Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Constantly running out of quests

• Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't relate to this thread at all. I'm level 16 in Stonefalls and still have numerous quests to do. So many in fact I have been tempted to skip some of them.

So I don't understand how lack of quests can be a problem for people in Stonefalls.
    Edited by Jeremy on April 13, 2014 4:02PM
  • Delte
    Delte
    ✭✭✭
    I've run out of quests completely.

Zip, zero and zilch quests anywhere left to do (apart from a few low level bugged ones that wouldn't give me any XP anyway).

Coldharbour is completely finished (with an incredibly anti climatic ending to a zone) and i'm still 2 levels from 50 so can't get the final mission for the actual main quest.

Thus my character is stuck and shall forever remain 48 .... I truly hate grinding.

The guild I am in has a level 50 already and just got to veteran rank. So you must of missed something.

• Airavis
    Airavis
    I'm having the same problem as the guy that started this post. I'm level 25 in dominion and I have completed EVERY quest in all the other zones. I also completed all but 1 anchor sight. The last 3 quests I completed were a level ahead of me and now they are all 2 levels ahead. I searched for all the sky shards in first 2 zones and the lore books for mages guild. I have even been doing the kill 20 enemy players each day for pvp. I explore every corner of the zone i'm in and quests are just getting higher in Greenshade.

I can manage to do most quests 2 even 3 lvls ahead of me since there are so many players in the area right now but as this game gets older I fear for the newbs trying to lvl up without other players to help when quests are just to high for you. I really don't understand how some people report to many quests and some say not enough and some say there is just enough.
  • Delte
    Delte
    ✭✭✭
    I am level 22 in Deeshaan and still doing level 19 quests. Honestly can't see how people are running out of them.

There is a lot of exp tied up in dark anchors as well of a characters level range.
    Edited by Delte on April 13, 2014 5:01PM
  • 7788b14_ESO
    7788b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Like the other poster said, make sure you get all the skyshards cause a lot of them have quests near them. And check to see if you have completed all the quests in the area as it gives you a count. If your on a quest that have mobs giving good xp stay for a while and grind and killing everyone you see while you explore helps.
  • Airavis
    Airavis
    I just checked my journal today and seen that I have completed all quests in each zone I have been through and got the achievements for it. I'm still 2 levels behind the quests now even with pvp each day. You people saying there are to many quests have to be doing something more then just questing or its some kind of exp bug with random people.
  • Airavis
    Airavis
    I also have exploration achievements for each zone as well as quest achievements so I cant have missed anything
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have some questions for any of you under leveled players? How often do you avoid fights while questing? You need to engage in fights along the way. Don't join a quest or dungeon zerg. Also, have you defeated all of the skull bosses and closed all of the Dark Anchors on the map? You need to complete these. Even if you have completed them and you happen to run by a skull boss or anchor while a battle is occurring, join in and scoop up some XP. You will return to level soon enough if you follow this approach.
  • Asawasa
    Asawasa
    ✭✭✭
    1) if you don't have the zone achievement for quests done then you haven't done them all. if some bugged quests are holding you up just need to wait until after a server reset or maintenance.

2) if you don't have the achievement for zone locales completed you still haven't finished exploring.

3) there are anchors, public dungeons, solo dungeons, group dungeons, mini bosses and alot of pvp stuff to do as well.

i just hit 31 in shadowfen with about 40% of the zone to go. there is alot of content to do you just have to find it.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With my first toon I wanted to see the stories. I quickly found out nothing can be skipped. If you are really under level then you have been missing quests. The next response is probably I did everything I could find, and that is just is, exploration is an important part of the PVE aspect of this game. The Devs have said that exploring is rewarded. You will find more quests. My friend finished an area before me, yes was below my level. I brought him around the zone again and he found many more quests.

Of course, going back to do quests way below your level is not fruitful, well, they are when done near level. Go back to the last zone, and what you already did in the current zone and go to areas where there is nothing on your map and see what you find. Or grind mobs. Group dungeons also offer some XP and a SP.
  • Kalagon
    Kalagon
    Soul Shriven
    I also have to agree. This would not be such an issue if there was not so many BUGGED quests and several are Main story or Main Zone quests. This is a major design flaw and this needs to be fixed because only quests give XP towards level advancement. This would not be an issue if the game was setup to get XP from Mob kills also, we would just move on to another zone after we farm mobs for a little bit. They messed up and now its time to rush to fix before it gets out of hand.

I have the main Story quest in the rift bugged and your supposed to get ported to coldharbor at the end. But because mine is bugged I cannot advance to the next zone. So yeah the quest system is a joke at the moment and blocks players from playing the game and advancing.
  • Mie87
    Mie87
    ✭✭✭
    I will say that while I have been out of quests from time to time that I have yet to run out of quests that are available. I have run out of nearby quests that I want to do.

