The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

So how many months till TESO go ftp?

alejandrorc93
Make your bets.
  • JarronKai
    JarronKai
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I'm concerned, they were already free-to-play. The only playing I managed to do was while they didn't have any of my money. Now that I'm all ready to give them money no one can tell me if my pre-order will even show up...
    Options
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually made a bet with my guild when we would see the first "genius" make this post. I lost I thought it would be sooner. Seems like the basement trolls are a little later this time.
    Options
  • taze222b14_ESO
    taze222b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Well seeing as the "surcharge issue" is all over the internet, Kotaku...Joystiq, ETC. The P2P model isn't looking good.

Don't believe me? Google it.
    Edited by taze222b14_ESO on April 7, 2014 2:30AM
    Options
  • alejandrorc93
    I got my preorder and i cant play my 30 days xD it seems have to buy another month to get my "free" 30 days. I think lots of people wont like this and just quit xD
    Options
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got my preorder and i cant play my 30 days xD it seems have to buy another month to get my "free" 30 days. I think lots of people wont like this and just quit xD

No you don't need to setup Credit Card, Paypal, or whatever subscription setup you need to get your Free 30 Days.

PM one of Zenimax CS around this forum, they will give you 1 Day Compensation key or something. With that key, you should be able to redeem your game key without having to setup your subscription, voila you will have your free 30 days. ZOS_ChesterN sorted it out for me.
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
    Options
  • taze222b14_ESO
    taze222b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ref wrote: »

No you don't need to setup Credit Card, Paypal, or whatever subscription setup you need to get your Free 30 Days.

PM one of Zenimax CS around this forum, they will give you 1 Day Compensation key or something. With that key, you should be able to redeem your game key without having to setup your subscription, voila you will have your free 30 days. ZOS_ChesterN sorted it out for me.

Shouldn't they have been vocal about that to begin with?
    Options
  • darkkterror_ESO
    darkkterror_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    6 months, 17 days, 12 hours, and 37 minutes.
    Options
  • alejandrorc93

Thanks for the info man.

Options
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I forgot where I got these, so yeah
    We want everyone who purchased ESO to have immediate access to the included 30 days ofESO game time. In the event that you enter your payment information for authorization and the transaction cancels due to lack of funds in your account, please contact our Support Team. We'll work with you to ensure you have access to your included 30 days of game time
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
    Options
  • supernickx
    supernickx
    ✭✭✭
    Great game. Many years before it goes free to play. Good day!
    Options
  • taze222b14_ESO
    taze222b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

I forgot where I got these, so yeah
    We want everyone who purchased ESO to have immediate access to the included 30 days ofESO game time. In the event that you enter your payment information for authorization and the transaction cancels due to lack of funds in your account, please contact our Support Team. We'll work with you to ensure you have access to your included 30 days of game time

Yeah well, I hope they people for their players overdrafts also..
    Options
  • otomodachi
    otomodachi
    ✭✭✭
    I am a little curious how many man-hours went into setting up the cash store.
    What do you gain by criticizing a CSR complaint?
    Options
  • Jonnymorrow
    Jonnymorrow
    ✭✭✭
    I feel it will come down to how good the new content is and time between updates. I hope the new content will be harder because so far eso hasn't been challenging in the least. And I need a constant challenge to keep playing.
    Options
  • alejandrorc93
    otomodachi wrote: »
    I am a little curious how many man-hours went into setting up the cash store.

i think they spend more hours in the cash shop that in the bank xD one day i entered my bank all all my items were gone. LOL i dont think the suits of the proyect know how to make a customer happy xD
    Edited by alejandrorc93 on April 7, 2014 2:57AM
    Options
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6 months, 17 days, 12 hours, and 37 minutes.

I think 6 months, 17 days, 12 hours, and 39 minutes, but your close :)
    Options
  • Reignskream
    Reignskream
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make your bets.

This is a customer support forum. Please next time take your post elsewhere as this is for people looking for in game help, or out of game help, & this thread applies to neither, thank you kindly.

Edited by Reignskream on April 7, 2014 2:58AM
    Options
  • Deadeyemouse14_ESO
    I feel it will come down to how good the new content is and time between updates. I hope the new content will be harder because so far eso hasn't been challenging in the least. And I need a constant challenge to keep playing.

