Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

QoL Request - Please make gathering Survey Maps easier!

• kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    thorwyn wrote: »
    This should be a bonus, not a second job!

The good old "this is a game not a job" trope.. -.-

You are in full control over that. Noone except you is forcing you to pick up all your surveys, or how you manage them. Also, just because something comes as a "bonus" doesn't automatically mean it should come instantly.

Stacking up surveys is not lazy. Stacking up surveys, doing them all in one session, complaining that this takes too long and asking for a way to circumvent the process...THAT is where lazyness kicks in. It was your choice to let them pile up, so you created the situation.

EDIT:

Maybe look at it that way:
    No craft except cooking and - to an extend - Alchemy is self sustaining. If you are doing writs on a daily basis, you will eventually run out of crafting materials, no matter how much you loot and decon. In order to sustain your dailies, you can either buy raw materials from the guild stores with gold you need to earn first, or go out there and start picking up flowers. Now, you have done 80 writs in 2-3 hours. Look how many raw materials you managed to generate during this time and calculate how long it would have taken you to pick up all that by farming nodes OR paying gold.
    Surveys are one way to SPEED UP the process of refueling your craft bag and enabling you to keep doing your dailies. Asking for a way to do them automatically via NPC is basically asking to make every craft self sustaining.

No, I am not in control of that.

We have many features in the game to make it easier to play. Calling it a "trope" is a bad argument against it.

I have not seen any reasonable argument against making this easier, just the normal "you want it too easy" issues.

We should get rid of multi-crafting and the collection book if we want to make it real. And why not walk everywhere! Get rid of the Dungeon finder and get people out in the world to find groups to go into dungeons!

Sorry, but the arguments all fail.

Not sure why you go off to discuss that no crafting is fully self-sustaining. Who claimed it is or should be?

I just find the current survey collection method to be very bad, especially on console, but even on PC with addons. Quality of Life changes are all about making the quality of life easier.

Anyone here could still do it in other ways if they insist. But many of us want it simpler!

You have seen a few reasonable arguments for not wanting surveys done instantly. You choose to ignore them. It would cause depopulation in zones already suffering from appearing empty at times. It would cause less player engagement in different aspects of the game reducing the long term playability of the game. It would overpower gold/material collection by doing surveys compared to other game activities.
    Quality of life doesn't equate to easier. Easier is not always an improvement. You want a reward with no effort in obtaining that reward. Trash your surveys, play the game how it is fun for you and then you can use gold earned to purchase the materials you need.

And you have seen several valid reasons to make them gathered the way they are. So I am ignoring but you are not?

Note that the only reason that is somewhat valid is controlling what is gathered. The others are just tedium. They are more "I don't mind how it is" and often even "you are lazy if you want it easier" (see above for the lazy comment). Those are not compelling arguments. This is not core gameplay!

And I rarely see anyone else when gathering survey maps, so that argument falls flat.

Clearly some oppose a change that would remove the hassles involved, but many do not like those challenges.

Again if you find it tedious don't do it. It's a game, do what is fun. I've never claimed laziness as a motive for wanting shortcuts in the game. I claim it is players wanting rewards without earning those rewards.
    I sometimes see players when gathering surveys and sometimes I do not. Not seeing players now is no reason to make it less likely to see them going forward. The world needs to feel more populated not less. Surveys help create that. You are correct that collecting surveys is not core game play. It is a side activity we can choose to participate in or not. You want to not participate but still benefit. That is not good for the game in any way.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We all have many other activities than doing surveys that we would rather do.

You just have to budget time in a way that works for you to get them done. Or not.

I would like to see mats shifted from the ever increasing number of surveys into the hireling’s mail because of the investment of skill point passives, but I’m not holding my breath on that one.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA