Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Scripts are creating a storage emergency, PLEASE help now!

• tom6143346
    tom6143346
    ✭✭✭
    After a few weeks into goldroad I already have an all my 18 toons almost any available scribing thingy unlocked. It’s really not that bad of a grind .
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    tom6143346 wrote: »
    After a few weeks into goldroad I already have an all my 18 toons almost any available scribing thingy unlocked. It’s really not that bad of a grind .
    If you enjoy repeating overworld PvE and don't mind time gates, sure. But many of us really do not like those things. Boss drops aren't bad, but daily delves are the video game equivalent of folding laundry to me.

Having to repeat extremely easy PvE quests that I cleared a decade ago, then being blocked by time gates in a product I paid $40 for, is a pretty miserable gaming experience to me, definitely not worth the money I paid.

I'm here for the PvP ride at the theme park, if ZOS blocks off the PvP ride with PvE chores, my wallet is gonna close, and I'm gonna cut my playtime. The Affix grind is particularly miserable for a PvPer with alts, since the IC drops are actually just daily PvE trash mobs and fetch quests, no PvP involved, just waiting for more overworld PvE.

Meanwhile I've got dozens of excess Focus scripts from PvP reward mails waiting to be sold for 999 gold next patch. Please add a player kill source for Affix drops, or better yet, make the scripts account wide.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    oldbobdude wrote: »
    I might have missed something but pretty sure all the scripts I’ve gotten are account bound. How do you vendor them? Maybe the ones you buy at the scholarium or IA vendor are not bound? Idk.

You sell them NPC vendor, "bound" only means that item can not be sent to another account or put them on Guild Store as that is for transfer item from one account to another.

Interact with any NPC Merchant or even NPC at Craft station where you can buy and sell items (for low amount of Gold). If you are on PC then you can put them in Trash or use Junk and use Sell all Junk at once instead of selling each item one by one.

Script that you have learned will stop to be part of loot table (curated), but that only happens if you learn (make use) each of Script. So don't wait to use Script as then you will get same script as loot until you have learned it on your character.
  • Desiato
    Desiato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just merchant my excess scripts. They're so easy to get anyway. I keep a few useful ones in the bank in case I want to level a new character.

I recently levelled a new character during the double exp event and obtained scripts as part of that process -- which is ongoing after reaching level 50 as I still need obtain skill points and level skill lines.

If one plans well, it's really effortless. For example, I don't ever grind exp by itself. I get to 50 by doing mg/fg/psijic/undaunted/scribing/shard collection at the same time.

We put a lot of value in scripts when the system was new, so they seem valuable and therefore worth keeping, but in reality bound scripts are, for the most part, merchantable items.

Edited by Desiato on July 24, 2024 6:11PM
    spending a year dead for tax reasons
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i just throw extra scripts in my bank and learn them on toons when i log into them as needed

once i finish them all ill just start vendoring them

i would be indifferent if they changed the script knowledge from per character to account wide, it would just save me some time in the long run, but otherwise eh
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I look at it as acquiring scripts is "levelling" the scribing on each toon. You don't expect a weapon or guild skill line to be max level on every toon when you unlock it just because you've done it once already on a different toon do you?

You do the full Scholarium quest to enable scribing "account wide". Then you just have to "unlock" scribing by doing the intro quest which takes 5 minutes per toon. Then finally you have to "level" scribing by unlocking scripts (which are curated per toon if you do dailies etc on the toon you want the scripts on first each day BTW).

Seems perfectly reasonable to me :shrug:

Edit: and to address the OP point, there is no need to hold on to scripts, just learn them, even if you don't think you'll ever use it. There is zero down side to just learning them.
    Edited by Hamish999 on July 24, 2024 11:03PM
    PC-EU
    Do'Zahra - Khajiit - StamDK - AD
    Narese Telvanni - Dunmer - Petsorc - EP
    Anastasie Chastain - Breton - Magplar - DC
    Gashnakh the Lusty - Orc - Stamsorc - AD
    Stands-In-Stoopid - Argonian - Warden Tank - AD
    Talia al-Morwha - Redguard - Stamden - AD
    Makes-Fier-Wrong - Argonian - Stamblade - AD
    Busty-Argonian-Maid - Argonian - Templar Healer - AD
    Alaru Telvanni - Dunmer - Stamplar - AD
    Ko'Raehsi - Khajiit - Magsorc - AD
    Torhild Rock-Chucker - Nord - StamDK - AD
    Drusilla Larouche - Breton - MagDK - AD
    Ko'Khanni - Khajiit - Magden - AD
    Ilithyia Ectorius - Imperial - DK Tank -AD
    Rosara Laumont - Breton - Warden Healer - AD
    Do'Darri - Khajiit - Stam Arcanist - AD

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just noticed that I can't see anything on the Scripts that says whether the current character knows them or not, unlike Motifs and Recipes.

That means I have to take all of them out of my bank to review them and try to learn them to know if I know them or not.