It pointed out what I consider to be a possible issue with the game. In an open world, already completed low-level areas should never be off the list of places to go, and there should be new things to do in low level areas for higher level characters. I should be able to come back to Devon's Watch, for example, at level 30 and find a quest to do, either a repeatable (daily, etc) type quest or a new quest that I have never seen, that is level appropriate.

Without this, the game is really not open world. It is a linear world, like WoW, but without the big mountains ringing the zone.

Now, now having a Level 30 to test this, I reserve the right to claim ignorance and be wrong, but I have yet to hear anyone mention content when returning to areas.

Yeah I would also really love a reason to go back to lower level areas.
    It's just such a waste otherwise of seeing these places only once.

• Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kezaio wrote: »
    So what are you supposed to do in those cases? The XP from killing mobs isn't really mentionable, and I did the 3 dungeons I could do.

You're rather confused if you believe that. People have level to 50 in under 24 hours, purely grinding monsters.

Monster hunting gives VASTLY faster xp then questing. You simply need to hunt the right ones, and the right ones happen to be the easiest solo monsters too.

EG: At low lvl many solo monsters give about 100-150 xp (and can be killed in large groups in seconds). Your average side quest gives 1000xp and takes 5-15+min. Main story quests give 3-5k and take 10-30min.
    So yea, it's vastly more effecient to hunt monsters.

Personally I though i 100% stonefalls, after that I skipped around 70% of quest and never felt like I was grinding monsters at all. I simply hunting whatever was in my path and if anything I felt I was leveling too fast, as quest swould always be below my lvl.

(and this remains true all the way up to Veteran level. Changes a bit at VR, as mobs still give huge xp (around 550+ each), but very few VP: ~42 each.. Where as each quest is 1,500-15,000 vp.. So questing is better. Though still not the best way, as overworld objectives and dungeons tend to give even more.
    Edited by Axer on April 15, 2014 5:46AM
    Axer. Main tank and Leader of Crush it! (NA-EP highly skilled trials guild)
  • Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've run out of quests completely.

Zip, zero and zilch quests anywhere left to do (apart from a few low level bugged ones that wouldn't give me any XP anyway).

Coldharbour is completely finished (with an incredibly anti climatic ending to a zone) and i'm still 2 levels from 50 so can't get the final mission for the actual main quest.

Thus my character is stuck and shall forever remain 48 .... I truly hate grinding.

Sounds like you "grinded" your best to avoid a vast amount of monsters in your path if thats the case.

Because I hit VR before I had around 1/3rd of the coldhabour quests done (and I skipped over 90% of the Rifts).

Litteraly 30 mins in the village of the lost PD would give you a level. It's really not a grind at all.

Also those low lvl so-called bugged quest would give you xp. Quests never stop giving xp (or veteran points) regardless of your level. (And I did the majority of low lvl quests, including plenty people claimed as bugged, none are truely uncompletable if you try hard enough).

Also double check your coldharbour quest count. You should have 31 if your sure you've done them all (Theres around 33, but the pirate ship area has a chain of 2 that cant be completed atm) A couple are decently well hidden, so you might of missed em.
    Edited by Axer on April 15, 2014 5:52AM
    Axer. Main tank and Leader of Crush it! (NA-EP highly skilled trials guild)
  • bdipaulyb16_ESO
    bdipaulyb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    This is so easy for games to overcome, I never understand why they don't do this: Random quest creator. You go to something like a message board and it randomly generates a "clear out" quest or "bounty hunt" quest. It's a good thing for the casual gamer who has half an hour to kill and it helps people who need a little xp boost.

The way it would work is you go to a board it brings up and random quest for you, such as "Go to such and such cave and kill Pirate Bob". It's then an instanced mini dungeon for just you.

