The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What features/things/ideas should be added for the future of ESO? (Updating* 26th July)

• KingRebz
    KingRebz
    ✭✭✭
    Ok everybody, Im collecting the requests and adding them all up now; this should take 15 mins max! keep em coming!
    V14 Sorceror [Ebonheart]
  • KingRebz
    KingRebz
    ✭✭✭
    Ok thread has been updated! There has been many of the same requests so which ever requests that have been commonly requested will be in bold. Ill be looking at the now to make sure it is neatly presented so there aren't any confusions.
    V14 Sorceror [Ebonheart]
  • rioinsigniab16_ESO
    rioinsigniab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    (*) Combat Log Channel (good for seeing when you've been stunned, because right now there is no visual cues).

(*) Loot Log Channel (good for when you're auto-looting and just want a quick reference as to what you've picked up).

Both should have the option to be enabled / disabled at will.

(*) More variety of songs in the game.

(*) Grouped players can play instruments together in time as a band (because they are grouped then they all start at the right time).

Edited by rioinsigniab16_ESO on April 23, 2014 10:47PM
    How can you soar with eagles.....when you work with turkeys?
  • rioinsigniab16_ESO
    rioinsigniab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    KingRebz wrote: »
    Ok thread has been updated! There has been many of the same requests so which ever requests that have been commonly requested will be in bold. Ill be looking at the now to make sure it is neatly presented so there aren't any confusions.

Can I suggest that you start categorising all the suggestions?
    E.g. Crafting, Classes, Characters, UI (including mail), Factions, Items, Guilds, PVP, PVE, etc, etc.
    Edited by rioinsigniab16_ESO on April 23, 2014 10:48PM
  • KingRebz
    KingRebz
    ✭✭✭
    yes I 100% will. Sorry for the delay I have exams coming up very soon I try squeeze in as much time I possibly can to be able to do so.
    V14 Sorceror [Ebonheart]
  • He11cat
    He11cat
    ✭✭
    the ability to craft and break down jewelry into raw materials, since it is considered armor
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Summon Dremora.

More summon Daedra spells in general.

Summon Dremora

An ultimate that lets you summon a random elite Daedra.(So one time you might get a Daedroth, another battle you might get a Spider Daedra, maybe a Frost Atronach, or a Daedroth again!)

A necromantic counter-part ultimate that summons random elite undead.

Summon Dremora.

Necromantic summoning.

Summon Dremora.

Did I mention there needs to be a summon Dremora spell that has been a staple to the conjurer school of magic as the mile-stone for master conjuring since TES Morrowind? Oh, and the summoned Dremora needs to trash-talk my enemies. no exceptions.
    Edited by Lord_Hev on May 1, 2014 9:05PM
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • reagen_lionel
    reagen_lionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Hev wrote: »
    Summon Dremora.

Summon Dremora

An ultimate that lets you summon a random elite Daedra.(So one time you might get a Daedroth, another battle you might get a Spider Daedra, maybe a Frost Atronach, or a Daedroth again!)

Summon Dremora.

Necromantic summoning.

Summon Dremora.

Did I mention there needs to be a summon Dremora spell that has been a staple to the conjurer school of magic as the mile-stone for master conjuring since TES Morrowind? Oh, and the summoned Dremora needs to trash-talk my enemies. no exceptions.

In addition to summoning more deadra. There needs to be some necromancy spells for conjuration. As its the other half of the conjuration branch. And it would be more widely used in this time period than it was in the 3rd and 4th era.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Player Market district they
    Assassins Guild
    Thieves Guild
    Crime System with prison sentences and escape options
    They are adding kiosks
    Will be implementing both guilds
    Will be adding a crime system as well though its only npc based.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

In addition to summoning more deadra. There needs to be some necromancy spells for conjuration. As its the other half of the conjuration branch. And it would be more widely used in this time period than it was in the 3rd and 4th era.

Agreed 110%. That's why I also said "necromantic summoning." Actual resurrection would be very difficult to not only implement with current mechanics, but also for the player in the heat of battle.

