The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What features/things/ideas should be added for the future of ESO? (Updating* 26th July)

KingRebz
KingRebz
✭✭✭
THE THREAD IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION; Instead of just adding each item on the list etc etc everything will be put into an organised matter such as categories etc.

The title says it all guys!

In the future, what would you like to see in ESO that isnt in the game already? it could be things from previous ES games or even things that are new to the series?

Any requests that are common in the posts I will make it bold on the list.

-Different types of mounts
-More pvp options
-Increase the level cap (50 feels too low)
-Naval warships
-Auction House (possibly for each faction?) or a trade bazaar where EVERYBODY can access it, not just big guilders
-Player housing (construction?)
-Guild housing
-Dragon? (Daedra dragons?)
-More classes
-More Skills

-Guild Levelling
-Chat Bubbles (Toggle option on/off)
-Changing friends/guild list and guild chat to character names.
-Unarmed skill line
-Illusion magic skill line
-More variations in armor glyphs like what jewelry has (resistances, damages)
-Poisons
-More morphs
-Pole arms/spears for weaponry
-A Barber where you can change your characters body, hairstyle to his clothing.
-Hairstyles and clothing options
-If construction comes in the game, possibly we can craft decorations for our guilds and houses?
-The ability to design and show off guild banners on mounts, or shields etc
- Guild Halls
-Maybe give the option to right click to add symbols (eg. a star symbol) so you can mark the items.
-Naming items you forge along with a tracking id on them which shows how many users have used the item to kill, what monster has it commonly killed and what npc was it most used on
-New profession such as Farming? where you can grow plants, animals and mounts?
-All already existing professions should have added craft able items for housing
-A set of light, medium and heavy starter armour when starting the game for the first time.
-Senche mounts for khajiit
-Camel mounts for the desert
-More variety in tail types for khajiit: short, stumpy, tufted, fluffy, thin, etc
-Playable daedra races: dremora, xivilai, etc
-Ability to extend clothes crafting to make costumes
-More summons for sorcerers
-Degrading armour (Make it less common or fully remove it)
-the ability to loot books and - in combination with housing, to put those books in a shelf in your house. It should be like a container and the books can be seen in the shelf that you can build your own library. This would make me incredibly happy.
-Guild store "typed search option" to buy- similar as the search option to sell, current system to search and buy is very messy, hard to price, hard to search.
-Free skill/attribute respec- Allow players to learn their class better=better gameplay, put the gold sink somewhere else.
-Dual spec-This will allow accessibility to content a little more. For example a player who enjoys healing but has chosen a dps/control spec for the ease of leveling. This way he/she can have a dungeon role spec & leveling spec. Another example would be at endgame lets say, having a PvP spec & a PvE spec.
-The option to actually turn when you move the mouse, and not just look around. Or if not that, the ability to bind right and left turn movements to a key.
-Clothing stores that sell appearance clothing..meaning we also need appearance slots.
- Cosmetic System
- Ability to hide more armour than just your helmet. Gloves and shoulders at least
- ability to preview armour appearance before binding it to your character
- Ability to lock things in your inventory / bank
- break consumables into potions & food/drink
- ability to set items to junk and have that type of item permanently stay junk even after you've sold the initial batch
- Hot key for at least 3 potions. The single Q slot pretty much makes only health potions relevant
- More jewelry options in character creator that aren't tied together would be nice.
- Armour items would be cool if it said the racial style they are made in on the detail page.
-Official Controller Support
-A new melee stamina traditional warrior focused class. With class abilities based upon stamina and animations that don't look all magical.
-Hot key for Stamina, Health and Magika potions, not just one of them.
-Housing with store
-Public dungeons limited to 5 players maximum.
-More visual variety in lowbie gear; With no AH, there's no real way to get visually distinct stuff other than to craft it, and you can only craft in one style to start. :(
-Chefs should sell leveled cooking/brewing recipes.
-A way to STOP targeting a mob that I've drawn a bead on but not fired at; right now if I nock an arrow to my bow and get a mob in my sights, there's no way to change my mind - even if I turn my reticle away, the mob will still aggro when I loose the arrow and there doesn't seem to be an intuitive way to un-target. In skyrim 'z' un-nocked the bow, but even turning away worked. Neither of those options work here.
-More intelligent sorting options for Inventory.
-child npc's
-ability to preview armor (like Mogit)
-mounted combat
-other continents
-add all books found to journal (I can't exactly stand there and read with imps beating on me)
-seasons and holidays
-more armor styles
-Lending items
-The ability to enter Cyrodiil after Cold Harbour .
-A better organized bank tab , right now my CE items are just taking up space .
- More coat colors for horses to increase variety, possibly also other types of mounts as long as they fit with Elder Scrolls lore.
- Some way to better trade items to non-guildmates. Doesn't need to be an auction house, a dedicated trade chat channel would already help
- A jewelry making crafting skill
- The ability to name items you created
- More vanity pets - THAT CAN BE AVAILABLE TO ALL (NOT JUST NEW CUSTOMERS..)
- Costumes which go into the disguise slot for character customization purposes
- Poisons - the traits on the alchemy ingredients are already there, now we just need a way to apply them to our weapons instead of ourselves
- a way to filter the items in the guild store by entering a search text - it's hard to find what you're looking for in there right now
