Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.3 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

PTS Update 43 - Feedback Thread for Home Tours

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the Home Tours Feature being introduced in Update 43. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Did you list any homes for touring? If so, was the process clear?
  • Did you visit any homes through the Recommended or Browse Homes section of Home Tours? Were you able to find homes that matched your interests?
  • Did you use Tags when listing or searching for homes? If so, did the current set of Tags work well? Are there Tags that you would like to see added?
  • Did you Favorite or Recommend any homes?
  • How do you plan to use Home Tours when they are available outside the PTS? Is there anything you'd like to see adjusted or improved?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on July 8, 2024 8:37PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a great system!

I would humbly like to request "Crafting" & "Combat practise" housing tags
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a great system!

I would humbly like to request "Crafting" & "Combat practise" housing tags

Great suggestion! Several time I’ve given a link to one of my homes to someone in zone chat who was looking for access to a trial dummy.
  • CyberDiva
    CyberDiva
    ✭✭✭
    I think the Tags need a LOT of work. Here are my thoughts.

"Artwork" is extremely vague. What does that even mean? You could think your house is a "work of art" and list it there...and yet if the tag means art galleries, the house does not belong.

"Colorful" is extremely vague and too broad. Most houses are colorful. I think perhaps you need to remove this tag completely.

"Festive" is extremely vague. It fits right in there with Colorful. Many, many, many houses are festive. You could fill a house with flowers and call it colorful and festive. No one would have any idea what the house was about. Did you mean to use "Party" instead, perhaps? Or "Festival"? As in, the place is decorated as if for a festival or party? I believe those would be more appropriate, if that is what you mean by "festive".

"Magic" is extremely vague and gives no concept of what it is for. Explain, please. What do you mean?

"Playful" is extremely vague. It fits right up there with Colorful and Festive. I am truly at a loss as to what would go under this category.

"Sacred" is extremely vague and gives zero concept of what it is for. Explain, please. This category makes zero sense to me. If you mean houses that feature Religious themes, you might consider using that instead of Sacred. It would make much more sense.

"Sinister" is an absolutely awful tag. The very definition of Sinister means Evil or Leading to Evil. Please change the tag to something more fitting, such as Horror or Macabre. This way, all those Halloween decorated houses that feature zero evil, as well as other houses that feature no evil but still fit into Horror and/or Macabre, have a nice home to go to.
  • CyberDiva
    CyberDiva
    ✭✭✭
    I would absolutely love to see the following:

More allowable characters for the nickname. Give us about ten more characters and I shall be a very happy person. As is, the number of allowed characters is very short.

The ability to post a Description of the house (such as we can do on EHT) in case there are certain things you want the visitor to know, such as "go in this door last!"
  • seecodenotgames
    seecodenotgames
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like there to be a long description, maybe 250 chars, which can be used to tell a story about the house, or give instructions to visitors. Obviously not all users will use English as their main language, but this is not different than the MOTD on guilds. There's already a report button for inappropriate nicknames, so it wouldn't necessarily create more work for mods.

I did notice on the report house option, there was an option to report offensive arrangements. I can see in some cases people could do some bad things, but I can also see people using it to report NSFW houses or gore, which may be within the game anyway.

I definitely feel the tags could be extended. More would be good, but too many would make it hard to find the ones you want. Not sure free text would work as the filters wouldn't work, but certainly feel the current choice lacking.

