that performs like this.

I remember when RIFT launched (great game) and it was sub based along the lines of ESO. the launch and product was 1000x more refined than this. Having been there from beta too. This is NOT a good launch and they ARE going to lose subs over it.

Even a polished, well launched MMO like RIFT, ended up going FTP with a cash shop as it could not bring in enough paid subscribers.

These issues will kill the game, so it is much better they are raised, otherwise you won;t have a game to play on when people desert it and it's mothballed.

Well said
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What a fantastic link/read.

/bumping it cuz all the fanboys/girls need to read that.

Problem is, it isn't gonna work.

• mikeeb17_ESO9
    This game is AWSOME the customer support is very good and i have no problems wat so ever with some hickups first few weeks afther launch. The only problem wat i have is the endles number of forum whiners who spamm endless amounts of posts and *** about everything. Wats next? They come here complaining there farts smell like carrot while they ate cabbage? Get a life dont like it feel free to leave. In about 15 years this is one of the best launches ever.

Shame there isnt a disagree button.............

• AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

See kids - this is what taking hard drugs does to your brain.
    Edited by AngryNord on April 7, 2014 9:01PM
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was pleased with this game when I was able to get on.

However, I've been unable to access my account for over 24 hours and still cannot do so until I hear back from support at the very least.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/71681/where-to-enter-paysafecard-code-for-subscription

I would love to continue to show my support, but I am quite discouraged at this point. :(
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • TyrelionPrime
    Aye, agreed all the way.

The thing some people do not seem to understand is that this is a brand new game and on top of that an MMO. No game ever launched without bugs, that is why every game has patches.
    MMO launches are 100 times worse and more complicated than the "standard" games, so yes, we should expect a few bugs.

Yes, some things might have been noticed during beta and could have been corrected or changed before launch, yet let us not forget the things that DID get changed because of comments from beta testers, like the first person view for example.

And yes, there are issues logging in after the patches. As with many my game didn't start updating 'till an hour after the server was back up...

Yet they are working on it. We have had 2 patches already to fix things in little more than a week after Early Access release.

People should keep on reporting all problems, of course, yet it is the manner in which you make the report or complaint that makes a world of difference. I have had to contact support a couple of times, just filed the report and did some other things. Like continuing questing in Malabar Tor after I noticed the questline in the Greenshade was broken or well, made me some dinner while waiting to be able to log on again...

Negativity brings nothing to anyone, not to us as players, not to the developers.
    In fact, it slows down the progress for all.
    The devs want to get this right and listen to us as players, so naturally they read to every post, or try to. Yet with all the spamming and flaming they simply loose a lot of time sifting through everything to get to the actual meaningful posts or simply miss those because of all the useless flaming and complaining and...

So I'd say if you encounter a problem, report it, file a suggestion or some feedback, check the forums, post some additional info on the problem if you have some, yet stop all the flaming and the creatiion of 5 threads in the forum on the same problem. It doesn't help the devs, nor us.

Enjoy the game. They are patching it, they are working on sorting out the problems as we can clearly see by the release of the patches we already had. And yes, downtime is unfortunately part of getting those patches...

I sympathise with all who have login problems as I have had those as well, yet... I am here for the long haul as a lot of people are. And frankly, the time I can not log in,... well... there is plenty to do IRL meanwhile.
  • Xaaz
    Xaaz
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry - support is earned. All we get from them is silence. I'll be damned if I support that crap.
  • Dogtag19
    Dogtag19
    ✭✭
    Aye, agreed all the way.

The thing some people do not seem to understand is that this is a brand new game and on top of that an MMO. No game ever launched without bugs, that is why every game has patches.
    MMO launches are 100 times worse and more complicated than the "standard" games, so yes, we should expect a few bugs.

Yes, some things might have been noticed during beta and could have been corrected or changed before launch, yet let us not forget the things that DID get changed because of comments from beta testers, like the first person view for example.

And yes, there are issues logging in after the patches. As with many my game didn't start updating 'till an hour after the server was back up...

Yet they are working on it. We have had 2 patches already to fix things in little more than a week after Early Access release.

People should keep on reporting all problems, of course, yet it is the manner in which you make the report or complaint that makes a world of difference. I have had to contact support a couple of times, just filed the report and did some other things. Like continuing questing in Malabar Tor after I noticed the questline in the Greenshade was broken or well, made me some dinner while waiting to be able to log on again...

Negativity brings nothing to anyone, not to us as players, not to the developers.
    In fact, it slows down the progress for all.
    The devs want to get this right and listen to us as players, so naturally they read to every post, or try to. Yet with all the spamming and flaming they simply loose a lot of time sifting through everything to get to the actual meaningful posts or simply miss those because of all the useless flaming and complaining and...

So I'd say if you encounter a problem, report it, file a suggestion or some feedback, check the forums, post some additional info on the problem if you have some, yet stop all the flaming and the creatiion of 5 threads in the forum on the same problem. It doesn't help the devs, nor us.

