Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

The sad fact about the subscription

• nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emira wrote: »
    All of these flames to each other, and answers pulled from our asses is doing nothing.
    Point is-Ball dropped, and the people who should be able to fix it, or at least give answers and make people happy, are out at the park with Ray Charles and Helen Keller.

So why aren't you e-mailing this to Amazon? Zenimax has nothing to do with shipping delays. They can't help you.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Emira
    Emira
    No one is answering anything. Amazon, Zenimax, Bethesda. I don't see why we cant have the option to put in a game code and activate our free 30 days, or pay for 30 days until we get the game code in our Collectors Boxes. As it stands right now, I have to have the game code to register a credit card for a subscription, and the game code is in a box somewhere between here and BFE. I never said it was Zenimax's problem with shipping, you just now said that on your own. And I am not complaining about any shipping, I am curious as to why the website won't let me pay more while I wait for my free 30 days.
    Edited by Emira on April 7, 2014 2:58AM
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one is answering anything. Amazon, Zenimax, Bethesda. I don't see why we cant have the option to put in a game code and activate our free 30 days, or pay for 30 days until we get the game code in our Collectors Boxes. As it stands right now, I have to have the game code to register a subscription, and the game code is in a box somewhere between here and BFE. I never said it was Zenimax's problem with shipping, you just now said that on your own. And I am not complaining about any shipping, I am curious as to why the website won't let me pay more while I wait for my free 30 days.

Well, since Bethesda has nothing to do with your account, let's leave them out of this.

Now, Amazon is the issue here. They haven't shipped you your game. Without that game in your hands to use the code, Zenimax has no idea whether you've actually ordered the game. Without that knowledge, they can't just let you start up a subscription, especially since if you had returned the game, that creates all kinds of problems for refunds, permissions, etc.

The problem is 100% on the shipper's end, and that's Amazon. Take your complaints up with them.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Emira
    Emira
    Again, I never said anything about complaints, merely curious. And they should know I paid for the game, as I was given a digital early access code because I purchased a physical copy via collectors edition. Maybe I was just hoping someone else would like my idea of being able to go ahead and pay for a month while we wait for our 'free' 30 days.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, I never said anything about complaints, merely curious. And they should know I paid for the game, as I was given a digital early access code because I purchased a physical copy via collectors edition. Maybe I was just hoping someone else would like my idea of being able to go ahead and pay for a month while we wait for our 'free' 30 days.

Here's something I can do:

1) Order game on Amazon.
    2) Input my Early Access Code.
    3) Cancel order with Amazon.

That's why the first code was for Early Access only.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Emira
    Emira
    Clearly, that is possible, but I guess I am not shady enough to think of these things.
    Edited by Emira on April 7, 2014 5:23AM
  • drwoody44b14_ESO
    drwoody44b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    No one is answering anything. Amazon, Zenimax, Bethesda. I don't see why we cant have the option to put in a game code and activate our free 30 days, or pay for 30 days until we get the game code in our Collectors Boxes. As it stands right now, I have to have the game code to register a subscription, and the game code is in a box somewhere between here and BFE. I never said it was Zenimax's problem with shipping, you just now said that on your own. And I am not complaining about any shipping, I am curious as to why the website won't let me pay more while I wait for my free 30 days.

Well, since Bethesda has nothing to do with your account, let's leave them out of this.

Now, Amazon is the issue here. They haven't shipped you your game. Without that game in your hands to use the code, Zenimax has no idea whether you've actually ordered the game. Without that knowledge, they can't just let you start up a subscription, especially since if you had returned the game, that creates all kinds of problems for refunds, permissions, etc.

The problem is 100% on the shipper's end, and that's Amazon. Take your complaints up with them.

Because you are fanboying it up, let me link you something,

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/categories/EN-customer-support

I'll even go deeper for you

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/70760/thanks-for-the-100-now-get-out/p1

As stated by the number of threads on the customer service boards. Apparently its not just Amazon, but all retailers (Amazon, gamestop, Bestbuy, ect). I'll sum up the problem for you.

.ZOS releases the game on a Friday.

.This gives a total of 1 business day for physical copies to ship and be delivered. Shipping does not run on a Sunday. This means you were essentially given 24 hours, not 48.

.People with day 1 shipping report copies not coming in till Monday

.People who work in retail explain that you can not ship before release day, as it is part of the contract with the company that supplied you with the product.

