What's up with this week's Endeavors?

moderatelyfatman
moderatelyfatman
✭✭✭✭
1rz4lbopz50y.png

The options look like this to me:
1. Buy Gold Road so you can grind for hours to get the skills so you can grind for more hours to kill 250 enemies.
2. Do 4 days of Events
3. Burn through those valuable mats.

So I guess 2 is fairly reasonable but 1 and 3 really isn't an option for most people??

What do you think would be fairer for this week's endeavors?
  • Oznog666
    Oznog666
    ✭✭✭
    As gaining 3 event tickets every Day is very easy there's nothing wrong IMHO. Although I did option 3 because I have tons of mats plus I did some master writs.
    Options
  • Laivine_Aldaron
    Laivine_Aldaron
    ✭✭✭
    Just do some master writs to complete the improve endeavor. This way you will not feel like burning materials. Which is so damn cheap if you normally improve 15 white to greens anyways. Cannot understand why is it a problem. You exchange a just few gold for your time.

Options
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Buy Gold Road so you can grind for hours to get the skills so you can grind for more hours to kill 250 enemies.

The very first skill you get from completing the first Scribing quest is Wield Soul, which is scribed to deal Magic Damage (or anything else if you had collected other Scripts beforehand). Players don't need to "grind for hours to get the skills" when the first one is given to them for completing the very short intro quest.

Given that this is a Weekly Endeavor, players have plenty of time to kill 250 enemies with that skill, or any other damaging Scribing skill they have access to.
    PC/NA — Lone Werewolf, the Templar Khajiit Werewolf

Werewolf Should be Allowed to Sneak
    Options
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm confused: is "improve items" a typo, or something? How many items are we supposed to improve to get the weekly endeavour?
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    Options
  • Laivine_Aldaron
    Laivine_Aldaron
    ✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    I'm confused: is "improve items" a typo, or something? How many items are we supposed to improve to get the weekly endeavour?

Just 15
    Options
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Just 15
    So the dwemer automaton has a software bug, then? ;)
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    Options
  • Elric_665
    Elric_665
    ✭✭✭

Do it with your Mastercrafter und improve (found) White Items to Green.
    "If it bleeds, we can kill it!"
    Major „Dutch“ Schaefer

PvP nur, wenn es sich absolut nicht vermeiden läßt.
    Options
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

However many are shown in the bar (15).

The just didn't bother putting the number on the 'title' this time.

EDIT: LMAO just realised that we all jumped to provide an answer at the same time :smiley:
    Edited by ApoAlaia on June 24, 2024 9:18AM
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

15. It's detailed in the list in the game. I did it in a few minutes, whites to green with level 1 daggers for minimal use of mats.
    Options
  • Cooperharley
    Cooperharley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can do 2 of the 3 extremely easily..

- Scribing abilities will require Gold Road, so it is what it is
    - 4 days of events
    - 15 items from white to green (if you think that these upgrade mats are valuable, idk what to tell ya :D )
    ESO YouTube Content Creator & Templar Tank/Healer Main
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bigger problem for me is the daily endeavour requiring 15 kills with an active skill style, the only way I can get one of those is likely to be through having 50 inks for the appropriate achievement, and with only 18 at the moment there's no way I'm getting another 32 in a day, nor would I bother to complete any of the other time-consuming achievements for an active skill style reward in that time, for just a few seals. I can only do 2 daily endeavours today, but that's fine, it's what it is.
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know how many items you need to improve to complete the endeavor, but I'm guessing that improving white items to green would be sufficient.

I actually completed the one to defeat 250 enemies with scribed abilities before I even knew what the endeavors were, since I had slotted my newly-scribed skill in the first slot of my ability bar to see how it performs. I soloed 1 normal dungeon for the daily endeavor (Elden Root 1), then went to Imperial City to use a key to the vault in the Arena district and do the Arena district daily quest at the same time, and then went to Cyrodiil to earn 15,000 Alliance Points, in that order. While soloing resources in Cyrodiil, the message popped up that I'd completed 1/1 weekly endeavors and I was like, "Huh?"
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    The bigger problem for me is the daily endeavour requiring 15 kills with an active skill style, the only way I can get one of those is likely to be through having 50 inks for the appropriate achievement, and with only 18 at the moment there's no way I'm getting another 32 in a day, nor would I bother to complete any of the other time-consuming achievements for an active skill style reward in that time, for just a few seals. I can only do 2 daily endeavours today, but that's fine, it's what it is.

You get one for completing the first quest in the scribing line. You get a purple for soul magic. I don't see a problem, personally. It takes little effort to do the intro quest. It encourages people who got the chapter to give scribing a try. I doubt anyone is going to buy a new chapter to avoid getting event tickets. That one is likely to complete passively for many in the playerbase. But for people who got the chapter, they can do this nice new endeavors and add a bit of variety to their endeavors.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on June 24, 2024 9:38AM
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

You get one for completing the first quest in the scribing line. You get a purple for soul magic. I don't see a problem, personally. It takes little effort to do the intro quest. It encourages people who got the chapter to give scribing a try. I doubt anyone is going to buy a new chapter to avoid getting event tickets. That one is likely to complete passively for many in the playerbase. But for people who got the chapter, they can do this nice new endeavors and add a bit of variety to their endeavors.