Now this is not for everyone, but it never forces you to do it. It's purely optional and as I said, it suits the casual gamer and someone who wants a little extra xp.
  • apterous
    apterous
    ✭✭✭
    CONSTANTLY GETTING JOURNAL FULL!!! TOO MUCH TO DO!!!!
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand how anyone can run out of quests. I mean seriously, they have NPC's running up to you asking you to help them etc.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • Airavis
    Airavis
    you people really don't listen to what we said. When I say I have achievements for exploration and questing in each zone that means I did not miss anything. STOP saying that I am missing stuff and that has to be the reason I'm behind
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For anyone underleveled, I would recommend spending a little time at the highest level Dark Anchor or torch dungeon or area with high level mobs and spend 30-60 minutes battling enemies to gain some XP. Cyrodiil also offers several daily quests in Cheydinhal and Cropsford (both in the southern EP zone) which can help increase your level. I believe skull bosses can also be repeated for XP so long as you don't outlevel them by 6 or more levels, which obviously does not apply here.
  • Ziiko
    Ziiko
    They keep insisting you missed something because it's the most likely cause of your problem. You can say all you want that you've followed the recipe exactly as you should have, but if your bread ain't rising, you forgot the yeast.
  • Delte
    Delte
    ✭✭✭
    Level 25 and still not finished in Deeshan, just saying.
    I have done all the 3 grouped dungeons for that level, the one in Deeshan, Wayrest and the Aldmeri dungeon. Some of them twice.
    Still finding quests to do as well as I move through the area, I just got to the Tel'Deic Fort.
    My guess is I will be about level 26 to 27 by the time I am finished in Deeshan so I think those who are saying there is not enough exp are doing something wrong, you must have missed something.

PvP has not even entered in to factor for any levels either because I have yet to go there.

The only thing I do is kill animals on route for the leather, any dark anchors that fall when I am near by I take part in same with world bosses, even if I have done them before.
  • inephilimi
    inephilimi
    Soul Shriven
    I am level 19 in stone falls, got plenty to do, still got all of the dark anchors to destroy, always have the dungeons to do (fungal grotto for example). Done Bal Foyen and Bleakrock as well, which didn't take too long (went from rank 3 to 5 in Bleakrock, 5-7 in Bal Foyen and 7-19 in Stonefalls. I still have another 6 quests to go.
  • UnderKingRhun
    UnderKingRhun
    ✭✭
    is xp gain bugged or something? seeing so many people say theres not enough xp and quests to level through, hit im currently level 44 and just entered the Rift. The entire way i have been roughly 4-5 levels over whatever quest/zone/hub i have been in( with the exception of dungeons but they don't give much xp and i only did them once each for achies )
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is xp gain bugged or something? seeing so many people say theres not enough xp and quests to level through, hit im currently level 44 and just entered the Rift. The entire way i have been roughly 4-5 levels over whatever quest/zone/hub i have been in( with the exception of dungeons but they don't give much xp and i only did them once each for achies )

I am beginning to think there is a bug involved too.

I'm currently level 17 in Stone Falls and still have plenty of quests to do. Some have even turned grey on me.
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got through all of the Daggerfall covenant provinces only doing quests (no other sources of xp, not even Cyrodiil quests), up to level 45 by the time I finished the final Coldharbour quest. While there were a few bugged quests I couldn't complete, and I didn't do any of the group dungeon quests, I'd say that's pretty good. Sure, I need to grind 5 levels to do the final quest of the main storyline to move on to the next alliance area, but I'm pretty satisfied with how I got by.

Do note, though, that I always seemed to be 5 levels under the req level for all quests pretty much. It made it more difficult to complete, but I liked the challenge.

• Ripblink
    Ripblink
    I've been struggling against enemies +5 levels above me since I started playing basically. I've explored every zone in its entirety , left no stone UN-turned. I just finished Bankorai and i'm level 38. Where do I go now..?
  • UnderKingRhun
    UnderKingRhun
    ✭✭
    i reached vet 1 by the time i arrived in Coldharbour. thats with getting 100% in each zone leading up to it.
  • Falmer
    Falmer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Granted my highest level character so far is 24, but I have never experienced this at all. I am always level 7 or 8 before I even get to Stonefalls. Finishing up Stonefalls has me either level 17-18. Finished Deshaan with that last character at level 24.

So my guess is that you are missing content somewhere, or maybe racing through too many dungeons that are being cleared by other people.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Falmer wrote: »
    Granted my highest level character so far is 24, but I have never experienced this at all. I am always level 7 or 8 before I even get to Stonefalls. Finishing up Stonefalls has me either level 17-18. Finished Deshaan with that last character at level 24.

So my guess is that you are missing content somewhere, or maybe racing through too many dungeons that are being cleared by other people.

Same here Falmer. I am level 18 and still have quests in Stonefalls.

There must be an experience bug or something at play here. Because how anyone can fall behind in level if they take the time to explore and do everything on this game is a complete mystery to me.
  • RamzaBehoulve
    RamzaBehoulve
    ✭✭
    How is it possible to run out of quests if going for the zone completion achievements? I'm level 25 with a ton of lvl 21-24 quests to do still (more than 10). Only one of those levels was done in Cyrodiil to slow down my progression (12-13 ) and wait on a friend.
    Edited by RamzaBehoulve on April 21, 2014 4:13PM