.It has been pointed out that the least grace period amount from recent mmo releases was 5 days on a Tuesday release. EA gave 10 as they ran into this same exact problem.

Continue to defend all you want, because almost no one agrees with you. The only argument you have it "its the retailers fault" when clearly its been pointed out that ZOS could have avoided this. Instead, they not only pissed off their most loyal customers (those who shell out the extra $$$), but also put a very large stain on their almost perfect launch.

Thats a good start to a game that will require/depend on you to shell out money in the future.
    Edited by drwoody44b14_ESO on April 7, 2014 4:06AM
  • Phoebvs
    Phoebvs
    Dr. Woody, retailers CAN ship before release. I got my copy on 3d (Thursday) with first morning mail, meaning retailers received ESO copies even earlier that week.
    Actually, my retailer even indicated 3d as the official shipping date.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because you are fanboying [stopped reading here]

Nope, nope and nope. Even if other retailers are having issues (so far, the only universal one appears to be Amazon), that has nothing to do with Zenimax. You may want them to hold your hand and stroke your forehead, but they aren't responsible for bad shipping.
    ----
    Murray?
  • drwoody44b14_ESO
    drwoody44b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Nope, nope and nope. Even if other retailers are having issues (so far, the only universal one appears to be Amazon), that has nothing to do with Zenimax. You may want them to hold your hand and stroke your forehead, but they aren't responsible for bad shipping.

Hence, the fanboy label. "LALALALA NOT LISTENING LALALA"
  • Kiash
    Kiash
    ✭✭✭
    Simple solution: Don't pre-order things from Amazon if you want it the day of release. If you really wanted it to be guaranteed, you would have ordered from ZOS.
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a Nigerian prince; I can assist you with your problem. Hope into my copter...

Roflcopter.gif
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shipping and handling is purely based on where you buy your product. I know that Game is a very good Retailer from previous years, also Amazon never disappointed me.

However, there are always things beyond their control like a railway strike, no planes flying etc. We had a huge strike in my country for several days, no plane left the airport.

While I don't know what caused the issue´s with Amazon, it definitely isn't ZO´s fault. Right now it seems like Amazon just sold more than they had available or didn't ship early enough.
    .It has been pointed out that the least grace period amount from recent mmo releases was 5 days on a Tuesday release. EA gave 10 as they ran into this same exact problem.

Those miracle 10 days were deducted from the 30 free days. ZO didn't deduct anything from the 30.

Besides that, I had my SWTOR copy 1 day before official release ordered by Game.
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even EA gave players an extra 5 days grace period when amazon had a delay with swtor...

You do know we got a small extension as well here right? I also bought from Amazon, got my Standard Ed. on April 4th, and already had Early Access, etc.

I tested SWTOR and seen how it began and where it is currently - you are comparing apples and oranges. SWTOR (which failed miserably and went F2P / full-blown cash shop), other than it had a launch date, can't be compared to ESO.

House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Right. Nice reading skills there.

Let me make this really simple: ZO didn't ship your game late. Amazon did. If you have a problem, ZO has no way of helping you. Amazon does. Talk to them.
    ----
    Murray?
  • drwoody44b14_ESO
    drwoody44b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Let me make this really simple: ZO didn't ship your game late. Amazon did. If you have a problem, ZO has no way of helping you. Amazon does. Talk to them.

Except if you read my post and any of the posts from the wall of fire that is currently the customer service boards, you would see that it was all retailers, not just amazon. Besides a few lucky people, very few people who ordered the CE received it even with 1 day shipping.

Re-read my post above stating why you are wrong

Nice reading skills indeed.
    Edited by drwoody44b14_ESO on April 7, 2014 3:20PM
  • Kiash
    Kiash
    ✭✭✭

Except if you read my post and any of the posts from the wall of fire that is currently the customer service boards, you would see that it was all retailers, not just amazon.

Nice reading skills indeed.

No, you are wrong, I ordered 3rd party and had no problems, as did 3 of my RL friends. From 2 different retailers. You need to get with Amazon instead of coming here and projecting your anger where it doesn't belong.

Edited by Kiash on April 7, 2014 3:09PM
  • Sunarie
    Sunarie
    Regardless of who is at fault.. the only thing anyone can do at the moment is wait, really. Zenimax could extend the grace period, and really should extend it while keeping the 30 day bit the same (so you aren't getting free days). That still wouldn't fix the problem for a good bunch of people though, as from what I've read a ton are reporting the CE is out of stock and it isn't even shipping to them.