There definitely should be a guild house option, it wouldn't add any functionality, but it would allow people to find other guild's houses. It would also be nice if it showed the guild houses from your own guilds, presumably this would have to match based on the guild leader.
    Houses on PC EU (newest first)
    66. Undaunted Fortress - The undaunted have moved into these Orcish Towers
    65. Wedding at Sea (The Fair Winds) - Have a lovely wedding ceremony at sea and relax in the bridal suite in the Captain's Quarters
    64. Alikr Oasis Paradise (Sword-singer's Redoubt) - This grand home was built above a deep well to commemorate their ancestors
    63. Azandars Tea House (Kelesan Ruhn) - A tea shop/cafe in the shape of a life-sized teapot
    62. Sand Castles (Fogbreak Lighthouse) - A literal life size sand castle
    61. Riften Meadery (Old Mistveil Manor) - A new meadery has opened outside Riften
    60. Helene's Writing Room (Golden Gryphon Garret) - A small room for Helene to get some quiet writing time
    59. Picnic at Pelin (Black Vine Villa) - Based on the lore book Picnic at Pelin (A Horror Story)
    58. Almalexias Temple (Forsaken Stronghold) - A Dunmer Tower with a shrine to the three
    57. Pirate New Life For Me (Highhallow Hold) - A pirate tavern where they gift you loot
    56. Woodvine Cathedral (Agony's Ascent) - A living cathedral thriving in the Deadlands
    55. Dark Elf Town House (Quondam Indorilia) - A small and cosy town house on the edge of Mournhold
    54. The Secret Tower (Exorcised Coven Cottage) - A hidden mage tower in the swamps on the Hag Fen
    53. Knight Club (Frostvault Chasm) - A disco in a dwarven mineshaft
    52. Dwemer Cave City (The Erstwhile Sanctuary) - A lost dwarven city has been found deep underground
    51. Alinor Gryphon Aerie (Colossal Aldmeri Grotto) - A place where gryphons are trained
    50. The Charred Towers (Doomchar Plateau) - Deadlands themed fortress with two towers and custom furniture
    49. Argonian Sea Town (Tel Galen) - An Argonian sea port
    48. Daedric Princess Tower (Seaveil Spire) - An underwater tower dedicated to the Daedric Prince Meridia
    47. Fargrave Observatory (Ossa Accentium) - An observatory in the portal realm of Fargrave
    46. Hundings Beach House (Hundings Palatial Hall) - Beach house and hottub
    45. Crystal Gardens (Snugpod) - Enchanted Gardens with crystalline trees
    44. Dawnlight Health Spa (Princely Dawnlight Palace) - Our spa waters are revitalising and ready to heal your aching body
    43. Mountainside Retreat (Pariah's Pinnacle) - An orc mountainside hall with an amazing view
    42. Volcanic Vile Villa (Kushalit Sanctuary) - A private hollowed out volcano for all your mad alchemist needs
    41. Arenthian Water Temple (Strident Springs Demesne) - A relaxing water temple outside Arenthia
    40. Woodland Cottage (Ald Velothi Harbor House) - A house in a tree, but not a treehouse
    39. Winter Snow Meadhall (Enchanted Snow Globe Home) - A winter meadhall has opened to get everyone in the festive mood
    38. Fire and Ice Hotel (Elinhir Private Arena) - An new hotel has opened with an ice bar and a lava room
    37. City of Princes (Pantherfang Chapel) - Citadese is under attack from a dragon invasion. Prince Tarvia is leading the escape through the sewers.
    36. Dark Brotherhood Home (Stay-Moist Mansion) - A Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary found beneath an Argonian village
    35. Volkihar Courtyard (Velothi Reverie) - A castle courtyard modelled on the famous Volkihar Castle in Skyrim
    34. Rada's Summer Getaway (Potentate's Retreat) - A Redguard mansion with a dark vampiric secret in the basement
    33. Cascadia Wine N Dine (Sweetwater Cascades) - Vineyard and meadery with two restaurants and a chapel
    32. Walled Kitchen Garden (Amaya Lake Lodge) - Fresh produce and cut flowers for sale. Hot food served in a family restaurant.
    31. Luckycat Summerhouse (Lucky Cat Landing) - A khajiiti villa with spa and dining
    30. Helene's Boutique (Water's Edge) - The famous dressmaker has opened a new dress shop in town
    29. Alinor Garden Party (Mathiisen Manor) - A party in the flower gardens of a Altmer noble's manor
    28. Markarth Bath House (Stone Eagle Aerie) - A relaxing spa and bath house with an arts and craft centre
    27. Treeboat house (The Gorinir Estate) - No one know how an imperial ship ended up in the treetops
    26. Varlaisvea College (Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins) - An ancient library has been discovered deep inside an Ayleid ruin
    25. City on the Moon (The Orbservatory Prior) - Moonbase with housing and an inn under the stars
    24. Lakemire Water Gardens (Lakemire Xanmeer Manor) - Relaxing hanging gardens and a fish restaurant beneath the Xanmeer
    23. Hircine's Hunt Club (Hunters Glade) - A relaxing villa for werewolves to feast in the ever refilling hunting grounds
    22. Lost Dwarven Kingdom (Shalidor’s Shrouded Realm) - A lost Dwemer king's palace has been found in a mage's pocket realm
    21. Replaced with 54. The Secret Tower
    20. Topal Fishing Resort (Grand Topal Hideaway) - A resort in the middle of a fishing lake on a private island
    19. Castleton Manor (Alinor Crest Townhouse) - The home of Lord Castleton and his daughter Sonja
    18. Cave of BBQ N Ribs (Earthtear Cavern) - A secret rocky dome, hosts a BBQ and ribs restaurant
    17. Who Lived in a Shoe (The Ample Domicile) - There was an old reach witch who lived in a shoe
    16. Dwemer Party Tower (Hall of the Lunar Champion - Lion's Cradle) - A dwarven flying tower repurposed for parties
    15. A Taste of Alinor (Sleek Creek House) - A small piece of Alinor beside a creek
    14. Lava Submarine Base (Bastion Sanguinaris) - An evil vampire alchemy lab, accessible only via a lava submarine
    13. Spirit-tree Library (Wraithhome) - A library built atop an ancient forest within an ancient Daedric ruin
    12. Golden Beach Palace (Thieves' Oasis) - A dwarven inspired Redguard beach resort
    11. Mad Scientists House (Cyrodilic Jungle House) - Workshop and garage with an experimental De-lore-ean
    10. Big Toy House (Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery) - Two life sized doll's houses and a inn beneath the stairs
    9. Icy Falls Inn (Forgemaster Falls) - Two Nord lodges on a lake, serving mead and fresh fish
    8. Blue-ice Palace (Stillwaters Retreat) - Solitude, but on a frozen lake
    7. Mushroom Manor (Coldharbour Surreal Estate) - Dunmer house built from giant mushrooms
    6. Vampire Academy with wine bar (Daggerfall Overlook) - Come for the nibbles; stay for eternity
    5. Three Pillows War (Grymharth's Woe) - Re-enact the three banners war with pillow forts and floof balls
    4. Treefern House (Moon-sugar meadow) - Giant treefern treehouse
    3. Artaeum Theatre/Opera housel (Grand Psijic Manor) - Tiered Balcony
    2. Imperial Bridal Suite (Linchal Grand Manor) - Wedding venue with bridal suite extension
    1. Dragonguard Penthouse (Jode's Embrace) - 3 Extra floors, with indoor conservatory and top floor gym
  • MageCatF4F
    MageCatF4F
    ✭✭✭✭
    * Did you list any homes for touring? If so, was the process clear?

