Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Live: July 3 @1pm ET/5pm UTC"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
1l49t1qwksst.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for, "ESO Live: July 3 @1pm ET/5pm UTC"

"Get a peek at what’s ahead with a special reveal livestream for the upcoming Update 43 base-game patch."
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oooh, looking forward to it! It will be difficult, being in the middle of the day for me, but it is impossible to be convenient for everyone, and hopefully I can carve out the time. :)

Silly question perhaps, but this won’t have spoilers for Gold Road, will it? I wouldn’t expect so since it’s about upcoming features, but seeing characters from the story above, I’m prompted to ask. I like to take my time going through new content. :sweat_smile:

(Edit: Silly typo!)
    Edited by Araneae6537 on July 1, 2024 2:32PM
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Oooh, looking forward to it! It will be difficult, being in the middle of the day for me, but it is impossible to be convenient for everyone, and hopefully I can carve out the time. :)

Silly question perhaps, but this won’t have spoilers for Good Road, will it? I wouldn’t expect so since it’s about upcoming features, but seeing characters from the story above, I’m prompted to ask. I like to take my time going through new content. :sweat_smile:

At most, there may be minor spoilers, (you never know what happens when a stream is live). But the focus is on U43, so there is isn't a focus on Gold Road story or lore. We'll pass along the note just to make sure the team is aware not to have spoilers.

Also the vod will be up after. So if you can't make it live, there will be the recording available.
    Edited by ZOS_Kevin on July 1, 2024 2:21PM
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Associate Director of Community Management Jessica Folsom"

Go Jess! :smile:
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

Silly question perhaps, but this won’t have spoilers for Good Road, will it? I wouldn’t expect so since it’s about upcoming features, but seeing characters from the story above, I’m prompted to ask. I like to take my time going through new content. :sweat_smile:

At most, there may be minor spoilers, (you never know what happens when a stream is live). But the focus is on U43, so there is isn't a focus on Gold Road story or lore. We'll pass along the note just to make sure the team is aware not to have spoilers.

Also the vod will be up after. So if you can't make it live, there will be the recording available.

@ZOS_Kevin To set some expectations for us will the new PVP content be discussed in depth or is that U44?
    Also will the comments from the AUA on Reddit be followed up on during the stream? e.g. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/661155/when-will-scribed-skills-be-saveable-and-swappable-using-the-armoury-system-within-cyro
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on July 1, 2024 2:49PM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

@ZOS_Kevin To set some expectations for us will the new PVP content be discussed in depth?
    Also will the comments from the AUA on Reddit be followed up on during the stream? e.g. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/661155/when-will-scribed-skills-be-saveable-and-swappable-using-the-armoury-system-within-cyro

the pvp feature is in update 44, not 43.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • iPomasHD
    iPomasHD
    ✭✭
    I hope we will see changes in Console Environmental Sustainability Features :'(
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are these streams held when most people on PCNA are not able to watch?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by kyle.wilson on July 1, 2024 4:14PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are these streams held when most people on PCNA are not able to watch?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

When should it be? Better than being in the middle of the night for PC EU. People in PC NA might be able to watch it over a lunch break.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this the update with the 2 new companions?
    PC EU
  • Maythor
    Maythor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope think that is Q4 too along with the PVP, this one should be the one with the housing addition if I remember correctly!
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Silly question perhaps, but this won’t have spoilers for Gold Road, will it? I wouldn’t expect so since it’s about upcoming features, but seeing characters from the story above, I’m prompted to ask. I like to take my time going through new content. :sweat_smile:

(Edit: Silly typo!)

I second this comment in regards to spoilers. I'm still a little sad the end of Necrom was spoiled for me.

I'm looking forward to the stream though. I don't expect this one to be story or spoiler heavy. Plus, I'm off work this week, so maybe I can actually watch it live!
  • Marronsuisse
    Marronsuisse
    ✭✭✭✭

They're coming along with the PvP feature in Q4 I believe.
    Kallykat wrote: »
    I second this comment in regards to spoilers. I'm still a little sad the end of Necrom was spoiled for me.

Yeah I was surprised to have the end of Necrom spoiled when I was a couple quests away from finishing it :.) I guess it was because the Gold Road story is so connected to the end of Necrom, but I wish they'd have found a way to avoid the spoilers.

Edited by Marronsuisse on July 2, 2024 1:42AM
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kallykat wrote: »

Yeah I was surprised to have the end of Necrom spoiled when I was a couple quests away from finishing it :.) I guess it was because the Gold Road story is so connected to the end of Necrom, but I wish they'd have found a way to avoid the spoilers.

If they had at least given us a spoiler warning ahead of time, I could have made the decision not to watch or to hurry through the Necrom story first. Oh well, c'est la vie, I guess.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @ZOS_Kevin To set some expectations for us will the new PVP content be discussed in depth or is that U44?

PvP update is U44. So we will not focus on that during this livestream.
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager

This will be in U44. So not this update, but the next one. Just a bit longer for the companions update.
    Staff Post
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone tell me when this will be going live for the west coast?
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭

10:00
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

10:00

Thanks ik not the brightest of sehts bulbs
  • erdYrrson
    erdYrrson
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the stream :)
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Let's hear about Tales of Tribute - it's been a while.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    thanks for the awesome stream!
    love the new houses,
    Seabloom Villa in Auridon is so beautiful! i love the flower toggle for it and the design of the house is something i haven't seen in-game before which is nice.

and the House of the Five Companions looks awesome, the table with the illusions is funny.
    and home tours seem cool too.

it's nice that the Archive is getting an update too, i hope Gothmau gets a little nerf in u43.