They can't give you full access based on your pre-order code because that isn't proof of purchase. Anyone can pre-order the game, get the code, and then cancel. If that provided actual access, there would be no reason to buy the game. The only person that knows you paid full price for the game is the retailer you bought it from, which is why Zenimax can't go handing out keys all over the place either.
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a Q&A and not a problem for ZoS.
    Amazon didn't get my standard edition to me (got CE through ZoS) so I cancelled and got my money back. Now ZoS are better off.

Hope it all gets resolved anyway. Good luck with it.
  • metaldrummer1962b14a_ESO
    AND the fact that most pre-order customers includiing those that ordered directly from the ESO website never got their free 30 days.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AND the fact that most pre-order customers includiing those that ordered directly from the ESO website never got their free 30 days.

This is unbelievably wrong. I've yet to run into anyone who did not get their 30 free days. My card has not been charged, nor anyone I play with.
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    RakeWorm wrote: »
    This is unbelievably wrong. I've yet to run into anyone who did not get their 30 free days. My card has not been charged, nor anyone I play with.

Some people have had authorization holds placed on their cards. Those typically hold funds and drop off after a while. If someone isn't looking closely at their statement they may mistake an authorization hold for a charge.

I've read a few cases on the forums of people getting charged, but I can't recall if they were for sure.. have gone through charges or not. At any rate, it's certainly not most people.
    Edited by Lalai on April 7, 2014 3:36PM
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • Kiash
    Kiash
    ✭✭✭
    Lalai wrote: »
    RakeWorm wrote: »

Some people have had authorization holds placed on their cards. Those typically hold funds and drop off after a while. If someone isn't looking closely at their statement they may mistake an authorization hold for a charge.

I've read a few cases on the forums of people getting charged, but I can't recall if they were for sure.. have gone through charges or not. At any rate, it's certainly not most people.

It specifically says on this website's support that the $14.99 charge is a pre authorization only. It will drop in 7-10 days. No money is actually being taken out. People just can't read.
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    You know how fanboyish that sounds to blame someone for buying the copy from one of the recommended retailers? You know, one that they told us to buy from?
    Why would you not just buy from the website? What is the point of buying from a 3rd party at all?
  • InF13RNo
    InF13RNo
    Each time there's a maintenance, that time we lose should be added to our suscription, so they work better and faster. :)
    Never underestimate the power of human stupidity...
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello @drwoody44b14_ESO‌

Did not read entire thread.

Do I understand your issue is that you're not receiving your game on time via Amazon and wish to receive compensation for this?

I'm fairly harsh on MMO game support. I run a small game server -- about 20,000 accounts with several hundred active per week -- and consider myself a failure if I take more than 1 day to respond to issues (with me as the one and only tech support/sysop). Granted that's a VERY small scale in comparison, I think the same standards should apply to any business.

Having said that, I have had VERY good luck receiving a response from Zenimax within 24-48 hours, even during this extraordinarily overflooded time they are facing now. MILLIONS of customers signing on and THOUSANDS flooding them daily with requests, some so ludicrous they deserve a smack, and others quite severe.

I recommend contacting them via their phone form. Be EXTREMELY explicit with your issue. Every minor detail counts. They're trained to speak over you. Don't let them. Interrupt them. Let them know every detail of your issue.

Push for an elevation if they keep sidetracking you. That means they aren't authorized or educated to help your issue. Push hard for an elevation.

Make it clear you're dissatisfied, and reference hard facts about your purchase and guarantees that were made.

You will, almost certainly, leave a happy customer.
    Edited by Sarenia on April 7, 2014 4:17PM
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Since you ordered the physical launch version, your 'free' 30-day period starts when you enter the key code on ZOS's site. So if you get the box next week, your 30-day period starts next week when you load it on your computer and enter the key code. Why would Amazon or ZOS give you a code to give additional time over that 30-day 'free' period?
  • drwoody44b14_ESO
    drwoody44b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    You know how fanboyish that sounds to blame someone for buying the copy from one of the recommended retailers? You know, one that they told us to buy from?
    Why would you not just buy from the website? What is the point of buying from a 3rd party at all?

