Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What features/things/ideas should be added for the future of ESO? (Updating* 26th July)

• Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭
    Most important:
    Official Controller support!
    Failing that:
    KEYBINDING SETUPS STAY THE SAME FOR ALL CHARACTERS YOU CREATE SO I CAN REALLY SPEND TIME SETTING UP ONCE THEN USE IT ON EVERY CHARCTER!

Then in order of wanting:
    1. A new melee stamina traditional warrior focused class. With class abilities based upon stamina and animations that don't look all magical.
    2. Hot key for Stamina, Health and Magika potions, not just one of them.
    3. Housing with store
    4. Player Market district
    5. Assassins Guild
    6. Thieves Guild
    7. Crime System with prison sentences and escape options
    8. Public dungeons limited to 5 players maximum.

More hair options
    Separate beards from other adornments like earrings.

Who has time? But if we never take time how can we ever have time?
  • JohnD212
    JohnD212
    ✭✭✭
    I know it's unpopular but some form of Auction House. Maybe limit the number of items anyone can list but the lack of one makes such a deep crafting system seem like such a waste.
  • Mempomaniac
    Mempomaniac
    Soul Shriven
    • Cosmetic clothing a/or armor dyes.
    • More visual variety in lowbie gear; With no AH, there's no real way to get visually distinct stuff other than to craft it, and you can only craft in one style to start. :(
    • Chefs should sell leveled cooking/brewing recipes.
    • A way to STOP targeting a mob that I've drawn a bead on but not fired at; right now if I nock an arrow to my bow and get a mob in my sights, there's no way to change my mind - even if I turn my reticle away, the mob will still aggro when I loose the arrow and there doesn't seem to be an intuitive way to un-target. In skyrim 'z' un-nocked the bow, but even turning away worked. Neither of those options work here.
    • chat bubbles. I know not everyone likes them, but it'd be nice to have the option.
    • More intelligent sorting options for Inventory.
    • While we're on that subject, more intelligent use of the sorting options we have: why is there a 'junk' filter if even the items that TELL you to sell them to vendors don't fall into it?
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    -player housing
    -child npc's
    -ability to preview armor (like Mogit)
    -underwater swimming
    -mounted combat
    -other continents
    -barbers (change hairstyle and face paint)
    -crime system
    -add all books found to journal (I can't exactly stand there and read with imps beating on me)
    -FOV slider
    -seasons and holidays
    -optional chat bubbles
    -more armor styles
    -more skills, particularly ones suitable for tanks and healers
    Edited by Melian on April 10, 2014 1:47AM
  • Sauvan
    Sauvan
    KingRebz wrote: »
    OP updated!

Another idea that I would add would be season events where you get event items exclusive to that season! like santa hats, halloween masks but a touch of ES to it
    pxlforge wrote: »
    Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, stealing items and PVE pickpocketing

• Sauvan
    Sauvan

How? You wanna rob your own people? It is not sand box game.
    Edited by Sauvan on April 10, 2014 2:25AM
  • annarr1117nub18_ESO
    All of the "reasonable" Above must be officially newly featured in TESO folks!!!
  • KingRebz
    KingRebz
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys,

Ill be adding all of these to the list in the morning!

Back on topic another idea could be the feature to lend an item? for money? it could work though
    V14 Sorceror [Ebonheart]
  • Chomppa
    Chomppa
    ✭✭✭
    The ability to enter Cyrodiil after Cold Harbor .

A better organized bank tab , right now my CE items are just taking up space .