Yes. It was clear enough.

*Did you visit any homes through the Recommended or Browse Homes section of Home Tours? Were you able to find homes that matched your interests?

Visited one home through browse. Recommended means nothing to me.

To match my interest I would like to read a paragraph description like the more advanced EHT Community Housing function has.

*Did you use Tags when listing or searching for homes? If so, did the current set of Tags work well? Are there Tags that you would like to see added?

I used a tag. It's probably ok for some people. More tags won't necessarily improve things.

*Did you Favorite or Recommend any homes?

Recommend? That is something I will never do. I think it is a bad idea.

*How do you plan to use Home Tours when they are available outside the PTS? Is there anything you'd like to see adjusted or improved?

I don't plan to use it very much at all unless Cardinal05 shuts down the Community Housing Server.
    In that case I may just skip having any open houses.

I'd like to see a description paragraph field added and I'd like to see house voting gone.

*Do you have any other general feedback?

This seems to be a minimal version of the more advanced EHT Community Housing Server aimed squarely at console users (and those PCers who refuse add-ons). At that, this seems to be quite reliable and fast, where the EHT version has a lot of "character" shall we say.

Two things make it worse than the EHT version: 1) Lack of even the option of putting in a paragraph description of my house. 2) House voting. Although, of course, some people will be just crazy about this. For various reasons.

One thing is different - no guest book. I have to say the EHT guest book has pros and cons for sure.

That's all I got so far. As the big housing feature I consider it small. I wouldn't be nearly so, shall we say disenchanted, if you had given us this for the console and PC add-on haters, AND 50 more housing furniture slots for the rest of us. Or even just the ability to modify how we apportion our slots among the various furniture types. Is that really impossible?
  • ThelerisTelvanni
    ThelerisTelvanni
    ✭✭✭
    Well I think that there are missing a few things for utility:
    • Tags for cultural stuff like houses with Imperial, Dunmer, Telvanni, Direnni, Aylied, Dwemer, Deadric (maybe one for each prince) and so on.
    • Utility tags like crafting stations, combat dummys and so on.
    • Housing intent tags! Is this an "artwork"? Is this a house to be lived in? Is this a minnigame?
    • A description from the creator.
    • Maybe direction informations. I mean it is suposed to be a tuor!
    • Finer interation permissions like allow to used doors and time changers but no messing with the lights or so.
    • Maybe a guest book
  • WolfCombatPet
    WolfCombatPet
    ✭✭✭
    Tags I would use:
    Castle
    Palace
    Cottage
    Cabin
    Tower
    Farm
    Tavern
    Inn
    Restaurant
    Garden
    Spa
    Store

