Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Constantly running out of quests

• LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »
    I am level 18 and still have quests in Stonefalls.

There must be an experience bug or something at play here. Because how anyone can fall behind in level if they take the time to explore and do everything on this game is a complete mystery to me.

It is something of a mystery to me as well. I'm guessing these people with this problem mostly play solo and thus never receive the group XP bonus. They probably don't use the Rings of Mara. They probably never wear armor with the Exploration trait. They never farm or grind. They probably also avoid mobs as much as possible. They probably also only complete a Dark Anchor or Skull boss only once. If I am near one of those, I always lend a hand if a fight is ongoing, even if I have already completed them.

I suspect skipping the starter islands and mob fights are the real reasons for the underleveling. Skipping the Main Story and Guild quests would be my next guess.

As mentioned previously, completing the Skyshard Achievement for a zone will uncover almost all of the important locales that contribute quests and XP to one's character. The Quests Achievement is also a big indicator of whether someone has completed much of the zone's content.
  • kriros89eb17_ESO
    I'm lvl 41 and have run out of functioning quests in Eastmarch and Riften. How do I push through the last 9 lvls without quest to do? Any takers?
  • UnderKingRhun
    UnderKingRhun
    ✭✭
    again , xp must be bugged or something. ppl complain about it in VR as well, yet i usually ding a new VR level halfway through zone. V3 and a 1/2 and just got to the first big city in rivenspire. as to being 41 with nothing to do in eastmatch or the Rift? wtf.. i was lvl 47 by the time i reached the rift. i can only conclude that these ppl are skipping more than half the content.
  • Jaggid
    Jaggid
    ✭✭
    I just completed The Rift at 42, so Coldharbor is a bit difficult yet. I do however know I missed 12 quests in one of the lower level regions, but when I went back to knock those out I could not find a single question giver, so I gave up last night.

I am going to give it one more shot tonight and hopefully I can get a level or two so I can move forward toward 50.
  • Anzaman
    Anzaman
    ✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    It is something of a mystery to me as well. I'm guessing these people with this problem mostly play solo and thus never receive the group XP bonus. They probably don't use the Rings of Mara. They probably never wear armor with the Exploration trait. They never farm or grind. They probably also avoid mobs as much as possible. They probably also only complete a Dark Anchor or Skull boss only once. If I am near one of those, I always lend a hand if a fight is ongoing, even if I have already completed them.
    • I have leveled all of my character with Ring of Mara and in group of two.
    • I've completed all Quests within the zones
    • I've discovered all locales and sky shards in leveling zones.
    • I haven't used Exploration -trait(s).
    • I don't stop anywhere to grind mobs, I just kill whatever comes along my path during my journey and no, I don't stealth past them.
    • I've completed most of the anchors/bosses only once as Quests rarely ask to travel back to that part of zone.

I reached level 50 before finishing Coldharbour, but in Veteran zones I've been about 60% behind the zones level and currently I'm VR7 in VR8 zone, and if same experience/zone rate continues, I'll reach VR10 within the last zone.

I agree that killing mobs during 1 to 50 granted noticeable amount of experience, but as soon as you get Veteran rank 1, you can't even notice the change granted by killing mob.
    Nilene Nightsky - Healer Warden
    Niomia Nightsky - Stamina Nightblade
    Ebonheart Pact (EU) Veteran: 10 - CP: 101
  • Eris
    Eris
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was 32nd level, almost 33rd level by the time I reached the Alik'r desert which is 31-37. I sought out and found all the dungeons and landscape quests, fought some monsters here and there and started doing the ring events and beast encounters in the late 20s... so there should be no problem with finding enough experience to stay ahead.
    Side effects of reading messages on forums can cause nausea, head aches, spontaneous fits of rage, urination due to intense laughter, and sometimes the death of your monitor or other object in throwing range. If you find that you are reading forums more than 24 hours a day, please consult your nearest temporal physicist.
  • jackub17_ESO23
    jackub17_ESO23
    Soul Shriven
    At least in the pre coldharbour zones, I completely disagree - I am usually 4+ levels over the mobs, sometimes more. I just finished The Rift at 47 and just entered Coldharbour. I do not grind any areas, all I am doing is questing and dungeons for my area - but I completely missed 4 man dungeons for the last two zones - have to go back and do those for the skill points. I try and find every lore book, look in everything, I run all over to explore everthing and yes, I have found a ton of chests. I do spend a ton of time going back to town to unload bags. I get every skyshard and have not spent much time pvp'ing due to the endless spinning icon most times I try and enter. I simply cannot see how if you are getting the quest achievement in every zone how you could be behind. My problem is by the time I am finishing a zone, some mobs are 6 below me and thus give nothing.
  • radogamer
    radogamer
    ✭✭
    In regards to Stonefall. The quests are kind of mixed up, I found level 11 quests in the north with level 14 quests in the same area you just have to do what people are saying. Leave no place unexplored. There are actually several good leveling guides online just search them out at Tes Life, Elder Scrolls Wikia and a few others. My problem is finding the last four I need to complete the quests in Stonefall that's why I know about the guides. Good luck!
  • Tuerai
    Tuerai
    If you do everything in a region, incl public dungeon bosses, dolmens, etc you should be about the right level. Just make sure that you don't have any black markers left on the map at all in each region.
    "We were undone because of you. Every day, every day, in the dark, in the dawn, forever, r-r-rip, r-r-rip, r-r-rub, r-r-rub, right in our faces, because of you."
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I follow all the roads and make sure I've been to every building on the map before I move on. Checking your achievements can tell you how many quests you have missed in an area.

Also, the landscape quests in Cyrodiil give out massive XP for doing very little. If you can find a server where EP holds all the keeps (Like Wabbajack) hook up with a few friends and do some questing there as it doesn't matter if you're different levels.

A tip if you're grouping though, get one person to pick up the quests and share them as NPCs can give out the same quests in a different order for different people. Can make life a bit confusing. I hit V1 before going anywhere near Cold Harbour.
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • coolfish522
    Ive hit level 44 and cant find anymore quests
  • MyM16sHot
    MyM16sHot
    ✭✭✭
    I have a printout of all the quests for each zone for this exact reason. When I pick up a quest, I mark it off. I HATE that there is no way to track quests in this game. Jeez.
    VR8 Dumner Nightblade PS4-NA-DC
    lvl12 Imperial Dragonknight PS4-NA-EP
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delte wrote: »
    I've run out of quests completely.

Zip, zero and zilch quests anywhere left to do (apart from a few low level bugged ones that wouldn't give me any XP anyway).

Coldharbour is completely finished (with an incredibly anti climatic ending to a zone) and i'm still 2 levels from 50 so can't get the final mission for the actual main quest.

Thus my character is stuck and shall forever remain 48 .... I truly hate grinding.

The guild I am in has a level 50 already and just got to veteran rank. So you must of missed something.

Sorry but I finished the main quest at 44 and for cadwells silver mission and went onto daggerfall was playing against VR 1 enemies at 45 to 49 then I rolled to VR1

So if you have nothing to do you're either not exploring, not doing the correct missions or you're refusing to move forward to the next region

Where new mission n further ranks await you.

I suggest heading to the harborage and finishing the mission of the 5