Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Live: July 3 @1pm ET/5pm UTC"

• SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Let's hear about Tales of Tribute - it's been a while.

That's so two chapters ago! Just kidding, I love ToT. But don't expect any ToT-related news until the reveal for the next chapter in another six months or so. Tweaks to existing cards and decks, maybe, but nothing newsworthy enough to be mentioned in a reveal until the next chapter.

The new feature looks interesting; I'll definitely be checking out the amazing creations that other players have come up with.

I'm also looking forward to the curated purple coffers for Undaunted dungeon sets.

we've been getting decks every q2 and q4 update since its release so likely in update 44 as well which is earlier than next chapter

My bad, then. But any Q4 reveal is still a quarter of a year away.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    Let's hear about Tales of Tribute - it's been a while.

That's so two chapters ago! Just kidding, I love ToT. But don't expect any ToT-related news until the reveal for the next chapter in another six months or so. Tweaks to existing cards and decks, maybe, but nothing newsworthy enough to be mentioned in a reveal until the next chapter.

The new feature looks interesting; I'll definitely be checking out the amazing creations that other players have come up with.

I'm also looking forward to the curated purple coffers for Undaunted dungeon sets.

we've been getting decks every q2 and q4 update since its release so likely in update 44 as well which is earlier than next chapter

My bad, then. But any Q4 reveal is still a quarter of a year away.

that is probably true though zos did reveal update 40 details events last year like Tavern way earlier so perhaps this year as well for update 44.
    it's at least earlier than chapter reveals regardless
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • RomanRex
    RomanRex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The stream was low energy, meandered from the topic, and the presenters didn’t seem like they even wanted to be there.

It's another disappointing update, paired with a depressing, dour stream to announce it.
  • SilentFox22
    SilentFox22
    ✭✭✭
    The new homes and housing ui are……nice, particularly for console players.

However, as a pc player who already uses the addon and will still have to continue to use the addon for its other features after the update goes live, this is nothing new or interesting for a player like me.

• 16BitForestCat
    16BitForestCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are exactly two things I was hoping for from a "big housing announcement" but neither of those happened. I'm totally neutral on Housing Tours right now, and a community voting system is a terrible idea. It's never the people with the actual skills who win; it's always the people who are able to rally their fans or pay off the largest group to vote for them. And since I really am not looking forward to the Infinite Archive changes (for the extremely rare times I'll even go in there), all I got out of that stream was a crate. Heh.

The two things I wanted from the housing system:

—Furniture deconstruction. I don't even care if it's not retroactive to currently existing furnishings, similar to what happened with jewelry decon. I just want to decon those 2 million Void-Crystal Anomalies my alts will be getting as I level their Antiquities and get some darn housing mats out of it for once. Even as a serial looter who hasn't crafted many furnishings, my housing mat supply is still criminally low, so I've done very little with housing despite loving it. Which means I don't spend as much time in game as I could. Which is bad for ZOS's engagement metrics, the ones their shareholders and corporate overlords love so much. Being able to decon furnishings for mats would breathe new life into housing for me and make me spend more time in game.

—Guestbook/guest tracker system. I would love to have a dated, timestamped, per-home list of everyone who's visited my houses within whatever timeframe. I would also love if players could leave notes for homeowners, like when you rent a place at the beach, and the owner has left a cute little book by the door for you to sign. "I loved staying here!" "Your house is so pretty!" "Class of 2028!!!!" "J+D 4ever" "We didn't leave the puke stain on the carpet" "Why are there fake pineapples everywhere" (Okay, not all thoughts should be shared. *LOL* It would be great if homeowners could restrict certain players from leaving comments, to prevent harassment.) There should also be an anonymous visitor toggle, where if someone chooses to be anonymous, the system only records you had that visitor to such-and-such house on such-and-such date/time, but not register their name. (But if you go anon, you should only receive anon visitor info for your own homes until the anon setting is switched off. Fair's fair!) Someone's going to say there should be an option to disallow anonymous visitors to your homes entirely. I probably wouldn't use it, but I sure don't mind people having options that make them feel more comfortable with who visits their homes.
    Edited by 16BitForestCat on July 5, 2024 1:33AM
    —PC/NA, never Steam—
    Getting lost in TESO Tamriel and beyond since Beta 2013!
    Alliance agnostic: all factions should chill the fetch out and party together.
    If you ever wonder why certain official fandom spaces are so often toxic and awful, remember: corruption starts from the top. And if you don't want me to call you out for being terrible, maybe you should consider not being terrible. ^^v
  • lei.aili_ESO
    lei.aili_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    a community voting system is a terrible idea. It's never the people with the actual skills who win; it's always the people who are able to rally their fans or pay off the largest group to vote for them.

100% this is what will happen. Those of us who spend a lot of time decorating our houses, but don't stream or participate in large guilds, will never have our creations featured.

Furniture deconstruction. I don't even care if it's not retroactive to currently existing furnishings, similar to what happened with jewelry decon. I just want to decon those 2 million Void-Crystal Anomalies my alts will be getting as I level their Antiquities and get some darn housing mats out of it for once.

Yes, PLEASE ZOS, add furnishing deconstructing. I have dozens of tree branches, jester banners and coffers, vampiric containers, etc. from all the events. It feels wasteful to just delete them. You can't sell them to vendors because they aren't worth any gold. You can't sell them on the guild stores because everyone has dozens they don't want. This would give us a way to get rid of them that doesn't feel wasteful, plus would be another source for furnishing mats, which would encourage more decorating. If you're not going to add a furnishing bag similar to the crafting bag, then at least add this.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing is, unless ZOS had added what they have said is not currently possible (increased furnishing slots or furnishing storage, particularly a furnishing bag like there is for materials) I think many would be making similar posts expressing disappointment and what they would have rather seen.

I am concerned whether it may lack important features such the ability to post a short description, but we’ll see once it’s on PTS. I think it’s a good update to the base game so that we can, if we wish, show houses to the community without having to directly give a link or use an add-on (which of course is not an option on console).

Other options for housing QoL, additions, or features that have been brought up:

- List of all furnishing plans. While this would indeed be useful for console, it seems to me this would provide less extended utility than the ability to tour houses. On PC we probably all have our favorite add-ons that give additional information that a base game addition would not. This should still eventually be added, but hopefully not as an only feature.

- Furniture decon — Again, not something new to actually DO with housing and I imagine would require a lot of additional coding and still wouldn’t have allowed for deconstructing bound furnishings anyway.

- Weather control — Now I do wish this had been added as well! You want to set the desired mood for visitors, which may well include time of day snd weather

- Alts as houseguests — Probably not feasible, considering all the variables that would have to be loaded. I imagine this is why our companions are in predetermined outfits rather than any we may equip them with.

- More options for houseguests — Emotes for pathing and ability to sit on chairs — this is probably #1 for me, and I would love options to have more generic houseguests that could be customized to fill different roles and themes, or if customization isn’t feasible, merchants, guards, barkeeps, etc. of every race and with minimal lines.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on July 6, 2024 1:29AM
  • LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For example, Guild Trader and Guild Bank interfaces remember the last player Guild you interacted with in a play session.

Does this mean that this is the only change to the default trading/banking interface?

After reviewing the interface, the conclusion was: 'that's all we need to do'.

This paints a very disappointing picture, especially since we know a better interface CAN and HAS been done already.

Who so pulleth out this sword from this stone and anvil, is the true-born King of all Britain.

Rick Wakeman ~ The Myths and Legends of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table ~ 1975
    (requirements not met)