- the possibilty to export and import keybinds so I don't have to set them up again for each new character I create
- being able to use shift and control in combination with other keys for keybinds
-Another idea could be new weapon type: - Whips? Flails? Crossbows?
-Reporting Players: Option which allows reporting a player to automatically set them to "ignore": Self explanatory. If you're going to report a player, chances are you wouldn't want to talk to them anymore.
-Guild Store: Fix the sub-categories. They are awful and don't work (glyphs showing in materials sub-category??). Also, they should fix the "R" search button not appearing when you first enter the store. Also, see below about more filters
-Bank, Bags, Guild Bank and Guild Store: Sub-categories for ingredients which filter based on crafting profession. Filter by name. Good for when you just can't see the item you want.
-Bags: Allow additional bags to be purchased (perhaps made by clothiers?) so that people can separate things in their bags (e.g. outfit sets, ingredients for specific brews etc).
-Jewelry creation: Is this in the game yet? If not, it needs to be.
-Public dungeons: Not a good experience. Too many players cause the experience to be trivialised in many cases. They also allow people to constantly farm for items / motifs. And while they are doing that the entire experience of that dungeon is diminished to the point whereby some can't finish their quests because the mobs die so fast. Example: Dungeon Delvers in Dashann....trying to get a spider with 20 other people in the room....not good.
-Armour / weapon preview facility: Right clicking on an item link in chat or on an item in the bank / guild bank / guild store should allow a window to popup showing your character wearing that item. This is good for when you are considering buying an item but want to see what it looks like first.
-Permanent Trash marking option
-Allow us to halt xp gain from kills and quests: This is for those of us who are "completionists" and have been battering the local mob population so much that we're outleveling the zones before we get to them. Yes, that means we're responsible for not leaving it on and thus ending up under-leveled. Perhaps it re-enables with each log in?
-Add additional quests in zones that count towards the zone quest achievement. Coupled with the above suggestion, this means we can get the achievement without having to spend days looking for that one single ellusive quest that may or may not actually exist.
-Mentoring: Allow the possibility that a player can "mentor" another player thereby temporarily boosting the first player to the same level as the second. Allowing them to group up for higher level stuff. Of course, the player won't be able to pick up higher level quests, and the suggestion above for halting xp gain from kills and quests could automatically come into effect, preventing the possibility of "powerleveling" people for real money.
-Underwater swimming + dungeon access / treasure chests / shards / crafting mats all found underwater. Alchemy = underwater breathing pots?
-Ship building (assuming expansions will come it to allow travelling across the seas). This system could expand the clothing (sails and rigging), blacksmithing (nails, fixtures) and woodworking (the boats themselves) crafting professions.
-Add THIEF/ATTACK flag, so you can no longer rob peoples homes without any issues. (Also effects werewolfs in WOLF form in towns and vampires at stage 3 or 4) This will cause the guards to attack you onsite and shops\banks to no longer deal with you.
-Job Boards in towns featuring randomly generated quests that require venturing into "Private" dungeons: Players could get a random quest from an npc / jobboards in the towns. They go in, fight their way through the mini-dungeon to a boss and beat them. There could be different difficulty settings which alter risk vs reward (harder = more loot). This system could be used for mini-dungeons for 1 - 5 players. (There are a number of advantages for this system. Such as players who just want to kill a boss, can "tailor" their adventure based on the level of difficulty required. Also, players who find themselves under-level (e.g. can't find quests) can use these quests as an alternative.)(Players could also use the suggestion I mentioned earlier regarding the ability to disable xp gain. So they can replay these instances without out-leveling their progressive PVE content. )
-More points of interest and general things to do int he wide open spaces of Cyrodil.
-Shared Armor and Jewelry glyph enchantments instead of just the base and only 3 enchantments for armor.
-Expanded guild features: Guild wide mail, Guild announcments, event planner/calander, removed/expanded text limits on message of the day and description
-I would like to see weapons stay visible throughout whether we are riding horse, drinking potions, etc...
-face armor stays on whenever our characters enter into crafting animation
-Like to take one of small row or sail boat for a ride! The way it did in the old Chaos fantasy game. Then I could make it past the slaughterfishes
-New Mail description field is auto-filled in with an item name, if it is blank and a player attaches an item to it.
-"Mail Item" option in right click menu, when you right click on an item in your inventory. It would then automatically open your mail and slot the item into it.
-Ability to mouse click on a player in your field of view and report them. This means the name of the player auto-fills in the player name field of the customer support form. Good for reporting botters.
-Private (and group-able) instances for major storyline quests. Too many times you walk into an instance and the story completes because someone has just killed the mob you've gone in to kill. Cap loot drops to prevent farming.
-More ranks to guilds and allow us to set bank permissions based upon guild rank - i.e. how many items you can withdraw.
-Necromancer Skill Line
-Full Armour Preview (At all times) (During crafting mainly)
(*) Combat Log Channel (good for seeing when you've been stunned, because right now there is no visual cues).