Have a separate browsing window for utility houses:

Crafting stations & transmute
    Combat dummies
    Mundus stones

Edited by WolfCombatPet on July 9, 2024 1:10AM
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Allow to set permission to Decorator with some confirmation box that requires you to type something like CONFIRM.
    Use case: house with 700 different furnishings that visitors can toy around with, see how different pieces fit together, etc. Could be useful service.
  • allochthons
    allochthons
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another vote for tags such as
    > Crafting stations & transmute
    > Combat dummies
    > Mundus stones

But add one for "Guild only." I would love to open up my parse house to all of my guilds, without having to set it as my primary, but also without opening it to the public. And sure, that can be set in permissions, but this would save time for folks who see the listing in the new Home Tours window, but can't visit due to those permissions.

And, while it's not designed for this, the housing tours does go a long way to satisfying this request:
    Please give us a way to visit non-primary houses [console]
    She/They
    PS5/NA
  • allochthons
    allochthons
    ✭✭✭✭
    There definitely should be a guild house option, it wouldn't add any functionality, but it would allow people to find other guild's houses. It would also be nice if it showed the guild houses from your own guilds, presumably this would have to match based on the guild leader.
    I think this is a great idea. However, not all guild houses are owned by the guild leader. In fact, 4 out of 5 of mine aren't.

Edited by allochthons on July 9, 2024 11:25AM
    She/They
    PS5/NA
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Did you list any homes for touring? If so, was the process clear?

I visited quite a few houses and it was very easy and straightforward.

2) Did you visit any homes through the Recommended or Browse Homes section of Home Tours? Were you able to find homes that matched your interests?

I used the Browse section because the Recommended filter didn't work for me (maybe not that many houses had been recommended yet when I went on the PTS).

3) Did you use Tags when listing or searching for homes? If so, did the current set of Tags work well? Are there Tags that you would like to see added?

I also visited some houses through tags to see how they worked, and they did work as intended. However, the tags should be revised as some of were kind of abstract (like 'artwork', for example), and I think we need more tags related to game themes, like 'daedric' or 'dwemer', and so on.

4) Did you Favorite or Recommend any homes?

I recommended all the houses I liked, I didn't favourite any because I will wait for the live server update to do that.

5) How do you plan to use Home Tours when they are available outside the PTS? Is there anything you'd like to see adjusted or improved?

I will tour houses when I feel like I need a nice relaxing time in the game, or inspiration to do some decorating of my own, or want to take some role-playing screenshots. I would really like to see a short description of each home (much like the functionality in EHT). I also have some feedback on improvements below.

6) Do you have any other general feedback?

I think how the current iteration of the system is very easy to start using and getting into, and this is good for players who might not be familiar with EHT or even players who don't really do Housing altogether, because it might entice them to start looking at what's possible to do with houses in the game. I think the simplicity might bring more players into the Housing system in general, and it might make houses livelier with people touring or role-playing in them. For veteran decorators, they will undoubtedly prefer the EHT community version but since it's only the beginning of the Tours, we will probably see a lot of additions in the future.

The favourite sorting filter is a good idea--when the system goes live there will be countless homes added, so it's great to be able to find your preferred ones quickly. The recommended sorting filter will likely be divisive, because it has the potential to be abused. I don't think it should be removed but I think it shouldn't affect the order of the listings. It could be just be a metric, with no other bearing, and moreover I think the list should be randomized and shuffled each week, so that it's random which houses appear on the top, so that theoretically every player could have a chance to have their house on the front page, so to speak. Now why I believe recommendations are otherwise okay, is because while all housing efforts should be commended and there's something worthwhile to discover in every creation, there are some creations that are really inventive, and over the years I've seen houses from some players that really blew my mind with what they were capable of doing within the confines of the system. I don't mind seeing houses like that recommended (for eg., I toured a house on the PTS that presented a very concrete aesthetic of 70s geometric retro-futuristic designs, that was brilliant in its execution), or houses that may be simple in design but really effective in creating a specific atmosphere (for eg., I saw a house with simple decorations that managed to create a really unsettling and eerie scene that will surely haunt my dreams, so that was a good job :sweat_smile:), so I don't mind if houses like these are featured in some way, but perhaps it should be a separate feature and not affecting the listings per se.
  • Bo0137
    Bo0137
    ✭✭✭✭
    Housing Tour is actually a brilliant idea because it enables players to make content for the game and not encumber the devs with it. I see it as promising as Skyrim, Starfield and Fallout 4 official mod hubs. I envision Housing Tour as an ever-expanding, community-based platform for creativity and having fun - not just, well, touring and scoring people's houses.