A preview armor window .
    :):D:(;):\:o:s:p:'(:|B):#o:)<3 (*) >:)
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can the folks asking for "turning keys" please explain why they want this? I don't understand the benefit over turning with the mouse.
  • Duccea
    Duccea
    ✭✭✭
    Here's my little list of things I'd love to see in the game:

- More coat colors for horses to increase variety, possibly also other types of mounts as long as they fit with Elder Scrolls lore.
    - Some way to better trade items to non-guildmates. Doesn't need to be an auction house, a dedicated trade chat channel would already help
    - Player housing and/or guild halls
    - More armor glyphs - right now most of the useful glyphs are jewelry, yet we can only wear 3 pieces of those and most you find are already pre-enchanted.
    - A jewelry making crafting skill
    - Spears as weapons
    - A barber to change your character's look (hairstyles, jewelty, body markings and such), along with more customisation options for characters
    - Guild insignia which can be displayed on armor, shields, and possibly mounts
    - The ability to name items you created
    - More vanity pets
    - Costumes which go into the disguise slot for character customization purposes
    - The ability to chat while fishing
    - eventually a level cap increase along with quests to accompany the process of levelling up
    - Poisons - the traits on the alchemy ingredients are already there, now we just need a way to apply them to our weapons instead of ourselves
    - child npcs
    - mounted combat - unlikely to happen because of the amount of coding and balancing involved, but it would still be awesome
    - a way to filter the items in the guild store by entering a search text - it's hard to find what you're looking for in there right now
    - the possibilty to export and import keybinds so I don't have to set them up again for each new character I create
    - being able to use shift and control in combination with other keys for keybinds
    Edited by Duccea on April 10, 2014 7:49AM
  • Frosthawk
    Frosthawk
    ✭✭✭
    @Marpat_Ninja Dark Brotherhood is coming later, hopefully soon. Some guys did actually make Dark Brotherhood style guild and hunted players in beta, but that emperor part wouldn't work when there would be so much abusing on it.
    Edited by Frosthawk on April 10, 2014 11:20AM
    EU - Adlmeri Dominion
    Sanquin's tester
  • KingRebz
    KingRebz
    ✭✭✭
    Another idea could be new weapon type: - Whips? Flails? Crossbows?
    V14 Sorceror [Ebonheart]
  • rioinsigniab16_ESO
    rioinsigniab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    (*) Reporting Players: Option which allows reporting a player to automatically set them to "ignore": Self explanatory. If you're going to report a player, chances are you wouldn't want to talk to them anymore.

(*) Guild Store: Fix the sub-categories. They are awful and don't work (glyphs showing in materials sub-category??). Also, they should fix the "R" search button not appearing when you first enter the store. Also, see below about more filters

(*) Bank, Bags, Guild Bank and Guild Store:

- Sub-categories for ingredients which filter based on crafting profession.

- Filter by name. Good for when you just can't see the item you want.

(*) Bags: Allow additional bags to be purchased (perhaps made by clothiers?) so that people can separate things in their bags (e.g. outfit sets, ingredients for specific brews etc).

(*) Armour Dyes: Yes please. Creates variance without affecting stats.

(*) Jewelry creation: Is this in the game yet? If not, it needs to be.

(*) Public dungeons: Not a good experience. Too many players cause the experience to be trivialised in many cases. They also allow people to constantly farm for items / motifs. And while they are doing that the entire experience of that dungeon is diminished to the point whereby some can't finish their quests because the mobs die so fast. Example: Dungeon Delvers in Dashann....trying to get a spider with 20 other people in the room....not good.

(*) Vendor voice over: Do they really need to repeat themselves EVERY time you access the vendor (e.g. banks)? Perhaps they could be limited to saying it only once per minute? In real life a vendor wouldn't repeat themselves like that.

(*) Armour / weapon preview facility: Right clicking on an item link in chat or on an item in the bank / guild bank / guild store should allow a window to popup showing your character wearing that item. This is good for when you are considering buying an item but want to see what it looks like first.
    Edited by rioinsigniab16_ESO on April 10, 2014 1:09PM
    How can you soar with eagles.....when you work with turkeys?
  • eneshasanuzuner
    eneshasanuzuner
    Soul Shriven
    Inventory management is dead in game, takes too much time and gets u bored. Especially ur playing with all aspects of the game so few suggestions here;

1-Miscelleneous invetentory catagory should be divided into more parts like;
    -You can see all items at once
    -Only Blacksmithing or Alchmy so on..