Could also have that CC rune spell some NPC necromancers use on you, the one with a bright rune, and skeletal hands coming out of it, trying to grab you.
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • KingRebz
    KingRebz
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys,

Ill be removing off the list the ideas that have been confirmed to be in the making.

Ill be editing the list as we speak.
    V14 Sorceror [Ebonheart]
  • rioinsigniab16_ESO
    rioinsigniab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    KingRebz wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Ill be removing off the list the ideas that have been confirmed to be in the making.

Ill be editing the list as we speak.

Good idea. I would have suggested a separate list, but that would just move the information, not reduce the size of the posts.

Keep up the great work OP.
    This shameless bump was brought to you by the letters E, S and O.
  • rioinsigniab16_ESO
    rioinsigniab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Lord_Hev wrote: »
    Summon Dremora.

Summon Dremora

Summon Dremora.

Necromantic summoning.

Summon Dremora.

The game is getting "SpellCrafting" which in the devs own words involves :

"rediscovering of "traditional" Elder Scrolls schools of magic, like alteration and destruction."
  • rioinsigniab16_ESO
    rioinsigniab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Water Based ideas
    (*) Ship building: A collaborative effort from woodworkers (hull), clothiers (sails), blacksmiths (fixings). Or go the "Skyrim" route and have players collect raw mats to hand in to get the boat.
    (*) Different Ship types: from fishing boats to each of the ship sizes seen in the game already. Different Ship types allow for different amounts of inventory storage. Some larger ships could have a Ships-hold and Captains cabin.
    (*) Underwater gathering nodes: gems (jewelcrafting), kelp (clothing), different types of underwater plants (alchemy), shipwreck wood (woodworking) and fixtures (blacksmtihing).
    (*) Water Breathing Potions (alchemy) and air pockets (for those who have run out of potions).
    (*) Hold down Ctrl to dive underwater, Spacebar to vertically rise. Otherwise movement is as normal. W to swim forward. S to swim back. A and D for strafing. Pressing E next to a ship ladder allows the player to climb on-board, but only if the player is allowed (permissions list).
    (*) Underwater chests, dungeon entrances, world mobs, etc.
    (*) Weapons: Staffs should work. Melee weapons should work. Enchanted Bows could be crafted to fire enchanted arrows which negate water issues.
    (*) We know that Tamriel isn't the only land on Nirn. There could be an infinitesimal amount of islands and archipelago's to explored
    Edited by rioinsigniab16_ESO on May 3, 2014 12:47PM
  • KaccDalian
    KaccDalian
    Soul Shriven
    1- Increasing the level of fish caught with a level location and as a result increase their prices
    2- Duplicate rare fish for Achievement have a price, so let them can be sold (bound to player after capture)
    3-Take about 50 inventory cells under the debris. Followed by ignoring their weight and can not be returned to the use of character
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only two things I'd like to see are an auction house or other form of public trading system, and an increased size of inventory, to include personal inventory slots at the bank as well as the existing shared slots.
    Edited by Tandor on May 4, 2014 8:51AM
  • rioinsigniab16_ESO
    rioinsigniab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    The only two things I'd like to see are an auction house or other form of public trading system, and an increased size of inventory, to include personal inventory slots at the bank as well as the existing shared slots.

Well, they are bringing in "kiosks" which guild's get to use to sell to the public. Which is a step in the right direction I think.

I agree about the personal / character specific item slots. If you have multiple alts, the bank can fill up pretty quick. Such character specific slots should be viewable by any alts (slightly "greyed out", to denote not usable), but you need to log into that alt to take stuff out of the slots.
    Edited by rioinsigniab16_ESO on May 4, 2014 2:14PM
  • KingRebz
    KingRebz
    ✭✭✭
    Okay guys! I am finally back! my account was denied from logging into the website but now its all fixed; ill be updating the thread right away! :)
    V14 Sorceror [Ebonheart]
  • rioinsigniab16_ESO
    rioinsigniab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome back OP and keep up the great work :)
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gambling.