Enjoy the game. They are patching it, they are working on sorting out the problems as we can clearly see by the release of the patches we already had. And yes, downtime is unfortunately part of getting those patches...

I sympathise with all who have login problems as I have had those as well, yet... I am here for the long haul as a lot of people are. And frankly, the time I can not log in,... well... there is plenty to do IRL meanwhile.

exactly what im saying :)
  • Woenprom
    Woenprom
    ✭✭✭
    I have seen much worse mmos and first release days, so yes,

All Hail Zos !
    " Multiplayer? M'aiq does not know this word. You wish others to help you in your quest? Coward! "
  • Valethar
    Valethar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xandroz wrote: »
    We'll probably get time credited to our accounts for being unable to access the game today, seeing as they did that for early access it only makes sense.

Actually, they didn't. That was a poorly implemented attempt to make it look like they were doing something 'nice'. They announced the 'grace period' back in February, well before the issues in Early Access that prompted them to 'extend' it until Sunday. They didn't give you anything you weren't already going to have.
    Resistance is not futile! Say no to the Greed Collective™. Boycott Crown Crates.
  • MaximumCat
    MaximumCat
    ✭✭
    When Zenimax stops demanding a sub. before we get to use our 30 days of "included" game time, I will be supportive. ESO is a fantastic game, but if the company running it is behaving like this, I cannot support them any further than I have already, and may even demand a refund - since I have not had any of my 30 days of "unlimited play" available to me.
  • deef85b16_ESO
    deef85b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ignorance is truly bliss..

It really seems that wisdom comes with age as I've burned my fingers multiple times in the past thinking "What an Awesome game, surely they will get stuff fixed soon.." (Star trek online for example).

I even defended this game multiple times before their customer support went silent and let a LOT of people down.. Which is giving me a bad feeling all over again and makes it very hard for me to support / enjoy this game..

Want some examples ?

http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/22gyyl/venting_ive_been_banned_from_the_game/?sort=new

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/64017/everything-in-my-bank-is-gone-deleted-while-playing#latest

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/67461/bank-account-being-charged/p65

Nothing but dead silence or canned responses.

Like some people said in this thread, support and respect is earned through giving support, and I already supported them by giving them my money.

And another truthfully quote: "Fanboy's don't keep a game running! GAMER'S DO!"

I've been in the PC-gaming scene for about 20 years now, but it seems the support and quality of games is declining every year sadly.

Don't get me wrong I really enjoy the game, but it's hard to really enjoy it knowing in the back of your head they only want your money, and don't care about you.
    Edited by deef85b16_ESO on April 8, 2014 8:14AM
  • allwebjunkb16_ESO
    allwebjunkb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Dogtag19 wrote: »

I chose now because there is nothing but hate in these forums, and thats not fair on the devs. they are probably working their asses off trying to help everyone, and dealing with a ton of *** from a lot of people.

tell me, if you were them would you want all this pressure and negativity coming towards you right now ? no? then dont deal it as well

Actually it IS fair, what you choose to call hate is in fact customer complaints because the contract they entered into with Zenimax is not being fulfilled.

I've worked in customer service for a number of years and if I was dealing with some of the issues people are having (unable to log in for days on end, contents of bank vanishing, not just once but multiple times) I would go to work expecting to get call after call after call of complaints, and rightly so!

I personally have just been hit with the 'reset bank' bug, which means I have lost thousands of gold, two bank upgrades, over 20 stacks of crafting mats, including a few full stacks of sanded wood, and face going through all this again.

I am enjoying the game, and I feel it has a lot of promise, but right now I can't even work up the desire to play as I don't know if my hard work will disappear again after a shared account reset switch is triggered. That to me is not worthy of active support.
  • RagePlug
    RagePlug
    ✭✭
    Dogtag19 wrote: »
    I still love this game, yes there are problems, its a new MMO, to be expected, yes they could of done things differently, yes it could of been tested more, yes im a lil frustrated myself and yes i hope to see some sort of compensation for all these things not working.

But please, everyone, and zenimax, you have to realise we all got this game because we have been looking forward to it, we got this game because this is what we have wanted since the dawn of Elder Scrolls, we all knew there would be a few issues, but zenimax and bethesda can both learn from this, and we as customers and people who love this series need to be supportive, all we are seeing on the forums is complaining and whining, to be perfectly understood, but is all this negativity going to help us, we should be helping them by telling them the issues we are seeing, show them how many of us are getting this, and show them that even though we are upset, we still are supportive of the game.

Guys and Gals i am behind this game all the way, yes im a lil frustrated at things on how they are, but this is a brand new game, and an MMO at that, i want everyone who has read this to bump it up and also show your support for the game, and if it really is that bad for you that you have to be aggressive and show complete discontent, then please, stop posting it here and just wait till it is fixed or stop playing.

Bump this thread if you are with me guys! :)

Go preach your filth somewhere else!
    (i'm joking ofc, you might have right on some points)