Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Quest level raising faster than our level, and so many forced solo missions..

• Endolith
    Endolith
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    You may just need to spend more time running around killing some trash or doing anchors or other special content to just get some extra XP.

Even that isn't necessary, at least not in Stonefalls. I hit all the quests and content there and didn't do much else, and I was level appropriate for Deshaan at the end of it.
  • scruffycavetroll
    scruffycavetroll
    ✭✭✭
    I think the problem is that it is really easy to miss a quest. If you don't explore every nook an cranny or you see a quest marker show up but you get busy and forget where you saw it, you can miss a massive story line quest. There isn't really any flow to where you pick up the quests. One quest doesn't necessarily send you to areas where you will find more quests. And sometimes there are large quest lines that are way out in the middle of nowhere, where no other quest would bring you close enough to even see the marker.

I had that issue in Shadowfen, I hit level 28 and searched the entire area and couldn't find another quest to do, I tried grinding and finally gave up and went to Eastmarch and got slaughtered because I was too low. So I went back to Shadowfen and found 2-3 quests in the middle of nowhere. One of them happened to be a major story plot and I had completely missed it because none of the other quests sent me near the area.

one of the things I did between 14 - 17 was go back to auridon and yup, there were some i did miss. but by that point, i didn't bother since I was so high above them.

does that mean you must completely clear a zone? all bosses, dungeons, etc?
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whatever, it's a problem a lot of people are having. I've been reduced to grinding mobs, camping dungeon bosses - anything to get a bit more XP.

It doesn't help that there is no 'signpost' system, it's easy to completely miss quests. I found a couple I could have done - to late to get XP from them: very annoying.
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did 6 levels of PvP until level 17 and went back and did the quests... now I am level 28 and am running low on quests (I have 3 level 30+).

My other char (PvE build) that is level 24 is at the SAME point and is out of quests... and yes the first 2 zones are completely clear and I have the Achievement for both zones. Something is a little off.
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I havent had this problem. You get experience from just finding places and their are many non-quest places to get xp from. The main quest also adds to that xp.
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Maxium
    Maxium
    ✭✭✭
    Do people just not look at their compass as they are questing and exploring? It shows a quest in a direction if you haven't done it. There are icons all over the map and 90% of the time, there's a quest line there.

I believe it when there are alot of people having this problem. The thing I don't believe, is why they are.
  • Mishoniko
    Mishoniko
    ✭✭✭
    In Aldmeri Dominion there is a XP gap in the 25-30 range, which starts in Grahtwood and extends through Greenshade. I ran 1-2 levels behind quests in these areas, though I didn't have much difficulty with the quests. Once you hit Malabal Tor, you catch back up again, and by the end of Reaper's March you're a little ahead. I wasn't going after world boss zones, group dungeons, or anchors in this time but otherwise cleared every quest & hub.

So stick with it and power through :smile:

I use ESOhead to help me make sure I'm covering all the hubs and are running level-appropriate quests. The later AD zones get nonlinear and breadcrumbs are few and far between so the hub & quest list helps plan my movements.
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still dont understand the forced solo. The point of mmo is to group up and play together and yet still be able to solo if one chooses to. Grouping up to do missions has become tedious and irritating. Half the time you dont even get in the same instance as the other players in the group. If want to play single player only then I will play Skyrim.
    Concur. Forcing solo play in an MMO is garbage.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eventiine wrote: »
    Yea. I would like to see an answer here as well. As soon as I get around 11-12 most of the quests I have left are 3 levels ahead of me. And after mousing over the entire map I see that I have saved the day everywhere. This really needs to get fixed. Very frustrating.

Explore more would be my suggestion. I had the opposite problem. By lvl 11 I was outleveling my quests. You have to try to find some quests, not just follow where they tell you to go.

Hope this helps :)