Dice or card games... any sort of social minigame where you could enter an inn or tavern and pull up a chair and play a round of poker with your friends. If Zeni could design some manner of lore-friendly card game that wasn't poker that'd be sweet. Should be able bet and win gold.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • Klimarov
    Klimarov
    ✭✭✭
    Individually untrainable active skills and ults. it sux to untrain all skills for 12k+ just because you want another ability morph.
  • rioinsigniab16_ESO
    rioinsigniab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    OP, can I suggest two things:

1) Change the title to reflect the last date you updated it (if appropriate).
    2) Request the forums mods that they relocated this thread out of the "New Player Questions" section and into the main section for "General Discussion - English" so that it gets more publicity

:)
    Edited by rioinsigniab16_ESO on May 22, 2014 7:45PM
  • nilldax
    nilldax
    ✭✭✭
    - Add a possibility of crafting jerkins
    - Different weather on different parts of continent
    - 1,5h swords
    Edited by nilldax on May 23, 2014 11:12AM
  • reagen_lionel
    reagen_lionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    nilldax wrote: »
    - Add a possibility of crafting jerkins
    - Different weather on different parts of continent
    - 1,5h swords

Technically the current 2 hand swords classify as 1.5h swords. Even thier attack animations in some they swing with one hand.

As far as mechanically. I dont know how they could make 1.5hand swords work.
  • ShallowTech
    Assassinations, slow motion kills, Dark Brotherhood and Thief's guild.. 
    ShallowTech
    MSI Z87M Gaming LGA 1150
    i5-4670 Haswell 3.4GHz
    MSI Gaming GeForce GTX 770 2GB
    CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz
  • Tarladan
    Tarladan
    Soul Shriven
    I have seen some people list this already, but i want to say it again so that if zenimax reads this they will see another person saying it. I would like to see a cosmetic system like lotro or rift, it does not need a store like these games have for cosmetic items, but to be able to slot armour in all 7 spots that you currently are not using would be amazing. they are already bringing out dyes so that part is covered. I like having cosmetic options, its a must for me. these other games i listed have several wardrobes available like 6-20 or something, 20 is too many for me but i like 6. other things: character storage, beside the shared storage, housing storage, hearthfire like housing from skyrim-crafting in house was awesome!, stamina based skills in the class skill lines, key-bindable saved skills to slot, since we have so little skills, many tend to switch out for a lot of things they do in game, there are addons for this but if it was integrated into the game the quality would be better; bow default attacks still feel weak compared to other weapons i've used so far, which are all but destruction staff, buff for this would be nice; barber to let you change parts of your appearance, i'm not sure if i'm okay with total change, but i wouldn't be upset if that did happen; housing trophies and trophy cases for armour and weapons...that's all i can think of now. thanks for starting this!
  • nilldax
    nilldax
    ✭✭✭
    Technically the current 2 hand swords classify as 1.5h swords. Even thier attack animations in some they swing with one hand.

I was thinking about additional skill line which includes 1h sword (or 1,5h) fighting without shield. Whole "Morrownd", "Oblivion" and "Skyrim" i was playing with one-handed sword and (occasionally) torch/spell in second hand so i will be happy to continue that.

Btw, 2h swords in ESO have too long hilt for 1,5h sword :P
    Edited by nilldax on May 27, 2014 2:13PM
  • reagen_lionel
    reagen_lionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    nilldax wrote: »

I was thinking about additional skill line which includes 1h sword (or 1,5h) fighting without shield. Whole "Morrownd", "Oblivion" and "Skyrim" i was playing with one-handed sword and (occasionally) torch/spell in second hand so i will be happy to continue that.

Btw, 2h swords in ESO have too long hilt for 1,5h sword :P

Some do. Like the nordic style swords. Others dont like the redguard and dark elf styled swords.

And if thats what you mean using a 1 hand sword without a shield. Then I'm with you on that. Theres not really a dedicated 1 hand weapon tree and I was actually looking to play like that for a couple of characters myself.
  • KingRebz
    KingRebz
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys! sorry for the long delay but im back! youll see this thread updated very shortly! :)
    V14 Sorceror [Ebonheart]
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Follow through with promised fixes for Nightblades.

Powered or underpowered..doesn't matter to me. But it would be nice if 1/3 of the skills weren't broken.