Now, in order to make it truly great, I can anticipate three needs: 1. Reward the content creators with crowns; 2. Reward players for spending time in these activities (maybe gold and exp and why not exclusive furnishings); 3. Give the content creators more tools to use.

1. Crowns is the ideal currency for this. No gold, no tel var, no transmute crystals. Crowns. The content creators will spend real money and time to make stuff for Zenimax's customers to have fun. These costumers pay Zenimax. It is bound to have real life value.
    There are very famous games that do that. I can cite Fortnite, Habbo Hotel, Roblox and, specifically being a MMO, MapleStory. Bethesda does this as well with their new official mod system.

2. Players NEED incentive to do these extra activities. I mean, sure, it's really fun socializing and completing these parkour challenges. But you reach the end and you receive nothing. So what happens is: you do it for a couple times; then you stop going to these hubs because you are forced to do something else in the game (like farming or grinding).
    My biggest letdown with Tales of Tribute is it not being an alternative to mob leveling. I mean, I could spend hours over hours playing ToT. The game is really fun; but there is little to no incentive in playing matches! If I sink, let's say, 3 hours of my day into ToT, I feel like I am wasting potential instead of applying my time doing something more rewarding.
    I can see myself spending hours in the Tour system, but I will need some positive feedback for these activities.

3. With both players and content creators having reasons to fiddle with this system, there will be need of more tools to use! I have in mind mob assets, trampolines, lava pools, drinkable furniture (make a pub, a coffee shop or a tavern), minigames (like mudball memento, but with scores). It will also be needed to raise the furniture and the player population cap (it's been heavily requested).

Do not stop the Housing Tour thing at "it's a tool to visit people's homes". It can be so much more than that! There is so much room for improvement. Housing Tour can become an organic source of community-based content. And I believe there's a good opportunity for it to entertain the playerbase even more than the official content does!

-On my shoulder, Ms. Ahvine
  • flizomica
    flizomica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I listed two of my homes and the process was very clear.

I've started exploring some of the recommended homes on PTS, and my goodness, I have found some amazingly stunning ones (that I then recommended as well). I am so excited to explore this more on live when even more people participate in the system!
  • CyberDiva
    CyberDiva
    ✭✭✭
    Bo0137 wrote: »
    2. Players NEED incentive to do these extra activities. I mean, sure, it's really fun socializing and completing these parkour challenges. But you reach the end and you receive nothing. So what happens is: you do it for a couple times; then you stop going to these hubs because you are forced to do something else in the game (like farming or grinding).

I assure you, there are thousands of us housing aficionados, and maybe .00001% might feel as if they need incentive to make houses. I feel like if you need an incentive just to create a house in the game, then housing probably is not for you. Creating houses is a great form of creativity, and most of us in the housing community enjoy just making houses just to make them and for no other reason.

If you feel that you need incentive, perhaps you should try entering a housing contest in a guild. Often prizes such as gold and/or furnishings are given to the winners of those contests, and it challenges you to get better at it.
  • CyberDiva
    CyberDiva
    ✭✭✭
    As there are no official Guildhalls in the game, it would be great to have a tag for Guild House.
    Edited by CyberDiva on July 9, 2024 4:10PM
  • Inari Telvanni
    Inari Telvanni
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely needs to include descriptions for listings! Makes it easier to know what the house is all about, because going off the name isn't enough.
  • Kashya_Vulano
    Kashya_Vulano
    ✭✭✭
    Housing Descriptions, please.