2-Permanent Trash marking option
    3-A Home where you can store your stuff easily would be nice
    Edited by eneshasanuzuner on April 11, 2014 4:17PM
  • rioinsigniab16_ESO
    rioinsigniab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    More suggestions:

(*) Allow us to halt xp gain from kills and quests: This is for those of us who are "completionists" and have been battering the local mob population so much that we're outleveling the zones before we get to them. Yes, that means we're responsible for not leaving it on and thus ending up under-leveled. Perhaps it re-enables with each log in?

(*) Add additional quests in zones that count towards the zone quest achievement. Coupled with the above suggestion, this means we can get the achievement without having to spend days looking for that one single ellusive quest that may or may not actually exist.

(*) Mentoring: Allow the possibility that a player can "mentor" another player thereby temporarily boosting the first player to the same level as the second. Allowing them to group up for higher level stuff. Of course, the player won't be able to pick up higher level quests, and the suggestion above for halting xp gain from kills and quests could automatically come into effect, preventing the possibility of "powerleveling" people for real money.

(*) Housing system like that found in the Skyrim expansion would be awesome. There could be various "plots" around the world which could be bought. Then the player has to buy the wood, iron and parts (player craftable?). The construction of the house would be modular like in Skyrim, where the player can choose different style of exterior and what extensions to attach, and where to attach them (like the "towers" in Skyrims housing).

(*) Underwater swimming + dungeon access / treasure chests / shards / crafting mats all found underwater. Alchemy = underwater breathing pots?

(*) Ship building (assuming expansions will come it to allow travelling across the seas). This system could expand the clothing (sails and rigging), blacksmithing (nails, fixtures) and woodworking (the boats themselves) crafting professions.
    Edited by rioinsigniab16_ESO on April 15, 2014 11:17PM
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More suggestions:

At Vet 10, when you no longer get exp, change it so you can still get 'skill exp' so you can max out some skills instead of just stopping it

Add THIEF/ATTACK flag, so you can no longer rob peoples homes without any issues. (Also effects werewolfs in WOLF form in towns and vampires at stage 3 or 4) This will cause the guards to attack you onsite and shops\banks to no longer deal with you.
    Edited by Natjur on April 15, 2014 10:37PM
  • rioinsigniab16_ESO
    rioinsigniab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    (*) Job Boards in towns featuring randomly generated quests that require venturing into "Private" dungeons: Players could get a random quest from an npc / jobboards in the towns. They go in, fight their way through the mini-dungeon to a boss and beat them. There could be different difficulty settings which alter risk vs reward (harder = more loot). This system could be used for mini-dungeons for 1 - 5 players.

There are a number of advantages for this system. Such as players who just want to kill a boss, can "tailor" their adventure based on the level of difficulty required. Also, players who find themselves under-level (e.g. can't find quests) can use these quests as an alternative.

Players could also use the suggestion I mentioned earlier regarding the ability to disable xp gain. So they can replay these instances without out-leveling their progressive PVE content.
    Edited by rioinsigniab16_ESO on April 15, 2014 11:20PM
  • reagen_lionel
    reagen_lionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most important:
    -Chat bubbles

-Better player phasing (I'd like to remind them of that survey)

-More points of interest and general things to do int he wide open spaces of Cyrodil.

-Shared Armor and Jewelry glyph enchantments instead of just the base and only 3 enchantments for armor.

-Expanded guild features: Guild wide mail, Guild announcments, event planner/calander, removed/expanded text limits on message of the day and description

-More skill lines and expanded morphs for existing ones.

-Crime system

-Theives and Dark Brotherhood guilds.

-Actual purpose for fishing

Other:
    -Player housing

-Unarmed Skill line

-Illusion magic skill line

-Some sort of dyeing or custom coloring from crafters.