(*) Loot Log Channel (good for when you're auto-looting and just want a quick reference as to what you've picked up).

Both should have the option to be enabled / disabled at will.

(*) More variety of songs in the game.

(*) Grouped players can play instruments together in time as a band (because they are grouped then they all start at the right time).
Water Based ideas
(*) Ship building: A collaborative effort from woodworkers (hull), clothiers (sails), blacksmiths (fixings). Or go the "Skyrim" route and have players collect raw mats to hand in to get the boat.
(*) Different Ship types: from fishing boats to each of the ship sizes seen in the game already. Different Ship types allow for different amounts of inventory storage. Some larger ships could have a Ships-hold and Captains cabin.
(*) Underwater gathering nodes: gems (jewelcrafting), kelp (clothing), different types of underwater plants (alchemy), shipwreck wood (woodworking) and fixtures (blacksmtihing).
(*) Water Breathing Potions (alchemy) and air pockets (for those who have run out of potions).
(*) Hold down Ctrl to dive underwater, Spacebar to vertically rise. Otherwise movement is as normal. W to swim forward. S to swim back. A and D for strafing. Pressing E next to a ship ladder allows the player to climb on-board, but only if the player is allowed (permissions list).
(*) Underwater chests, dungeon entrances, world mobs, etc.
(*) Weapons: Staffs should work. Melee weapons should work. Enchanted Bows could be crafted to fire enchanted arrows which negate water issues.
(*) We know that Tamriel isn't the only land on Nirn. There could be an infinitesimal amount of islands and archipelago's to explored
1- Increasing the level of fish caught with a level location and as a result increase their prices
2- Duplicate rare fish for Achievement have a price, so let them can be sold (bound to player after capture)
3-Take about 50 inventory cells under the debris. Followed by ignoring their weight and can not be returned to the use of character
Gambling.

Dice or card games... any sort of social minigame where you could enter an inn or tavern and pull up a chair and play a round of poker with your friends. If Zeni could design some manner of lore-friendly card game that wasn't poker that'd be sweet. Should be able bet and win gold.
- Add a possibility of crafting jerkins
- Different weather on different parts of continent
- 1,5h swords
Edited by KingRebz on July 26, 2014 8:17PM
V14 Sorceror [Ebonheart]
  • Thesiren
    Thesiren
    ✭✭✭
    An in-game auction house, at least one for each faction, or maybe two for each faction-- one for the low level islands and then a second for the game proper (once you hit Daggerfall or other main cities for each faction).

And lighten up on the "Megaguild Only" bank storage mindset. In every other game, you can have a small guild and still have a guild bank. So make it that you have to level a guild to get the top amount of storage slots then, if that's what it takes. Other games have guild leveling. But barring small guilds from bank storage is ridiculous. Not everyone wants to be part of up to 5 megaguilds. Some of us don't want to be part of any of them except for our own small family guilds. That's fine in other games-- why not here? Somebody didn't do their homework before making this decision.
  • pxlforge
    pxlforge
    Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, stealing items and PVE pickpocketing
  • reagen_lionel
    reagen_lionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    chat bubbles
    Changing friends/guild list and guild chat to character names.
    crime system
    unarmed skill line
    Illusion magic skill line
    More variations in armor glyphs like what jewelry has (resistances, damages)
    Poisons
    More morphs

• SirLee
    SirLee
    ✭✭
    An auction house/trade bazaar where everyone can buy and sell things, not just the lucky few who are in big guilds.

