The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Palomino Horse Stats - ESO Store

ghost151
ghost151
✭✭
Can anyone who has bought the horse from the store tell me what the exact starting stats are for speed, stamina and storage? The store description is vague.

Thanks
  • ShinChuck
    ShinChuck
    ✭✭✭
    Speed 15%, Stamina 10, and Carrying 0. Same as the Imperial one. Would be nice if, for $15, they'd give ya a slight bit more to start out!
    "It's morally wrong to suggest gameplay changes for an MMO."
    ...seriously, someone told me that once here. The things people will do to win their internet arguments!
    Options
  • ghost151
    ghost151
    ✭✭
    Thanks
    Options
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it for all characters or just one?

Normally I wouldn't ask such a silly sounding question but as the store page is about as informative as an alcoholic weatherman in a coma .... I just feel like making sure before I throw any money at it.
    Options
  • ShinChuck
    ShinChuck
    ✭✭✭
    It's purchased from the stable vendors for 1g each like the Imperial Mount, so I'd imagine it's still there. If you can give me a few minutes, I'll verify for sure on an alt. :)
    ...seriously, someone told me that once here. The things people will do to win their internet arguments!
    Options
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'd be an absolute star if you did that bud.
    Options
  • Thunder_Downunder
    Thunder_Downunder
    ✭✭✭
    Jesus! $15 for a horse! I hope the rest of the items they put up aren't going to be that expensive.

Speaking of which when do we get to see what the subscription fees are going to be?
    Options
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sub fee is £8.99 for us in the UK so i'm guessing that's around $15
    Options
  • ShinChuck
    ShinChuck
    ✭✭✭
    You'd be an absolute star if you did that bud.

Hahah, thanks!

Just logged in to an alt and bought the horse there too. Looks to be account-wide, 1g at stables, just like the Imperial stallion.

Options
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thankyou Shin, appreciate you checking that for me.

You are indeed a star.
    Options
  • Miths
    Miths
    It's too late for me to log in again tonight to take a look at the other horses for sale. How much of a speed bonus do you get from the fastest ones? Is the palomino horse something you'll likely replace half way through the levels??
    Options
  • lordspyder
    lordspyder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miths wrote: »
    It's too late for me to log in again tonight to take a look at the other horses for sale. How much of a speed bonus do you get from the fastest ones? Is the palomino horse something you'll likely replace half way through the levels??

The palomino horse has the stats of the base horse, there are faster horses available so maybe
    Options
  • Heindrich
    Heindrich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, although I was tempted by the new horse, and really want to buy a nice horse, I am really glad it isn't better than the basic horse.

It would set a really bad precedence in the game if they already started selling virtual "stuff" that gave a gameplay mechanic advantage to players who pay real money in "micro-transactions". I didn't pay £50 + £8.99/m for the privilege of spending yet more money in a P2W system like a F2P game.

All real money purchases should be for aesthetic/vanity items for players to have more individuality and attachment to their characters. You should never be able to (for example) buy a "godly sword of death" for £50 if you want to be serious about PvP.
    Options
  • Miths
    Miths
    So I guess it doesn't have anything going for it aside from that fancy head armor then. I wonder if they're making a joke on their own behalf, referencing that horse armor DLC disaster for Oblivion :).
    Options
  • lordspyder
    lordspyder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I guess it doesn't have anything going for it aside from that fancy head armor then. I wonder if they're making a joke on their own behalf, referencing that horse armor DLC disaster for Oblivion :).

That's what I was thinking.
    But the reason the horse is there at all is players were complaining about the horse from the Imperial Edition and $20 was too much, so they said, well here's a horse for $15 if you don't want to pay the $20 for the Imperial Edition.

Options
  • Melko
    Melko
    So to upgrade to the imperial edition and get a horse and a couple more benefits they charge 20$ and for a simple horse they charge 15$? As much as a month sub? I was interested in buying the horse but now I just can't see how that would be a good deal.
    Options
  • Klauen
    Klauen
    ✭✭

The armor doesn't come with the horse, you get that armor with any horse if you feed them enough, if you buy the horse it won't have it instantly, they just put them in the screenshots to show it.
    The Surgeon of Death
    Options
  • Hexcaliber
    Hexcaliber
    ✭✭✭
    It seems players are not aware that you develop a horses stats over time by feeding it. If you go to the local stables you have the option to feed your horse developing one of several stats in the process, this can be done once a day.

