Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Dueling In ESO?

kallistiGAD
kallistiGAD
✭✭✭
I already love the massive siege warfare and random battlefields of the PvP in ESO but I was also kind of wanting a dueling system implimented. I like having friendly, 1v1 battles with friends too. My question is, do you think they might impliment Dueling as in interaction in the future? Is anyone else interested in this?
Argonian Maids Gone Wild
The Flash Mob guild. Bringing the absurd to ESO
  • Rangcom
    Rangcom
    ✭✭✭
    Developers recently said that its possible but there are no plans to include dueling at this time. But yea...i would love it
  • Feimerdre
    Feimerdre
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who hinders you to meet with other faction players in a place in Cyrodil and make duels?
  • Twistedmind
    Twistedmind
    ✭✭
    I would not ask about it at least not now...
    there was massive Yes - No post about it in Unofficial forums and I guess, maybe possibly later someday it might come.
    Egypt and Antarctica kills off more investigators each year than cancer does.
    Old Call of Cthulhu fact.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We don't need dueling in the open world, keep PVP in it's own area, where it belongs.
  • jmido8
    jmido8
    ✭✭✭
    Feimerdre wrote: »
    Who hinders you to meet with other faction players in a place in Cyrodil and make duels?

Because my friends are on the same faction?
  • Grevus
    Grevus
    ✭✭✭
    For the love of God NO! I'm quite enjoying not getting 50 million random duel requests from every jackwad that wants to flex their e-pleen. You want to fight other players go to Cyrodil.
    Edited by Grevus on April 3, 2014 2:34PM
    "Love your rage, not your cage"
  • UnknownXV
    UnknownXV
    ✭✭✭
    As long as you have the option to disable duel requests, I don't see anything wrong with consenting duels. Yes you can PVP in Cyrodil, but only against players in opposing factions. It's fun to test yourself against your friends.
  • Teroh
    Teroh
    ✭✭✭
    I dont see how someone who loves mmo's would ever think more options are a bad thing. Especially something like dueling which can have an option to disable requests and does not negatively effect anything.
    The Fallen Legion is Recruiting, Help us Retake Cryodiil! Message me for more information.
  • Starnes
    Starnes
    ✭✭✭
    I imagine it's one of those things not high on the list of priorities but probably on some board somewhere to be implemented on a rainy day.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as there was a setting to auto-reject all duel requests, I don't see why they won't implement it at some point in the future.
  • joakim.bang1b16_ESO
    If they wish eso to be taken as a serious pvp-game they absolutely need to implement duels. It's true that you can duel in Cyrodil, but if I am to experiment using new builds, simply practice my pvp-skills or do intensive testing to figure out JUST the right setup for me roaming around in an open world is extremely inefficient time-wise, in addition there is more learning to be had if you are constantly talking with whoever you're fighting (like a guildmate).
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is it that people want the crappiest wow features in this game??
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as you can turn off requests and it's kept to certain areas.

I can do without seeing another Goldshire.
  • icengr_ESO
    icengr_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    yes lets get some bug fixes in first before we go adding anything.
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see it added in a future content update.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would love to have little designated open world arenas outside major cities where I could get roflstomped by my mates.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they wish eso to be taken as a serious pvp-game they absolutely need to implement duels. It's true that you can duel in Cyrodil, but if I am to experiment using new builds, simply practice my pvp-skills or do intensive testing to figure out JUST the right setup for me roaming around in an open world is extremely inefficient time-wise, in addition there is more learning to be had if you are constantly talking with whoever you're fighting (like a guildmate).

Wait, what? You are actually arguing that dueling is required for serious PvP?
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RakeWorm wrote: »

Wait, what? You are actually arguing that dueling is required for serious PvP?

LOL yeah. Of course anyone who uses the word "serious" about a videogame can't be really taken...seriously

Ah WoW, the damages that you wrought over humankind.....
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teroh wrote: »
    I dont see how someone who loves mmo's would ever think more options are a bad thing.
    Options aren't the problem, players are, often PVPers who want to 'duel'.

• Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teroh wrote: »
    I dont see how someone who loves mmo's would ever think more options are a bad thing. Especially something like dueling which can have an option to disable requests and does not negatively effect anything.

Because choosing to spend the time to develop one option by definition means that time is not being spent on developing other things. We'd rather silly things like dueling be so far down on the priority list that they essentially never happen.
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not again'st dueling, but lets keep it segregated; just speaking as a fan of WoW, LOTRO et al. and a PvE player, I would prefer not to receive 'dueling' challanges as I play. Also, derp.

maximo-nivel-8-mime-dueling.jpg
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • joakim.bang1b16_ESO
    Gedalya wrote: »
    I'm not again'st dueling, but lets keep it segregated; just speaking as a fan of WoW, LOTRO et al. and a PvE player, I would prefer not to receive 'dueling' challanges as I play. Also, derp.

I don't really care what limitations they make, they could have an option to ignore duel requests, restrict it to certain areas, restrict it to friends/guild only and countless other possibilities.
    RakeWorm wrote: »
    Because choosing to spend the time to develop one option by definition means that time is not being spent on developing other things. We'd rather silly things like dueling be so far down on the priority list that they essentially never happen.

Dueling is the single most important feature to make this game keep a good pvp-scene, everyone isn't playing it for the pve features. Without duels there is no way for newer players and perfectionists to practice their pvp. It makes for an extreme learning curve that may demotivate new players from pvping, and it will frustrate the more serious actors as they won't get a proper arena to test new things.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVPers in this game seem more interested in the AvAvA than having silly duels requests from 8 years old. Please, if you have to make requests for something, try not to sound like a whiney kid....
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Co6InAuGvc

yep, I can see how dueling is 'fundamental' to PVP or whatever nonsense you just said
  • UnknownXV
    UnknownXV
    ✭✭✭
    This is a fairly skill-based game. It's odd to see so many people removed from the idea of dueling. If you can turn off even receiving requests, what difference does it make to you? Literally none whatsoever.

However, to those who enjoy a good 1 on 1 challenge, it offers a whole new dynamic to the game.
  • joakim.bang1b16_ESO
    mutharex wrote: »
    yep, I can see how dueling is 'fundamental' to PVP or whatever nonsense you just said

It's fundamental to the longevity and general level of the pvp-scene. I don't see how linking a video of zerg pvp makes my arguments irrelevant.

• mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's fundamental to the longevity and general level of the pvp-scene. I don't see how linking a video of zerg pvp makes my arguments irrelevant.
    Oh it does. This isn't WoW PVP, it's different, so if not having dueling will keep wowkiddies away, well I am all in favour of ignoring this features together to all the other dumb features that are being ignored.

Zerg... jeez dude.. you make it so easy
  • joakim.bang1b16_ESO

Oh it does. This isn't WoW PVP, it's different, so if not having dueling will keep wowkiddies away, well I am all in favour of ignoring this features together to all the other dumb features that are being ignored.

I played Darkfall for 4 years, I've never touched wow so that might be why I don't understand the dismay towards the concept of a duel system by some people in this thread, but please lets try to keep this thread civilized and free of negativity and insults.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dueling is the single most important feature to make this game keep a good pvp-scene, everyone isn't playing it for the pve features. Without duels there is no way for newer players and perfectionists to practice their pvp. It makes for an extreme learning curve that may demotivate new players from pvping, and it will frustrate the more serious actors as they won't get a proper arena to test new things.

That first sentence is absolutely hysterical.

The PvP in ESO is large-scale. Practicing 1v1 would have limited utility because you are not practicing a situation that you would often run into while PvPing. Having a great dueling build means nothing when the battles you face have dozens of people in combat at once.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I played Darkfall for 4 years, I've never touched wow so that might be why I don't understand the dismay towards the concept of a duel system by some people in this thread, but please lets try to keep this thread civilized and free of negativity and insults.

What insults?? Ah DF... good game, horrible player base