Ah, thanks! I didn't know about the soul magic one, I have the weapon ones but they're padlocked until the achievements are done. The soul magic one was unlocked, however, so that endeavour was quickly done once you gave me the tip.
    Options
  • SkaiFaith
    SkaiFaith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

Ah, thanks! I didn't know about the soul magic one, I have the weapon ones but they're padlocked until the achievements are done. The soul magic one was unlocked, however, so that endeavour was quickly done once you gave me the tip.

I will add - today's specific endeavor is just "use styled skills", doesn't require a kill or heal specifically.
    I did it in 15 seconds spamming Blue Vigor... Which makes this one of my favourite andeavors!
    Edited by SkaiFaith on June 24, 2024 11:03AM
    Options
  • Eliahnus
    Eliahnus
    ✭✭✭✭
    It takes 5 minutes to do; what are you complaining about ...
    Options
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    I don't know how many items you need to improve to complete the endeavor, but I'm guessing that improving white items to green would be sufficient.

You get a point every time you make an improvement, so doing 5 purple master writs will do it as well. I'll probably finish this week's endeavors by tomorrow or the day after.
    Options
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I guess I don't really see the issue personally... event tickets are extremely easy to get and are available with only the base game during this event.

Improving items is required to complete many master writs, an activity that offers event rewards, so many players will already be doing this. And if not... well it doesn't require improving them to gold or something. It's not difficult to improve an item from white to green.

All I see is two very easy endeavors for people who don't have access to scribing?
    Options
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Oh no, they gave me three choices and I can easily do one, which is all I need, but the others aren't fair."
    Options
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did a clothing master writ for 3. Then just saved and greened any white junk I looted. Then deconstructed the green stuff and got almost half my greens back.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
    Options
  • GooGa592
    GooGa592
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1rz4lbopz50y.png

2. Do 4 days of Events

So I guess 2 is fairly reasonable but 1 and 3 really isn't an option for most people??

I just crafted 15 white items and upgraded them to green. It's not expensive at all, especially if you are using the cheapest wood mats.
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GooGa592 wrote: »
    1rz4lbopz50y.png

2. Do 4 days of Events

I just crafted 15 white items and upgraded them to green. It's not expensive at all, especially if you are using the cheapest wood mats.
    My though to, but does master writs for coffers and do the event quest so get 2 automatically.
    1 I only relevant if you have an scribed ability on an spamable.
    The daily was easy, fond I had style for barbed trap so just spammed it running around, super fast.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elric_665 wrote: »

Do it with your Mastercrafter und improve (found) White Items to Green.

Good idea. I'll just improve 15 of the extra white items I always get from doing writs.
    PCNA
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BretonMage wrote: »
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

You get a point every time you make an improvement, so doing 5 purple master writs will do it as well. I'll probably finish this week's endeavors by tomorrow or the day after.

Yeah. I just realized this lol. This is why they made it the endeavor. It's Zeal of Zenithar so a lot of us are doing this passively anyway. I'm at 9/15 improvements and 3/10 tickets, so I'll finish the improvements just doing the event anyway.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on June 25, 2024 6:12AM
    Options
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Oh no, they gave me three choices and I can easily do one, which is all I need, but the others aren't fair."
    You know... Every endeavor where you must do something more than just log in to game is bad and unfair.
    Still the same old annoying song.
    2. Do 4 days of Events
    1. If you don't have GR,
    2. just log and do event or
    3. just improve white to green, fe clothing Hemming is cheap (unless you play on PC NA where is everything insanely overpriced lol)
    Edited by davidtk on June 25, 2024 6:35AM
    Really sorry for my english
    Options
  • GuuMoonRyoung
    GuuMoonRyoung
    ✭✭✭
    1rz4lbopz50y.png

2. Do 4 days of Events

They did it when Necrom came out too, do that with Arcanist, use that Arcanist ability and so on. It is their way of pushing the new chapter. It reeks of desperation just as much those absurd items on cash shop, such vamp/ww bite and cure, mount training and overpriced armory slot.
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I intended to complete the one for getting 10 event tickets, but yesterday I did a bunch of master writs to get XP for the event ticket quest and today I realised I've made much more progress on the one for improving items so I'll probably finish that one first.

Of course it won't work for everyone, if you don't do master writs or don't have enough available right now it's not an easy option, but you could still do the event ticket one.

There's usually at least 1 option I can't or don't want to do, so I wasn't surprised it happened again. As long as there's one I feel like doing I'm fine with it and if not I just skip a week.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    create 15 level 1 axes, upgrade each from white to green, deconstruct them again to get back some of the mats. Quick and not really expensive.
    Options
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It will encourage players who have been focused on zone story to do Scholarium quests. Which will permanently unlock ability to get luminous ink. Which will slowly but surely increase supply of ink in game and lower prices.
    Options
  • moderatelyfatman
    moderatelyfatman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    It will encourage players who have been focused on zone story to do Scholarium quests. Which will permanently unlock ability to get luminous ink. Which will slowly but surely increase supply of ink in game and lower prices.

This is only true if they do not add additional sccribing abilities down the track. Otherwise the price will go through the roof when ZOS expands on scribing.
    Options