What he said. It is up to Zenimax to continue to create and release enough content to make the sub worth it. As it stands now, this is more than worth what I paid for the game and a month of sub time. For sure one of the best MMO's I've played and I constantly get a nice tingly feeling that tells me "man, this is so much fun" as I go through the game. Tons of potential, and I hope Zeni continues to create this sense of value.

Edit: Now they just need fix this whole getting people subbed and able to play issue. The fact I have to wait until Wednesday to play the game I pre-ordered is *** stupid. I wanted to get the best edition out, and that was the retail Imperial Edition. Due to that choice, my shipping is delayed until Wednesday, and now due to Zeni requiring registration and card information to continue playing, I'm *** out of luck for 3 days.
    Edited by Deadeyemouse14_ESO on April 7, 2014 3:01AM
    Options
  • alejandrorc93
    My bet is: 28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes and 12 seconds :wink:
    Options
  • CTraveler
    CTraveler
    ✭✭✭
    Not for years, I hope!
    Options
  • NyteJade
    NyteJade
    ✭✭✭
    Why do you think it will go F2P at all? As much as I hate to reference it, the biggest (as in most successful) MMO out there still is not F2P, and ESO beats the hell out of World of Warcrap. It has a fresh way of doing everything from questing to crafting. I think it will be the game other companies try to imitate for years to come.
    Options
  • Moon449
    Moon449
    ✭✭✭
    NyteJade wrote: »
    Why do you think it will go F2P at all? As much as I hate to reference it, the biggest (as in most successful) MMO out there still is not F2P, and ESO beats the hell out of World of Warcrap. It has a fresh way of doing everything from questing to crafting. I think it will be the game other companies try to imitate for years to come.

Because they're already doing things that are turning potential players away from the game, such as the full amount authorizations and not giving people the free month promised with purchase.
    Options
  • alejandrorc93

I think you are right ESO is a really good game and a love it, but i think the people that are making bussiness decision are not really thinking in the right way. My thought are that if you have a business always try to make customers happy, else you will die.

Options
  • alejandrorc93
    Loxy37 wrote: »
    Obvious Troll is Obvious. It wont. Once all the neigh sayers go then we will build a community that will keep the game P2P. I do love these posts!

Yes it's kind of a troll xD i really hope this game doesn't go ftp but i thinks the business part is really damaging the game and its potential.

Options
  • taze222b14_ESO
    taze222b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

LOL in no way does ESO beat WoW by a long shot....not from what I've seen. Nice job *** riding ESO.
    Options
  • otomodachi
    otomodachi
    ✭✭✭
    The game launched with a chat shop. Of officer chat for guilds; our banks keep emptying; guild stores are missing a few search tools and some filters don't work; there's really only like, what, 6 total in game channels?

But the cash shop works. Or, does it? Anyone bought a Palamino? :)
    What do you gain by criticizing a CSR complaint?
    Options
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who knows , since this game did not sell , or atleast i did not see life subs going around , maybe sooner than an year even.

Still , it is all a guess for now , in 3/4 months we will see where the population still stands.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
    Options
  • taze222b14_ESO
    taze222b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Who knows , since this game did not sell , or atleast i did not see life subs going around , maybe sooner than an year even.

Still , it is all a guess for now , in 3/4 months we will see where the population still stands.

Tell me about it, my Gamestop didn't even have a midnight release for ESO....BUT YET I'm betting they will have one for both Wildstar and Warlords of Draenor later on this year. Hell, I'm sitting on the forums right now keeping an eye on some threads. Still deciding if I should give Zenimax my money next week in spite of all the uproar.
    Options
  • Gierolf_Whitecoatb16_ESO
    probably the end of the month by the way they have handled the release. the game itsself has a lot of potential, its an awesome game. the business side of things though has fallen through so badly, it hurts.
    Options
  • Shanna
    Shanna
    ✭✭✭
    It needs to be FTP for at least an extra month for those poor folks who were supportive enough of the idea to purchase the physical CE, only to be gypped out of days of play time.
    This is all part of the game.
    Options
  • Krekko
    Krekko

It's blunders like this (and the failure to rectify the issue in a timely manner) which can sink a ship before it makes it out of port.

It's sad to see the game fall down like this.
    Options