Please point out what I am missing if I am missing something.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The scripts tell me if I already know them.
    PCNA
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I only got that when I tried to learn them again, not in their details screen. A recipe will say "unknown" at the top, for example. I did not see that on the script. But like I said, maybe I am missing something.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I only got that when I tried to learn them again, not in their details screen. A recipe will say "unknown" at the top, for example. I did not see that on the script. But like I said, maybe I am missing something.

It will say "Script already known." towards the bottom of the description right above the selling price
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hamish999 wrote: »
    I look at it as acquiring scripts is "levelling" the scribing on each toon. You don't expect a weapon or guild skill line to be max level on every toon when you unlock it just because you've done it once already on a different toon do you?
    That would only be a fair comparison if weapon or guild skilllines had a one level per day accountwide timegate. Noone would be ok with that!
    In your example we can do more than just one level(script) and we can log into another character and gain more levels(timegated). So this is not a fair comparison.

On the topic: Maybe a solution for scripts would be to keep the system as it is now, but when a character completes the final wing in the scholarium, they get access to all scripts learned on the entire account(accountwide with effort).

PS: @SilverBride , I think you misread my posts as I said the unlocks are per character, but after that the entire system is accountwide. This goes for all my examples. Scripts do not work like that! (you disagreed with me, while typing exactly the same as I did)
  • alpha_synuclein
    alpha_synuclein
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the scripts are to stay non-accountwide they need proper curation and stackability.
    Luckilly, the latter is incoming. But rng based farming is not fun...

The former already exists in the game as well.

Scripts are curated based on what the character earning them actually knows. If you farm the scripts (i.e. do the daily quests) on your main who already knows them all, then you'll be having an RNG fest. But if you earn the Scripts on an alt who needs them, they will always get one of the specified type that they still need, save the Scripts that have special drop locations (the MG Scripts or the quest ones).

I didn't know that at first and it was very frustrating since the one I needed never dropped... until I learned this and just did the quests on the alt who needed a certain Script, and then there it was.

I stand corrected! I remember getting duplicates while farming just after the chapter dropped. It put me off farming for over 4 weeks...
    Yesterday I logged back in to do some dailies and it seems I am indeed receiving only scripts that I didn't learn.
    Edited by alpha_synuclein on July 25, 2024 7:54AM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    @SilverBride , I think you misread my posts as I said the unlocks are per character, but after that the entire system is accountwide. This goes for all my examples. Scripts do not work like that! (you disagreed with me, while typing exactly the same as I did)

I think there was a misunderstanding with how things were worded.
    Edited by SilverBride on July 25, 2024 3:10PM
    PCNA
  • Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    That would only be a fair comparison if weapon or guild skilllines had a one level per day accountwide timegate. Noone would be ok with that!
    In your example we can do more than just one level(script) and we can log into another character and gain more levels(timegated). So this is not a fair comparison.

On the topic: Maybe a solution for scripts would be to keep the system as it is now, but when a character completes the final wing in the scholarium, they get access to all scripts learned on the entire account(accountwide with effort).

PS: @SilverBride , I think you misread my posts as I said the unlocks are per character, but after that the entire system is accountwide. This goes for all my examples. Scripts do not work like that! (you disagreed with me, while typing exactly the same as I did)

I get 6 curated scripts per day (on first toon) when I do the WB, delve, incursion and the 3 guild dailies and there are the PVP ones you could do too (I don't know if they are curated, but I'd guess so). So it is way more than the once per day that you state.
    Plus the fact you can then do more of the same and have a 25% chance to get a script drop.
    As I said before I have no issue with this system, unless you just CBA to do it of course.
    Edited by Hamish999 on July 25, 2024 5:22PM
    PC-EU
    Do'Zahra - Khajiit - StamDK - AD
    Narese Telvanni - Dunmer - Petsorc - EP
    Anastasie Chastain - Breton - Magplar - DC
    Gashnakh the Lusty - Orc - Stamsorc - AD
    Stands-In-Stoopid - Argonian - Warden Tank - AD
    Talia al-Morwha - Redguard - Stamden - AD
    Makes-Fier-Wrong - Argonian - Stamblade - AD
    Busty-Argonian-Maid - Argonian - Templar Healer - AD
    Alaru Telvanni - Dunmer - Stamplar - AD
    Ko'Raehsi - Khajiit - Magsorc - AD
    Torhild Rock-Chucker - Nord - StamDK - AD
    Drusilla Larouche - Breton - MagDK - AD
    Ko'Khanni - Khajiit - Magden - AD
    Ilithyia Ectorius - Imperial - DK Tank -AD
    Rosara Laumont - Breton - Warden Healer - AD
    Do'Darri - Khajiit - Stam Arcanist - AD

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
  • EdjeSwift
    EdjeSwift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get 6 curated scripts per day (on first toon) when I do the WB, delve, incursion and the 3 guild dailies and there are the PVP ones you could do too (I don't know if they are curated, but I'd guess so). So it is way more than the once per day that you state.
    Plus the fact you can then do more of the same and have a 25% chance to get a script drop.
    As I said before I have no issue with this system, unless you just CBA to do it of course.

It's 9 per day guaranteed, I did it everyday until I finished all 20 characters via funneling. Three of whom never did a single daily/quest and got their drops done.
    Antiquities Addict