That's the one big thing missing from this, and it's particularly a fuss for those that plan on using these houses as roleplay hubs. Without the ability to add a description, you're lacking the critical ability to convey what the house even is. Tours have really good potential for those that plan to use them for RP, but it's a concept that's nearly dead in the water if we can't convey what or where the house is even supposed to be.
  • Rizi
    Rizi
    ✭✭✭
    Yes to Descriptions for Housing!!!
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i didnt see if it was mentioned, but will the filters be able to filter to a specific player @ name? and i also agree with all those suggesting a description block
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • seecodenotgames
    seecodenotgames
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes you can filter a player name
    Houses on PC EU (newest first)
    66. Undaunted Fortress - The undaunted have moved into these Orcish Towers
    65. Wedding at Sea (The Fair Winds) - Have a lovely wedding ceremony at sea and relax in the bridal suite in the Captain's Quarters
    64. Alikr Oasis Paradise (Sword-singer's Redoubt) - This grand home was built above a deep well to commemorate their ancestors
    63. Azandars Tea House (Kelesan Ruhn) - A tea shop/cafe in the shape of a life-sized teapot
    62. Sand Castles (Fogbreak Lighthouse) - A literal life size sand castle
    61. Riften Meadery (Old Mistveil Manor) - A new meadery has opened outside Riften
    60. Helene's Writing Room (Golden Gryphon Garret) - A small room for Helene to get some quiet writing time
    59. Picnic at Pelin (Black Vine Villa) - Based on the lore book Picnic at Pelin (A Horror Story)
    58. Almalexias Temple (Forsaken Stronghold) - A Dunmer Tower with a shrine to the three
    57. Pirate New Life For Me (Highhallow Hold) - A pirate tavern where they gift you loot
    56. Woodvine Cathedral (Agony's Ascent) - A living cathedral thriving in the Deadlands
    55. Dark Elf Town House (Quondam Indorilia) - A small and cosy town house on the edge of Mournhold
    54. The Secret Tower (Exorcised Coven Cottage) - A hidden mage tower in the swamps on the Hag Fen
    53. Knight Club (Frostvault Chasm) - A disco in a dwarven mineshaft
    52. Dwemer Cave City (The Erstwhile Sanctuary) - A lost dwarven city has been found deep underground
    51. Alinor Gryphon Aerie (Colossal Aldmeri Grotto) - A place where gryphons are trained
    50. The Charred Towers (Doomchar Plateau) - Deadlands themed fortress with two towers and custom furniture
    49. Argonian Sea Town (Tel Galen) - An Argonian sea port
    48. Daedric Princess Tower (Seaveil Spire) - An underwater tower dedicated to the Daedric Prince Meridia
    47. Fargrave Observatory (Ossa Accentium) - An observatory in the portal realm of Fargrave
    46. Hundings Beach House (Hundings Palatial Hall) - Beach house and hottub
    45. Crystal Gardens (Snugpod) - Enchanted Gardens with crystalline trees
    44. Dawnlight Health Spa (Princely Dawnlight Palace) - Our spa waters are revitalising and ready to heal your aching body
    43. Mountainside Retreat (Pariah's Pinnacle) - An orc mountainside hall with an amazing view
    42. Volcanic Vile Villa (Kushalit Sanctuary) - A private hollowed out volcano for all your mad alchemist needs
    41. Arenthian Water Temple (Strident Springs Demesne) - A relaxing water temple outside Arenthia
    40. Woodland Cottage (Ald Velothi Harbor House) - A house in a tree, but not a treehouse
    39. Winter Snow Meadhall (Enchanted Snow Globe Home) - A winter meadhall has opened to get everyone in the festive mood
    38. Fire and Ice Hotel (Elinhir Private Arena) - An new hotel has opened with an ice bar and a lava room
    37. City of Princes (Pantherfang Chapel) - Citadese is under attack from a dragon invasion. Prince Tarvia is leading the escape through the sewers.
    36. Dark Brotherhood Home (Stay-Moist Mansion) - A Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary found beneath an Argonian village
    35. Volkihar Courtyard (Velothi Reverie) - A castle courtyard modelled on the famous Volkihar Castle in Skyrim
    34. Rada's Summer Getaway (Potentate's Retreat) - A Redguard mansion with a dark vampiric secret in the basement
    33. Cascadia Wine N Dine (Sweetwater Cascades) - Vineyard and meadery with two restaurants and a chapel
    32. Walled Kitchen Garden (Amaya Lake Lodge) - Fresh produce and cut flowers for sale. Hot food served in a family restaurant.
    31. Luckycat Summerhouse (Lucky Cat Landing) - A khajiiti villa with spa and dining
    30. Helene's Boutique (Water's Edge) - The famous dressmaker has opened a new dress shop in town
    29. Alinor Garden Party (Mathiisen Manor) - A party in the flower gardens of a Altmer noble's manor
    28. Markarth Bath House (Stone Eagle Aerie) - A relaxing spa and bath house with an arts and craft centre
    27. Treeboat house (The Gorinir Estate) - No one know how an imperial ship ended up in the treetops
    26. Varlaisvea College (Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins) - An ancient library has been discovered deep inside an Ayleid ruin
    25. City on the Moon (The Orbservatory Prior) - Moonbase with housing and an inn under the stars
    24. Lakemire Water Gardens (Lakemire Xanmeer Manor) - Relaxing hanging gardens and a fish restaurant beneath the Xanmeer
    23. Hircine's Hunt Club (Hunters Glade) - A relaxing villa for werewolves to feast in the ever refilling hunting grounds
    22. Lost Dwarven Kingdom (Shalidor’s Shrouded Realm) - A lost Dwemer king's palace has been found in a mage's pocket realm
    21. Replaced with 54. The Secret Tower
    20. Topal Fishing Resort (Grand Topal Hideaway) - A resort in the middle of a fishing lake on a private island
    19. Castleton Manor (Alinor Crest Townhouse) - The home of Lord Castleton and his daughter Sonja
    18. Cave of BBQ N Ribs (Earthtear Cavern) - A secret rocky dome, hosts a BBQ and ribs restaurant
    17. Who Lived in a Shoe (The Ample Domicile) - There was an old reach witch who lived in a shoe
    16. Dwemer Party Tower (Hall of the Lunar Champion - Lion's Cradle) - A dwarven flying tower repurposed for parties
    15. A Taste of Alinor (Sleek Creek House) - A small piece of Alinor beside a creek
    14. Lava Submarine Base (Bastion Sanguinaris) - An evil vampire alchemy lab, accessible only via a lava submarine
    13. Spirit-tree Library (Wraithhome) - A library built atop an ancient forest within an ancient Daedric ruin
    12. Golden Beach Palace (Thieves' Oasis) - A dwarven inspired Redguard beach resort
    11. Mad Scientists House (Cyrodilic Jungle House) - Workshop and garage with an experimental De-lore-ean
    10. Big Toy House (Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery) - Two life sized doll's houses and a inn beneath the stairs
    9. Icy Falls Inn (Forgemaster Falls) - Two Nord lodges on a lake, serving mead and fresh fish
    8. Blue-ice Palace (Stillwaters Retreat) - Solitude, but on a frozen lake
    7. Mushroom Manor (Coldharbour Surreal Estate) - Dunmer house built from giant mushrooms
    6. Vampire Academy with wine bar (Daggerfall Overlook) - Come for the nibbles; stay for eternity
    5. Three Pillows War (Grymharth's Woe) - Re-enact the three banners war with pillow forts and floof balls
    4. Treefern House (Moon-sugar meadow) - Giant treefern treehouse
    3. Artaeum Theatre/Opera housel (Grand Psijic Manor) - Tiered Balcony
    2. Imperial Bridal Suite (Linchal Grand Manor) - Wedding venue with bridal suite extension
    1. Dragonguard Penthouse (Jode's Embrace) - 3 Extra floors, with indoor conservatory and top floor gym
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes you can filter a player name

