Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

The sad fact about the subscription

• drwoody44b14_ESO
    drwoody44b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    RaZaddha wrote: »

Aaaannnnnndddd another one who didnt read or click any of the links.
    Edited by drwoody44b14_ESO on April 7, 2014 6:12PM
  • m.taylor143b16_ESO
    im confused, they already gave ext on the grace period for people who might of had late shipment, once you get your physical copy you enter code and get your 30 days what is the problem, if delay on shipment moan at amazon
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They extended the grace period, if you're not going to get your physical copy by then... it's the sellers fault.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Where nothing new is said. Zenimax is not responsible, no matter how much you might wish they were, for any other retailer's lack of forethought.
    ----
    Murray?
  • drwoody44b14_ESO
    drwoody44b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Where nothing new is said. Zenimax is not responsible, no matter how much you might wish they were, for any other retailer's lack of forethought.

I see you're avoiding the customer service section still.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok, pretend I'm illiterate and explain it to me here:

You ordered your game from a third-party retailer. How, in any way, shape, or form, is Zenimax responsible for that?
    ----
    Murray?
  • drwoody44b14_ESO
    drwoody44b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Ok, pretend I'm illiterate and explain it to me here:

You ordered your game from a third-party retailer. How, in any way, shape, or form, is Zenimax responsible for that?

Because physical collectors editions that include all the extra things are only available through 3rd party retailers, recommended by ZOS themselves.

Next?
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because physical collectors editions that include all the extra things are only available through 3rd party retailers, recommended by ZOS themselves.

Next?

Ok. And what part of that makes ZO responsible for that retailer failing to ship the product on time?
    ----
    Murray?
  • drwoody44b14_ESO
    drwoody44b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Next?

Ok. And what part of that makes ZO responsible for that retailer failing to ship the product on time?

I'll copy and paste my reply that you purposely ignored.

As stated by the number of threads on the customer service boards. Apparently its not just Amazon, but all retailers (Amazon, gamestop, Bestbuy, ect). I'll sum up the problem for you.

.ZOS releases the game on a Friday.

.This gives a total of 1 business day for physical copies to ship and be delivered. Shipping does not run on a Sunday. This means you were essentially given 24 hours, not 48.

.People with day 1 shipping report copies not coming in till Monday

.People who work in retail explain that you can not ship before release day, as it is part of the contract with the company that supplied you with the product (unless stated otherwise)

.It has been pointed out that the least grace period amount from recent mmo releases was 5 days on a Tuesday release. EA gave 10 as they ran into this same exact problem.

Continue to defend all you want, because almost no one agrees with you. The only argument you have it "its the retailers fault" when clearly its been pointed out that ZOS could have avoided this. Instead, they not only pissed off their most loyal customers (those who shell out the extra $$$), but also put a very large stain on their almost perfect launch.

Thats a good start to a game that will require/depend on you to shell out money in the future.
  • RaZaddha
    RaZaddha
    ✭✭✭

Next?

As stated by the number of threads on the customer service boards. Apparently its not just Amazon, but all retailers (Amazon, gamestop, Bestbuy, ect). I'll sum up the problem for you.

.This gives a total of 1 business day for physical copies to ship and be delivered. Shipping does not run on a Sunday. This means you were essentially given 24 hours, not 48.

.People who work in retail explain that you can not ship before release day, as it is part of the contract with the company that supplied you with the product (unless stated otherwise)

.It has been pointed out that the least grace period amount from recent mmo releases was 5 days on a Tuesday release. EA gave 10 as they ran into this same exact problem.

Continue to defend all you want, because almost no one agrees with you. The only argument you have it "its the retailers fault" when clearly its been pointed out that ZOS could have avoided this. Instead, they not only pissed off their most loyal customers (those who shell out the extra $$$), but also put a very large stain on their almost perfect launch.

Thats a good start to a game that will require/depend on you to shell out money in the future.

ZOS can release the game any day they want, they aren't responsible for the shipping, the retailers failed to organize a proper shipping system.

