Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Quest Circus of Cheerful Slaughter

EliasLake
EliasLake
Soul Shriven
Hello, there is a problem in the quest "Circus of Cheerful Slaughter" when I get to a task "Kill Aldmeri Dominion Actors". I kill all Aldmers, remains only a queen and two guards. And that progress stops, nothing happens. Cancel the quest and re-taking does not help, because I immediately returns the same task.
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just run into the same problem.

Can't do this quest so progress in mages guild quest chain has stopped.

Customer support was useless so I just dropped it. I won't be doing the Mages guild chain.
  • KenHo
    KenHo
    Soul Shriven
    Same problem
  • Rotanraato
    Same problem..
  • Fanelia
    Fanelia
    same problem
  • Chris.mendragon.arndteb17_ESO
    Same Problem
  • Bandras
    Bandras
    I did that on Saturday and it worked fine for me.
  • soundshell
    Same problem
  • Volainthe
    Volainthe
    same problem here
  • Felldir_
    Felldir_
    Soul Shriven
    same problem. logging out/in didnt' work.
  • Badhat
    Badhat
    ✭✭
    Ditto
  • schovanb16_ESO
    same here
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bandras wrote: »
    I did that on Saturday and it worked fine for me.

Just out of curiosity, why do people do this?

"Hey, I know you are having issues but it worked for me"....

Well done, I applaud your advancement in questing .... doesn't work for some of us though so your comment is absolutely useless to us.
  • serelonb16_ESO
    I have also just encountered this problem
  • catz0508cub18_ESO
    I cannot even pick up the quest. The npc that gives the quest never shows up for me...even though I have been to all the mages guilds. Does anyone have any suggestions. I would really appreciate the help.
    Edited by catz0508cub18_ESO on April 7, 2014 10:28AM
  • starshine123b16_ESO
    Same here, quest stops at killing the actors - hope there will be a fix soon to get this (in my opinion must-have quest) done.
  • zipikaya
    zipikaya
    Same here. Been trying since yesterday.
  • Kronos
    Kronos
    I had this issue, and i logged out and back in at that fixed it; however, that did not work for a guildy and he was unable to complete the quest last night.

Side note: as of now this is my favorite quest in the game.
    - Kronos Dawnbreaker
    The Septim Bloodline
    Guildmaster
  • LibriaFIN
    LibriaFIN
    Soul Shriven
    I, too, am having the same said difficulty to proceed the quest.
  • KenHo
    KenHo
    Soul Shriven
    I canceled the quest, then rstarted the client completly, then the quest had reset.
    Then on the fight that bugged earlier i killed the mobs slowly instead of all in one go , then the xcript did activate correctly.
  • fambaab16_ESO
    fambaab16_ESO
    ✭✭
    Kind of obvious, but I hope all of you have searched and killed every NPC, even ahead of that scene a bit down the way?
    Because when I did it I thought I was stuck too but suddenly discovered that there was an actor way ahead.
  • Memnock
    Memnock
    ✭✭✭
    I think that the "patch" that they implemented yesterday , to fix some older broken quests , messed up other quests that were working before yesterday. I mean on the EU server , i could not teleport to another zone without getting disconnected and getting the " An unknown Error occurred" message and then , after half an hour , my character would be again at the same spot i was before trying to teleport
  • schovanb16_ESO
    Edited by schovanb16_ESO on April 8, 2014 9:04AM
  • CaptainTrips
    CaptainTrips
    ✭✭
    Are you guys absolutely sure you've killed all the mobs - I thought the quest had bugged but then I discovered one pesky mob some ways behind me and after I killed him the q completed for me. This was after the patch as well.
  • catz0508cub18_ESO
    Do you need to be a certain level with the mages guild to pick up this quest?
  • Gelston
    Gelston
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. I believe the last mage guild quest requires level 5. I think this one required level 3.. At least, I did it and I am currently 3.
    Edited by Gelston on April 10, 2014 5:47PM
  • cliveklgb14_ESO
    cliveklgb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I HAD the same problem, but came back and tried again the next day and it worked. But it was a different section it stalled on for me. It was the very first fight that wouldn't progress.

I left via the portal at the beginning of the zone, and logged out, and tried it the next day used the book again to go back in, and it worked.

You might try doing that, putting it off for awhile doing something else and trying again the next day like I did.
  • SirJerry
    SirJerry
    Anyone having a problem with the Valeste NPC not appearing in the lighthouse?
  • Airavis
    Airavis
    quest is bugged at same spot for me as well. I also had a bug where I got permanent loading screens on teleports after trying to paly game with patch error 209 version fail. After about 5 reloads of the game it let me scan all files to fix the error.
  • lynn0116
    lynn0116
    Soul Shriven
    Well I completed the quest, he tells you that the book knows the way out but when I click on the icon for the book nothing happened... other than Im stuck in here!
  • Vorsaken
    Vorsaken
    Soul Shriven
    This is still bugged.. sigh. Stuck on "Kill Aldmeri Dominion Actors"..