Both the Palomino and Imperial horse can be developed in this way, you may want to consider that getting one early in your game career gives you the opportunity to start boosting a horse early. I have no idea what sort of hard caps there might be on horses nor if they scale with more expensive breeds, perhaps someone from pts can expand on this.
    Regards Hexcaliber.
    Options
  • yenkin2001b14_ESO
    yenkin2001b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I did not know that, feed a horse daily and it gets better, wow, this game does keep it secrets well.
    Options
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Melko wrote: »
    So to upgrade to the imperial edition and get a horse and a couple more benefits they charge 20$ and for a simple horse they charge 15$? As much as a month sub? I was interested in buying the horse but now I just can't see how that would be a good deal.

It's not so bad for me.

The Imperial Edition is an extra £20 but the horse is only £10.

I never play Imperial so that would be a waste, this way I just get to buy the horse, which is all i'd want the Imp edition for.
    Options
  • Miths
    Miths
    Hexcaliber wrote: »
    It seems players are not aware that you develop a horses stats over time by feeding it. If you go to the local stables you have the option to feed your horse developing one of several stats in the process, this can be done once a day.

Both the Palomino and Imperial horse can be developed in this way, you may want to consider that getting one early in your game career gives you the opportunity to start boosting a horse early. I have no idea what sort of hard caps there might be on horses nor if they scale with more expensive breeds, perhaps someone from pts can expand on this.

Thanks. Very useful information.

Options
  • Left_Hand
    Left_Hand
    ✭✭✭
    ShinChuck wrote: »
    Speed 15%, Stamina 10, and Carrying 0. Same as the Imperial one. Would be nice if, for $15, they'd give ya a slight bit more to start out!

Don't worry, you will probably be able to buy horse armor for 30$ in a couple of months, to make it more unique.
    Options
  • Avorniel
    Avorniel
    ✭✭✭
    Bought the horse yesterday it's nice looking and saved me upgrading to the Imperial Version of the game.
    Downside had some smarta*se accuse me of buying gold as he/she thought it was the 40k one as I was level 7 as well and according to the information when you buy it,it says have to be level 10 to ride it which is not correct.
    Options
  • Miths
    Miths
    I just bought it as well after reading about the daily feeding. So far my level 11 character has never had more than a couple of thousand gold available at once (used the biggest chunks to upgrade bank and inventory), so those 17k for the first horse seem like quite a few days away.
    Options
  • Holmes
    Holmes
    ✭✭
    Avorniel wrote: »
    Bought the horse yesterday it's nice looking and saved me upgrading to the Imperial Version of the game.
    Downside had some smarta*se accuse me of buying gold as he/she thought it was the 40k one as I was level 7 as well and according to the information when you buy it,it says have to be level 10 to ride it which is not correct.

Ah, I guess riding it at level 7 goes hand in hand with the infinite stamina.

Great deal of bugs in these companions.
    Options
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭
    60 bucks, a sub and day 1 dlc.

Kinda shameful imho.
    Options
  • Froobert
    Froobert
    ✭✭✭
    Well! I just looked up the horse! Wow. 15$? Imperial was 20 and you get the same horse for free! Whats up with that?

Also: I'd like to give all these new players a warm welcome! Post here if you want to help give welcomes to all these newcomers!:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/68040/the-elder-scrolls-online-welcome#latest

Froobert the Tank
    When In doubt, Bash it out! :)

"Member of Noore"

Options
  • Miths
    Miths
    I don't know about the US prices, but the horse is 11.99 EUR, the Imperial Edition upgrade is 25 EUR (same price difference between standard and Imperial when buying the game).
    Options
  • Andy71480
    Andy71480
    If you hurry an Buy the Imp edition Upgrade for 5$ more you get a horse for 1 gold an a few bonuses with it the pet an Imp gear. Seems like a better deal than a 15$ horse :\ OH an the stats are the same? If it was a 25% speed or more then yes worth a few bucks. but it is same as the 1g horse! Horses without the imp edition are 17,200g just to put it in perspective :o
    Edited by Andy71480 on April 4, 2014 2:36PM
    Options
  • Avorniel
    Avorniel
    ✭✭✭
    Holmes wrote: »
    Avorniel wrote: »

Ah, I guess riding it at level 7 goes hand in hand with the infinite stamina.

Great deal of bugs in these companions.

Well I actually walk and not run so the running out of stamina isn't an issue,why run when there is so much to see and explore and riding a horse this way is rather relaxing.

:smile:
    Options
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShinChuck wrote: »

I want a disagree button added back in...
    It really would not be nice if they started selling items in game that give you an advantage over other players.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
    Options