Business 101, in business you don't go "oh yeah, we didn't deliver, but it's because there were some problems, you see there were a lot of pre-orders and we didn't have enough people to send them all during friday, even though we knew how many people pre-ordered and knew the exact date of delivery months before the date to prepare"

While I agree that Zenimax could have "made it easier", it's still the retailers fault.
    Edited by RaZaddha on April 7, 2014 7:30PM
  • Kyotee0071
    Kyotee0071
    ✭✭✭
    Thete wrote: »
    thilog wrote: »
    I do have proof that I bought the game, I have the box code. Why do I need to add a subs plan now.. it has nothing to do with ZO needing proof.

It is odd making people arrange their subscription now when every still has a month to go before it would be a problem. I could understand a gentle reminder so nobody ended up being logged out 30 days hence because they forgot to set it up, but making you seems strange.

That being said, I have been able to play today without having to set up the subscription plan. Is it something they're only making physical copy owners do (I got mine on digital download)?

I preordered Digital Imperial Edition directly from ZO's website. I was forced to enter my subscription card info before being able to log back in.

So nope it's not just for physical copy owners.

I have no complaints. As far as I'm aware most MMO companies ask for your subscription info when creating your account.
    I didn't think my hangover was that bad this morning until I spent 10 minutes trying to log into my old Etch-A-Sketch

• nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Next?

Again, where did Zenimax have control over this? The retailers have had to deal with releases on weekends/odd days before. They know that they need to be prepared to expedite shipping. They didn't. That has nothing to do with Zenimax.
    ----
    Murray?
  • drwoody44b14_ESO
    drwoody44b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Next?

Again, where did Zenimax have control over this? The retailers have had to deal with releases on weekends/odd days before. They know that they need to be prepared to expedite shipping. They didn't. That has nothing to do with Zenimax.

Hmm...I dont know, lets think....

Possible increasing the grace period perhaps like every other mmo company has? Or possibly not releasing before the weekend, where shipments dont run?
    Logic hurts, I know.
  • RaZaddha
    RaZaddha
    ✭✭✭

Next?

Possible increasing the grace period perhaps like every other mmo company has? Or possibly not releasing before the weekend, where shipments dont run?
    Logic hurts, I know.

Why should Zenimax do it? They have done nothing wrong, it's the retailers that should compensate you. Shipment release has nothing to do with Zeni, it's not their job, retailers are the ones who agreed to deliver it before the weekend.

You don't seem to grasp how customer-company relations works.

You go into a Ford car reseller, you buy a car and the seller says the car will come from overseas at a certain date, if the car doesn't arrive at the date it's the sellers fault, not Ford's
    Edited by RaZaddha on April 7, 2014 8:48PM
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Logic hurts, I know.

Zenimax could also provide us with a real live pony, but it wouldn't be because they owed us compensation for anything. Repeat after me: ZO has nothing to do with third-party shipping errors. Which is what this is. If you have a problem with your retailer, take it up with them.
    ----
    Murray?
  • gokou320thub17_ESO

Logic hurts, I know.

Zenimax could also provide us with a real live pony, but it wouldn't be because they owed us compensation for anything. Repeat after me: ZO has nothing to do with third-party shipping errors. Which is what this is. If you have a problem with your retailer, take it up with them.

It doesn't matter who's fault it was that the shipment is late... Only Zenimax has the power to compensate us in any real tangible form, and if they had any PR skills they'd realize that they look bad by not having any decent customer support on this issue. It has been mentioned that Amazon recieved the boxes late.. that this has been reported on at least 5 different retailers (when 1 day shipping was chosen) and on 2 different continents... saying that this was Amazon's fault is simply not supported by any facts. No one is saying that this is ZOS's, we're saying it would have been in ZOS's best interest to step up and provide decent customer support on this other than sending out tickets that said things like "you should recieve your product on the 4th" on the 6th.

What we have come to get angry about is the crickets that have been ZOS's customer support since friday. We are angry because despite the number of people posting on these threads, putting in support tickets, and phone support requests, we still feel like the issue is being completely neglected.
    Edited by gokou320thub17_ESO on April 7, 2014 9:14PM
  • drwoody44b14_ESO
    drwoody44b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Except there are no shipping errors. Retailers shipped when they were supposed too. ZOS is the one not compensating for this, like every mmo company has in the last 10 years.