Because thats the only place to buy a CE?
  • Kiash
    Kiash
    ✭✭✭
    Sarenia wrote: »
    Hello @drwoody44b14_ESO‌

Did not read entire thread.

Do I understand your issue is that you're not receiving your game on time via Amazon and wish to receive compensation for this?

I'm fairly harsh on MMO game support. I run a small game server -- about 20,000 accounts with several hundred active per week -- and consider myself a failure if I take more than 1 day to respond to issues (with me as the one and only tech support/sysop). Granted that's a VERY small scale in comparison, I think the same standards should apply to any business.

Having said that, I have had VERY good luck receiving a response from Zenimax within 24-48 hours, even during this extraordinarily overflooded time they are facing now. MILLIONS of customers signing on and THOUSANDS flooding them daily with requests, some so ludicrous they deserve a smack, and others quite severe.

I recommend contacting them via their phone form. Be EXTREMELY explicit with your issue. Every minor detail counts. They're trained to speak over you. Don't let them. Interrupt them. Let them know every detail of your issue.

Push for an elevation if they keep sidetracking you. That means they aren't authorized or educated to help your issue. Push hard for an elevation.

Make it clear you're dissatisfied, and reference hard facts about your purchase and guarantees that were made.

You will, almost certainly, leave a happy customer.

He ordered it from Amazon, he needs to contact Amazon CS, not ZOS. ZOS can't do anything for him.

• RaZaddha
    RaZaddha
    ✭✭✭

Because you are fanboying it up, let me link you something,

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/categories/EN-customer-support

I'll even go deeper for you

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/70760/thanks-for-the-100-now-get-out/p1

As stated by the number of threads on the customer service boards. Apparently its not just Amazon, but all retailers (Amazon, gamestop, Bestbuy, ect). I'll sum up the problem for you.

.ZOS releases the game on a Friday.

.This gives a total of 1 business day for physical copies to ship and be delivered. Shipping does not run on a Sunday. This means you were essentially given 24 hours, not 48.

.People with day 1 shipping report copies not coming in till Monday

.People who work in retail explain that you can not ship before release day, as it is part of the contract with the company that supplied you with the product.

Continue to defend all you want, because almost no one agrees with you. The only argument you have it "its the retailers fault" when clearly its been pointed out that ZOS could have avoided this. Instead, they not only pissed off their most loyal customers (those who shell out the extra $$$), but also put a very large stain on their almost perfect launch.

Thats a good start to a game that will require/depend on you to shell out money in the future.

It doesn't matter which day a game is being launched, it's Amazon's JOB to ensure you will receive your pre-order at the correct time. Amazon looked at the contract and said "we can do this", they weren't forced to take pre-orders for this game.

Zenimax sent Amazon a specific number of physical copies, Amazon accepted more pre-orders than they had physical copies? Amazon's fault, even if ZOS refused to give more copies to Amazon it's still Amazon's fault for overselling and not controlling their pre-order numbers.

The game didn't come on the time they said it would come to you? Amazon's fault, they didn't have the competence to organize shipping properly for the launch day, doesn't matter which day of the week, doesn't matter how many millions of pre-orders where being sent that day, no matter how HARD it is to ship a game on a friday, Amazon failed to deliver, they shouldn't have accepted this many pre-orders if AMAZON couldn't deliver ALL OF THEM at launch day. Sure, Zenimax could have made Amazon's job easier by releasing on a monday, but again, Amazon accepted the proposal, they accepted to ship your pre-orders on a Friday, but didn't have neough competence to do it flawlessly.

The retailers are at fault when they took your pre-order, they accepted such a risky contract that backfired. I work in a business that we make sure theres as little risk as possible for my company, we try to predict anything that could go wrong, and when it does go wrong, it's our fault for taking on a risky contract. Retailers should have some sort of guarantee that if something wrong happens with, let's say, the third party company that should have brought the physical copies to the retail store, the third party company should have to pay a fine or some sort of compensation for a breach of contract.

If this is ZOS fault, ZOS must talk with Amazon and Amazon must talk to you, because you bought this game from Amazon, not from Zenimax. You are the customer and you shouldn't bother with the middle-man, all you have to do is make sure your primary contact (Amazon) is the one listening to your complaints and the one paying the price for the delay, if Amazon makes you talk with Zenimax, Amazon customer support failed you.