that sounds good then lol

was hoping it was going to be like the guild finder search, which still does not have the ability to search guild names that im aware of lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

• tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems easy enough to use, if not something that will intimidate the everloving heck out of me since I can't imagine how some of these masters can make the things they do. There have been some times I look at a total rebuild and then I see the base house and wonder how they ever managed it.
    ...meanwhile here I am with my literally one inn room that I decorated as... an inn room.

Anyway, I'll absolutely step in and concur for the description block as well. Right now, all we've got is the ability to give the house a nickname. But there are some house builds that almost demand a paragraph of world-building. I'd love if the option to write a bit more (maybe with a character limit like we have in the /bug reports) so interested artists and their guests could have more explanation.
  • Gaebriel0410
    Gaebriel0410
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have PTS but I I like the feature (I really dislike the EHT interface, so I never used it) though I rreally hope that it has roleplay support right off the bat!

I think it would be great if I could list a house and tag it as RP. Many roleplayers make lore friendly houses of public locations (like a chapel, a roadside tavern, market etc.) and usually are happy to share them with other roleplayers when not in use by themselves. You just have to know who has what, and it can be very hard to keep track of across the community.

And it would be great if we could easily share our public houses with each other through an ingame system like this. Being able to publically list "mini random RP hubs" might even revive random roleplay (which is sadly hard to do in ESO due to the nature of shard servers). If done well, it could potentially also be a great and easy way to meet new roleplayers, since currently you have to look outside of the game to find communities. And something as integral to MMO enjoyment as RP should be easier to find in the game!