Pole Arms and spears for weapons.

The Dark Brotherhood and Thief's guild.

A "barber" that lets you change your characters looks.

More hair styles and clothing options.

More and bigger gold sinks to combat inflation.

Edit:
    Housing and guild halls with craftable decorations and such.
    Edited by SirLee on April 3, 2014 2:41AM
    He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot will be victorious. Sun Tzu
  • Rhime
    Rhime
    ✭✭
    The ability to design and show off guild banners on mounts, or shields etc...
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Housing
    - Guild Halls
    - Dyeing armors
    - And more /dance emotes varieties

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEkT5Bh3svo
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know that it counts as a feature really, but the ability to do other things while fishing. Currently basically anything will knock you out of it. You can't look into your inventory, chat, and even an NPC patrolling around will knock you out of fishing if the NPC bumps into you.
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • S1D3FX
    S1D3FX
    ✭✭
    Housing and Auction House please!
  • Big_Bob
    Big_Bob
    ✭✭✭
    I have one suggestion. I want the option to mark items with an icon. The reason is, when you store items in the bank and you have over 30+ of items that has similar names you tend to get confuse especially when you're saving the items to research their traits. When I want to deconstruct a few items that I dont plan to keep, it shows both inventory and bank items all together so it's all a cluttered mess making it difficult to find the specific items.

Maybe give the option to right click to add symbols (eg. a star symbol) so you can mark the items.
  • Cayce_of_Kata
    Cayce_of_Kata
    ✭✭✭
    Most importantly:
    Naming items you forge, and tracking!
    I want to be able to be able to make an awesome sword and give it a name of its own, and maybe see how many kills it's got and how much damage it's done, what named NPCs it's slain after I hand it off to a hero worthy of it!

Player and guild housing.
    More mounts. (I want to ride a trusty Guar!)
    Roleplay phasing.
    Post-start character editing.
    A Dwemer spider pet!
    Edited by Cayce_of_Kata on April 3, 2014 4:03AM
  • Cardan011
    Cardan011
    Game like this has to have : AH and housing , all already existing professions should have added craft able items for housing, better way of controlling gold sellers spam , better chat interface, maybe a whole knew proffesion like farming where you can grow plants animals and mounts
  • PVT_Parts
    PVT_Parts
    ✭✭✭
    swimming underwater and no too far out drowning BS. It's elder scrolls, why would anyone be an argonian if there is no underwater?
  • JamieK81
    JamieK81
    The only things i suggest are auction houses that are accessible by all factions and when you start a new character, with or without skipping the tutorial, you should get a set of light, medium and heavy armour, totally basic, nothing special about them at all, something to start out with, killing things with no armour at all is just a poor design situation.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Senche mounts for khajiit
    rideable guars
    camel mounts for the desert
    that little striped guar as a pet
    more variety in tail types for khajiit: short, stumpy, tufted, fluffy, thin, etc
    playable daedra races: dremora, xivilai, etc
    dyable armours
    player housing
    ability to extend clothes crafting to make costumes
    more summons for sorcerers
    Edited by AlienSlof on April 3, 2014 11:35AM
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Altheina
    Altheina
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to have housing implemented :)
    Altheina - Wood Elf Nightblade
    TESO Fun-fact 1: It takes to kill 119,050 mudcrabs to reach level 50
    TESO Fun-fact 2: There are 61 million items in the game
    TESO Fun-fact 3: There are 40,656,000 different weapon variations in the game
  • PVT_Parts
    PVT_Parts
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see the degrading armor go away, or at least have it degrade, but not lose armor until it broke and not cost 1/4 of your gold to fix.
  • Calaban
    Calaban
    ✭✭✭
    Less predictable loot:

-Crates/baskets have things other than provisioning items
    -Mobs drop less predictable amounts of gold.

• KingRebz
    KingRebz
    ✭✭✭
    OP updated!

Another idea that I would add would be season events where you get event items exclusive to that season! like santa hats, halloween masks but a touch of ES to it
    V14 Sorceror [Ebonheart]
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Say No To DLC.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • KingRebz
    KingRebz
    ✭✭✭
    Sarenia wrote: »
    Say No To DLC.
    Highly disagree.
    V14 Sorceror [Ebonheart]
  • Naguur86
    Naguur86
    ✭✭✭
    I too want a lot of things already said, most importantly:

-Housing

-Thiefs guild and Dark Brotherhood

-Crime System

in addition:

-the ability to loot books and - in combination with housing, to put those books in a shelf in your house. It should be like a container and the books can be seen in the shelf that you can build your own library. This would make me incredibly happy.