-armor previewing (or make manquins for player housing to preview armor with)

-hiding more armor than just the helmet

-laxed overcharging stats
  • KingRebz
    KingRebz
    ✭✭✭
    If they were able to add a massive adventure zone im sure these requests wont be a bother to make comparing to the zone.
    V14 Sorceror [Ebonheart]
  • Caran
    Caran
    ✭✭✭
    - Housing
    - another way of trading with other players outside of the guild (player vendor shops?)
    - new guilds (thieves guild, Dark Brotherhood, Morag Tong)
    - a preview window of how equipment will look like
    - cosmetic clothing
    - a barber
    - dyes (but very limited, very realistic. no pink plate armor, please)
  • rioinsigniab16_ESO
    rioinsigniab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Assuming she doesn't die, make sure that the Morag Tong assassin Naryu returns. She's an awesome character.
  • rioinsigniab16_ESO
    rioinsigniab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Sauvan wrote: »

How? You wanna rob your own people? It is not sand box game.
    The player could pick pocket anyone in ES5 (Skyrim), regardless of the faction affiliations. So why not? After all, it's purely down to the descretion of the player as to whether they choose to be honourable or not. That's the whole underlying design of the ES games. Besides ESO is more like a sandbox game than other "level driven" MMO's.

The player could attempt to pick pocket an npc, if caught (failure) then guards are alerted. If the player is caught by the guards, then their stolen goods are confiscated and they are fined. That's exactly how it was in Skyrim and that's exactly how it could be implemented in ESO. SWG had a similar "contraband" system.
    Edited by rioinsigniab16_ESO on April 19, 2014 5:11PM
  • mojotoad72b16_ESO
    -Different types of mounts
    -More pvp options
    -Player housing (construction)
    -Dragon
    -More classes
    -More Skills
    -Dark Brotherhood
    -Thieves Guild
    -Stealing
    -PvE Pickpocketing
    -If construction comes in the game, possibly we can craft decorations for our guilds and houses
    - Dyeing armors
    -Naming items you forge along with a tracking id on them which shows how many users have used the item to kill, what monster has it commonly killed and what npc was it most used on
    -Post-start character editing.
    -A Dwemer spider pet!
    -All already existing professions should have added craft able items for housing
    -Senche mounts for khajiit
    -Rideable guars
    -Camel mounts for the desert
    -Little striped guar as a pet
    -More variety in tail types for khajiit: short, stumpy, tufted, fluffy, thin, etc
    -Playable daedra races: dremora, xivilai, etc
    -Less predictable loot
  • Zakua
    Zakua
    ✭✭✭
    YAY, cool thread. I love the list, keep em coming!
  • Altheina
    Altheina
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to see weapons stay visible throughout whether we are riding horse, drinking potions, etc...

Also, make it that face armor stays on whenever our characters enter into crafting animation
    Altheina - Wood Elf Nightblade
    TESO Fun-fact 1: It takes to kill 119,050 mudcrabs to reach level 50
    TESO Fun-fact 2: There are 61 million items in the game
    TESO Fun-fact 3: There are 40,656,000 different weapon variations in the game
  • Elvent
    Elvent
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see the main 3 I want already up there (housing, chat bubbles and barbershop option)
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like to take one of small row or sail boat for a ride! The way it did in the old Chaos fantasy game. Then I could make it past the slaughterfishes :)
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • rioinsigniab16_ESO
    rioinsigniab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It seems the OP is falling behind on their updates >.<

(*) New Mail description field is auto-filled in with an item name, if it is blank and a player attaches an item to it.

(*) "Mail Item" option in right click menu, when you right click on an item in your inventory. It would then automatically open your mail and slot the item into it.

(*) Ability to mouse click on a player in your field of view and report them. This means the name of the player auto-fills in the player name field of the customer support form. Good for reporting botters.

(*) Private (and group-able) instances for major storyline quests. Too many times you walk into an instance and the story completes because someone has just killed the mob you've gone in to kill. Cap loot drops to prevent farming.
    Edited by rioinsigniab16_ESO on April 21, 2014 10:07PM
  • Maarek
    Maarek
    First, add more ranks to guilds and allow us to set bank permissions based upon guild rank - i.e. how many items you can withdraw.

Then I want to see guild/player housing