Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Getting a pink/purple glow on npc's and players now

• Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    anthemik wrote: »
    Moonraker wrote: »
    anthemik wrote: »
    I'm having the same issue with my Win8 PC. It's also a Xeon however with "2 processors." I would guess this is part of the issue since I haven't encountered anyone else with the same problem.
    Same pink issue? I am guessing it is related. Though it seems at least for one guy once Repaired and with Mac workaround he was OK.

I am not sure what you could use on PC but othe workaround on a dual CPU Mac Pro is using Apple's developer tool XCode and one of it's apps to disable the cores on one of the CPU, which allows it to run presumably as it is now effectively single CPU. The thread is here for reference.

Yes, the pink/purple issue, where many textures are replaced with a pink surface and a black X through the texture, similar to the screenshot above. For the most part it's only on some of the character models, but occasionally the surrounding terrain and structures. The repair process didn't solve the issue. I'll look for a PC workaround.
    Shame the Repair did not resolve the problem on the PC client. Good luck.
  • SilentVigil
    SilentVigil
    ✭✭
    I crashed and when I relaunched the launcher updated (not the game) and then when I logged back in the pink textures are back... Back to repairing

Doing some web searches it looks like this has happened to other elder scrolls games and means missing textures or the texture file has become corrupted. I wish I knew which data file this was happening to.

Edit: After repairing textures appear to be ok again.

Edited by SilentVigil on April 5, 2014 2:32AM
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I crashed and when I relaunched the launcher updated (not the game) and then when I logged back in the pink textures are back... Back to repairing

Doing some web searches it looks like this has happened to other elder scrolls games and means missing textures or the texture file has become corrupted. I wish I knew which data file this was happening to.

Edit: After repairing textures appear to be ok again.
    :( You could also try trashing the ShaderCache.cooked file as it stores information and can get corrupted or store corrupted data, though I think it's just shaders not textures from the name.

~/Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/ShaderCache.cooked

To avoid crashing from memory thing then keep AM open I explained elsewhere and when Real Memory gets close to 2.6GB and VM to 3.7GB then quit the game and relaunch at least it should avoid those crashes that way. I would give some reasonable margin before.
  • SilentVigil
    SilentVigil
    ✭✭
    I'll keep that in mind if it happens again. I have AM in my hot bar and that is a good idea but I will probably forget to check it - I need dual monitors!
  • anthemik
    anthemik
    @Moonraker Success! It was indeed related to multiple processors. For PC, there's a tool called "msconfig.exe" that comes with windows. Under the boot menu, there are advanced boot options that allow you to select how many cores to use after boot. I had up to 12 cores to choose from--I selected 4, thinking that this was the typical "advanced" setup most PC users would have with their processors, and likely what the devs had in mind. This completely solved the purple glow and the sound issues I was having. Hope others like me benefit from my exploration!
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good news. Thanks for sharing the info @anthemik ;) Makes sense to have the four cores.

I still think PC Client is not managing them well though. OS X seems to do balance the load well across cores and doesn't appear to become CPU bound like the PC client does.
  • 1ne2woBe
    1ne2woBe
    ✭✭✭
    EDIT: This had never happened to me until this last patch 1.1.2.

I'm having same problem (PC), and am not very computer savvy.

Not only am I getting purple people eater NPC's, the client will crash when attempting to log out/in, giving me an error report screen for Zenimax.

Processor: AMD Athlon II x4 640 3.00GHz
    4GB RAM
    32bit

Do I need to do something with my processors too? If so, exactly how do I do so?

Thank you.
    Edited by 1ne2woBe on May 23, 2014 2:06AM
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    1ne2woBe wrote: »
    EDIT: This had never happened to me until this last patch 1.1.2.

I'm having same problem (PC), and am not very computer savvy.

Not only am I getting purple people eater NPC's, the client will crash when attempting to log out/in, giving me an error report screen for Zenimax.

Processor: AMD Athlon II x4 640 3.00GHz
    4GB RAM
    32bit

Do I need to do something with my processors too? If so, exactly how do I do so?

Thank you.
    The pink colour generally signifies some missing or corrupted textures. Try the Repair function.

For PC I suggest to post to the PC Technical Section where you will get more relevant help for other issues.
  • 1ne2woBe
    1ne2woBe
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you sir. Much appreciated! Thank you for the link.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    1ne2woBe wrote: »
    Thank you sir. Much appreciated! Thank you for the link.
    No problem. happy to help. Hope it gets sorted (probably Repair/s or Reinstall I am guessing)
  • kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SilentVigil - Could you try running a repair on your game client and see if that solves the problem?

I repaired and it seemed to work for a bit but the problem is back again, worse, after a while it gets worse and worse till it finally crashes and nearly freezes my midrange computer up.

Seems like a memory leak.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    @SilentVigil - Could you try running a repair on your game client and see if that solves the problem?

I repaired and it seemed to work for a bit but the problem is back again, worse, after a while it gets worse and worse till it finally crashes and nearly freezes my midrange computer up.

Seems like a memory leak.
    Is this on Mac or PC? Sounds more like the PC issue.
  • arkonite
    arkonite
    Soul Shriven
    Hey all. Same problem for me after the craglorn patch. I notice that if I play through the pink people glitch, the game will crash anyways. Tried the repair tool and it seems to delay the glitch for a few more minutes, but it still occurs quite frequently.

I'm on windows 8 32bit, with an AMD HD series graphics card. I noticed everyone else with the pink people glitch also has an amd card. Is it possible this could be a video card issue?
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    arkonite wrote: »
    Hey all. Same problem for me after the craglorn patch. I notice that if I play through the pink people glitch, the game will crash anyways. Tried the repair tool and it seems to delay the glitch for a few more minutes, but it still occurs quite frequently.

I'm on windows 8 32bit, with an AMD HD series graphics card. I noticed everyone else with the pink people glitch also has an amd card. Is it possible this could be a video card issue?
    Still the Mac Support section :)

Most likely related to the PC client memory issue which has been patched on NA server and already or son fixed on the Europe server. Details here. Requires a relog.