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worst and most disappointing stream I have ever watched since starting to play in beta.

Starting to lose hope for the future of this game after this, honestly.
    ->--Willow--<-
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to admit I was hoping for a bit more housing features. I do think it's nice what's being added, but it feels a bit small for an update. I was lowkey expecting a higher furnishing limit and something cool like being able to control the weather or move the spot in the house where you+visitors enter.

I know it's a free (forty-free waheey!) update and the enthousiasm of the team is just lovely. I won't complain too much. Thanks for the stream!
    Edited by Katheriah on July 3, 2024 7:26PM
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am still speechless!!

I saw the datamines but I honestly thought the much "talked up" Housing Feature would actually have more to offer than just publishing our builds!

I appreciate some people really like the idea, it's just not my thing, we do guild house tours and competitions and personally I like to know whose in my houses. 😕
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Kaelalas
    Kaelalas
    ✭✭✭
    I want to preface this by saying I really love ESO.

That being said, I'm rapidly losing faith in Zenimax here. After the train wreck of an anniversary event, I was really hoping the housing update would be the redeemer. Is the new touring feature cool? Sort of, but it certainly wasn't worth it's own "big" update, let alone all the hype generated from keeping it a secret for so long. I've seen countless posts of people speculating what the big mystery housing update would include. There are too many to repeat, but the point is that a very sizable number of players are left disappointed by what essentially boils down to a rip-off of a pc addon. Is it great for console players? sure. Is it great for anyone else? not so much.
    I for one felt like my time was wasted with all the fluffy, meaningless conversations the devs on stream were having in the lead up to the new feature. Then, when the feature was finally revealed, I and countless others watching were left wondering "is that it? really?".

I am honestly just appalled by how out of touch Zenimax seems to be with their playerbase. This whole 10th year anniversary has just been a one slap to the face after another.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's so two chapters ago! Just kidding, I love ToT. But don't expect any ToT-related news until the reveal for the next chapter in another six months or so. Tweaks to existing cards and decks, maybe, but nothing newsworthy enough to be mentioned in a reveal until the next chapter.

The new feature looks interesting; I'll definitely be checking out the amazing creations that other players have come up with.

I'm also looking forward to the curated purple coffers for Undaunted dungeon sets.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

That's so two chapters ago! Just kidding, I love ToT. But don't expect any ToT-related news until the reveal for the next chapter in another six months or so. Tweaks to existing cards and decks, maybe, but nothing newsworthy enough to be mentioned in a reveal until the next chapter.

The new feature looks interesting; I'll definitely be checking out the amazing creations that other players have come up with.

I'm also looking forward to the curated purple coffers for Undaunted dungeon sets.

we've been getting decks every q2 and q4 update since its release so likely in update 44 as well which is earlier than next chapter

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am honestly baffled by how many people were, apparently, really expecting an increase in housing limits. Don’t get me wrong, that would be totally awesome and I had a tiny hope for such myself, but I realized that was almost certainly not going to happen for all the reasons ZOS officially stated several years ago.

I think a housing library is an excellent feature to add AND I have seen people ask for this multiple times over the years. Not everyone uses add-ons, and obviously those on console hadn’t the option.

I still want to see emote for houseguests, ZOS, and why in the world do we have hardly any armor, weapon, and instrument furnishings when these are everywhere? But this looks like a good addition if the ability to copy-paste builds with add-ons is resolved.

Regarding other announcements, I’m happy to hear of more curated drops and new additions to IA (I hope there will continue to be new Apocryphal furnishing plans and BOOKS added in future updates as well)!

Are new skill styles only going to be options for color? I mean, it’s nice to have, but I would really like options for animations and summons, such as proper spiders for trapping web instead of hoarvors and I’m not even going to start on class skills! :lol:
    Edited by Araneae6537 on July 3, 2024 9:21PM
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Even though some people use housing addons, huge numbers of players don't, especially when new. Having an open invite to a house in the basegame UI will make a big difference in housing participation on PC. It also has nice tags and integrated permission settings. Excited to just go on random housing tours without having to find them first!

I'm overall excited for it. I worry it might make some in the housing discords or guilds feel jealous if they see someone using a cobble that they see themselves as owning, and might assume the lister is trying to pretend it's their original creation. I'd hope that people who submit their houses for the public to enjoy let people take inspiration and ideas from them in an open source way, without trying to police what's correct behavior or not, who has "permission", etc. (I don't mean copying a whole house, just cobbles)

It can also make the public listings a bit of a popularity contest for people who might want their guildies to bump them up to featured. That can also lead to unhealthy attachments to reputation and competition, so hopefully people take care of themselves and try not to be too attached to how strangers see them or their builds.

Overall, I think the feature is going to be great! It makes house sharing much less exclusive. New players can jump right in. I can finally get some more visitors to my dueling arena I spent all that time on lol. I wonder how it will favor newer vs older listings?

Also--this can open up more RP spots if people find a way to let in roleplayers and keep trolls out.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Alp
    Alp
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's good to have the feature available for console players but it's hard to not wish there was more to the update.