I have often ran into new roleplayers who wanted to get into ESO roleplay for years but never found the community because of shards, so just assumed it didn't exist until they bumped into it by chance. Which is a shame, since ESO is a fantastic game for RP and has a thriving RP scene.

Preferably a roleplay tag should come with an indication (a mouseover maybe?) that it is meant for actually roleplaying in the house!

I think most of us don't mind spectators, but just so people know what's up.
  • Kashya_Vulano
    Kashya_Vulano
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have PTS but I I like the feature (I really dislike the EHT interface, so I never used it) though I rreally hope that it has roleplay support right off the bat!

There is a Roleplay tag available in the PTS version of housing tours.

6l2p8dmq8z68.png
    Edited by Kashya_Vulano on July 10, 2024 2:32PM
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tours is a good feature, especially if there are plans to improve the system after this base is laid without major issues.

Based on housing tours, I would like to see a way to trade listed houses, so I could sell houses I don't use much, but also make crowns or gold doing what I love to do in ESO, housing. I am sure many would like that.

But to be honest, without increasing the interactivity and what can be done in houses, this feature won't bring much people to housing.
    Consider how cool it would be to have a custom PvP arena, or some puzzle/treasure game if housing would support triggered actions, timers, teleports, traps, grappling hooks etc. That would make visting houses much more interesting, and could add to their replay value. Because face it, after you are done visiting a house, chances are very slim for a 2nd visit.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Bo0137
    Bo0137
    ✭✭✭✭
    CyberDiva wrote: »
    Bo0137 wrote: »

I assure you, there are thousands of us housing aficionados, and maybe .00001% might feel as if they need incentive to make houses. I feel like if you need an incentive just to create a house in the game, then housing probably is not for you. Creating houses is a great form of creativity, and most of us in the housing community enjoy just making houses just to make them and for no other reason.

If you feel that you need incentive, perhaps you should try entering a housing contest in a guild. Often prizes such as gold and/or furnishings are given to the winners of those contests, and it challenges you to get better at it.

You envision Home Tours as a showcase of houses, which is a perfectly fine iteration. I envision Home Tours as a "game mode hub"; micro universes within the game, pocket realms if you will, for people to actually play the game in different ways.

I talk about arenas, jump puzzles, roleplay lounges. This would attract players from otuside the housing niche. People who don't mind housing at all but would enjoy partaking different, creative activities.

While touring houses is fun for the sake of touring houses, I feel it's a great opportunity to explore player-made content.

And this new form of content will have to reward players that are not interested in housing. Otherwise these people will not actually spend much time in it.

I myself don't spend time in houses, at all. But I was really hyped for this announcement because I saw opportunity for good quality content in a much faster cadency (driven by the community). And rewards like gold and exp would prevent me from thinking "right, this is cool; but I'm wasting time doing this activity instead of XXX or YYY"
    -On my shoulder, Ms. Ahvine
  • Gaebriel0410
    Gaebriel0410
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is a Roleplay tag available in the PTS version of housing tours.

6l2p8dmq8z68.png

Thanks for showing! That is awesome!!
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Large, Medium, and Small homes could use player cap increases to better accommodate Home Tours. This would improve group touring events and not make players have to wait turns.

It could be something like:

Inn Rooms: 2 -> 3 or 4
    Apartments: 6 -> 8
    Small: 6 -> 8
    Medium: 12 -> 18
    Large: 12 -> 24 (some Large homes are bigger than some Manor homes)

If needed, this could be an ESO+ bonus or a bonus for listing your home in Home Tours.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »
    Tours is a good feature, especially if there are plans to improve the system after this base is laid without major issues.

Based on housing tours, I would like to see a way to trade listed houses, so I could sell houses I don't use much, but also make crowns or gold doing what I love to do in ESO, housing. I am sure many would like that.

But to be honest, without increasing the interactivity and what can be done in houses, this feature won't bring much people to housing.
    Consider how cool it would be to have a custom PvP arena, or some puzzle/treasure game if housing would support triggered actions, timers, teleports, traps, grappling hooks etc. That would make visting houses much more interesting, and could add to their replay value. Because face it, after you are done visiting a house, chances are very slim for a 2nd visit.

there is already a pvp themed house, the elinhir private arena

so you could decorate that up and list it on the housing tour to make it more easily accessible for people to just go there

i dont know if you could tag it to focus on the pvp aspect of the house though
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master