-more lootable items that lie around, most importantly: more cheese wheels!

What I don't want:

-an all accessable auction house.
    Reson is, that I am very interested in the developement of the current system. The fact that you are able to join multiple guilds gives easy access to a large amount of people to buy/sell.
    As an alternative I would propose that you are basicly able to run your own market stall for a limited period of time at a great market. Of course this has to be limited and you would have to build your stall etc. through crafting so that there aren't 500 pople at the same time. Something like this.

-finding things like meal and tin broth in a nightstand. Seriously: why should anybody put meal in a nightstand?

-other mounts than horses, this just doesn't fit for me in this game. More different horses: yes but I don'twant to see people riding a giant spider.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Free skill/attribute respec- Allow players to learn their class better=better gameplay, put the gold sink somewhere else.

Dual spec-This will allow accessibility to content a little more. For example a player who enjoys healing but has chosen a dps/control spec for the ease of leveling. This way he/she can have a dungeon role spec & leveling spec. Another example would be at endgame lets say, having a PvP spec & a PvE spec.

Of course you would only be able to swap specs out of combat, possible unlock at level 20. This could fill gaps in group content that may fall short overtime, wait times filling a group, or losing a tank/heals mid way through a dungeon/raid/AvA.

Dye system- A possible option for a gold sink replacing said above.

Guild store "typed search option" to buy- similar as the search option to sell, current system to search and buy is very messy, hard to price, hard to search.

Thanks~
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATM's. I get tired of running back and forth to the bank.
  • Rhylanna
    Rhylanna
    ✭✭
    The option to actually turn when you move the mouse, and not just look around. Or if not that, the ability to bind right and left turn movements to a key.
    Fatewalkers NA server, primarily Daggerfall Covenant, 30+ (mature, working folks with kids, dogs, etc!), casual, PVE oriented, small but growing!
    Antique Ordinatus Populus NA server, technically with Aldmeri Dominion but have members in all alliances, 40+ (even ++++!), mature, casual (fun people who sometimes forget what they're doing...or maybe that's just me :p ) antique-ordinatus-populus.enjin.com
  • Naguur86
    Naguur86
    ✭✭✭
    Rhylanna wrote: »
    The option to actually turn when you move the mouse, and not just look around. Or if not that, the ability to bind right and left turn movements to a key.

This and the ability to walk backwards whith sheathed weapons.
  • KingRebz
    KingRebz
    ✭✭✭
    Evergnar wrote: »
    ATM's. I get tired of running back and forth to the bank.
    for real? a ATM? lool :disagree:

V14 Sorceror [Ebonheart]
  • Relyk04
    Relyk04
    ✭✭✭
    Kill cam... Still haven't seen it! Allegedly it exists.
  • Willow
    Willow
    ✭✭✭
    Housing and Barbers. Oh some crazy mage that can cast a spell that allows you to change your facial features would be nice too!

Clothing stores that sell appearance clothing..meaning we also need appearance slots.
    Edited by Willow on April 9, 2014 6:01PM
  • cabbageub17_ESO
    cabbageub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    - Barbers
    - Cosmetic clothing
    - Ability to hide more armour than just your helmet. Gloves and shoulders at least
    - ability to preview armour appearance before binding it to your character
    - Ability to lock things in your inventory / bank
    - break consumables into potions & food/drink
    - ability to set items to junk and have that type of item permanently stay junk even after you've sold the initial batch
    - More armor glyphs in general. Why so many jewelry glyphs?
    - Hot key for at least 3 potions. The single Q slot pretty much makes only health potions relevant
    - More jewelry options in character creator that aren't tied together would be nice.
    - Armour items would be cool if it said the racial style they are made in on the detail page.
    Edited by cabbageub17_ESO on April 10, 2014 12:39AM
  • Marpat_Ninja
    The Dark Brotherhood would be cool. It would be really neat if players who were not in the Brotherhood could pay gold (not sure how much, but it couldn't be so high that no one would do it) to add a real players name to a list that the Dark Brotherhood had to contract out to players in the faction. It wouldn't be a permanent kill or anything. If the assassinated player happened to be emperor, you could possibly get an achievement for that and that player could lose emperor status. Obviously, this whole idea would need refined more if it were to work without becoming annoying.