Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Scripts are creating a storage emergency, PLEASE help now!

darvaria
darvaria
✭✭✭✭✭
We need a sticker book. No one wants to start vendoring scripts we may need on the next update or who knows we. We can not possible store all of those. And they really need to be available for all toons. We are much too far in this game to run around collecting scripts for 8-10 alts.

PLEASE do it now.

Darv
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are you storing all those scripts? Learn them on your alts. I’m working on 19 characters — I don’t expect to learn all scripts on all of them, not for a long time at least, but focus on what I expect my be useful given the class, weapons, and role(s) of that character.
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Learn them until you know them all, then just vendor. Those scripts aren't going to need to be re-learned after any kind of update.
  • darvaria
    darvaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure which ones will be needed rn.
  • EdjeSwift
    EdjeSwift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    darvaria wrote: »

Just learn them all maybe? No matter what changes learning them all doesn't hurt. I'm confused by what could be "needed' later. It's not like learning them precludes you from using them. Unless you're talking about using them on specific characters at which point you can curate ones that look useful.
    Antiquities Addict
  • darvaria
    darvaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS constantly changes thing where they are/are not meta. I don't want to waste them.
  • EdjeSwift
    EdjeSwift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS constantly changes thing where they are/are not meta. I don't want to waste them.

Again, how does unlocking the knowledge so it's permanently available on a character wasteful?
    Antiquities Addict
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It wouldn't matter what changes they make. Once your character has learned a script, it won't need another one again. Ever.

Are you under the impression that each time you scribe, you have to have the proper scripts available to plug into it like mats? Cuz that's not how it works. You learn it once, and you can scribe that script as often as you wish, into perpetuity.

Edited by DenverRalphy on July 21, 2024 10:19PM
  • oldbobdude
    oldbobdude
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might have missed something but pretty sure all the scripts I’ve gotten are account bound. How do you vendor them? Maybe the ones you buy at the scholarium or IA vendor are not bound? Idk.
    Edited by oldbobdude on July 21, 2024 10:28PM
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    oldbobdude wrote: »
    I might have missed something but pretty sure all the scripts I’ve gotten are account bound. How do you vendor them? Maybe the ones you but at the scholarium or IA vendor are not bound? Idk.

Bound doesn't stop you from selling to an npc vendor, just other players
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know it is a temporary problem that will eventually go away but it would be kind of nice if the scripts stacked.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • oldbobdude
    oldbobdude
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    I might have missed something but pretty sure all the scripts I’ve gotten are account bound. How do you vendor them? Maybe the ones you but at the scholarium or IA vendor are not bound? Idk.

Hmm. I’ll take a look, I was sure they were marked as not sellable to NPC vendor like treasure maps and other stuff. Hope I’m wrong.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just do what others do and learn them. I have 7 characters and I only need a few more to have them all learned on all my characters. After that I will just sell the duplicates to a merchant with the rest of the junk I accumulate.
    PCNA
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Hmm. I’ll take a look, I was sure they were marked as not sellable to NPC vendor like treasure maps and other stuff. Hope I’m wrong.

They all have a 3g or mostly 28g vendor value for me.
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can just sell them too. I've sold double scripts before. No need to hold onto em at all
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    I know it is a temporary problem that will eventually go away but it would be kind of nice if the scripts stacked.

Now this would be nice though. I do agree.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sell price is going up to 999 gold in the next update.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

noblecron wrote: »
    kargen27 wrote: »

Now this would be nice though. I do agree.

9xlherqdez2w.jpg

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/662078/pts-patch-notes-v10-1-0#latest

Soon(TM)
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just use the hand-me-down system that I have to use for furnishing plans and motifs on my toons, except that I prioritize the characters a bit differently (like I picked PvP toons first because my PvE toons are dps) and run them all through the banker.

Eventually all of them will know everything.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The scripts are not used up when you scribe a spell. They are like recipes. So learn them all on all characters, in whatever system of priority makes sense for you. Then however the meta changes, you will be prepared.
  • Poss
    Poss
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice if they stacked, that’s the only thing I’d like to see so I can hang on to duplicates until the vendor prices go up
  • EdjeSwift
    EdjeSwift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poss wrote: »
    Would be nice if they stacked, that’s the only thing I’d like to see so I can hang on to duplicates until the vendor prices go up

I wouldn't hold my breath on the current ones being worth 999 when the patch hits. Since it's a fundamental change (level/value) I don't know if they'd do it retroactively.
    Antiquities Addict
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have 11 chars. Right now 7 have learned every script and the last 4 are almost there. They may be done in another week. The script grind hasn’t been so bad, with them being curated and all. It’s given all my characters something only each one could do when it was their turn to do the script-giving dailies first that day to get the curated scripts they needed, and I’ve enjoyed that aspect. Now, we just need more ink! 🤣
  • oldbobdude
    oldbobdude
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are absolutely right. I should have known that. I don’t know how many bound companion items I’ve sold to NPC vendor.
  • LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What someone said:
    Scripts are creating a storage emergency,

What I heard:
    The sky is falling!!
    again

There ain't no shelter here... ;)

REQUIREMENTS NOT MET
  • RomanRex
    RomanRex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

gotta have the extra bank space or it becomes a nightmare quick. more inventory management.

it won’t change.

[edited for conspiracy theory]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 22, 2024 10:09AM
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [edited to remove quote]

[edited by author cuz it no longer made sense without quote]

Edited by DenverRalphy on July 22, 2024 5:34PM
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We didn't need ANOTHER set of recipes to stockpile and pass on, especially since you don't know who knows them (on other alts) on console.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We didn't need ANOTHER set of recipes to stockpile and pass on, especially since you don't know who knows them (on other alts) on console.

I know there is an addon that tracks that but I just made a spreadsheet on a piece of paper and tracked mine that way.
    PCNA
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Focus on the scripts that your character has skill lines for. Go to the Grimoire page in your "Skills" menu and click on the Grimoire for your current alts two weapon skills, Alliance skills and Guild skills and you'll see which scripts go with which grimoire.
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let them be decon into ink
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not gambling or paying 45 : lol :
    20% base speed for high ping players.
    Streak moves you faster then speed cap.
    Khajiit has the best damage passive in the game, lol 12%. Insane.