Continue to White Knight. Myself and 100's of others will continue to flood the customer service boards where you have no logical argument.
    Edited by drwoody44b14_ESO on April 7, 2014 9:15PM
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It doesn't matter who's fault it was that the shipment is late... Only Zenimax has the power to compensate us in any real tangible form, and if they had any PR skills they'd realize that they look bad by not having any decent customer support on this issue. It has been mentioned that Amazon recieved the boxes late.. that this has been reported on at least 5 different retailers (when 1 day shipping was chosen) and on 2 different continents... saying that this was Amazon's fault is simply not supported by any facts. No one is saying that this is ZOS's, we're saying it would have been in ZOS's best interest to step up and provide decent customer support on this other than sending out tickets that said things like "you should recieve your product on the 4th" on the 6th.

I ran in to crap like this all the time when I worked retail, and I despise this attitude. You want a company to provide you with support for something that had nothing to do with them (if the ship dates were only late for some orders, that means the retailers oversold). And thanks to the modern-day ethos of "the customer is always right" (they aren't, pretty much ever), you will probably get some form of compensation from Zenimax. Not because you deserve it, but because the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Zenimax isn't a problem here, but since you know Amazon/whoever won't be able to provide you with game time, you've decided that if you just keep complaining, something will happen. And the saddest part is that you're probably right.
    ----
    Murray?
  • drwoody44b14_ESO
    drwoody44b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Zenimax isn't a problem here, but since you know Amazon/whoever won't be able to provide you with game time, you've decided that if you just keep complaining, something will happen. And the saddest part is that you're probably right.

Yes, because how dare they let you use the days that you paid for. How dare people ask for a reasonable grace period (that counts towards your 30 days to begin with) to continue to play until the game they paid for arrives. What horrible people we are.

I have something for you

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fanboyism
    Edited by drwoody44b14_ESO on April 7, 2014 9:23PM
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time you use the word "fanboy" or "white knight", Sheogorath loses a piece of cheese.

Seriously, it completely invalidates anything you say before or after that word, because it's ridiculous. You have no earthly reason to expect Zenimax to compensate you for a third party failing to ship (for the record, I've received shipments from Amazon on a release day, so they clearly know how to do it correctly), so you keep coming back to ad hominem. What substantive points do you have beyond "The retailer can't do anything for me, so Zenimax has to"?
    ----
    Murray?
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Next?
    Edit:
    I highly doubt that. You could(and probably still can) order the physical copy on the official webiste, can you not?
    Edited by MercyKilling on April 7, 2014 9:31PM
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • drwoody44b14_ESO
    drwoody44b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Next?
    Edit:
    I highly doubt that. You could(and probably still can) order the physical copy on the official webiste, can you not?

Nope
  • drwoody44b14_ESO
    drwoody44b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Every time you use the word "fanboy" or "white knight", Sheogorath loses a piece of cheese.

Seriously, it completely invalidates anything you say before or after that word, because it's ridiculous. You have no earthly reason to expect Zenimax to compensate you for a third party failing to ship (for the record, I've received shipments from Amazon on a release day, so they clearly know how to do it correctly), so you keep coming back to ad hominem. What substantive points do you have beyond "The retailer can't do anything for me, so Zenimax has to"?

Theres no point in copy-pasting my points to you a 3rd time. You continue to ignore them.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fanboyism
    Edited by drwoody44b14_ESO on April 7, 2014 9:35PM
  • RaZaddha
    RaZaddha
    ✭✭✭
    Except there are no shipping errors. Retailers shipped when they were supposed too. ZOS is the one not compensating for this, like every mmo company has in the last 10 years.

Continue to White Knight. Myself and 100's of others will continue to flood the customer service boards where you have no logical argument.

What logical thinking? Have you ever worked in your life? Did you ever learn how to properly identify root causes of problems and who is to blame?

Here, let me make it clear so a 10 year old can understand.

Company 1 makes a product, company 2 transports the product ot a store, company 3 sells the product to you. Company 3 says that you can pre-order the product, it will arrive at a certain date, the product doesn't arrives because Company 2 ship sinks in the ocean. What do you do? You go and complains to company 3, you never talk to either company 1 or 2, company 3 shall compensate you for your problems and Company 2 should compensate company 3 for the damages done if specified on the contract. Company 1 looks at the problem and decides to give you a special compensation, you have no rights for this compensation because company 1 has nothing to do with your problem, but they do for it, only for marketing purposes.

You don't talk to Zeni about pre-order delays, you don't talk to the transporting company about where your pre-order is, you talk to RETAILERS. Zenimax has no obligation to compensate ANYONE, bad PR or not, but they could compensate you and they will do it because they want it, not because they need to.

Gaming companies compensate for lost time on delays because they want to "look nice", gamers on the other hand are impacient, self-entitled and have no idea how to ask for help and who to blame (not all, just a vocal minority).
    Edited by RaZaddha on April 7, 2014 9:53PM
  • gokou320thub17_ESO

I ran in to crap like this all the time when I worked retail, and I despise this attitude. You want a company to provide you with support for something that had nothing to do with them (if the ship dates were only late for some orders, that means the retailers oversold). And thanks to the modern-day ethos of "the customer is always right" (they aren't, pretty much ever), you will probably get some form of compensation from Zenimax. Not because you deserve it, but because the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

I'm sorry, but if I ordered a product from your store, and you only recieved a partial shipment(as was stated by the amazon employee) for an ordered shipment, and you had customers coming to the store to pick up their items, would it be your fault when you ran out? Because that is exactly what you are saying. Or maybe you are saying it is IMPOSSIBLE for amazon not to have recieved the entire thousands of orders if they recieved any. (Which is exactly what you alluded to by saying that and I quote "(if the ship dates were only late for some orders, that means the retailers oversold)" Also, the reason companies do that is not because the customer is whining, but because it is in the companies best interest to make the customer happy, especially when that customer is a regular or expected subscription. Stores know that people with your attitude are not good for business and its the people that do go out of their way to make customers happy that make the company money.
  • gokou320thub17_ESO

What logical thinking? Have you ever worked in your life? Did you ever learn how to properly identify root causes of problems and who is to blame?

Company 1 makes a product, company 2 transports the product ot a store, company 3 sells the product to you. Company 3 says that you can pre-order the product, it will arrive at a certain date, the product doesn't arrives because Company 2 ship sinks in the ocean. What do you do? You go and complains to company 3, you never talk to either company 1 or 2, company 3 shall compensate you for your problems and Company 2 should compensate company 3 for the damages done if specified on the contract. Company 1 looks at the problem at decides to give you a special compensation, you have no rights for this compensation because company 1 has nothing to do with your problem, but they do for it, only for marketing purposes.

You don't talk to Zeni about pre-order delays, you don't talk to the transporting company about where your pre-order is, you talk to RETAILERS. Zenimax has no obligation to compensate ANYONE, bad PR or not, but they could compensate you and they will do it because they want it, not because they need to.

You are right.. there are no legal reasons for ZOS to compensate us.. that doesn't mean they shouldn't do so.
  • gokou320thub17_ESO
    By the way this forum is for customer support. It is not for you or anyone else (besides ZOS themselves) to say whether our customer support issue is valid or not.
  • RaZaddha
    RaZaddha
    ✭✭✭

Company 1 makes a product, company 2 transports the product ot a store, company 3 sells the product to you. Company 3 says that you can pre-order the product, it will arrive at a certain date, the product doesn't arrives because Company 2 ship sinks in the ocean. What do you do? You go and complains to company 3, you never talk to either company 1 or 2, company 3 shall compensate you for your problems and Company 2 should compensate company 3 for the damages done if specified on the contract. Company 1 looks at the problem at decides to give you a special compensation, you have no rights for this compensation because company 1 has nothing to do with your problem, but they do for it, only for marketing purposes.

You are right.. there are no legal reasons for ZOS to compensate us.. that doesn't mean they shouldn't do so.

Exactly, now it only depends on how people complain, pointing fingers and being aggressive at Zeni isn't the right way, if you want a favor from someone, you put honey on your voice, not blood.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the way this forum is for customer support. It is not for you or anyone else (besides ZOS themselves) to say whether our customer support issue is valid or not.

Ah, so that's the issue. You're in the wrong forum.

The Customer Support forum is thataway
    >
    ----
    Murray?
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭

This forum is actually for players helping other players, not for ZOS customer support. Just to... clear that up.
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA